ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Clinton conspiracies , Comet Pizza , John Podesta , pedophilia

Old 26th January 2017, 07:03 AM   #841
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Each accusation needs to be looked at on its own merits, not judged because of the job, political affiliation, associates or social status of the accused..
When I was in my twenties the news carried a story of a guy accused of forcible confinement and extortion. He and an accomplice went into a house and held the woman hostage while the man was forced to go and withdraw money from his bank account.

The guy was in the local news because he had lived in my home town. I went to grade 3 with him and knew him as a 9 year old fairly well. According to the logic of pizzagaters I am now tainted as a possible kidnapper.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2017, 07:30 AM   #842
Praktik
Philosopher

How do you sleep at night??
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2017, 07:42 AM   #843
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Praktik View Post
How do you sleep at night??
soundly
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2017, 07:50 AM   #844
Ryokan
Insert something funny here

Furthermore, at least two of the examples in the picture are wrong. "The Norwegian government" paedophile ring consisted of only two elected officials- out of 169 members of Parliament- of the 51 arrested.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7432441.html
I don't know why you bring up Parliament. None of the people caught in the Norwegian Operation Dark Room were members of Parliament.

There were two politicians caught. One had held a position high up in his party, and held some positions at municipal level, but never held an elected position. The other was elected into the municipal council. The two were from the Progress Party and Labour, two opposing parties.

There are 426 municipalities in Norway, each with their own elected council. It would probably be a miracle if there were no pedophiles among the politicians in Norway.

Source in Norwegian: http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/dark...enkte/65365143
Ryokan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2017, 08:32 AM   #845
Tolls
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
soundly
That merely confirms just how evil you are!
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2017, 09:16 AM   #846
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Ryokan View Post
I don't know why you bring up Parliament. None of the people caught in the Norwegian Operation Dark Room were members of Parliament.

There were two politicians caught. One had held a position high up in his party, and held some positions at municipal level, but never held an elected position. The other was elected into the municipal council. The two were from the Progress Party and Labour, two opposing parties.

There are 426 municipalities in Norway, each with their own elected council. It would probably be a miracle if there were no pedophiles among the politicians in Norway.

Source in Norwegian: http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/dark...enkte/65365143
Apologies. I actually thought of that after I'd posted- that there would be local councils and the like which would also have elected officials.
Still, it just shows how ridiculous the captioned picture is, when they lazily use the Norwegian government as a title.
Old 26th January 2017, 10:31 AM   #847
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by beren View Post
It's a strawman.
No one is saying democrats can't be pedophiles. If they did, they would be wrong.
That's a more precise answer than mine, which was that it was a fallacy of irrelevance.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2017, 01:23 PM   #848
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tolls View Post
That merely confirms just how evil you are!
I know. Bow before me.
Old 31st January 2017, 08:00 PM   #849
Praktik
Philosopher

Oh they are VERY excited about this!

https://twitter.com/d_seaman/status/826200866612862976

“investigation is underway“

Lol
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2017, 08:19 PM   #850
Delphic Oracle
Master Poster

Oh they are VERY excited about this!

https://twitter.com/d_seaman/status/826200866612862976

“investigation is underway“

Lol
Already claiming victory, too.

https://twitter.com/d_seaman/status/826536419619282944

Quote:
BOOM

As I told you all, under federal investigation. We have a government again, claws and all.
With a link to:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/prosecu...94771?mod=e2tw

Note that the article contains zero instances of the words "pizza", "comet", or "podesta" and makes mention of Hillary only in reference to the emails in the Weiner case that had nothing whatsoever to do with the Clinton investigation.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2017, 09:53 AM   #851
Praktik
Philosopher

Pizzagate Massiv excited about the Rogan/Jones show.

Pizzagate came up.

"let the dominoes fall"

I've never been a huge Rogan fan but he reminds me of my cousin. Great guy. Super nice. Great conversationalist. But will give any idea a fair shake.

Rogan's same way. This tendency leads them both to bad ideas.

I must admit I'm just pissed really - to see Rogan give Jones legitimacy and a platform for this ****.

Not the first fringe guy to visit Rogan but Im more pissed at this then say, the ancient astronaut people he might have on. LOTS of people love Rogan. Its increasing Pizzagate and Jones visibility for sure.
-Iain Banks
Old 9th February 2017, 06:44 PM   #852
bonzombiekitty
Graduate Poster

That's it. **** just got personal.

http://www.philly.com/philly/food/Pi...html?mobi=true
bonzombiekitty is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2017, 11:40 AM   #853
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Pizzagaters are in an internet slap fight with flat earthers!
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2017, 01:26 PM   #854
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by bonzombiekitty View Post
That's it. **** just got personal.

http://www.philly.com/philly/food/Pi...html?mobi=true

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2017, 10:25 AM   #855
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

There was a rally today in Washington and dozens attended.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2017, 10:49 AM   #856
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Well lookee here.
Alex Jones is busily distancing himself from Pizzagate.
https://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/1...r-jones/214809
The funny(?) thing is, Jones blames the MSM.

Originally Posted by Alex Jones
We got distracted off by MSM on this stuff in D.C. when it was all going on in New York and that’s why day one, I saw it, I saw the media, and I said, “Get off that.” And I did that because we’re not psychopaths, we actually look at what is reality and then focus on that. We don’t go like MSM with their misinfo and just cold-bloodedly spew lies, this person’s a racist, this person’s this, this person’s that. Just because it gets us ahead in what we’re doing, we’re all about integrity, and that’s why we make mistakes by covering MSM, focusing on it, and the huge debate.
Old 25th March 2017, 11:16 AM   #857
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
The funny(?) thing is, Jones blames the MSM.
We're all about integrity?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2017, 11:17 AM   #858
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Alex Jones issues an apology over "Pizzagate" conspiracy theory...

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...eory/22011558/

You know what this means, right? Yep, obviously, they've got to him.
Old 25th March 2017, 11:50 AM   #859
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

They offered him his choice of toppings.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2017, 12:10 PM   #860
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post

If by they you mean Alefantis' lawyers, then yes, yes they did.
Old 27th March 2017, 04:44 AM   #861
Degeneve
Muse

I must admit I was convinced I would never see Alex Jones make excuses for Something.
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2017, 05:51 AM   #862
Armitage72
Master Poster

I happened to catch a bit of 60 Minutes last night, and they were interviewing Mike Cernovich for a story on actual fake news, and he defended his promotion of Pizzagate and other stories, insisting they were completely true.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2017, 11:46 AM   #863
Redwood
Graduate Poster

OMG! It turns out that the West Coast Branch is the J.Paul Getty Museum!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMTV Getty Center ''Pedogate''.jpg (83.2 KB, 15 views)
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2017, 11:50 AM   #864
Belz...
Fiend God

Pedos everywhere!

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2017, 02:28 PM   #865
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Sure , after all he now buddy's up to the POTUS. Obviously they got to him.
Old 28th March 2017, 02:59 PM   #866
Cavemonster
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Sure , after all he now buddy's up to the POTUS. Obviously they got to him.
Are you kidding? Most Pizzagate believers are full on MAGA Trump supporters.

In the Voat forums the overwhelming sentiment was that Sessions was going to begin action against Podesta immediately on appointment. They claim that any arrest even vaguely related to prostitution, trafficking or children is a part of Trump closing in on pizzagate.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2017, 07:08 AM   #867
Praktik
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
Are you kidding? Most Pizzagate believers are full on MAGA Trump supporters.

In the Voat forums the overwhelming sentiment was that Sessions was going to begin action against Podesta immediately on appointment. They claim that any arrest even vaguely related to prostitution, trafficking or children is a part of Trump closing in on pizzagate.
In the small sample of pizzagate believers on my nightlife board - seems the common thread is more anti-hillary venom, like dripping venom Hillary-is-the-anti-christ level stuff. Like all lines of evil in the American polity stem from her lying, bankster-loving face.

They often make reference to how much better off we are with Trump since Hillary "woulda been worse", yet they stop short of coming out as full throated Trump MAGA believers, the anti-Hillary venom means her opponent's victory is still a good thing. Maybe as Canadians we don't have as many overt Trump supporters up here.

here is an example from the biggest pizzagate/sandy hook believer on the baord:
"April 3rd, and Hillary still isn't and will never be president.

Life continues to be good."
I think cause they imagine that Obama's third term under Hillary would essentially be more NWO, and now we have an "anti-globalist" - who nonetheless appears to be doubling down on US interventionism in the ME in a more enthusiastic way than Obama ever did.... but I think their cognitive dissonance doesn't let them percieve the ways the American Empire Project is being furthered by the Trump admin in ways they would be castigating Hillary for if she did the same.

They live in a comic book.
-Iain Banks
Old 6th April 2017, 06:55 AM   #868
Praktik
Philosopher

“Pizzagate” conspiracy theorists question how no one has noticed Guy Fieri is an Illuminati wizard
-Iain Banks
Old 20th April 2017, 08:17 AM   #869
Bob001
Philosopher

The shop owner writes about the "pizzagate" experience.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.3626662355c4
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 05:47 AM   #870
Praktik
Philosopher

Quote from a conspiracy theorist on another board, im loathe to look this up, anyone know what he's talking about?

"some fairly disturbing videos have come to light regarding Podesta.
I can't wrap my head around the authenticity or realness of the latest one...but it's not pleasant to listen to, let alone watch.
It involves, what sounds like a young boy.
For the life of me, i can't see how this was ' staged '."

-Iain Banks
Old 11th May 2017, 07:21 AM   #871
Thermal
Philosopher

Quote from a conspiracy theorist on another board, im loathe to look this up, anyone know what he's talking about?

"some fairly disturbing videos have come to light regarding Podesta.
I can't wrap my head around the authenticity or realness of the latest one...but it's not pleasant to listen to, let alone watch.
It involves, what sounds like a young boy.
For the life of me, i can't see how this was ' staged '."

Shakey video in a dark room with colored lights, can't see anything. Kid screaming and someone who sounds like Podesta shouting 'Whats my name? You will call me father!' Not exactly a silver bullet. YT link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A98J_OeCmpQ
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 07:26 AM   #872
Praktik
Philosopher

Thanks - i didn't even want to start looking, thinking my searches might get me on some kid of list for perverts or something!!

I figured if this was a smoking gun, should be in the hands of the police and he should be arrested by now
-Iain Banks
Old 12th May 2017, 11:50 AM   #873
Cavemonster
Philosopher

Thanks - i didn't even want to start looking, thinking my searches might get me on some kid of list for perverts or something!!

I figured if this was a smoking gun, should be in the hands of the police and he should be arrested by now
Most importantly, while some conspiracy theorists claim the video was somehow found in a secret file on the Comet Ping Pong website, the earliest source, which seems to be everyone's source is a Youtube channel from a group best known for creating alternate reality games. A genre that uses things like staged Youtube videos to create fictional worlds.

Make of that what you will.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2019, 05:02 PM   #874
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

More domestic terrorism spurned on by this.

Quote:
Fire officials say a minor fire at D.C. pizzeria that has been a popular target for conspiracy theorists was intentionally set.

The fire was reported on Wednesday around 9:20 p.m. Investigators say curtains and window coverings inside the restaurant caught fire.

They say employees had extinguished the fire before crews arrived.
Old 25th January 2019, 05:41 PM   #875
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Spurred*
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2019, 07:36 PM   #876
novaphile
Quester of Doglets

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Spurred*
Thank you for not taking this into the gutter (which is where my brain went when I encountered the typo)

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories