IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 18th August 2017, 11:03 AM   #161
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Up next....

Donald J Trump himself.
If only. Until then we'll throw these deck chairs off the Titanic.
Old 18th August 2017, 11:12 AM   #162
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I was certain that Bannon would be one of the last to go.

But now it's obvious that Kelly will be next.
Old 18th August 2017, 11:29 AM   #163
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
But now it's obvious that Kelly will be next.
Yeah. Resigning, not firing. He won't put up with another off-script rant like we got this week.

When is congress going to be back in session? Increased calls to impeach Trump is the next big drama piece I'd predict. Will it be soon, or are we going to have some filler episodes first?
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2017, 12:14 PM   #164
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by portlandatheist View Post
All this crisis, chaos, drama, and back stabbing really keeps you at the edge of your seat. All the good qualities of great reality TV.

And winning. Don't forget winning.

Lots and lots of winning.

How long can they keep that up?

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2017, 12:17 PM   #165
Biscuit
Philosopher

I was certain Bannon would one of the last rats to abandon ship. Rumor has it he is heading back to brietbart and declaring war on the new "democrat" White House.
Old 18th August 2017, 12:18 PM   #166
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
Well, shoot. I had my marker on Sessions. He's got some real durability for a racist leprechaun.

Who else is left, aside from the members of his own household? At this point the Trump administration seems to be run by interns and interested passers-by.

Only partly in jest ...

I wonder if someone could get into the White House by going up to the gate and saying, "Hi there. I'm the new Secretary of <mumble mumble>. Donald wants to see me ASAP."

As fast as things are changing and as obscure as some of the players are becoming it might sound plausible enough to work.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2017, 12:34 PM   #167
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
... "Hi there. I'm the new Secretary of <mumble mumble>. Donald wants to see me ASAP." ...
To come across credibly, you have to be super arrogant, uninterested and condescending towards all of the ordinary WH staff, for they are all liberal career swamp things eating the raw flesh of America.
Old 18th August 2017, 12:58 PM   #168
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

...now it's obvious that Kelly will be next.

Wait, how is that obvious? His job just got easier.
Old 18th August 2017, 03:52 PM   #169
Garrison
Philosopher

Only partly in jest ...

I wonder if someone could get into the White House by going up to the gate and saying, "Hi there. I'm the new Secretary of <mumble mumble>. Donald wants to see me ASAP."

As fast as things are changing and as obscure as some of the players are becoming it might sound plausible enough to work.
No they would never believe that Trump had filled one of the vast number of empty government posts still empty. Go with 'Special Advisor'.
Old 18th August 2017, 05:06 PM   #170
NoahFence
Banned

I'm changing my next guess to Gorka
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2017, 05:15 PM   #171
sir drinks-a-lot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot
If I had to guess, I'd say it would be Bannon.
...and we have a winner!
Old 18th August 2017, 05:16 PM   #172
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

I'm going to guess he turns to all out war with the GOP and fires Sessions in a redux of the Saturday Night Massacre.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2017, 05:26 PM   #173
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
I'm going to guess he turns to all out war with the GOP and fires Sessions in a redux of the Saturday Night Massacre.
Could be!

If it is true that the departure of Bannon was amiable and a move to free him to play attack dog on the outside, then the plan probably includes strengthening the position of the other dogs, Miller and Gorka, to the detriment of the "establishment". Sessions, McMaster.

BUT: Would Kelly be in on such a scheme, and go along?
Old 18th August 2017, 06:23 PM   #174
Biscuit
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Could be!

If it is true that the departure of Bannon was amiable and a move to free him to play attack dog on the outside, then the plan probably includes strengthening the position of the other dogs, Miller and Gorka, to the detriment of the "establishment". Sessions, McMaster.

BUT: Would Kelly be in on such a scheme, and go along?
If the departure was amiable I don't think Bannon would have given the "off the record interview" and trashed the North Korea strategy and the ethno nationalists as he said.
Old 18th August 2017, 06:59 PM   #175
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

CNN's Jim Acosta is reporting that Gorka is on thin ice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/oliverdar...87491036893186

Presumably Mango Mussolini has gotten tired of being asked, "What does he do here?"
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2017, 07:02 PM   #176
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
If the departure was amiable I don't think Bannon would have given the "off the record interview" and trashed the North Korea strategy and the ethno nationalists as he said.

I don't think it was amiable because he said that.

There's only two locations on the Trump train. In line and under the wheels.

Bannon didn't stick with the line.

Old 18th August 2017, 09:06 PM   #177
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
He might be in danger because white nationalists are on the march. Kelly may see Bannon as a cheap and easy sacrificial lamb to throw to those in The Hair's own party who see the response to the Nazi rioting as too weak. That, and Bannon couldn't protect his own people on the NSC from McMaster. The Hair also didn't even bother to give a cursory nod of support when "The Mooch" said Bannon was there to "suck his own cock". Sessions and McMaster have strong allies who have rallied around them when The Hair targeted them. Where are the "there will be holy hell to pay" sound bites about Bannon?
Oh hell yeah. That's it; pay up bitches!
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2017, 09:10 PM   #178
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

CNN's Jim Acosta is reporting that Gorka is on thin ice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/oliverdar...87491036893186

Presumably Mango Mussolini has gotten tired of being asked, "What does he do here?"
Bannon and Trump were about the only supporters Gorka had. Even the other Bannonites in the White House thought he was an idiot. Rumor has it they tried to get his kicked upstairs to another agency within the State or Defense Department,where he would do less harm, but no other agency wanted him. Apparrenlly every other Intelligence expert had nothing but contempt for him.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2017, 10:25 PM   #179
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Wait, how is that obvious? His job just got easier.
Because when things don't work out for Trump, he seeks the fault in the people around him. At the beginning the White House was a target-rich environment, but now there are only a few left, and many of them are family.

Kelly having gotten his way makes him a threat, not an asset in Trump's mind.
Old 19th August 2017, 01:38 AM   #180
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

The media has got to come up with a catchy name for the current events, like "The Summer Scourge". (OK, not so catchy).
Old 19th August 2017, 02:01 AM   #181
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
The media has got to come up with a catchy name for the current events, like "The Summer Scourge". (OK, not so catchy).
What's wrong with ***************?

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2017, 02:03 AM   #182
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Bannon and Trump were about the only supporters Gorka had. Even the other Bannonites in the White House thought he was an idiot. Rumor has it they tried to get his kicked upstairs to another agency within the State or Defense Department,where he would do less harm, but no other agency wanted him. Apparrenlly every other Intelligence expert had nothing but contempt for him.
FTFY.

One of the many issues with Gorka is that he has no Intelligence expertise whatsoever, he just blagged himself into post by saying things that President Trump wanted to hear.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2017, 02:52 AM   #183
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I think Gorka will be out by the end of the weekend. What's left of the crew Flynn brought in at the NSC will follow shortly there after.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2017, 03:58 AM   #184
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think it was amiable because he said that.

There's only two locations on the Trump train. In line and under the wheels.

Bannon didn't stick with the line.
What line?!?
No one ever accused Trump of having a line!
Old 19th August 2017, 04:01 AM   #185
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Not a good name. The "summer" part I mean. This will seamlessly blend into fall scourge, winter scourge...
Old 19th August 2017, 04:01 AM   #186
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
What line?!?
No one ever accused Trump of having a line!
Yes he does, "Trump is the best"

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2017, 04:03 AM   #187
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

This.

I may have been wrong to think that Kelly would be gone soon. But go he will.
I think what's keeping him is that Trump has no one to fire Kelly for him - and we all know by now that Trump is too chicken to face anyone and say dircetly "you're fired".
Old 19th August 2017, 01:00 PM   #188
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

At the beginning the White House was a target-rich environment, but now there are only a few left, and many of them are family.
A point ably demonstrated here:
https://twitter.com/darth/status/898647839273766912

Old 19th August 2017, 03:40 PM   #189
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
The Trump-ette of Doom?
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2017, 03:48 PM   #190
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Because when things don't work out for Trump, he seeks the fault in the people around him. At the beginning the White House was a target-rich environment, but now there are only a few left, and many of them are family.

Ah, so you are basing it on Trump's need for attention, whilst d4m10n was merely basing it on the rational thing to do?

You make a convincing case.

Old 19th August 2017, 08:07 PM   #191
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

Moving my chips to Stephen Miller.

Don't think he has allies left.
Old 19th August 2017, 08:24 PM   #192
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Do you sincerely believe the world is more likely to become a better place with Bannon in the White House instead of the hospital?
Monster.
Old 19th August 2017, 08:33 PM   #193
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

Evasion noted.
Old 21st August 2017, 10:41 AM   #194
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Gorka is the very heavy favorite for the next to go. Bannon was about the only supporter aside from Trump he had in the White House. Even the other members of the Nationalist wing thought he was an idiot.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 09:15 AM   #195
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

I'd've expected Miller or Gorka to be out by now. Moving my chips to Gary Cohn . . .

https://t.co/8UaKdv0T9F
Old 25th August 2017, 05:21 PM   #196
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

I'd've expected Miller or Gorka to be out by now. Moving my chips to Gary Cohn . . .

https://t.co/8UaKdv0T9F
The Federalist is reporting that Seb Gorka has resigned.
Old 25th August 2017, 05:25 PM   #197
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

DAMN IT ALL
Old 25th August 2017, 05:43 PM   #198
NoahFence
Banned

2 for 2! (I changed my guess... does it stand? )
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 05:52 PM   #199
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I think Gorka will be out by the end of the weekend. What's left of the crew Flynn brought in at the NSC will follow shortly there after.
So, not by the end of the weekend but the hack is still out.
Old 25th August 2017, 05:52 PM   #200
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Has anyone explained what, exactly, Gorka did in the White House beside TV hits? Was his role just to say stupid things that stroke President Goldfish's ego?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics