IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th January 2017, 04:31 AM   #1
Jaytje46
Muse

Sign the petition!

Sign the petition y'all!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-ae911truthorg
Old 28th January 2017, 05:17 AM   #2
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

No.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 06:07 AM   #3
Pinch
Critical Thinker

Sorry. More important things to do - like clean the toilet.
Old 28th January 2017, 06:12 AM   #4
applecorped
Banned

I need money first
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 06:21 AM   #5
pgimeno
Illuminator

I don't know how they are counted, but at the time I visited it says:

1 signed
100,000 goal

Quite remarkable that they think that the businessman's objectives may even include
establishing an honest and ethical government and press.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 07:08 AM   #6
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

It'll be interesting to see if the "movement" switches politics, again. We lose al the angry young street warriors when Obama got elected and 911 Truth became more a right wing cause. Will we get angry Bernie-enials now fighting "the man" again now that we have an even more right wing government than under Bush? *ETA: Or will truthers just be so giddy now that they've got a fellow conspiradroid in the Oval Office that the crazy-right maintains its position of dominance in the latter-day Truth Movement.

And, yeah.... one signature in five days? I think there was more support for "Fill the Reflecting Pond With Lemon Curd".

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 28th January 2017 at 07:24 AM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 07:18 AM   #7
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I think I will sign the one on hemp, love the Hemp blue jeans, I get from Canada.
Under Trump might need a source in the Usa.
Can we also start a petition to send all Truthers to Iran please?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 07:56 AM   #8
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
If you do that, I'll immediately start a petition against that. Despite its current regime, I am too fond of the Iranian people and Iranian culture to wish them this ill. For better or worse, Iran is one of the place in the world with a lesser degree of American whackadoodliness. Let's keeop it that way!

Send the Truthers back to England instead!
Old 28th January 2017, 08:04 AM   #9
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Not a good idea. (a) We don't want them, thanks, and (b) they'll be nearer to you.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 08:05 AM   #10
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

.....Send the Truthers back to England instead!
That won't work. We have entry tests now. They might be asked to spell "tyre" and name the 2 houses of parliament.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 08:49 AM   #11
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

If you do that, I'll immediately start a petition against that. Despite its current regime, I am too fond of the Iranian people and Iranian culture to wish them this ill. For better or worse, Iran is one of the place in the world with a lesser degree of American whackadoodliness. Let's keeop it that way!

Yeah, Iran would never elect a populist conspiracy minded leader or persecute a religious or ethnic minority.

Fair warning: my ex-wife is Iranian, I have some knowledge of the culture in Iran.

ETA: I also used to live in a town with a huge and beautiful Bahá’í temple.

Last edited by LSSBB; 28th January 2017 at 08:52 AM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 08:50 AM   #12
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
That won't work. We have entry tests now. They might be asked to spell "tyre" and name the 2 houses of parliament.
Not a truther (they are idiots I am not) but I could answer all three items (and by spelling it you gave the answer away)!!!!! And, iirc the test covers a bit more than that!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 08:58 AM   #13
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pinch View Post
Sorry. More important things to do - like clean the toilet.
I got some paint drying to watch.
Old 28th January 2017, 09:53 AM   #14
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

A petition, starts with the BIG lie, the foundation of 9/11 truth claims. Claims of evidence, evidence never produced.

Quote:
Open a new investigation into the events of 911 and incorporate the forensic evidence offered by ae911truth.org.
ae911t has some lies, no forensic evidence.
Old 28th January 2017, 10:20 AM   #15
fagin
Philosopher

I wonder what idiot signed it?
Old 28th January 2017, 10:25 AM   #16
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Are we takings bets on how many signatures they get?

I'm going with under 1,000.

They currently seem to be holding strong at 1.
Old 28th January 2017, 10:32 AM   #17
Fonebone
persona non grata

Signed and verified.

--Fear follows crime, and is its punishment _Voltaire
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw

Last edited by Fonebone; 28th January 2017 at 10:35 AM.
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 10:46 AM   #18
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
I wonder what idiot signed it?
Our own Fonebone apparently
Old 28th January 2017, 11:31 AM   #19
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

"Your shipment of fail has arrived."
Old 28th January 2017, 02:20 PM   #20
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Signed and verified.

--Fear follows crime, and is its punishment _Voltaire
Why do believers in the fantasy of CD and the insane claim of an inside job alway post quotes; and fail to produce evidence.

The petition starts with a big lie, and fools a fringe few; one.
Old 28th January 2017, 03:36 PM   #21
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
Final line of the nonsense:

Quote:
Please join us in this petition.

Tally

Quote:
1 SIGNED

I just need someone to do the math.
Old 28th January 2017, 06:30 PM   #22
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Gotta clean out the fridge.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 06:35 PM   #23
Hungry81
Master Poster

I have to return some video tapes

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 06:45 PM   #24
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post

Wouldn't that be considered an Act of War?
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 06:49 PM   #25
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

I would never consider signing the petition except now I think it would be funny to distract Trump with it. Maybe he'll forget he hates countries he doesn't do business with.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 07:23 PM   #26
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Jaytje46 View Post

Apparently, I have more important things to do like counting each blade of grass at the city park.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 10:41 PM   #27
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hungry81 View Post
I have to return some video tapes

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Dude.

Those late fees are going to be a killer.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2017, 10:56 PM   #28
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

one freakin signature. Ha!
Old 29th January 2017, 12:45 AM   #29
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Why ask us to sign it? I thought we were an insignificant rump of denialism, desperately and stubbornly holding out against the massive tide of popular certainity of an inside job? Why would the signatures of the few hundred active members here matter at all in the great sea of the millions who are rushing to show their support for AE911Truth?

I myself only realised today how disconnected I am from reality, when I read the OP and discovered to my shame that I had completely missed the new forensic evidence that AE911Truth has unearthed.
fonebone: as the proud (and so far only) signatory of this petition, could you please link me to this evidence?

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 06:37 AM   #30
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Wouldn't that be considered an Act of War?
Maybe maybe Australia would take them in the interest of preserving peace.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 06:51 AM   #31
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

There was one signature already before Fonebone claimed he signed and had his signature verified.

This leaves us with two options:
  1. The web server fails to update the signature count - in this case, there could be any number of signatories, all but one uncounted
  2. Fonebone lied
Old 29th January 2017, 07:08 AM   #32
Lothian
should be banned

Seems a flawed idea from the start. I doubt the people attracted to this will have the ability to to read the petition or be able to write thier own name. Is there perhaps a way to get people to sign by dribbling on their keyboard?

Last edited by Lothian; 29th January 2017 at 08:08 AM.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 07:35 AM   #33
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Yeah, Iran would never elect a populist conspiracy minded leader or persecute a religious or ethnic minority.

Fair warning: my ex-wife is Iranian, I have some knowledge of the culture in Iran.

ETA: I also used to live in a town with a huge and beautiful Bahá’í temple.
I wonder if the 9/11 conspiracy theories didn't help cause this tragedy, after all it was the position of the Iranian government, the President in particular, that a steel Frame building could not collapse in fire.

Could the conspiracy theories and propaganda have prevented Iran from learning from
9/11/2001 and caused them to not invigously inforce fire codes?
Could Iran's fire fighters be victims of Their own state propaganda.
Old 29th January 2017, 07:56 AM   #34
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

There was one signature already before Fonebone claimed he signed and had his signature verified.

1. The web server fails to update the signature count - in this case, there could be any number of signatories, all but one uncounted
  2. Fonebone lied
Or he was the only signer.
Old 29th January 2017, 08:47 AM   #35
Whip
Graduate Poster

still nothing stopping them from doing their own investigation they allegedly want so badly. just sayin'
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 11:09 AM   #36
FFTR
Scholar

Um, no.
I believe the AE911T site and how it presents evidence is biased, not very scientific and has other motives than finding the "truth".
FFTR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 11:35 AM   #37
Fonebone
persona non grata

2. Fonebone lied
One of my prized possessions is my reputation.

Email received from the "dot gov"
One - my return verification email failed to reach the reply address supplied
and my signature was not tallied.
Two - my return verification was received but not tallied by error.
Three - The petition tally ratchet is disabled.

Thank you for submitting your signature to the We the People petition "Open a new investigation into the events of 911 and incorporate the forensic evidence offered by ae911truth.org." via We The People.
By confirming your signature below, you are participating in the White House's We the People online petitions platform, and you agree to abide by the We the People Terms of Participation and Moderation Policy provided below.
The validation link will expire within 48 hours of receiving it. If you haven't clicked the link within 48 hours, you will need to sign the petition again.
Confirm your signature by clicking here.
Terms of Participation, Moderation Policy.
Petition Title: Open a new investigation into the events of 911 and incorporate the forensic evidence offered by ae911truth.org.
This petition being accepted by the Trump administration is a necessary component to draining the swamp and establishing an honest and ethical government and press. The people who are responsible for the events of 911 did not perish in the plane crashes. Quite the contrary, they are still alive and many of them occupy positions of extreme power and influence right here in the US. Their collective power and ability to influence the main stream media (aka fake news) has created a situation whereby only the official 911 narrative is presented in the msm although many inconsistencies and omissions of truth and fact exist. There are many independent investigators that have spent countless hours researching this subject and it is time that they are heard. Please join us in this petition.

Last edited by Fonebone; 29th January 2017 at 12:29 PM. Reason: OOPS Guess I can't do that-
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 01:06 PM   #38
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

One of my prized possessions is my reputation.

Email received from the "dot gov"
One - my return verification email failed to reach the reply address supplied
and my signature was not tallied.
Two - my return verification was received but not tallied by error.
Three - The petition tally ratchet is disabled.

Thank you for submitting your signature to the We the People petition "Open a new investigation into the events of 911 and incorporate the forensic evidence offered by ae911truth.org." via We The People.
By confirming your signature below, you are participating in the White House's We the People online petitions platform, and you agree to abide by the We the People Terms of Participation and Moderation Policy provided below.
The validation link will expire within 48 hours of receiving it. If you haven't clicked the link within 48 hours, you will need to sign the petition again.
Confirm your signature by clicking here.
Terms of Participation, Moderation Policy.
Petition Title: Open a new investigation into the events of 911 and incorporate the forensic evidence offered by ae911truth.org.
This petition being accepted by the Trump administration is a necessary component to draining the swamp and establishing an honest and ethical government and press. The people who are responsible for the events of 911 did not perish in the plane crashes. Quite the contrary, they are still alive and many of them occupy positions of extreme power and influence right here in the US. Their collective power and ability to influence the main stream media (aka fake news) has created a situation whereby only the official 911 narrative is presented in the msm although many inconsistencies and omissions of truth and fact exist. There are many independent investigators that have spent countless hours researching this subject and it is time that they are heard. Please join us in this petition.
Who cares?
We have heard this garbage for 15 years, and you are no further along that you were then.
Old 29th January 2017, 01:18 PM   #39
skyeagle409
Master Poster

By AE911Truth?? AE911Truth is a discredited organization that is well-known for misusing donations and spewing lies and disinformation. In fact, AE911Truth is also known for its shady business practices!

Quote:
The Shaky Moral Foundation that AE911Truth is Built Upon

We reported about Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth (ae911truth.org) in episode 16 of our audio reports. We worked for them as their systems administrators for almost two years. As a high-level administrator inside the organization, I witnessed a stunning degree of mismanagement and I was privy to everything.

Why We Can No Longer Associate with AE911Truth

http://healthwyze.org/tidbits/590-th...-is-built-upon

AE911Truth lies about "118 Witnesses"

On your main page, you state that 118 first responders heard sounds of explosions "at the plane impact zone - a full second prior to collapse". I've read and re-read AE911truth's Graeme MacQueen's paper "118 Witnesses" and can't find a single witness who reported hearing an explosion at the impact zone a full second prior to collapse, much less 118.

The majority of witnesses (all 31 in the "bomb" category and well over half in the "explosion" category) use the term bomb or explosion to describe the sound DURING the collapse. IE, the roar of the collapse sounded like an explosion/bomb. The remaining accounts describe explosions well before and well after the collapses, as explicitly described by the first responders, and many say they believe in hindsight that the explosions were electrical (Stephen Gregory) or the like. Will you please provide me with information on which eyewitness(es) reported an explosion a full second prior to collapse at the plane impact zone, or remove this at the very least misleading/worst case dishonest claim from your main page? The 118 first responders deserve nothing less.

Lies of AE911Truth Exposed

It is time to bring the lies of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 “Truth” (AE911Truth) to light.

First, as we see, here, AE911Truth claims that over 24,000 Architects and engineers came face to face with the truth. However, as this site points out, if you go to AE911Truth’s own site, you’ll see they only added 50 new petitioners, and if you watch the videos from AE911Truth’s own Web site, you’ll see that only 4 of those 50 were architects or engineers.

https://truthersaresanitychallenged....truth-exposed/

Richard Gage Caught Lying on Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ago6d6jWtpk

Were you aware that Richard Gage and AE911Truth have been discredited even by members of the Truth Movement?!

Quote:
Abraham Hafiz Rodriguez Exposes Richard Gage at AE911Truth Event

9/11 Truther Confronts Richard Gage of "AE911 Truth"

"It's absolutely mind-blowing to think about how many well-intended people are still fooled by this man's unscientific claims...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir0vukXoWGU

Last edited by skyeagle409; 29th January 2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 29th January 2017, 08:08 PM   #40
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Why do believers in the fantasy of CD and the insane claim of an inside job alway post quotes; and fail to produce evidence.

The petition starts with a big lie, and fools a fringe few; one.
... Take thou thy arms and come with me,
for we must quit ourselves as men,
and strive to aid our cause although we be of two.
Great is the strength of feeble arms combined,
and we can combat even with the brave .

--Homer's iliad Bk XIII Line 289

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories