ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th July 2016, 09:09 PM   #1
Kid Eager
Philosopher

David Icke Gets Rolled on morning TV

David Icke is visiting Australia to reassure the local conspiracy theory believers that they're really quite intelligent and reasonable people.

As part of his visit, Icke went on the morning tv Today Show to promote his visit and 12-hour "shows". It didn't go quite as he hoped:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...=1468469096894
Old 13th July 2016, 10:22 PM   #2
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

It won't stop thousands of people paying $100 to attend, unfortunately.

I'm looking forward to his Auckland show. Unless the aliens stop him coming!!!11!!
Old 13th July 2016, 11:44 PM   #3
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Karl and Lisa are fairly typical of us Aussies. Karl is a knockabout boofhead lad most of the time (and a slightly more serious reporter at other times), while Lisa is a more serious journalist most of the time. But between them they do rather like to ensure that their interviewees do stick to the subject and do tell some truths. And they are not afraid to call them on it either, if needs be.

So it would appear that Icke thought he could just waltz his usual blather onto TV for a free promo, with the interviewers being "fair" and "kind", and not really tax him at all. So when the questions came, and they were pretty tame really, he was totally stumped and it showed. So rather than getting a free promo, he got a public pelting in the stocks. On national TV.

I usually think these two are fairly banal as far as TV goes, but I loved it.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 03:51 AM   #4
gypsyjackson
Critical Thinker

If you look at the picture about halfway down the page, when Karl is doing his funny face, if you look carefully you can actually see alien ships whizzing across the studio.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 07:15 AM   #5
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

"“He was a lovely guy, that last guy,” said sports reporter Tim Gilbert. “He was one of the biggest knobs I’ve ever seen on TV.”"

Awesome.
Old 14th July 2016, 07:29 AM   #6
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Nice. The Australians always strike me as no-nonsense, to the point, and not very keen on letting nonsense go unchallenged
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 07:33 AM   #7
Faydra
sinning sybarite

Quote:
David Icke Gets Rolled on morning TV
So, he was icke-rolled?
Faydra is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 09:29 AM   #8
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Love the part when she asks "Is Vladimir Putin An Alien?".

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 11:47 AM   #9
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Love the part when she asks "Is Vladimir Putin An Alien?".
I thought that was common knowledge?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 01:36 PM   #10
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Of course he doesn't answer questions about his theories on air. It would cut into ticket sales.

Why not say whether or not Putin is an alien?
Why not expand on his hollow moon-is-a-spacecraft contention?

Because it gives away the detail that some people will buy tickets to hear, while others might see exactly how loony he is and reconsider buying a ticket they had thought about buying.

"You were breifed by a reeearcher." So what? If Putin, or Obama, or Trump, were on the very same would occur. Is Icke somehow supposed to be above this common interview treatment?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 02:12 PM   #11
tinribmancer

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I thought that was common knowledge?
I thought he was an Asian clone?

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Of course he doesn't answer questions about his theories on air. It would cut into ticket sales.

Why not say whether or not Putin is an alien?
Why not expand on his hollow moon-is-a-spacecraft contention?

Because it gives away the detail that some people will buy tickets to hear, while others might see exactly how loony he is and reconsider buying a ticket they had thought about buying.

"You were breifed by a reeearcher." So what? If Putin, or Obama, or Trump, were on the very same would occur. Is Icke somehow supposed to be above this common interview treatment?
Well, he is the president of Ickeonia after all...

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 08:52 PM   #12
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Nice. The Australians always strike me as no-nonsense, to the point, and not very keen on letting nonsense go unchallenged
If only that were true.
Sadly, like most generalisms, it is not.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 09:38 PM   #13
threadworm
Graduate Poster

His devotees aren't impressed

https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=309543

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 10:12 PM   #14
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
The classic quote from that forum

Quote:
These may be facts (that world leaders are alien reptiles), but it's just the nature of how they present it that irritates me. It's obviously set up to make David & the rest of us, look like nutters.
Ya thunk that?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2016, 11:10 PM   #15
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
As Bugs Bunny might say "ehhhya...what a bunch of maroons! *chomps carrot*"
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2016, 11:16 AM   #16
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
The classic quote from that forum

Ya thunk that?
That is hilarious!

"Sure Dave says that world leaders are reptilians and that's nutz, but don't say it in such a way as to imply that Dave is nutty. It's so rude."
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2016, 12:39 PM   #17
Malbec
Muse

DI ran rings around what came over as , " country hicks " .
They tried to be smart arses and ended up looking just plain silly .
Malbec is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2016, 12:41 PM   #18
tinribmancer

Ok, "Alien Reptiles" is a new one. So, the Lizard People are from outer space then?

Old 16th July 2016, 01:25 PM   #19
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
Odd, I saw pretty much the opposite. They asked DI about his theories, theories I expect he would expound on in his talk, which WAS the whole reason he was on the TV show in the first place. Instead of responding he chose to get angry and bombastic.
Is that what people attending could expect if there is a Q&A afterwards? Why does he run from his own theories?

Malbec, does he or does he not claim that some world leaders are reptilian aliens? A yes or no will suffice, but for extra points you could let us in on which ones. As per the host of the show: is Putin an extrarerrestrial?

Last edited by jaydeehess; 16th July 2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 16th July 2016, 01:26 PM   #20
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Ok, "Alien Reptiles" is a new one. So, the Lizard People are from outer space then?
Yes, have you never watched "The Outer Limits"?
Old 17th July 2016, 01:05 AM   #21
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Did you actually watch any of the interview, or is this just a knee-jerk response? Even Icke's supporters don't agree with you.

My favourite part was when he was asked how the moon was moved. "It's a spaceship", he replied, "How do you think it moved?"
"I don't know. It's your theory!" was the response.
"It moves like a spaceship!" was Icke's "running rings around the country hicks" slam-dunk answer.
In other words, no details, no explanation, just a vague dodge and "move along, there's nothing to see here" before anyone asked him where the rocket vents were, or if he had samples of the dilithium crystals from the warp core.

What a numpty.
Old 17th July 2016, 01:08 AM   #22
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
It won't stop thousands of people paying $100 to attend, unfortunately.

I'm looking forward to his Auckland show. Unless the aliens stop him coming!!!11!!
Jewish aliens?

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 01:11 AM   #23
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Which interview were you watching?

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 01:27 AM   #24
Malbec
Muse

Odd, edit======
Malbec, does he or does he not claim that some world leaders are reptilian aliens? A yes or no will suffice, but for extra points you could let us in on which ones. As per the host of the show: is Putin an extrarerrestrial?
Don't ask me a question and then tell me the terms you wish me to answer with .
You are just repeating the rudeness of those country hicks .

Example : " Come on Mister Einstein , are you really telling us that things can be in many places simultaneously and that Energy can be defined in one small equation with just three expression codes , one of which is a constant that you have decided on ?
That type of intellectual stupidity was funny fifty years ago but no longer .
Malbec is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 01:37 AM   #25
Malbec
Muse

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Did you actually watch any of the interview, or is this just a knee-jerk response? Even Icke's supporters don't agree with you.

My favourite part was when he was asked how the moon was moved. "It's a spaceship", he replied, "How do you think it moved?"
"I don't know. It's your theory!" was the response.
"It moves like a spaceship!" was Icke's "running rings around the country hicks" slam-dunk answer.
In other words, no details, no explanation, just a vague dodge and "move along, there's nothing to see here" before anyone asked him where the rocket vents were, or if he had samples of the dilithium crystals from the warp core.

What a numpty.
see previous post .
How might a spaceship move ?
"By tucking propulsion of one sort or another you clown " -- is what he should have said .
I can see he was lost for words by being faced with such dolts .
The moon being hollow , for example , is a very interesting theory and when faced with full facts is very difficult to argue against .
Far beyond the capabilities of anyone I have so far read here .
But to give the morons time to make the same inane remarks and then discuss the matter rationally , would be asking for the impossible in a two minute slot .
He got the publicity he wanted and just had to accept that the MSM has neither the time or type of audience to have a real chat .

P.S. I track DI on a ca. 6 month basis . IMO about 90 % of what he talks about is good to excellent . Like DI , I could make a very strong case for Aliens having visited this planet in our past . However , in his position I would not have included further material and speculation in this area publicly . It only leads to this type of situation -- 99% name calling and ridicule . It results in him being easily labelled as screw loose based on a very small part of his discussion agenda -- the balance being worthwhile or better .You just fit the stereotype and smugness is the order of the day .

Last edited by Malbec; 17th July 2016 at 01:47 AM.
Old 17th July 2016, 01:38 AM   #26
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Example : " Come on Mister Einstein , are you really telling us that things can be in many places simultaneously and that Energy can be defined in one small equation with just three expression codes , one of which is a constant that you have decided on ?
Is that yes or no?

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 01:41 AM   #27
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, way to courageously take on the question. Come on, if you believe the crap DI spews, own it. Or, explain why it's not crap.

From what I know of Einstein, he probably would have answered your question.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 06:23 AM   #28
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I note well your absolute dodge of the question. Ok here it is again in simple form:
Does Daivid Icke claim that some world leaders are reptilian aliens?
Details welcome should you care to share.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 17th July 2016 at 06:25 AM.
Old 17th July 2016, 09:02 AM   #29
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Funny how a simple question can send racist fantasists into convulsions. Does DI believe some current world leaders are reptilian aliens posing as earthlings? It's a yes or no question, what are you afraid of? Answer it.

If the answer is yes, which ones specifically?

Wollen owns the stage
Old 17th July 2016, 10:51 AM   #30
Jrrarglblarg

Perhaps the reason he can't answer is that like everyone else he's never actually read an Icke book because they're unreadable gibberish, generalities, waffle, science fiction cribbed from better writers and drug induced fantasy. And repetitive, so you only need to read one book to get most of his content.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 11:32 AM   #31
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

see previous post .
How might a spaceship move ?
"By tucking propulsion of one sort or another you clown " -- is what he should have said .
I can see he was lost for words by being faced with such dolts .
The moon being hollow , for example , is a very interesting theory and when faced with full facts is very difficult to argue against .
Far beyond the capabilities of anyone I have so far read here .
But to give the morons time to make the same inane remarks and then discuss the matter rationally , would be asking for the impossible in a two minute slot .
He got the publicity he wanted and just had to accept that the MSM has neither the time or type of audience to have a real chat .

P.S. I track DI on a ca. 6 month basis . IMO about 90 % of what he talks about is good to excellent . Like DI , I could make a very strong case for Aliens having visited this planet in our past . However , in his position I would not have included further material and speculation in this area publicly . It only leads to this type of situation -- 99% name calling and ridicule . It results in him being easily labelled as screw loose based on a very small part of his discussion agenda -- the balance being worthwhile or better .You just fit the stereotype and smugness is the order of the day .
LOL.

David Icke is a lemon, mate. He gets routinely laughed at in the UK.

Here he is meeting Karl Pilkington and getting taken for a ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGNmEDM9gU

It appears to have been recorded through a potato, but it's still very funny and the audio is fine.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'

Last edited by Gilbert Syndrome; 17th July 2016 at 11:37 AM.
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 11:40 AM   #32
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
Perhaps the reason he can't answer is that like everyone else he's never actually read an Icke book because they're unreadable gibberish, generalities, waffle, science fiction cribbed from better writers and drug induced fantasy. And repetitive, so you only need to read one book to get most of his content.
Having read most of the Robots Rebellion when I spied it had been left in an office about 5 years ago, I can attest to the simple fact that I've read better stories in the Readers Wives section of dirty magazines.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 12:24 PM   #33
Malbec
Muse

I note well your absolute dodge of the question. Ok here it is again in simple form:
Does Daivid Icke claim that some world leaders are reptilian aliens?
Details welcome should you care to share.
I referred to the presenters as being dolts . Why do you want to bracket yourself with them ?
What convoluted process leads you to believe i am DI's spokesperson ?
Old 17th July 2016, 12:27 PM   #34
Malbec
Muse

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
LOL.

David Icke is a lemon, mate. He gets routinely laughed at in the UK.

Here he is meeting Karl Pilkington and getting taken for a ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGNmEDM9gU

It appears to have been recorded through a potato, but it's still very funny and the audio is fine.
Why do you imagine you are telling me anything I am unaware of ?
But despite his faults he is much more "clued up" than anybody I have yet seen on this chat site .
Old 17th July 2016, 12:41 PM   #35
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

A few days ago I met someone who told me that 911 was a conspiracy between the US government and aliens from outer space. It's a curious thing to encounter this degree of delusion in person.
Old 17th July 2016, 12:44 PM   #36
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Wow and then some. I hesitate to ask, but what facts?
Old 17th July 2016, 12:59 PM   #37
Hans
Philosopher

But despite his faults he is much more "clued up" than anybody I have yet seen on this chat site .
..you mean he believes in some of same nonsense you buy into? I think most of the people here would be quite comfortable not being so 'clued up' since most of us would spell the first word with an F.
Old 17th July 2016, 01:00 PM   #38
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I referred to the presenters as being dolts . Why do you want to bracket yourself with them ?
What convoluted process leads you to believe i am DI's spokesperson ?
Consider that you may not be an authority on who is and who is not a dolt.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 01:05 PM   #39
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

You just claimed to be aware of the fact that he's an embarrassment, and then in the very next sentence totally rendered your previous post as a nonsense. I've never seen that done before, congrats

Last edited by Gilbert Syndrome; 17th July 2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 17th July 2016, 01:22 PM   #40
p0lka
Graduate Poster

do you happen to have those full facts that would be difficult to argue against?
I would be interested in seeing them.
p0lka is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories