ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Clinton conspiracies , Comet Pizza , John Podesta , pedophilia

Old 30th November 2016, 05:11 PM   #201
Nonpareil
The Terrible Trivium

Originally Posted by Spins View Post
Then as the Podesta emails started to get published someone on the Donald sub claimed that they'd uncovered some suspicious emails that could be construed as pedophilic code.
Treating /r/the_donald as a reliable information source about the Clintons isn't a good idea.

If you need a reason for that, read the subreddit name.
Old 30th November 2016, 05:13 PM   #202
mike81
Critical Thinker

OK here is the deal, either take it or leave it.

TBH I wasn't particularly impressed but then as people started to do a little digging that's when Tony's penchant for pedophilic art came out, for example people would visit his house and be quite taken aback that his bedroom basically had pictures of naked kids hanging on the wall.
Again, teenagers are not always kids. 18 and 19 year olds are teenagers but also adults by law.

I tried to find info on this claim. All I could find was something saying that some visitors to his house saw some artwork by someone who supposedly takes pictures of naked teenagers. Nowhere did I see that those teenagers are kids or that the art work this guy had on his wall was of kids.

Last edited by mike81; 30th November 2016 at 05:18 PM.
mike81 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2016, 05:15 PM   #203
RussDill
Philosopher

Tony's penchant for pedophilic art came out, for example people would visit his house and be quite taken aback that his bedroom basically had pictures of naked kids hanging on the wall.
....and you still haven't posted a link that shows he has a penchant for pedophilic art, much less what the subjects of the art is.
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2016, 05:21 PM   #204
mike81
Critical Thinker

Spins, would it be wrong or creepy for this Led Zeppelin album cover be hanging on someone's wall?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...bc2220c248.jpg

Last edited by mike81; 30th November 2016 at 05:23 PM.
mike81 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2016, 05:30 PM   #205
Spins
Muse

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
....and you still haven't posted a link that shows he has a penchant for pedophilic art, much less what the subjects of the art is.

TBH I thought it was a Guardian article but I can't find it, this one mentions the artwork...

https://archive.fo/vddrO

Quote:
"At political events, there's an inevitable awkwardness," former Clinton administration official Sally Katzen said at a Women's Campaign Fund dinner at the Podestas' home this summer. "The art is an ice-breaker. It puts people at ease."

Not always. Folks attending a house tour in the Lake Barcroft neighborhood in Falls Church earlier this year got an eyeful when they walked into a bedroom at the Podesta residence hung with multiple color pictures by Katy Grannan, a photographer known for documentary-style pictures of naked teenagers in their parents' suburban homes.

"They were horrified," Heather recalls, a grin spreading across her face.
Old 30th November 2016, 05:35 PM   #206
mike81
Critical Thinker

TBH I thought it was a Guardian article but I can't find it, this one mentions the artwork...

https://archive.fo/vddrO
Nowhere does it say anything about the pictures being of kids.
Old 30th November 2016, 05:40 PM   #207
Spins
Muse

Originally Posted by mike81 View Post
Spins, would it be wrong or creepy for this Led Zeppelin album cover be hanging on someone's wall?

Nope, but I tried to explain my thinking before, I'm not trying to convince anyone of massive wrong doing it's all just a hunch. Jimmy Savile successfully managed to abuse at least 500 people (predominantly kids) before his death and still managed to pull off a knighthood. If you asked the average person in the street prior to his death if he was a pedo they'd have probably laughed, but many people at the BBC new about the rumors and nothing ever happened. Same here, people in positions of power using their influence to evade capture.
Old 30th November 2016, 05:44 PM   #208
Spins
Muse

Nowhere does it say anything about the pictures being of kids.

OK either way they were taken aback. One of his other favorite artists is Biljana Djurdjevic...

https://img1.steemit.com/0x0/https:/....mg/dBY95x.jpg
Old 30th November 2016, 05:59 PM   #209
RussDill
Philosopher

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...23_634x658.jpg
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2016, 06:21 PM   #210
Cavemonster
Philosopher

OK either way they were taken aback. One of his other favorite artists is Biljana Djurdjevic...

https://img1.steemit.com/0x0/https:/....mg/dBY95x.jpg
How about if I give you everything that's even possibly insinuated?

Let's assume these paintings were in Tony's possession (Probably, not, these are simply a collection of images from an artist he has some work of, images cherry picked to lead to a conclusion. Djurduevic also paints adult, middle aged and elderly people in similar awkward poses.)

Let's assume that possession of these paintings is a good reason to think something sinister about Tony Podesta. (It isn't, he had in his collection over 700 contemporary pieces including Olafur Eliasson, Gillian Wearing, Loris Cecchini and on and on)

How in the hell do you get from "This Tony guy looks sketchy" to "A pizza place his brother had some parties at is a pedophile ring"

Seriously, what are the intermediate steps?
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2016, 06:58 PM   #211
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
snipped...

How in the hell do you get from "This Tony guy looks sketchy" to "A pizza place his brother had some parties at is a pedophile ring"

Seriously, what are the intermediate steps
?
No need for facts - it's faith based character assassination, no different than birthers or secret muslim traitor/homosexual conspiracy theory advocates on President Obama.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2016, 07:19 PM   #212
jakesteele
Fait Accompli

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
More info at Snopes.

People are idiots. People who manufacture fake news stories. People who believe them, who do no research on them, and who pass them along indiscriminately. People... just people.

Fred
Sounds like the LibDicker media that did everything in its pathetic power to get Shillary elected.

There really was a man from Nantucket
jakesteele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2016, 08:14 PM   #213
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Nope, but I tried to explain my thinking before, I'm not trying to convince anyone of massive wrong doing it's all just a hunch. Jimmy Savile successfully managed to abuse at least 500 people (predominantly kids) before his death and still managed to pull off a knighthood. If you asked the average person in the street prior to his death if he was a pedo they'd have probably laughed, but many people at the BBC new about the rumors and nothing ever happened. Same here, people in positions of power using their influence to evade capture.
Somewhere, somebody did something sorta like what you are guessing someone did is never evidence they did it, or that your line of reasoning is correct. How many pizza parlors did Jimmy Savile make use of that had funny looking paintings and your occasional antler? Yeah, I file this one under Birther, Sandy Hook, Truther and Apollohoax, CTs that self-perpetuate due to the collective inability to admit error combined with selective reinforcement.
Old 30th November 2016, 08:45 PM   #214
Axxman300
Illuminator

And this is why you and others are doing more harm than good.

Jimmy Savile is an example of a real predator, and as you said many at BBC knew of his evils. Nobody knows anything about a pedo-ring run out of this pizza parlor - nobody. By spreading lies you and people like you make it easy for the real bad guys to continue to get away with their operations when you needlessly cry wolf.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2016, 10:10 PM   #215
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

"Houses of the Holy", loved it when I bought it in the mid 1970s
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 01:24 AM   #216
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

If someone would devise a conspiracy theory about you based on what you post online, what would you do?
If someone would call you a child murdering rapist based on a 'hunch' about a painting on your brother's wall, how would you react?

I assume that at the very least you'd ask them to prove it, but more likely you'd feel victimized, get angry at people who would callously make things up and get scared because of all of the death threats you're suddenly receiving.
Why is it OK for you to do this to a stranger, if it's not OK for them to do it to you?
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 02:15 AM   #217
Abooga
Muse

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
If someone would devise a conspiracy theory about you based on what you post online, what would you do?
If someone would call you a child murdering rapist based on a 'hunch' about a painting on your brother's wall, how would you react?

I assume that at the very least you'd ask them to prove it, but more likely you'd feel victimized, get angry at people who would callously make things up and get scared because of all of the death threats you're suddenly receiving.
Why is it OK for you to do this to a stranger, if it's not OK for them to do it to you?
You should distinguish between nutters on reddit who are convinced this CT is real and call for vigilante actions, or trolls who create false evidence, or hackers who publish peopleīs personal photos etc. and us, who just point at some of the already published material in this skeptics forum and just want to see how it gets debunked. Completely different. If there were a CT about me Iīd publish it here myself, because I consider this forum to be quite sane and level-headed (on average) and good for debunking stuff.

Last edited by Abooga; 1st December 2016 at 02:17 AM.
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 02:25 AM   #218
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Abooga View Post
You should distinguish between nutters on reddit who are convinced this CT is real and call for vigilante actions, or trolls who create false evidence, or hackers who publish peopleīs personal photos etc. and us, who just point at some of the already published material in this skeptics forum and just want to see how it gets debunked. Completely different. If there were a CT about me Iīd publish it here myself, because I consider this forum to be quite sane and level-headed (on average) and good for debunking stuff.
I don't understand how you don't see that there's nothing to debunk.
Look at it. All you've posted is Instagram pictures from a restaurant and pictures of paintings that are either owned by the restaurant, or the brother of one of the customers of the restaurant, or not even that, but just made by the same artist.
And every time people ask you what this is suppposed to mean you deny responsibility for your own posts, saying that you're only asking questions, but didn't come up with the ct, so you don;t have to defend anything.

You are not asking any questions. You are posting pictures, claiming they are somehow 'not normal' and link them to a conspiracy theory about a murderous child raping gang operating a pizza parlor.

If you can't see your insinuations mean nothing, and you are unwilling to actually claim what you think they prove, there is nothing anyone can do.

If you could explain how you think owning art you don't like is evidence of a criminal conspiracy, then maybe there'd be something to debunk.
At the moment, you're just slinging mud and denying responsibility, before slinging some more and wondering how all the mud got there.
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 02:42 AM   #219
Tolls
Illuminator

If you asked the average person in the street prior to <Jimmy Savile's> death if he was a pedo they'd have probably laughed, ...
Rubbish.
He was always considered "odd"...it was a joke at school when I was a kid for crying out loud.
No one was actually surprised.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 02:48 AM   #220
Abooga
Muse

I don't understand how you don't see that there's nothing to debunk.
Look at it. All you've posted is Instagram pictures from a restaurant and pictures of paintings that are either owned by the restaurant, or the brother of one of the customers of the restaurant, or not even that, but just made by the same artist.
And every time people ask you what this is suppposed to mean you deny responsibility for your own posts, saying that you're only asking questions, but didn't come up with the ct, so you don;t have to defend anything.

You are not asking any questions. You are posting pictures, claiming they are somehow 'not normal' and link them to a conspiracy theory about a murderous child raping gang operating a pizza parlor.

If you can't see your insinuations mean nothing, and you are unwilling to actually claim what you think they prove, there is nothing anyone can do.

If you could explain how you think owning art you don't like is evidence of a criminal conspiracy, then maybe there'd be something to debunk.
At the moment, you're just slinging mud and denying responsibility, before slinging some more and wondering how all the mud got there.
Nope. I posted a link to a website (I think it was this https://dcpizzagate.wordpress.com/) and then extracted a couple of pics from it to elicit some discussion in this thread that was created by someone else around the same issue. Iīm not he one linking them to a conspiracy, that website (and many symilar other sites) do. Iīm not slinging mud, I just point at some of the already slung mud. Just like this thead does.
Abooga is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 02:56 AM   #221
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Nope. I posted a link to a website (I think it was this https://dcpizzagate.wordpress.com/) and then extracted a couple of pics from it to elicit some discussion in this thread that was created by someone else around the same issue. Iīm not he one linking them to a conspiracy, that website (and many symilar other sites) do. Iīm not slinging mud, I just point at some of the already slung mud. Just like this thead does.
Linking to pictures repeatedly and asking 'aren't they strange?' isn't discussing anything.
If you really wanted to discuss anything, you'd say what you think those pictures mean. As long as you provide no input, there is only one thing to say:

Accusing a person of raping, selling and murdering children because you think their taste in paintings is unusual is nothing more than a witch hunt.
If you have nothing to say about these images and nothing to add or ask, there is nothing to discuss.
Old 1st December 2016, 06:00 AM   #222
eerok
Quixoticist

It appears that Reddit wants to clean up its act:

https://politics.slashdot.org/story/...of-toxic-users

Quote:
Last week, Reddit banned Pizzagate, a community devoted to a conspiracy theory, with no evidence to back it up, that links Clinton to a pedophile ring at a Washington, D.C. pizza parlor, after it posted personal information in violation of Reddit policy.
Old 1st December 2016, 06:07 AM   #223
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
It appears that Reddit wants to clean up its act:

https://politics.slashdot.org/story/...of-toxic-users
They didn't clean up. The conspiracy got to them!

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 07:24 AM   #224
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Of course you are slinging mud, it just happens to be mud that you picked up after someone else slung it.
You haven't offered much of any personal opinion on it but what you have offered indicates sympathy for the opinions on such sites rather than disgust at it being the false news, uneducated, untrained, speculation that it is.

You ARE part of the problem.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 07:36 AM   #225
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Is that a joke?

Anyway, look what I found. Weird, innit?

https://twitter.com/AndrewBreitbart/...36278100561920
http://i63.tinypic.com/2qvtjx4.png
There seems to be something "horrifying" in their bedroom walls:

"Folks attending a house tour in the Lake Barcroft neighborhood in Falls Church earlier this year got an eyeful when they walked into a bedroom at the Podesta residence hung with multiple color pictures by Katy Grannan, a photographer known for documentary-style pictures of naked teenagers in their parents' suburban homes.
"They were horrified," Heather recalls, a grin spreading across her face."

You donīt seem to understant CT-s. You can draw any conclusions you want. Just pointing our that something is weird is rather meaningles. And if you tell me that I just did that, in my earlier post about Breitbartīs tweet, I think in that case the conclusion, or the context is quite obvious, isnīt it?
Quote:
You should distinguish between nutters on reddit who are convinced this CT is real and call for vigilante actions, or trolls who create false evidence, or hackers who publish peopleīs personal photos etc. and us, who just point at some of the already published material in this skeptics forum and just want to see how it gets debunked. Completely different.
Really? In the above, point out where you asked for how this is debunked.
Old 1st December 2016, 07:37 AM   #226
Belz...
Fiend God

Weird, isn't it?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 07:38 AM   #227
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
They didn't clean up. The conspiracy got to them!
It was intrepid debunker Abooga, or those like him, that drew attention of the MIB to the egregious nature of the whistleblowers on redditt.
Old 1st December 2016, 07:39 AM   #228
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Weird, isn't it?
Old 1st December 2016, 07:48 AM   #229
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by jakesteele View Post
Sounds like the LibDicker media that did everything in its pathetic power to get Shillary elected.
No no actual response then?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 07:51 AM   #230
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Tolls View Post
Rubbish.
He was always considered "odd"...it was a joke at school when I was a kid for crying out loud.
No one was actually surprised.
Certainly no-one who knew him or had worked with him. Hell Val McDermid based Wire in the Blood on him.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2016, 08:07 AM   #231
Abooga
Muse

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Really? In the above, point out where you asked for how this is debunked.
No need to ask, it comes as a standard, in this forum. If I wanted support from conspiracy theorists Iīd post in burbuja.info, for example (a Spanish forum very fond of CT-s. Quite entertaining.)
Old 1st December 2016, 08:09 AM   #232
Abooga
Muse

It was intrepid debunker Abooga, or those like him, that drew attention of the MIB to the egregious nature of the whistleblowers on redditt.
I never posted on reddit, I only brought some of redditīs material to the pizzagate thread in this forum. To see if anyome had anything interesting to say about it. It was all quite predictable, however.
Old 1st December 2016, 08:09 AM   #233
Belz...
Fiend God

No need to ask, it comes as a standard, in this forum.
No it doesn't. The reaction comes normally, but not the request. You think bigfooters coming here are asking for us to debunk their nonsense? No, they're here to preach.

Old 1st December 2016, 08:11 AM   #234
Abooga
Muse

Of course you are slinging mud, it just happens to be mud that you picked up after someone else slung it.
You haven't offered much of any personal opinion on it but what you have offered indicates sympathy for the opinions on such sites rather than disgust at it being the false news, uneducated, untrained, speculation that it is.

You ARE part of the problem.
No.
Old 1st December 2016, 08:13 AM   #235
Abooga
Muse

No it doesn't. The reaction comes normally, but not the request. You think bigfooters coming here are asking for us to debunk their nonsense? No, they're here to preach.
Well, Iīm not.

I get this a lot in this forum, Iīm not a believer in woo, but people often assume I am because Iīm not vociferously attacking it all the time. Oh well...
Old 1st December 2016, 08:14 AM   #236
Belz...
Fiend God

No.
"No. I'm posting baseless accusations and pictures, calling them 'weird' and implying that something shady is going on, but I'm in no way contributing to the baseless accuation itself."

Right, sure. Whatever.

Old 1st December 2016, 08:17 AM   #237
Abooga
Muse

"No. I'm posting baseless accusations and pictures, calling them 'weird' and implying that something shady is going on, but I'm in no way contributing to the baseless accuation itself."

Right, sure. Whatever.
Let me remind you that I didnīt accuse anyone of anything. Some of you infer it but thatīs just that, assumptions.

But letīs not get sidetracked by talking about me. Letīs see if anything new comes up about pizzagate...
Old 1st December 2016, 08:19 AM   #238
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

I never posted on reddit, I only brought some of redditīs material to the pizzagate thread in this forum. To see if anyome had anything interesting to say about it. It was all quite predictable, however.
"Here is a picture of a painting, weird, isn't it?"
"Not really, and why are you linking to a site that accuses the owner of this painting of rape?"
"Don't ask me, I'm just wondering if you can debunk this."
"Debunk what? It's a painting."
"Don't ask me, I'm just curious. Here is another painting, weird, isn't it?"
"Still not weird. Are you accusing the owner of this painting of raping kids and hiding clues in his restaurant, like the people on the site you're linking to are doing?"
"Stop attacking me. Here is another painting, isn't it suspicious?"
"What in the seven hells is suspicious about it?"
"Don't ask me, I'm just posting the link. your replies are very predictable, I'm disappointed nobody is debunking this."

Either post something concrete, or stop sending us random context free links to a smear campaign if you're not going to discuss it.
Old 1st December 2016, 08:23 AM   #239
Abooga
Muse

"Here is a picture of a painting, weird, isn't it?"
"Not really, and why are you linking to a site that accuses the owner of this painting of rape?"
"Don't ask me, I'm just wondering if you can debunk this."
"Debunk what? It's a painting."
"Don't ask me, I'm just curious. Here is another painting, weird, isn't it?"
"Still not weird. Are you accusing the owner of this painting of raping kids and hiding clues in his restaurant, like the people on the site you're linking to are doing?"
"Stop attacking me. Here is another painting, isn't it suspicious?"
"What in the seven hells is suspicious about it?"
"Don't ask me, I'm just posting the link. your replies are very predictable, I'm disappointed nobody is debunking this."

Either post something concrete, or stop sending us random context free links to a smear campaign if you're not going to discuss it.
LOL

It sounds quite funny now that you put it that way

But as I said, thatīs enough about talking about me. Iīll try to present things in a more "discussion-shaped" and formal way next time.
Old 1st December 2016, 08:26 AM   #240
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post

Seriously, what are the intermediate steps?
I'm assuming you must have missed the part about the yellow necklace. That pretty much sealed the deal for me.

At least as far as my opinion of someone who has a deep knowledge of deviant sexual activities and outsider art almost on par with our cataclysmic simian friend, but with obvious overtones of shame and self loathing that are a bit off putting.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories