IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Niels Harrit

Old 11th March 2015, 09:39 AM   #401
Josarhus
Thinker

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Tomorroooooow!
*checking beer and popcorn stockpiles*
It starts at 9:30 CET

The funny thing is that the next case starts at 10:00, same courtroom, same judges, so Harrit will have a maximum of 15 minutes, probably shorter.
Old 11th March 2015, 10:50 AM   #402
Spanx
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Josarhus View Post

The funny thing is that the next case starts at 10:00, same courtroom, same judges, so Harrit will have a maximum of 15 minutes, probably shorter.
I might have known the NWO would step in and ruin his presentation
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2015, 11:56 AM   #403
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
I might have known the NWO would step in and ruin his presentation
We have just heard that Niels Harrit's appeal has collapsed completely.

Oops, the ISF has foreknowledge!? Complicity!
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2015, 12:17 PM   #404
KDLarsen
Philosopher

Are you sure about that? It says a verdict is being delivered without court appearances.

Then again, it's a fairly recent addition, so perhaps someone finally got through to Harrit that the video, the science experiment, and god knows what other circus acts he had dreamt up, won't be of any use for him in court...
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2015, 12:54 PM   #405
Spanx
Master Poster

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
Are you sure about that? It says a verdict is being delivered without court appearances.

Then again, it's a fairly recent addition, so perhaps someone finally got through to Harrit that the video, the science experiment, and god knows what other circus acts he had dreamt up, won't be of any use for him in court...
Perhaps he didn't include the video / experiment within the exchange of statements.
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2015, 01:19 PM   #406
Josarhus
Thinker

Two of the judges from Harrits case, in the same chamber, are involved in the other case at 10:00.

Perhaps Harrits case is going to be a series of court appearances, and not just tomorrow.
Old 11th March 2015, 01:37 PM   #407
Spanx
Master Poster

http://youtu.be/cRsm-J4V08w

Oh dear, crackpot ?

If he loses its because the judges are scared.
Old 12th March 2015, 01:36 AM   #408
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The Niels Harrit Fan Club on Facebook will post its spin in a few hours, they say:
https://www.facebook.com/Niels.Harri...iation.society
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2015, 01:59 AM   #409
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

By the way: Harrit's wife, Pernille Grumme, so far has nothing to say on Facebook about Niels' heroic fight against the windmills of the Danish courts. Her priorities must lie elsewhere. For example, on February 20, she shared this anti-semitic dreck by Kevin Barrett on Iran's PressTV:
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/02...ist-coup-detat
Originally Posted by Barrett
“So basically Saudi Arabia and Pakistan were set-up to take the blame for 9/11 to create a blackmail situation where the Zionists who seized power in the United States with their coup d'etat on September 11, 2001 could then use all of the resources of the US government and military to support Israeli expansionism and genocide in Palestine and to launch a permanent war on Islam on behalf of Israel,”
What a tosse!
Old 12th March 2015, 04:58 AM   #410
JSanderO
Illuminator

I looked at Grumme's FB page... It's pretty scary how she sees the world. She is definitely an antisemitic paranoid "crazy". She's pretty open about her views... And although these may not be her husband's views... I would imagine he's not far apart it at all. That's not good.

I wonder of all those people who think Neils is the next best thing to sliced bread are aware of all this and if they would change their views? Guilt by association? I wouldn't be comfortable having these two on my team.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2015, 05:05 AM   #411
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I have so far not heard or read anything by Harrit that would indicate he is an anti-semite himself, and my Danish debunking contacts who know him better (having personally met etc.) don't think he is.

But CTs are boiling hot at the Grumme/Harrit household, with Pernille being solidly into chem trails, too. If my girl friend were an anti-semite, I'd have problem with that...
Old 12th March 2015, 05:23 AM   #412
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Today's schedule at the Eastern High Court is listed here:
http://www.domstol.dk/oestrelandsret...s/TO120315.HTM
(Google Translation)

The Harrit entry is titled "Main Negotiation". Harrit has no advocate, the other party (journalist Søren K. Villemoes and Weekendavisen's chief editor Anne Knudsen) are represented by Attorney S. Juul. Country Judges: Lone Dahl Frandsen, Sanne Kolmos and Morten Ruben Brage, who are also scheduled at 10 am for a different case (a "Sentencing without a hearing").

Procedings are described as "Civil appeal proceedings between private parties. Person Question".

It looks to me as if today both sides have under 15 minutes each to state their case, and a decision will be delivered on some other day.

I read that anyone can order a paper copy of court decisions, and also of material submitted before hearings, but it costs DKK 175 / US$ 25

Last edited by Oystein; 12th March 2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 12th March 2015, 08:19 AM   #413
Josarhus
Thinker

The court ruling will be given on april 9th. 2015
Old 12th March 2015, 09:00 AM   #414
KDLarsen
Philosopher

A brief blurb on the days events in court, courtesy of the English-language version of the University of Copenhagen student newspaper:
http://universitypost.dk/article/cou...pot-libel-case

The zinger of the day goes to Willemoes:
Quote:
Here Niels Harrit, brought in extra evidence in the form of a Søren K. Villemoes own Facebook page subsequent to the trial in the lower court. Here Søren K. Villemoes wrote that he regretted attacking "an outcast", meaning Niels Harrit.
"Why an outcast," prodded Niels Harrit

"To be honest? Because I had pity on you," Søren K. Villemoes retorted.
Edit: There's quite the truther infested (and therefore quite amusing) discussion taking place on Søren K. Williemoes Facebook profile. It's all in Danish though: https://www.facebook.com/skvillemoes...71?pnref=story

Last edited by KDLarsen; 12th March 2015 at 09:14 AM.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2015, 10:08 AM   #415
Spanx
Master Poster

The court ruling will be given on april 9th. 2015
9th it is then, we will finally find out if Niels Harrit is a crackpot.
Old 12th March 2015, 01:16 PM   #416
Spanx
Master Poster

Quote:
Josef Hanji Niels presented the collapse of WTC7 within the first 10 minutes, one of the judges seemed a little choked I dont think he had seen it before. As Niels say, this was actually his biggest achievement of the day, to get the judges to watch WTC7.

Niels did a great job, he could have become a great lawyer if he had wanted that, no doubt about that. He did very well in the start, and he seemed to be on top most of the way.

The biggest disappointment was Per Hedegård, he was very weak, and ended up saying things about physics, no one really understood. Niels asked him specific physics questions, and even there he he was weak in his answers. When the accused lawyer questioned him, he ended up supporting the article mentioned in city court, where he had said that Niels was a fruitcake (translated).

But Jan Utzon was great, representing AE, he said he was sure that WTC7 was a controlled demolition, and that he supported his statement from city court.

Niels was fantastic during his procedure, he kept coming back to the fact, that if Søren Willemoes should be found not guilty, he should have a factual basis - and he had none. In city court he said he had head the NH lecture, but could not remember where. This time he said he did see it in 2013 (actually he claimed to see a lecture from June 2013, and this he could not remember two moths later in city court, but 1.5 years later - I hope they could see he was lying). Niels asked how much of the lecture he watched, and he said 5 minutes. Willemoes had no factual basis what so ever.

The verdict will be made public in 4 weeks, on the 9th of April, the date of the German occupation of Denmark in 1940 (a date most Danes know about).
By all accounts things went well for Harrit

Not so sure he could have been a great lawyer ?
Old 12th March 2015, 01:34 PM   #417
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I need someone familiar with Danish law to explain something to me. Is this hearing to decide if Harrit is indeed crazy (or his views are) or if Søren Willemoes remarks were slander (in a way that hurt Harrits reputation)?

If Harrit is presenting his views of 9/11 this would indicate the former. He seems to be asking the court to rule on his views.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 12th March 2015 at 01:36 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2015, 01:52 PM   #418
KDLarsen
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I need someone familiar with Danish law to explain something to me. Is this hearing to decide if Harrit is indeed crazy (or his views are) or if Søren Willemoes remarks were slander (in a way that hurt Harrits reputation)?

If Harrit is presenting his views of 9/11 this would indicate the former. He seems to be asking the court to rule on his views.
The latter.

But for some reason, Harrit seems to think that if he can convince the judges that he is right, it must also rule that Willemoes' remarks were libelous.
Old 12th March 2015, 02:05 PM   #419
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

The latter.

But for some reason, Harrit seems to think that if he can convince the judges that he is right, it must also rule that Willemoes' remarks were libelous.
Doesn't Harrit have to show that Willemoes comment hurt his standings/reputation more than proving his views are correct? I'm not wrong in thinking Harrit has got his defense arse backward?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2015, 02:25 PM   #420
KDLarsen
Philosopher

Doesn't Harrit have to show that Willemoes comment hurt his standings/reputation more than proving his views are correct? I'm not wrong in thinking Harrit has got his defense arse backward?
That is indeed what he should be doing. Alternatively (I think), he should have focused his efforts on showing how the county court erred in its application of the law.
Old 12th March 2015, 02:30 PM   #421
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

That is indeed what he should be doing. Alternatively (I think), he should have focused his efforts on showing how the county court erred in its application of the law.
If you wouldn't mind, how were they in error (forgive any ignorance I have for Danish law)?

Old 12th March 2015, 02:43 PM   #422
Spanx
Master Poster

DGM, if you watch the YT clip in post 407 it's pretty clear his intentions were to only give his presentation to his witnesses and judges in the hope he will gain followers.

I don't think he even understood why he was going to court.
Old 12th March 2015, 02:48 PM   #423
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
DGM, if you watch the YT clip in post 407 it's pretty clear his intentions were to only give his presentation to his witnesses and judges in the hope he will gain followers.

I don't think he even understood why he was going to court.
I did watch that. I also know that the Danish laws are somewhat strict on what a journalist can say about a person without having to justify their comments. Harrit seemed to be playing on this angle.

Old 12th March 2015, 02:54 PM   #424
KDLarsen
Philosopher

If you wouldn't mind, how were they in error (forgive any ignorance I have for Danish law)?
They weren't, but at least it wouldn't have been a waste of the court's time, seeing as the judges will pretty much ignore all the crap Harrit presented instead.

And if Harrit had realised that, he could have saved the money he will now have to pay to cover Willemoes' attorney costs.

Last edited by KDLarsen; 12th March 2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12th March 2015, 03:09 PM   #425
Spanx
Master Poster

They weren't, but at least it wouldn't have been a waste of the court's time, seeing as the judges will pretty much ignore all the crap Harrit presented instead.

And if Harrit had realised that, he could have saved the money he will now have to pay to cover Willemoes' attorney costs.
No chance of a despute resolution with Harrit, he went the whole hog and presented non-sense.

Last edited by Spanx; 12th March 2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12th March 2015, 03:11 PM   #426
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

From my understanding. Harrit screwed himself by soliciting the journalist response. He put himself out there to be judged. Willemoes did not go after Harrit he was only commenting on what he felt was in public record. If Willemoes had started this out of whole cloth without Harrit initiating the event he would have had to support his comments as to the content.

This is my understanding of the lower court ruling.

Old 12th March 2015, 04:18 PM   #427
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

From my understanding. Harrit screwed himself by soliciting the journalist response. He put himself out there to be judged.
Specifically, he put himself out there to be judged by journalists -- people who cannot reasonably be expected to apply expert scientific judgment and who reach large audiences. Hence he has to consider the consequences of inexpert judgment rendered widely -- a judgment he explicitly invited.

Naturally I'm sympathetic to the idea that a journalist should have a suitable basis for what he publishes, and I gather that Danish law is strict on this point. So I guess we'll see what the judges determine would be a suitable basis for the statement. It seemed to me more like an offhand comment, and I surmise a suitable basis might include what was generally known or being said about Harrit.

I don't know how Danish appeals work, but I'm betting that rehashing his case in chief during oral arguments was probably not advisable. I'm betting he should have presented arguments showing how the lower court erred. If, as it has been reported here, he was simply looking to get his 9/11 arguments heard in some sort of court, then I bet the judges will disregard all or most of it.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2015, 01:52 AM   #428
Spanx
Master Poster

The one thing that is for certain, nobody knows what the judges decision is although I expect the Truther spin will include much hope for the verdict being in Harrit's favour.

IMO for what it's worth, the "evidence" presented by Harrit is not relevant to the case and cannot be verified as factual. The so called evidence was created by Harrit and verified by Harrit, I'm not so sure a judge would take this seriously. They may however do a bit of their own research on Harrit and find he only has a standing on conspiracy sites.

Who knows what they will do or think ?
Old 13th March 2015, 02:54 AM   #429
Spanx
Master Poster

A brief blurb on the days events in court, courtesy of the English-language version of the University of Copenhagen student newspaper:
http://universitypost.dk/article/cou...pot-libel-case
Interesting comments appearing on the above link, maybe I'm missing something ? None of them seem to address the actual court case they seem to have just jumped to wtc7 and ignored the court case just as Harrit did.
Old 13th March 2015, 04:09 AM   #430
Steen Svanholm
Scholar

Claus Larsen and I (911facts.dk) were at the High Court hearings yesterday.

Read our take on it here in English:

http://911facts.dk/?page_id=7023

Kind regards,
Steen
Steen Svanholm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2015, 04:37 AM   #431
KDLarsen
Philosopher

Thank you Steen (edit) and Claus.

Sounds like Harrit continued where he left off in the county court, where iirc both the judge and Søren K. Willemoes' attourney had to assist him in the proper legal language.

Last edited by KDLarsen; 13th March 2015 at 04:41 AM.
Old 13th March 2015, 04:47 AM   #432
JSanderO
Illuminator

Thanks Steen... It's hard to understand exactly the vibes of the court proceeding, but it seems as if Niels was trying to present his arguments for NT and CD as the being valid and so referring to him for making those arguments as a crackpot was libelous. He needed, to show the court, he believed that his work was "serious science"... It hardly seems possible in a brief court hearing. NH has earned the label of a bit of a loose canon because his work in not rigorous and he ventures into areas he has no expertise especially political motives such as the "inside job". I think he will not prevail in this case.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2015, 05:00 AM   #433
Spanx
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Steen Svanholm View Post

Kind regards,
Steen
Thanks, it's good to hear from someone who was actually there.

Wish I had been there, I'm looking forward to Harrit's youtube video which should be out soon, let's see how the two versions of events compare.

So glad Harrit bought his bag of dust (what was he thinking of )
Old 13th March 2015, 05:06 AM   #434
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I didn't know you were going to witness the court hearings - excellent that you you did!

Wow. I understand now why Villemoes feels sorry for Harrit.
They collected 15,000 US$ for Harrit's legal troubles, and he doesn't hire an attorney to look up libel cases for him?? What tosse is so stupid??
Old 13th March 2015, 05:26 AM   #435
Peter i
Critical Thinker

So interesting.

I certainly hope that we can keep calling that crackpot a crackpot!

The vigor with which he is referred to as "professor" and "doctor" is by the way amusing.

His level of education is "Licentiate", which is something along the way of a forerunner of the Ph.D.
Licentiate degrees generally have fewer requirements than Ph.Ds

To be called a "doctor" in Denmark, you have to have a higher doctorate level..... He does not have such a degree.

With regards to the "professor", he has as far as I can see, never held the position of professor anywhere.
His job description has been "lecturer", which is often translated as "assistant professor", but is a far cry from being a "full professor".

His area of science was by the way protein chemistry and organic chemistry.
http://scholar.google.dk/scholar?hl=...+harrit+&btnG=
Peter i is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2015, 05:47 AM   #436
pgimeno
Illuminator

Kind regards,
Steen
Thanks a lot, Claus and Steen.

It's like déjà vu all over again. Pretty much the same that happened with Pedro Amorós here, except that Amorós had a lawyer, who focused on the authenticity of the "faces of Bélmez", trying to prove that Amorós' theories were sound and that the reporter (Javier Cavanilles) had no basis for saying that the faces were a fraud, rather than on what was actually judged (libel).

Of course, the sentence didn't rule on the authenticity at all. It was not its task.

And Harrit is down the same road.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2015, 06:02 AM   #437
Spanx
Master Poster

http://youtu.be/N_KFyW9LPRA

Crackpot ?

First goal, show wtc7
second goal, win the case
Old 13th March 2015, 07:03 AM   #438
Steen Svanholm
Scholar

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I didn't know you were going to witness the court hearings - excellent that you you did!

Wow. I understand now why Villemoes feels sorry for Harrit.
They collected 15,000 US$ for Harrit's legal troubles, and he doesn't hire an attorney to look up libel cases for him?? What tosse is so stupid??
Oystein, do you know for sure that they managed to raise that much? I know they aimed at that amount but how can we know they reached it?
Steen Svanholm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2015, 07:12 AM   #439
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

Oystein, do you know for sure that they managed to raise that much? I know they aimed at that amount but how can we know they reached it?

Here's a link to the request to Help Raise $15K

And here's the update saying they'd reached their fundraising goal

It's anybody's guess as to where the money came from: genuine donations from supporters? Existing AE911Truth money cannily shuffled around/re-allocated? Single donation from a rich madman? It wouldn't surprise me if a only fraction of the full amount was raised, and it also wouldn't surprise me if no money at all was raised.

(good work on the coverage of Harrit's court appearance, an entertaining read)

Last edited by Ape of Good Hope; 13th March 2015 at 07:24 AM.
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2015, 07:29 AM   #440
carlitos
"más divertido"

Kind regards,
Steen
Thanks! The delusions of grandeur are fun to see in print:

Quote:
He brought up a point about Newton and Galileo, to which he said “Perhaps we missed that point”, a point he himself should have made in the beginning.

Harrit rounded off by bringing up Galileo, whose sad story of ecclesiastical persecution and humiliation was not comparable at all to Harrit’s own situation, because Harrit certainly acknowledged that he was just a lowly retired scientist.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories