ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 26th March 2017, 02:50 PM   #161
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Bruce Voigt: An unsupported story about a 2001 ’ burn and cure’ demonstration

Originally Posted by Bruce Voigt View Post
There is just one fake name here...
27 March 2007 Bruce Voigt: An unsupported story about a 2001 ’'burn and cure' demonstration with the fantasy that donating a quack device means that it is used.

Last edited by Reality Check; 26th March 2017 at 02:51 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2017, 02:54 PM   #162
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Bruce Voigt: A lie about redistribution of beds being about the quack Magic Magee

And from this came this - Burn unit changes raise plastic surgeons’ ire
http://www.vancouversun.com/health/b...113/story.html
And from his unsupported story comes a lie!
27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: A lie about redistribution of beds being about the quack Magic Magee device.
Burn unit changes raise plastic surgeons’ ire
Quote:
storm is brewing over changes to Vancouver General Hospital’s 24-bed burn unit that plastic surgeons warn will compromise patient care, as beds get shuffled and redistributed to other wards.

Said Dr. Peter Lennox, head of VGH’s department of plastic surgery: “It’s the clear perception of plastic surgeons that the burn unit is going to be replaced by a newly named (and reorganized) high acuity unit and it will result in the loss of specialized care that burn and complex surgery patients need. The change is going to result in a compromised standard of care for burn and plastic surgery patients and we find that unacceptable.”

The burns, plastic and trauma unit (BPT) at VGH has existed in its current form for about 20 years. It is on the same floor (2nd) as all 20 operating rooms and the intensive care unit. Lennox said under the plan taking effect next month, burn patients will stay but plastic surgery patients will be sent to the urology and gynecology ward, where nurses are unfamiliar with the care of patients who’ve had serious skin grafts.

“Splitting up something that has worked exceptionally well does not make sense and plastic surgeons are worried that our patients may be more susceptible to complications like hospital-acquired infections,” he said.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2017, 02:58 PM   #163
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Bruce Voigt: An ignorant fantasy of bear grease and the quack Magic Magee device

In the new BC Professional Fire Fighters' Burn and Wound Healing Research Laboratory at VGH,...
27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: An ignorant fantasy of bear grease and the quack Magic Magee device.

Vancouver General Hospital to Lead World for Research and Treatment to Heal Burns and Wounds
The Professional Fire Fighters' Burn and Wound Healing Research Laboratory is doing real science that should produce actual burn treatments. The proteins are certainly not "bear grease" !

Last edited by Reality Check; 26th March 2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 26th March 2017, 03:10 PM   #164
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Questions:
  1. 21 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: List the Canadian health authorities who have accepted "Magic Magee Healing Tool" technology.
  2. 21 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: A source for the Ladysmith Community Health Centre using the "Magic Magee Healing Tool" technology please.
  3. 21 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: Please list the clinical trials that have shown "Magic Magee Healing Tool" technology to cure cancer (over the last at least 16 years!)
  4. 27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: Cite the clinical trials where the Magic Magee stops the progress of Multiple Sclerosis
Ignorant and irrelevant posts:
  1. 23 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: The rather pathetic "Do you still beat your wife?" loaded question
  2. 23 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: Ignorant delusions of "Light is the collision of particles", etc.
  3. 23 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: An irrelevant story from 2009 of torturing a bird with gasoline with a fantasy that someone called Grumpy is posting here .
  4. 23 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: An inane ("magic number being 8") and irrelevant story about a radio interview
  5. 24 March 2107 Bruce Voigt: An irrelevant quote with some gibberish from a 2008 post from some forum
  6. 24 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: STUNNING irrelevant quote maybe from a crank about a pyramid in Antarctica from 2016
  7. 24 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: The ignorance of citing a deluded Express UK newspaper blog article!
  8. 24 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: Ignorantly cites an irrelevant "Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories" thread
  9. 24 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: A pilot does not know that Antarctica surrounds the South Pole and links to a fantasy about the Arctic !
  10. 27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: A post of nonsense about irrelevant "two sheets of rolled up paper".
  11. 27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: Quotes irrelevant paranoia? about cell phone safety.
  12. 27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: A 'see an improvement" fantasy with an irrelevant banking link that is nothing to do with the quack Magic Magee device.
  13. 27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: Links to an irrelevant quack web site touting a quack book (no Magic Magee).
  14. 27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: A lie about Heather's book since the link is not about her and the previous book advertisement did not mention the Magic Magee.
  15. 27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: A lie of a untested "grounding" technique being the Magic Magee - no mention, not even any magnets !
  16. 27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: An at least irrelevant man walks into bar story.
  17. 27 March 2007 Bruce Voigt: An unsupported story about a 2001 ’'burn and cure' demonstration with the fantasy that donating a quack device means that it is used.
  18. 27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: A lie about redistribution of beds being about the quack Magic Magee device.
  19. 27 March 2017 Bruce Voigt: An ignorant fantasy of bear grease and the quack Magic Magee device.
Old 26th March 2017, 05:47 PM   #165
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
27 March 2007 Bruce Voigt: An unsupported story about a 2001 ’'burn and cure' demonstration with the fantasy that donating a quack device means that it is used.
and works - which, given the description, it cannot possibly do......
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2017, 08:28 PM   #166
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
and works - which, given the description, it cannot possibly do......
Not to hijack the thread too much, but I have not actually seen a description of this thing. Maybe I missed it, but could you link to that?

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2017, 08:34 PM   #167
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

There is no real description. A thing called the Magic Magee Healing Tool uses some vague varying magnets to do whatever the inventor thinks it can do including curing cancer. It has been around since at least 2001. Only seems to be touted by Bruce Voigt with no sign of its inventor doing any advertising. The only person "testing" it seems to be Bruce Voigt by burning subjects and then reporting nothing.
Lots of irrelevant posts and personal stories from Bruce. The closest he gets to the real Magic Magee inventor is a story abut Victor Voigt and an application for a ship hulk conversion.

ETA: ‘Inventor’ on rusting hulk treating cancer (Aug 12, 2015)
But: Derelict Viki Lyne II removed from Ladysmith harbor (Oct 06, 2016) !

Last edited by Reality Check; 26th March 2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 26th March 2017, 10:30 PM   #168
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

There is no real description. A thing called the Magic Magee Healing Tool uses some vague varying magnets to do whatever the inventor thinks it can do including curing cancer. It has been around since at least 2001. Only seems to be touted by Bruce Voigt with no sign of its inventor doing any advertising. The only person "testing" it seems to be Bruce Voigt by burning subjects and then reporting nothing.
Lots of irrelevant posts and personal stories from Bruce. The closest he gets to the real Magic Magee inventor is a story abut Victor Voigt and an application for a ship hulk conversion.

ETA: ‘Inventor’ on rusting hulk treating cancer (Aug 12, 2015)
But: Derelict Viki Lyne II removed from Ladysmith harbor (Oct 06, 2016) !
Right, so I guess I did not miss much of anything, except further evidence of just how crazy and marginal the whole derelict ship operation was.

bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM   #169
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Mod WarningThis thread is being placed on Moderated Status pending a full review and clean-out. As always, do not attempt to restart the topic of this thread in any other unmoderated thread. Thank you.
Posted By:Loss Leader

Do not pretend I support your argument and do not PM me.
- Nick Terry
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM   #170
Bruce Voigt
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Not to hijack the thread too much, but I have not actually seen a description of this thing. Maybe I missed it, but could you link to that?
C:\Users\Bruce Voigt\Documents\IMG_3453 - The Body Soul & Spirit Expo.mht

Quote:
Scientist, inventor and magnetic expert, Bruce Voigt says magnetic energy can affect healing. With the application of properly configured magnetic energy, the cells begin to resonate and expand producing warmth resulting in increased circulation and blood flow. ... <snip>
http://bagcheaplv.blogspot.com/2012/...-would-be.html

Reality Check - Being the great researcher you are and getting your teeth into this will explain the how, why and who spent millions trying to shut down the Magic Magee Healing Device. Oh and about Victor so the editor got my name wrong (fake news)
You have pain, you take drugs, you become addicted. At this day and age side effects are well documented. Bloody well time for a change! http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/322059781.html

bruto - without me and my Magee the Viki Lyne 11 would still be there

Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited for Rule 4. Do not post extensive quotes of sources available elsewhere. Also edited to add {quote} tags for readability.

Last edited by Loss Leader; Yesterday at 11:34 AM.
Bruce Voigt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM   #171
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

<snip> I think it reasonable to ask a couple of basic questions which would make the discussion smoother.

A device called the "Magic Magee" is said to exist and to do certain things. Let us, for the moment, lay aside the content of the claims, or the character of those making them.

My questions are:

1: Is there any description available of what this device is, what it contains, or how it achieves its effect?
1a: If so, where can this be found?
2: Is there any corroborated instance of the device being used by parties other than its inventors or by the person posting here?
2a: If so, where can this be found?

Edited by Loss Leader:  Moderated thread

Last edited by Loss Leader; Yesterday at 01:16 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM   #172
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Quote:
Scientist, inventor and magnetic expert, Bruce Voigt says magnetic energy can affect healing. With the application of properly configured magnetic energy, the cells begin to resonate and expand producing warmth resulting in increased circulation and blood flow. ... <snip>
http://bagcheaplv.blogspot.com/2012/...-would-be.html
Sounds like inductive heating to me. Microwaves do that to a piece of meat until it is cooked. I don't think it will cure cancer. But it will give you a warm fuzzy feeling as the nerve cells roast.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #173
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Mod WarningPlease do not add "titles" to your posts. Also please do not add icons like thumbs down or others, even if available in the edit window. These titles and icons cannot be edited out through moderation so any post using them will be deleted no matter what other content might be acceptable. Thank you.
Posted By:Loss Leader

Do not pretend I support your argument and do not PM me.
- Nick Terry
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM   #174
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Mr Voigt:

First of all, thank you for clearing up the "Victor" issue as merely a reporting error.

Unfortunately, your other links are not working very well, and I think some corruption has occurred. It would probably be a good idea to go back and fix the "bagcheaply" page, as I'm guessing that your device, whatever it might be, has little in common with Vuitton handbags.

The other link, apparently to an expo, came up dead, not surprisingly, since it appears to be the address of an image on your hard drive.

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #175
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

C:\Users\...
That is a document on your hard drive, Bruce Voigt, and we obviously cannot read it!

<snip> Links to a handbag selling web page that takes his usual ad and inserts handbag outlet links!

<snip> Please give your evidence for anyone in the world spending millions to shut down the Magic Magee device.

Since it is just another quack magnetic device they would be taking advantage of it to make millions of dollars. For example see the magnetic bracelets that are sold on the Internet.

The rational conclusion is actually that no one knows about this specific quack magnetic device. No one seem to be actively marketing it. There seems nowhere on the Internet to buy it. All we have is its inventor, Bruce Voigt, touting an untested device with the extreme claim that it cures cancer. You have given no evidence that it does anything. Your "burn and cure demonstrations" are unsupported anecdotes without any actual reported cures. One other unsupported anecdote from 2001.

Thanks for finally acknowledging that you are the "Victor" Voigt in the article who is claiming to have a cure for cancer. That makes answering my 4 questions really easy for you.

Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited to remove disruptive formatting

Last edited by Loss Leader; Yesterday at 02:44 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #176
Bruce Voigt
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
<snip> I think it reasonable to ask a couple of basic questions which would make the discussion smoother.

A device called the "Magic Magee" is said to exist and to do certain things. Let us, for the moment, lay aside the content of the claims, or the character of those making them.

My questions are:

1: Is there any description available of what this device is, what it contains, or how it achieves its effect?
1a: If so, where can this be found?
2: Is there any corroborated instance of the device being used by parties other than its inventors or by the person posting here?
2a: If so, where can this be found?

Edited by Loss Leader:  Moderated thread
Tuesday, November 14, 1995 FAIRVIEW POST NEWS IN BRIEF Fountain of youth discovered in Hines Creek inventor Bruce Voigt ----

Issue 125 December 2001 COMMON GROUND MaGiC MAGEE Get Pain Relief Now ----

alive #228 October 2001 Magnetic Power Heals Scientist, inventor and magnetic expert, Bruce Voigt says ----

SHARED VISION January 2002 New Magnetic Device Magic Magee is a completely new ----
Bruce Voigt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #177
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Bruce Voigt, could you provide links to the published news stories?
The bit of text you have tells us nothing about the device.
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #178
Bruce Voigt
Critical Thinker

That is a document on your hard drive, Bruce Voigt, and we obviously cannot read it!

<snip> Links to a handbag selling web page that takes his usual ad and inserts handbag outlet links!

<snip> Please give your evidence for anyone in the world spending millions to shut down the Magic Magee device.

Since it is just another quack magnetic device they would be taking advantage of it to make millions of dollars. For example see the magnetic bracelets that are sold on the Internet.

The rational conclusion is actually that no one knows about this specific quack magnetic device. No one seem to be actively marketing it. There seems nowhere on the Internet to buy it. All we have is its inventor, Bruce Voigt, touting an untested device with the extreme claim that it cures cancer. You have given no evidence that it does anything. Your "burn and cure demonstrations" are unsupported anecdotes without any actual reported cures. One other unsupported anecdote from 2001.

Thanks for finally acknowledging that you are the "Victor" Voigt in the article who is claiming to have a cure for cancer. That makes answering my 4 questions really easy for you.

Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited to remove disruptive formatting

<snip>

Times have changed instead of Magna field go Frank Stronach lets see how good you are

Edited by Loss Leader:  Deleted same snippet of article from handbag site as was previously quoted and linked. Rule 6.

Last edited by Loss Leader; Yesterday at 09:44 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology