IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd February 2005, 05:06 PM   #81
Donks

Quote:
Originally posted by 1inChrist
Why do you people do this? You refuse to answer the question.

LET'S ASSUME GOD PROVED HIMSELF TO BE REAL!

And yes, I mean the Christian God. HE IS THE ONLY GOD! Now stop playing this game with me and answer truthfully. He is the God I believe in and I believe in Him because He has proved Himself to be real.

I feel so bad for those who's answer was that they would join Satan's army and fight a losing battle against God.
You really are a one trick pony. god is impotent, and so is satan. Give it a rest already.
Donks is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2005, 05:07 PM   #82
Atlas
Master Poster

Quote:
What would ACTUALLY prove it. How would we know it wasn't a space alien.

If you're right there will be a rapture and you'll find out whether atheists change or whether you're recognized as a Christian.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. - (Benford's law of controversy)
Atlas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2005, 05:07 PM   #83
Piscivore
Smelling fishy

Quote:
LET"S ASSUME CTHULHU PROVED HIMSELF TO BE REAL!

Are you going to flee in terror at his awakening and die slowly and painfully, or willingly sacrifice yourself to appease his insatiable hunger, thus guaranteeing yourself a quick and merciful death?

This is fun. Can we do Dagon next? Or Sauron?

"...untrustworthy obnoxious twerp." - CFLarsen
Piscivore is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2005, 05:49 PM   #84
Elind
Philosopher

Quote:
If your answer was that you would still follow Satan, when you die God is going to say theses words to you: ''You get your wish''.
No I didn't say "I would follow Satan", which is difficult enough anyway since I don't believe in either, but the point is that the god you, and many, describe is really not much different. He is vain, jealous, revengefull, sadistic and very much like a human. The only difference between his nasty deeds (like Tsunamis or Saddam Hussein) and Satan's is that people like you make excuses for one but not the other.

None of those you chastize and condemn to hell here would believe in or follow your god because they would at best think it was a more advanced nasty alien masquerading as a god, to keep you believers in line, and probably to tell you to dispose of the rest of us unbelievers, on His behalf of course.

To answer your question more simply; IF there was something that even sorry atheists like me would acknowledge as being the creator and scriptwriter of this universe, then I cannot possibly believe that it would be anything remotely like what you describe.

Try to comprehend that this is NOT an attack on God, it is an attack on YOUR imagination.
Elind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2005, 06:13 PM   #85
Piscivore
Smelling fishy

Quote:
Originally posted by Elind
...it is an attack on YOUR imagination.
Or lack thereof.

"...untrustworthy obnoxious twerp." - CFLarsen
Piscivore is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2005, 06:25 PM   #86
supercorgi
Dog Everlasting

Quote:

And yes, I mean the Christian God. HE IS THE ONLY GOD! Now stop playing this game with me and answer truthfully. He is the God I believe in and I believe in Him because He has proved Himself to be real.
Well first I'd take him to task for some of the stuff he's done. Pillar of salt, flood, encouraging rape and child killing, that sort of stuff. I guess I'd verify with him first whether he actually did those things or if it was just bad propaganda that someone wrote up about him.

Then I ask him if he was really omnibenevolent, omnipotent, and omniscient. If not, why did he allow his followers to present him as such. If true, why the hell does he allow such suffering and perversity to exist in the world. If he wimps out and says that such things are Satan's fault, I ask him how an omnipotent being couldn't control his own creation.

If he admitted that he slipped up but would do better in the future, I'd reserve judgement and see if he really did shape things up and do what he promised to do. Same as I'd treat any politician.
supercorgi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2005, 07:17 PM   #87
c4ts
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally posted by Piscivore
LET"S ASSUME CTHULHU PROVED HIMSELF TO BE REAL!

Are you going to flee in terror at his awakening and die slowly and painfully, or willingly sacrifice yourself to appease his insatiable hunger, thus guaranteeing yourself a quick and merciful death?
Cthulhu is real! Dr. Rawlings proves it!
c4ts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2005, 07:26 PM   #88
H3LL
Illuminator

Relax...

Enjoy the scenic view and if you look carefully you can see one of god's angels near the waterfall at the back.

<center> </center>

Can you see the angel?

Top 10 Reasons Why I Procrastinate:
H3LL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2005, 08:14 PM   #89
c4ts
Philosopher

Only someone with divine healing powers could possibly see the angel!
c4ts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2005, 05:42 AM   #90
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Quote:

huh. I thought I had answered the question very specifically, not only in the case of the new testiment Christian God but also in the case of the old testiment pre-Christ Christian God.

In both cases, regardless of who or what is proven, I am a moral being and thus responsible for my own behavior. I would follow the teachings of any God whose teachings were of good moral value. That means I probably wouldn't follow the OT God, who has rather dubious moral teachings, and would probably follow most aspects of the NT God, given some clarification on some troubling moral questions. (or rather the Biblical NT God, not the perversion that most fundamentalists have made of the NT God that would, for example, ever endorce war.)

In any case, I would never voluntarily relinquish my free will to the will of anyone else, god or no.
Old 4th February 2005, 05:56 AM   #91
Marquis de Carabas
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:

I feel so bad for those who's answer was that they would join Satan's army and fight a losing battle against God.
Don't feel bad for me, 1/12thfoot. I'm not joining Satan's army. I'm joining Satan's navy. I heard your daughters dug sailors.
Marquis de Carabas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2005, 06:09 AM   #92
Ossai
Graduate Poster

1inChrist
Quote:
Then the question becomes, which Christian god? There are over 34,000 different Christian sects, each with their own ‘god’ philosophy.

Ossai
The other moral to be drawn from the story [of Job] is that if you lead a good virtuous life, God will urge Satan to kill your family for a bet. Perhaps you should try to sin a little now and then, just to keep your children safe.
- Dr Adequate
www.stopsylvia.com
Ossai is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2005, 09:03 AM   #93
Bodhi Dharma Zen
Advaitin

Re: Re: A question for atheists here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Dharma Zen
The clown depicted as a god in the bible, while not a monster, surely is not someone admirable. He makes mistakes and feel bad about them, he is really emotional and have hopes and desires and suffers if someone "resist" him. He likes to make war and always protect one small tribe against everybody else (why, are they not his sons too?). He condemned the poor devil, someone who had the guts to question the omnipotent-authority, what kind of sick individual does that? wouldnt an omnipotent and loving god feel compasion for the little angel?

If anything, that kind of god is more like a powerful alien, that used to terrify people on earth, not that I think he actually was real, but it would be a better explanation for such a capricious being.
As my first post was not answered by 1inC, and I think it is a good one, I want to post it again. Sorry for the bandwith hijack.
Bodhi Dharma Zen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2005, 09:54 AM   #94
neutrino_cannon
Master Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Dharma Zen
As my first post was not answered by 1inC, and I think it is a good one, I want to post it again. Sorry for the bandwith hijack.
You got nothing on me buddy.

I think that the answer is obvious enough, most people would choose to follow a beneficient deity were they sufficiently convinced of said deity's beneficience and existence, myself included. If we're talking the God of the Bible, as you point out, beneficience is a major concern, even if existence is not.

"Man would have been too happy, if, limiting himself to the visible objects which interested him, he had employed, to perfect his real sciences, his laws, his morals, his education, one half-the efforts he has put into his researches on the Divinity"

-Percy Bysshe Shelley, The Necessity of Atheism
neutrino_cannon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2005, 11:05 AM   #95
billydkid
Illuminator

Quote:
Originally posted by neutrino_cannon
You got nothing on me buddy.

I think that the answer is obvious enough, most people would choose to follow a beneficient deity were they sufficiently convinced of said deity's beneficience and existence, myself included. If we're talking the God of the Bible, as you point out, beneficience is a major concern, even if existence is not.
I think God's goodness or badness is really irrelevant to the question. This is what the story of Job is supposed to illustrate - "No matter how much of a bastard I am, I am God and it is your responsibility to follow me." That is common theme in many bible stories - do what I say, not what I do. You have to understand, if God (whoever the hell that is) exists, then he is the almighty and makes all the rules, however arbitrary, cruel and senseless. God defines what is good and what is not and by definition all he does is good. However awful god might be he is the ultimate arbiter and it would be dopey contraryness to stand against him.
billydkid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2005, 11:44 AM   #96
DarkMagician
Graduate Poster

Okay, so 1inch has returned.

(Adds "raises from the dead in a few months" to the 1inchRist D&D stats)

That worth at least +1 CR right there.
Sometimes going by "Nyke" | "Pascal's Wager: Believe in Unicorns, or one might kick you in the nads!" | "There is no hope for humanity. Reason is dead and we dance on the corpse. Tra la la la la!" --c4ts | Intelligent Design & Expelled Exposed | I'm on dial-up. If you want to reply to me, summarize please.
DarkMagician is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2005, 12:08 PM   #97
Kaon
Student

Re: Re: A question for atheists here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Piscivore
Hell is fictional too.
Why Hell is certainly not fictional. I have been there on several occasions. Mostly just passing through, but I've also attended a party here:

Not a particularly interesting place though.

The wmd that dwelleth in the Heavens:

3 A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about. 4 His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.

Psalms 97:3-4

And when the time cometh, where's the safest place to be? Your car...?

19 And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Judges 1:19

And so forth.

--Lisa Simpson, "The Simpsons" ep. 7F03: "Bart Gets an F".
Kaon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2005, 12:58 PM   #98
Bodhi Dharma Zen
Advaitin

I just found the "REAL TRUTH!!!"

I think 1ofC and others will find the truth is really interesting, I surely wasnt expecting this. Oh well.
Bodhi Dharma Zen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2005, 01:01 PM   #99
Dr Adequate
Banned

Re: A question for atheists here.

Quote:
If you found out tomorrow that God exists, would you follow Him? Would you submit yourself to His will?
That would be the God of the Bible, would it?

The one who, according to the Bible, loves genocide and murder and human sacrifice and genital mutilation, who thinks that women should be murdered as a punishment for being raped, who urges the Devil to torture the innocent for a bet, and who, as St Paul clearly states, created most people just in order for them to gratify his sick torture fetish.

So, yes and no.

If by "submit to his will" you mean, would I do what he tells me, then of course I would --- I wouldn't want filthy sick scum like that to torture me. If by "submit to his will" you mean that I would actually assent inwardly to his monstrous cruelty, then the answer is no. I am not filthy scum. I will never worship evil.

I've answered your question. Now here's one for you. Suppose that God existed --- suppose the voices in your head that told you all those stupid lies really was God. This is plausible, I suppose, since the Bible portrays God as a stupid liar. Suppose, then, that the filthy creature exists. Suppose it ordered you, as it ordered Joshua, to comit genocide against a whole nation --- men, women and children. Would you do such a filthy, sick thing? How much do you really worship evil? Look into your heart. Don't you feel some sort of urge to love what is good and hate what is evil?
Dr Adequate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2005, 11:26 PM   #100
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

Re: A question for atheists here.

Quote:
If you found out tomorrow that God exists, would you follow Him? Would you submit yourself to His will?

Most atheists believe that God is some kind of monster, so I'm interested in knowing that even if He revealed Himself unto you, would you follow Him?
Tell me, Ace: what, in your behavior, suggests there's anything worth following?

Lost Angeles had a great answer for you. I don't think you'll accept it; you'll say we're avoiding the question. Truth is, they're getting to the core argument.

Back when I worked in vocational ministry, Chuck Swindoll said something that actually made sense to me: "You're the only Gospel that some people will ever encounter in their life." Now, if I had to go by Mike Warnke, I'd have to say that God is a liar. If I had to go by what I saw happened with Sandi Patti and a number of others, noting that other Christian artists who divorced found their music pulled from Christian radio playlists, while Patti and Joe English did not, I'd have to say that God was a hypocrite. If I had to go by what I see with Randall Terry, and the obsession with the unborn, but the complete ignorance of those whose lives were destroyed by rape, incest, molestation, homelessness, and abuse, I'd have to say God is unjust.

What do your actions say God is, 1inChrist?
Roadtoad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2005, 04:21 AM   #101
Stitch
Muse

Quote:

I tell you what, let's not. Let's start from the existing premise that something does not exist until evidence is provided to the contrary. Once you have sorted that out we can discuss the finer points.

Quote:
And yes, I mean the Christian God. HE IS THE ONLY GOD!
That you belive in. The atheists however belive in 1 less god than you!

Quote:
Now stop playing this game with me and answer truthfully. He is the God I believe in and I believe in Him because He has proved Himself to be real.
Not to me he hasn't.

Quote:
I'm abstaining as satan is fantasy as well.
Stitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2005, 04:00 PM   #102
billydkid
Illuminator

Wait a second

Quote:

First you say "let's assume God proved himself to be real." which suggests that God has yet to do so. And then you say you believe in him because he has proved himself to be real. I'm confused. If in fact God did already prove himself you be real I must have missed it. Can you tell me when and where? Was it in the newspaper or something?
billydkid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2005, 04:26 PM   #103
voodoochile
Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by Stitch
I'm abstaining as satan is fantasy as well.
You're missing the point. If you fight with satan, there is going to be one heck of a party afterwards. I mean what's god going to do with my immortal soul? He can't kill me and once I'm in hell, what more is he going to do.

Give me a pitchfork, a double shot of JD, enough funky drugs so I feel no pain and lets get it on. Afterwards, I'm going back to hell and finding me a room filled with naked souls and having some fun.

Who cares if we lose? What's god going to do... send us to hell?

EDIT: this post in no way construes an endorsement of drugs. No one should use drugs unless they are already dead and in hell and then, what the heck when in Rome...
voodoochile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2005, 04:43 PM   #104
ntech
JREF Kid

Any magical being that would require one to worship and follow it would not be worthy of respect. So, no.

Besides the fact that the whole thought of a magical being in the sky that created the universe is just plain silly.
ntech is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2005, 05:46 AM   #105
alock
Student

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A question for atheists here.

Quote:
I will pray for your eternal soul.
Now that a month has passed, I would be interested in a progress report if you don't mind.

How is the praying going?

Could you give me some feedback on the minutes/hours you have spent on this and what the results have been?

Do you feel this has been a constructive use of your time?

Would you do it again?
alock is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2005, 06:40 AM   #106
ntech
JREF Kid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A question for atheists here.

Quote:
Originally posted by alock
Now that a month has passed, I would be interested in a progress report if you don't mind.

How is the praying going?

Could you give me some feedback on the minutes/hours you have spent on this and what the results have been?

Do you feel this has been a constructive use of your time?

Would you do it again?
You know what they say, "Nothing fails like prayer".
ntech is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2005, 05:09 PM   #107
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

Let me explain something:

We're not going to see much more of 1inChrist, or Kirk Fraser, or other whackjob religious trolls.

Something I've learned from reading the posts on this board is that there's a lot of people here who came from religious backgrounds. There's a lot of folks here who have actually read the Bible, and actually understand what it really says, and what it's really about. Clowns like 1in, Kirk, Billiefan, or any number of other neo-Phelpsian weirdos are figuring out that you cannot BS someone who knows your game better than you.

In fact, let me tell you that 1inChrist didn't come here to actually engage in a discussion with anyone.

Let's assume 1in's real name is John Christian. Our man John, after his last post, probably went to his pastor, showed him what he was up to, and let it be known that he was "saddened" that all those atheists "hardened their hearts to the Truth of the Lord Jesus Christ," (yeah, I know the lingo), (especially backsliders like that Roadtoad guy), and that he would like to pray with the deacons and other senior members of the Church that perhaps some might be saved.

So, on Sunday, John's pastor stands before the congregation, praising to the rafters Brother John's sacrifice of time in his effort to preach the Gospel to all creation. He tells of the horrific abuse heaped upon Brother John, as the Deacons all sit in their Preferred Pews, nodding and saying "Amen!" to the Pastor's declarations, and many weep openly as the Pastor decries the abuse heaped upon John's daughters by those "Flesh Fiends" on the JREF website. Brother John is lifted up in prayer by all his friends on Sunday, and they gather around, lay on hands, and pray to the Lord that perhaps, someday, some might see the truth.

Yup, ol' John, sure looks good on Sunday. He looks good to all those folks he was told really matter. And he's certain that he'll go straight to Heaven and stand before the Lord, and be able to declare that, Yes, he did speak the truth in His name so that others might come to believe.

Except, perhaps, if John had actually read the Bible, he might realize that he was called upon to serve others, not to preach to them. That he was supposed to feed the hungry, heal the sick, visit and minister to the imprisoned, and welcome the lonely.

Frankly, I think John's about as much a Christian as say, Mike Warnke, or perhaps Sandi Patti. Lots of flash, not much function.

And the last time I checked, that didn't fly around here.
Roadtoad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2005, 06:35 AM   #108
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

Um, Roadtoad, you did know, didn't you, that 1Inch's "church" is a garage and it has about 4 members!

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2005, 06:41 AM   #109
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

I didn't, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 23rd February 2005, 09:11 AM   #110
c4ts
Philosopher

Yeah, he did say several times that his church is in his garage and the preacher is his best friend. It's a typical Christian cult.
Old 23rd February 2005, 09:15 AM   #111
sackett
Philosopher

Who you calling a dirty old man? I wash as often as you do!

Roadtoad, I take exception to that business about heaping abuse on OneInch's daughters. Although we only know what he tells us, and the daughters may be no more than paper dolls, I would never abuse them in any way. Just the opposite: I'd like to send them flowers, and bonbons with brandy centers. I'd invite them to sit on my bearskin rug by the fire - right here with your harmless old Uncle sackett, my dears. Comfy? Slip off your shoes - oh! but your little feet are cold! Let me rub them; there, isn't that nice? I'm drinking sherry; will you have a glass? Oops a daisy! Goes to one's head, doesn't it? You know, I've always sympathized with you girls: your dreadful fundamentalist upbringing, your deplorable home situation - I greatly respect your new independence. Let us all explore the fullness of life! We can live in our bodies, and for our bodies' pleasure! Yes, it's quite warm here by the fire, isn't it? Of course you can slip out of that! Don't mind me! I don't want you to feel awkward; I'll do the same. You are really most lovely, adorable young heart-breakers, do you know that? I especially like this little soft place here. And here. You can do the same things to me, you know; I won't mind.

Now where's the abuse in that? 1inchRist, are you reading this? Back me up here, brother!

When I lashed them with a length of chain, they called me sir.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2005, 09:18 AM   #112
c4ts
Philosopher

We've all joked about hitting on his two "atheist" daughters.
Old 23rd February 2005, 09:21 AM   #113
sackett
Philosopher

Sir, you have named by beloved

You keep your dirty mind off those sweet girls!

When I lashed them with a length of chain, they called me sir.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2005, 07:15 PM   #114
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

I don't think it's his mind that needs to be kept off the girls...
Old 24th February 2005, 10:40 AM   #115
Blondin
Muse

What a childishly stupid question. I'm not sure if there is a term for it but perhaps "oxymoronic" fits. You are effectively asking if I would refuse to believe in God's existance if God's existance were proven. That's a bit like talking about an irresistable force meeting an immovable object. You can't accept the possiblility of either without denying the possible existance of the other. You can't state that something is "proven" and not believe it at the same time.

Let's just say I'll believe it when I see it but I truly hope that if there is a God he's nothing like you and your bible describe because that guy sounds like a nasty, petulant, vindictive, vain, irrational, greedy, short-tempered, spiteful and not very bright bully.

I'm very well aquainted with the seven deadly sins.
I keep a busy schedule tryin' to fit them in.
I'm proud to be a glutton and I don't have time for Sloth.
I'm greedy and I'm angry and I don't care who I cross.

I'm Mr. Bad Example, intruder in the dirt.
I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt.
I'm Mr. Bad Example, take a look at me.
I'll live to be a hundred and go down in infamy.
Blondin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2005, 07:55 PM   #116
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

Here you go, 1in. An answer for you...

Just click here.
Old 25th February 2005, 09:20 PM   #117
DarkMagician
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Roadtoad
Here you go, 1in. An answer for you...

Just click here.
You ae
Sometimes going by "Nyke" | "Pascal's Wager: Believe in Unicorns, or one might kick you in the nads!" | "There is no hope for humanity. Reason is dead and we dance on the corpse. Tra la la la la!" --c4ts | Intelligent Design & Expelled Exposed | I'm on dial-up. If you want to reply to me, summarize please.
DarkMagician is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2005, 04:59 PM   #118
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkMagician
You ae
Why thank you!
Old 26th February 2005, 06:40 PM   #119
Kimpatsu
Illuminator

Quote:
Originally posted by c4ts
The United States fights for God. The Iraqi insurgents fight for God. Gee, that whole "God's army" thing really clears things up.
The United States fights for its C-in-C.
Are you saying that Dubya is god?!
"Most people, I believe, think that you need a God to explain the existence of the world, and especially the existence of life. They are wrong, but our education system is such that many people don't know it. "--Richard Dawkins
Kimpatsu is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2005, 07:01 PM   #120
c4ts
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimpatsu
The United States fights for its C-in-C.
Are you saying that Dubya is god?!
No, just that every army is going to say they fight for God no matter what happens.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy