ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Clinton conspiracies , Comet Pizza , John Podesta , pedophilia

Reply
Old 29th November 2016, 05:27 AM   #81
marplots
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 29,167
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Okay, so if we are "being governed by a satanic child-sacrificing cult", why is it that in the last 40-50 years, laws against child sexual abuse and child porn have only gotten stronger?
Because powerful people know they are largely immune to laws and they want to lessen the competition from poor and middle class pedophiles.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 05:29 AM   #82
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,260
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Comprehensive compilation of the "evidence" here:
https://dcpizzagate.wordpress.com/
If itīs all true, then perhaps we are being governed by a satanic child-sacrificing cult after all...

(this is an old conspiracy theory in Spain, see Alcasser murders, "La Ilustre Degeneración" etc.)

I admit these pictures are quite unsettling... why would one want to hang this in their bedroom wall...
https://dcpizzagate.files.wordpress....1/biljana2.jpg
No idea. Does anyone actually have it on their bedroom wall?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 05:41 AM   #83
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,737
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Okay, so if we are "being governed by a satanic child-sacrificing cult", why is it that in the last 40-50 years, laws against child sexual abuse and child porn have only gotten stronger?





Read that again: prior to 1977, there was no federal law against child porn in the US, and if you look into it, there weren't many in other countries either. Yet, somehow, during this period in which large parts of the government were in the hands of pedophiles, we somehow had laws passed that banned it, and those laws have only become stronger since, with far more effort put into enforcement. Why would a bunch of secret pedophiles have allowed that to happen?
Yeah, but how can you explain the fact that the president might have ordered some expensive hotdogs? That can only mean child rape.

And how do you explain the clever clues left on social media by people eating or selling pizza? An instagram picture from a kids' party, posted by their parents, can only mean 'sex trafficking ring run by the political elite, who clearly advertise this on posters, by being vague'.

This whole conspiracy theory is idiotic.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 06:00 AM   #84
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
I admit these pictures are quite unsettling... why would one want to hang this in their bedroom wall...
Should use an NSFW tag there, mate.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 06:28 AM   #85
Cavemonster
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,141
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Comprehensive compilation of the "evidence" here:
https://dcpizzagate.wordpress.com/
If itīs all true, then perhaps we are being governed by a satanic child-sacrificing cult after all...

(this is an old conspiracy theory in Spain, see Alcasser murders, "La Ilustre Degeneración" etc.)

I admit these pictures are quite unsettling... why would one want to hang this in their bedroom wall...
https://dcpizzagate.files.wordpress....1/biljana2.jpg
There is no reason to think anyone has this picture on their bedroom wall.

The connection of this picture to pizzagate?

In an article on his art collection, the artist who created this work is mentioned as being on the more obscure end of a collection of more than 700 works that Tony Podesta owns. Not this piece, just some amount of work by that artist.

Tony Podesta is the Brother of John Podesta. John Podesta has had fundraisers at Comet Ping Pong Pizza.

That reminds me of this:
Spaceballs
__________________
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 06:58 AM   #86
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Okay, so if we are "being governed by a satanic child-sacrificing cult", why is it that in the last 40-50 years, laws against child sexual abuse and child porn have only gotten stronger?





Read that again: prior to 1977, there was no federal law against child porn in the US, and if you look into it, there weren't many in other countries either. Yet, somehow, during this period in which large parts of the government were in the hands of pedophiles, we somehow had laws passed that banned it, and those laws have only become stronger since, with far more effort put into enforcement. Why would a bunch of secret pedophiles have allowed that to happen?
Thatīs an easy one! According to this CT this powerful elite use this as a means to control people of influence. The idea is that the initiates do some unspeakable acts (sex with minors or even child sacrifices) and get recorded doing it, which makes them susceptible of blackmail. So they can control politicians, foreign governments etc. Those laws are there to make it easier to blackmail, of course!
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:02 AM   #87
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
No idea. Does anyone actually have it on their bedroom wall?
Itīs a manner of speaking...

What they do have in that now infamous pizza place is this:


Which is quite odd for a family pizza restaurant IMO

By the same artist as these:


Last edited by Abooga; 29th November 2016 at 07:05 AM.
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:08 AM   #88
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Should use an NSFW tag there, mate.
Oops... too late now... well, itīs not NSFW, just suggestive of it... perhaps the kid is just playing ...
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:13 AM   #89
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Originally Posted by Halcyon Dayz View Post
Illuminati's Razor: The most evil explanation must be the correct one.


Lister from Red Dwarf wants to retire as the owner of a Hot Dog and Donut stand on Fiji.
That's the one. Why was I thinking it was something like Bolt? Hm.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:14 AM   #90
Cavemonster
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,141
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
]

Which is quite odd for a family pizza restaurant IMO
It's not really a family pizza restaurant. It isn't a Chucky Cheese or even a Papa Geno's. It's an artsy hipster pizza place.

Their pizza looks like this



Also you're doing the thing again where you reference other works that are not in a place as though they mean something.
__________________
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:16 AM   #91
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Itīs a manner of speaking...

What they do have in that now infamous pizza place is this:


Which is quite odd for a family pizza restaurant IMO
Your opinion seems informed by a pre-determined conclusion.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:31 AM   #92
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,737
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Itīs a manner of speaking...

What they do have in that now infamous pizza place is this:
https://dcpizzagate.files.wordpress....6&h=313&crop=1

Which is quite odd for a family pizza restaurant IMO
Why? What's so odd about it, and what is the relevance of the parts that have been circled?

More importantly: How the **** do you get from "they display art I don't like very much" to "therefore they're raping kids in the back room and secretly advertising this on their walls"?

Your 'reasoning' is exactly as sound and coherent as someone exclaiming "Only a witch would have a mole on her cheek, now I know who to blame when our crops fail"
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:32 AM   #93
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
It's not really a family pizza restaurant. It isn't a Chucky Cheese or even a Papa Geno's. It's an artsy hipster pizza place.

Their pizza looks like this
That pizza looks very tasty I admit.
Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
Also you're doing the thing again where you reference other works that are not in a place as though they mean something.
Itīs hard to tell what the pizza place picture is about, but together with the other artworks of the same artist it looks more like some kind of ritual with two people wearing antlers... It doesnīt prove anything, itīs probably just some hipster crap, but I personally find it odd.
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:33 AM   #94
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,260
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Itīs a manner of speaking...

What they do have in that now infamous pizza place is this:
https://dcpizzagate.files.wordpress....6&h=313&crop=1

Which is quite odd for a family pizza restaurant IMO
Why? What's odd about it? I have seen plenty of art in restaurants which is more odd. Big deal.

Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
By the same artist as these:
<snip for brevity>
So what? Are they in the restaurant? Nope. So who cares? Perhaps we should ban the statue of David? Maybe the rape of the sabine women?

Go visit an art museum. You might learn something.

ETA: Ban the Sistine Chapel. It's ceiling is pornographic by that measure.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...

Last edited by abaddon; 29th November 2016 at 07:35 AM.
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:45 AM   #95
Cavemonster
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,141
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
That pizza looks very tasty I admit.
The point being that it's artsy "gourmet" pizza. Burned edges, small pies, weird toppings. Now I love that stuff, but it isn't what they serve at pizza places catering predominantly to children and families

While some people may bring their kids, it isn't a place designed for families first and foremost, it's designed for hipsters. So incredulity that there would be weird art on the walls is misplaced. There are weird artsy paintings on the walls of a place that serves weird artsy food to weird artsy people.

I myself being a weird artsy guy have frequented many artsy eating establishments and have found art that was a lot less tame than those large paintings to be hanging on the walls.
__________________
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:48 AM   #96
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Why? What's so odd about it, and what is the relevance of the parts that have been circled?

More importantly: How the **** do you get from "they display art I don't like very much" to "therefore they're raping kids in the back room and secretly advertising this on their walls"?

Your 'reasoning' is exactly as sound and coherent as someone exclaiming "Only a witch would have a mole on her cheek, now I know who to blame when our crops fail"
I havenīt presented any "reasoning" for its coherence to be attacked, I just pointed to a website (https://dcpizzagate.wordpress.com/) and extracted a couple of things from it that seem particularly odd to me, but youīd have to look at the website itself to see the whole "accumulation of weirdness".

I find this CT interesting because in Spain weīve had similar ones being talked about for many years. There have also been cases and cover-ups of pederasty in the UK, Portugal, Belgium... Even if I think a large scale CT is most probably not true, sometimes I wonder if it might be...

(It is known that sociopaths can thrive in high level positions. Many political institutions have been running uninterruptedly for many generations... who knows what secrets they might keep from us... The British Royal familyīs ancestors would torture prisoners in horrible gorey ways... just a few generations away from the current royals. The Spanish secret services of Franco are the same as today, with a different name. They did some sick things in the past... are we to suppose that they are nice and reformed nowadays?)
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:54 AM   #97
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Itīs hard to tell what the pizza place picture is about, but together with the other artworks of the same artist it looks more like some kind of ritual with two people wearing antlers... It doesnīt prove anything, itīs probably just some hipster crap, but I personally find it odd.
When one looks for signs of "ritual", one finds them.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:55 AM   #98
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,737
You say you have not presented a reasoning, and you're not saying anything other than that you find it 'odd', but in the same breath you insist on making parallels to cover-ups of child rape. I find that odd...

Make a point, or shut up.
Don't just point to strange paintings and say "I'm not saying they're definitely raping kids, but don't you think those paintings are odd?" as if it's supposed to mean anything.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 07:58 AM   #99
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
I havenīt presented any "reasoning" for its coherence to be attacked, I just pointed to a website (https://dcpizzagate.wordpress.com/) and extracted a couple of things from it that seem particularly odd to me, but youīd have to look at the website itself to see the whole "accumulation of weirdness".
I'm yet to see a "reasoning" explaining how "weirdness" means that "child abuse ring" is more likely in that place. You'll need that.

And don't hide behind accusations of being "attacked". If you post your opinions in the public sphere, expect them to be challenged, especially when they are nonsensical.

Quote:
It is known that sociopaths can thrive in high level positions.
It's also known that some people on the internet are murderers, but that's no reason to accuse you of such a crime.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 08:00 AM   #100
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
You say you have not presented a reasoning, and you're not saying anything other than that you find it 'odd', but in the same breath you insist on making parallels to cover-ups of child rape. I find that odd...

Make a point, or shut up.
Don't just point to strange paintings and say "I'm not saying they're definitely raping kids, but don't you think those paintings are odd?" as if it's supposed to mean anything.
Yeah, it's JAQing off, all over again. That's standard OP for CTs.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 08:01 AM   #101
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 19,871
Originally Posted by DragonLady View Post
I guess I entered this thread believing everyone was at least marginally aware of the allegations being made...but, maybe not.

I'll try to find some more specific information about the accusations, but it will be slow going because hurting.

ETA: I guess this is a good place to start: http://therightstuff.biz/2016/11/27/pizzagate-2/
We are. The allegations are completely unsupported by evidence.
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 08:02 AM   #102
marplots
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 29,167
So we've moved away from a pedophile pizza joint to art I'm not drunk enough to appreciate?

That's progress, I suppose.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 08:25 AM   #103
Tolls
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,384
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
IThe British Royal familyīs ancestors would torture prisoners in horrible gorey ways... just a few generations away from the current royals.
How few is "a few"?
Because I'm pretty sure that the royal family hasn't had a say in prisoner treatment for centuries, at the minimum prior to Germans taking over, and that's 300 years.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 08:56 AM   #104
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
I'm yet to see a "reasoning" explaining how "weirdness" means that "child abuse ring" is more likely in that place. You'll need that.

And don't hide behind accusations of being "attacked". If you post your opinions in the public sphere, expect them to be challenged, especially when they are nonsensical.



It's also known that some people on the internet are murderers, but that's no reason to accuse you of such a crime.
Itīs a CT, not a scientific hypothesis ... sheesh...

One has to look at it as a crime scene from a mystery novel... it might look like the butler did it, all "evidence" points at that... but perhaps there are clues that point to there being something sinister about the maid...why does she have a cross of Curavaca? and so on. Itīs more fun this way.

For those poor hipsters from the pizza restaurant... they are most certainly innocent, so I pity them. (Although it is kind of funny, they never thought they would get in so much trouble when they hosted those "edgy" shows and joked about their "kill room"... serves them right, in a way... )
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:05 AM   #105
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,737
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Itīs a CT, not a scientific hypothesis ... sheesh...

One has to look at it as a crime scene from a mystery novel... it might look like the butler did it, all "evidence" points at that... but perhaps there are clues that point to there being something sinister about the maid...why does she have a cross of Curavaca? and so on. Itīs more fun this way.

For those poor hipsters from the pizza restaurant... they are most certainly innocent, so I pity them. (Although it is kind of funny, they never thought they would get in so much trouble when they hosted those "edgy" shows and joked about their "kill room"... serves them right, in a way... )
Yes, people who tell silly jokes deserve to receive death threats by deranged people. They had it coming.
But making jokes about someone being a pedophile child trafficker is all in good fun, and should never reflect poorly on the conspiracy theorists.

Disgusting and hypocritical.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:11 AM   #106
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,950
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Itīs a CT, not a scientific hypothesis ... sheesh...
I see, so if we are dealing with the mating propensities of seahorses, or the interactions of muons, we need to think critically and be diligent and cautious, but if it's people's livelihoods and reputation, throw all caution to the wind, eh?
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:15 AM   #107
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Itīs a CT, not a scientific hypothesis ... sheesh...
It's a claim. Claims need to be supported.

Quote:
One has to look at it as a crime scene from a mystery novel...
No, I don't think I'll let you use fiction as some sort of evidence or reasoning.

Quote:
For those poor hipsters from the pizza restaurant... they are most certainly innocent, so I pity them.
Pity them for what?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:16 AM   #108
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
I see, so if we are dealing with the mating propensities of seahorses, or the interactions of muons, we need to think critically and be diligent and cautious, but if it's people's livelihoods and reputation, throw all caution to the wind, eh?
Of course we need to be cautious. You wouldn't want to discriminate against gay muons, right?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:16 AM   #109
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Yes, people who tell silly jokes deserve to receive death threats by deranged people. They had it coming.
But making jokes about someone being a pedophile child trafficker is all in good fun, and should never reflect poorly on the conspiracy theorists.

Disgusting and hypocritical.
Come on, I said "in a way"..

But seriously, they supposedly hosted shows such as "Heavy Breathing"

"the #1 Friend Link on the Comet Ping Pong site. It shows bestiality, witchcraft, blood rituals, satanism, skulls, and children with what I know are references to oral sex with adults: PEDOPHILIA!! It's right there linked to Comet Ping Pong in the link to "Heavy Breathing" site. (Heavy Breathing is a "band" and this band plays at the Comet Ping Pong.)"

So who was "making jokes about someone being a pedophile"?
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:18 AM   #110
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Itīs a CT, not a scientific hypothesis ... sheesh...

One has to look at it as a crime scene from a mystery novel... it might look like the butler did it, all "evidence" points at that... but perhaps there are clues that point to there being something sinister about the maid...why does she have a cross of Curavaca? and so on. Itīs more fun this way.

For those poor hipsters from the pizza restaurant... they are most certainly innocent, so I pity them. (Although it is kind of funny, they never thought they would get in so much trouble when they hosted those "edgy" shows and joked about their "kill room"... serves them right, in a way... )
This is why you fail. Proof is proof, evidence is evidence, citations are citations.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:26 AM   #111
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
I see, so if we are dealing with the mating propensities of seahorses, or the interactions of muons, we need to think critically and be diligent and cautious, but if it's people's livelihoods and reputation, throw all caution to the wind, eh?
No, itīs not that. I think the exact same method cannot apply to the study of straightforward natural processes and the study of conspiracies, which by their very nature will be hidden, obscured and made to look like something else.

And Iīm not like those posters in reddit asking for armed vigilantism or things like that, I just posted this here to see it dissected by some sceptics, hardly a damaging thing to do...
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:30 AM   #112
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
No, itīs not that. I think the exact same method cannot apply to the study of straightforward natural processes and the study of conspiracies, which by their very nature will be hidden, obscured and made to look like something else.
Cool, so then we can just make **** up about them at will, and no one can question them! Bwa ha ha ha ha!
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:39 AM   #113
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Cool, so then we can just make **** up about them at will, and no one can question them! Bwa ha ha ha ha!
Rule of so?

(I was taught that here )

No, we canīt make **** up but we have to assume the evidence is not laying there openly to be studied by clear unquestionable scientific methods. those methods wouldnīt have uncovered things that turned out to be true after all, such as the NSA eavesdropping... the existence of operation Gladius... and some others.
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:40 AM   #114
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Rule of so?
No, that's not what the rule of so means.

Quote:
(I was taught that here )
You learned wrong. I was drawing a conclusion from your premise, not attempting to rewrite your argument.

Quote:
No, we canīt make **** up but we have to assume the evidence is not laying there openly to be studied by clear unquestionable scientific methods.
In that case, the rational thing to do with to withhold judgment, not draw the conclusion that fits most our biases.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:50 AM   #115
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
No, that's not what the rule of so means.



You learned wrong. I was drawing a conclusion from your premise, not attempting to rewrite your argument.
Drawing a wrong conclusion that I didnīt imply, so yes. Rule of so.


Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
In that case, the rational thing to do with to withhold judgment, not draw the conclusion that fits most our biases.
What makes you think that I donīt withhold judgement? I just pointed at some odd things, never judged, never asserted anything. One can look at things and not have a definitive, assertive, final opinion about them, you know?

One can think in a way in which to assign a Truth value and a seriousness (severity) value to things. This CT would have like a 1% of possibility to be true, but a 90% of seriousness. Worth spending some time looking at it, not very likely to be true. The fact that itīs going to rain later on? 50% chance to be true, 5% severity (since I wonīt be going for a bike ride). So I wonīt even bother looking at the weather (rain) radar.

There can also be entertainment values of things of course. But that would be going too far off topic...

Last edited by Abooga; 29th November 2016 at 09:54 AM.
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:51 AM   #116
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,950
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Rule of so?

(I was taught that here )

No, we canīt make **** up but we have to assume the evidence is not laying there openly to be studied by clear unquestionable scientific methods. those methods wouldnīt have uncovered things that turned out to be true after all, such as the NSA eavesdropping... the existence of operation Gladius... and some others.
Not sure what you mean on NSA eavesdropping, need more specifics there. As far as Gladio, if that is what you are referring to, it was initially uncovered as part of a criminal investigation, not CT 'dot connecting'.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:54 AM   #117
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,950
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Drawing a wrong conclusion that I didnīt imply, so yes. Rule of so.



What makes you think that I donīt withhold judgement? I just pointed at some odd things, never judged, never asserted anything. One can look at things and not have a definitive, assertive, final opinion about them, you know?

One can think in a way in which to assign a Truth value and a seriousness (severity) value to things. This CT would have like a 1% of possibility to be true, but a 90% of seriousness. Worth spending some time looking at it, not very likely to be true.
I think you overestimate it's chances of being true. That said, .01 x .9 is .009, so something half as serious with a 50-50 chance outranks it at .225.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles

Last edited by LSSBB; 29th November 2016 at 09:55 AM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 09:55 AM   #118
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
Drawing a wrong conclusion that I didnīt imply, so yes. Rule of so.
I have now explained to you exactly how the rule of so differs from what I was doing. You have now no excuse to continue in your misrepresentation.

Quote:
What makes you think that I donīt withhold judgement?
Your posts in this thread, which obviously lean towards the conclusion that the accusation has merit based on:

Quote:
I just pointed at some odd things, never judged, never asserted anything.
There's nothing odd about them in the first place. You're cherry-picking data and 'connecting the dots'. You'll forgive me if I don't buy your attempt at denial.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 10:00 AM   #119
Abooga
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
It was blatantly Rule of So!

Sorry but I have to go now, Iīd love to continue but thatīs all for me for today. Laters!
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2016, 10:01 AM   #120
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 78,245
Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
It was blatantly Rule of So!
As I said: no excuse, and now deliberately dishonest.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.