ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 18th December 2018, 12:55 PM   #1
Imadeyouthink
Student

Talking So apparently power plants are fake and electric dams

As the title implies but myself I don't believe it that all power plants including electric dams are fake and that they collect the power from the atmosphere.

https://youtu.be/gkp8iGz_ZgM
Imadeyouthink is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2018, 03:06 PM   #2
bknight
Graduate Poster

What a buffoon.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2018, 01:39 AM   #3
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
The Tesla tower he makes such a big deal out of isn't even finished yet.
What a clown.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/39226772/s...gh-tech-future
Old 19th December 2018, 01:39 AM   #4
Hungry81
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Imadeyouthink View Post
As the title implies but myself I don't believe it that all power plants including electric dams are fake and that they collect the power from the atmosphere.

Ok.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2018, 06:44 AM   #5
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Just keep smiling and back away slowly...
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2018, 08:35 AM   #6
rambaldi
Thinker

all power plants including electric dams are fake and that they collect the power from the atmosphere.
Oh boy... I'm not even willing to contribe to that "persons" funding by watching that nonsense...
rambaldi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2018, 07:20 PM   #7
8enotto
Critical Thinker

He can prove the turbines and generators were installed just as cover for the real secret source?

Seems a huge waste of money to hide s century old 'secret'.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2018, 12:59 AM   #8
Axxman300
Illuminator

Does this mean that Norway is fake?

I always suspected this to be the case. The Nazi's invented Norway to hide the Tirpitz, and I guess things got out of control.

What? Norway is real.

Mind blown.
Old 20th December 2018, 02:10 AM   #9
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Of course Norway is real. It's some of Slartibartfast's best work.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2018, 05:13 AM   #10
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

There are people out there that think jet aircraft don't need fuel. They run on ckmpressed sir, the fuel you see being put aboard is a hoax.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2018, 05:19 AM   #11
HSienzant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
There are people out there that think jet aircraft don't need fuel. They run on ckmpressed sir, the fuel you see being put aboard is a hoax.
What runs the air compressors?

Hank

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2018, 05:21 AM   #12
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
What runs the air compressors?

Hank
Compressed air, obviously.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2018, 07:07 AM   #13
HSienzant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Compressed air, obviously.

Dave
I can see where this is going.

It's turtles compressed air all the way down.

Hank

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2018, 07:08 AM   #14
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

A jet engine is just a perpetual motion machine. Until you add the fuel.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2018, 08:16 AM   #15
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

It's all tied up with the earth being flat.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2018, 10:20 PM   #16
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Dave
Hurry up or you will be late.
Old 23rd December 2018, 09:03 AM   #17
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I made it about two minutes in before I couldn't take any more. Tesla! TESLA!! THE GRID!!! I continue to be amazed at the number of complete idiots who can use a computer.
Except for hydroelectric plants of course, they DO get power from the air.
It falls as rain.
Old 23rd December 2018, 11:04 AM   #18
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm curious about your use of the word "all".
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2018, 09:32 AM   #19
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I made it about two minutes in before I couldn't take any more. Tesla! TESLA!! THE GRID!!! I continue to be amazed at the number of complete idiots who can use a computer.
Except for hydroelectric plants of course, they DO get power from the air.
It falls as rain.
Yes, but is a round about way.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2018, 11:08 AM   #20
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I proved the electricity is fake years ago. Electronics work on magic blue smoke and I can prove it. If you break a piece of electronics to the point that the magic blue smoke gets out, they won't work anymore.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2018, 05:34 PM   #21
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I proved the electricity is fake years ago. Electronics work on magic blue smoke and I can prove it. If you break a piece of electronics to the point that the magic blue smoke gets out, they won't work anymore.
This logic is about as good, if not better, than a the logic in a lot of crazy ideas.
Old 27th December 2018, 11:20 AM   #22
bknight
Graduate Poster

What a load of BS.
Old 27th December 2018, 11:32 AM   #23
HSienzant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
What a load of BS.
I think you missed the sarcasm figuratively dripping from the prior post.

It's true, I guess, that once the sarcasm reaches a certain level, you can't distinguish it from conspiracy theories advanced by people who actually believe the woo.

Hank

- Manifesto
Old 27th December 2018, 12:16 PM   #24
Myles
Scholar

Dave

Now you got me pining for the fjords.
Myles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2018, 12:25 PM   #25
Axxman300
Illuminator

If you've never gotten Blue Smoke from an electrical device you've probably never been broke enough that you plugged something in that had no business being turned on that one last time.
Old 27th December 2018, 12:43 PM   #26
bknight
Graduate Poster

It's true, I guess, that once the sarcasm reaches a certain level, you can't distinguish it from conspiracy theories advanced by people who actually believe the woo.

Hank
Mine was the prior post and had no sarcasm implied, so no I still didn't get it.

Reading it after your post I can see the sarcasm, but not dripping.
Old 27th December 2018, 04:16 PM   #27
MEequalsIxR
Thinker

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
[snip] the fuel you see being put aboard is a hoax.
The fuel is the chemicals for the contrails.
MEequalsIxR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2018, 10:27 PM   #28
Axxman300
Illuminator

The blue smoke is real:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-ca...alflow_twitter
Old 28th December 2018, 04:08 AM   #29
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

I can see where this is going.

It's turtles compressed air all the way down.

Hank
Haha.
I salute you.

I often ponder the question: how much does one need to know in other to be called culturally literate.

After reading this thread, I can now see that here at the International Skeptics Forum, the answer is a lot.
Old 28th December 2018, 07:34 AM   #30
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...

Hank
So...

...sufficiently advanced conspiracy theory is indistinguishable from sarcasm?

Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2018, 08:12 AM   #31
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
So...

...sufficiently advanced conspiracy theory is indistinguishable from sarcasm?

See.
That’s what I am talking about.
Old 28th December 2018, 10:29 AM   #32
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Saw a bit of it. It's nonsense, of course, but it struck me that all these silly videos about crazy ideas are recorded by what sounds as exactly the same voice.

Is there someone out there just pulling our legs (or being unbelievably gullible)?

Hans
Old 28th December 2018, 10:36 AM   #33
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Or is just a computer, or a paid narrator.
Old 28th December 2018, 11:15 AM   #34
The Moog
Thinker

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Saw a bit of it. It's nonsense, of course, but it struck me that all these silly videos about crazy ideas are recorded by what sounds as exactly the same voice.

Is there someone out there just pulling our legs (or being unbelievably gullible)?

Hans
They seem to recycle footage endlessly from each other.
Its cheaper and easier than doing anything yourself, and you need a lot of hits to bring in the money.
I don't doubt that most of them don't believe any of this garbage, but its cheep and easy to produce and there are a lot of people out there dumb enough to swallow it.
The Moog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2018, 03:40 PM   #35
Humots
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
What a load of BS.

Hank
I think you missed bknight's rather clever Blue Smoke play on words.
Humots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2019, 12:51 PM   #36
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories