IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags putin , russia , Russia-Ukraine war , ukraine , Zelensky

Closed Thread
Old 1st October 2022, 01:11 AM   #2441
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Here's a good map showing the changes in Ukrainian sovereign territory this week. The orcs mumbled something about a fake "vote" or something but no one cares what they think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fd5y9jSWIAI1jnS.jpg (30.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 1st October 2022, 01:17 AM   #2442
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
The demise of the vile Russian state cannot come fast enough for many, many reasons. But one minor benefit to which I'm looking forward is that it will hopefully put a dent in the fetid stupidity and lies that their most mindless supporters keep parroting.
Have these people ever given you the slightest reason so presume that their mind can be swayed by real-world facts?
Old 1st October 2022, 01:30 AM   #2443
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

https://deepstatemap.live/en#12/49.0206/38.0027

As of this morning Lyman is not completely encircled. However the Deep State map (a fairly conservative source) puts the Ukrainian FLOT within about 400 meters of the last MSR going into the city. That means Ukraine can take the MSR under direct fires and infantry mortars.

Denys thinks there are about 3000 enemy troops in Lyman, two local regiments and a Russian infantry regiment. I'm not sure what he based that on or that Ukraine knows (or even the Russian commanders know) how many troops they have left. In addition to casualties, I'm sure there have been surrenders and desertions a plenty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NidtnpUBLCw
Old 1st October 2022, 02:34 AM   #2444
Arcade22
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
^ This is Mad Max territory.
Yes, the behavior of the Russians in occupied Ukraine is not too dissimilar to how people behave in those movies. Good observation.

And no, Cuba is not a brutal and corrupt dictatorship, and it's definitely less so than Sweden. - dann
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 03:09 AM   #2445
Arcade22
Philosopher

The ultimate irony is that Russia is now murdering the people it claims as its own, people whom they notionally invaded Ukraine to save. Previously the Russians always dishonestly argued that they were Ukrainian citizens and falsely claimed that it was an "internal conflict" in Ukraine which they had nothing to do with.

All for one and one for none.

And no, Cuba is not a brutal and corrupt dictatorship, and it's definitely less so than Sweden. - dann
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 03:17 AM   #2446
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

The Siege of Lyman in which Russians are surrounded by Ukrainian troops:

Quote:
As many as 5,000 Russian troops could be currently trapped in Lyman, and its recapture by Ukraine would be one of Russia's worst military defeats since the start of its invasion on 24 February.

It would allow Ukrainian troops to completely mop up the northern part of the Donetsk region and move further into neighbouring Luhansk region.
BBC

We have ourselves a motti!

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 03:19 AM   #2447
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

UK Ministry of Defence believes the 30 people killed in an humanitarian aid convoy were the victims of Russia, who used high worth missiles normally used to bring down planes. It reckons therefore, that the Russian military is severely short of ground missiles.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 03:33 AM   #2448
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
The Siege of Lyman in which Russians are surrounded by Ukrainian troops:

BBC

We have ourselves a motti!
I'd still watch what is happening in Kherson as well. It's far slower, but the screws are continuously tightening. And with very few routes out.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 03:35 AM   #2449
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Does the Nazi know that Lord Humungus dies at the end of Road Warrior?
Old 1st October 2022, 03:43 AM   #2450
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Does the Nazi know that Lord Humungus dies at the end of Road Warrior?
He’s not gonna die in a head-on collision with an 18 wheeler. I see a suicide in a bunker.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 03:53 AM   #2451
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
He’s not gonna die in a head-on collision with an 18 wheeler. I see a suicide in a bunker.
Fd7PBAbWAAoSoA5.jpg

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 03:53 AM   #2452
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Those interested in the parallels of Nazi Germany annexing the Sudetenland (the then Czechoslovakia) on the same day 84 years ago as Putin's criminal state annexing the Donbass region, might enjoy this thread:

Quote:
Dan Snow
@thehistoryguy
Today in 1938 at the Munich Conference, Britain & France agreed to Hitler's annexation of around 20% of Czechoslovakia.
The annexed territory lay along the German-Czech border which Hitler insisted had been historically part of Greater Germany.
https://twitter.com/thehistoryguy/st...D28SeA3w1W0IXg

Disclaimer: the reproduction of this tweet is not an endorsement of the views of its author

Old 1st October 2022, 03:58 AM   #2453
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
We know it's almost over when the Nazi **** twit marries the girlfriend.

Last edited by Craig4; 1st October 2022 at 04:15 AM.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 05:59 AM   #2454
Lord Emsworth
Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves

So, it looks like Lyman is liberated.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...etaken_by_the/
Lord Emsworth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 06:00 AM   #2455
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Those interested in the parallels of Nazi Germany annexing the Sudetenland (the then Czechoslovakia) on the same day 84 years ago as Putin's criminal state annexing the Donbass region, might enjoy this thread:

https://twitter.com/thehistoryguy/st...D28SeA3w1W0IXg

Disclaimer: the reproduction of this tweet is not an endorsement of the views of its author
Given the forces in play... would be totally unsurprising if it wasn't a coincidence at all, but rather an opportunistic dog whistle.
Old 1st October 2022, 06:18 AM   #2456
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Another day, another Russian war crime, another civilian convoy attacked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...ost_type=share
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 07:27 AM   #2457
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/30-sep...-in-drobysheve

https://deepstatemap.live/en#11.5/48.9766/37.8998

Live Map and Deep State have Ukrainian troops entering Lyman but not that it's liberated yet. Thus far both have been fairly conservative about what they add to the maps and have a demonstrated track record of accuracy. Live Map has the town surrounded and Ukrainians entering the city from the north east and south east. The city will likely be liberated and free of occupying forces by the end of the weekend.

The next big story should be Severodonetsk. There are no militarily significant terrain features between Lyman and the north/south MSR connecting Severodonetsk to Belgorod. Once Ukraine gets to that road, the east/west MSR will come under their artillery fire. Once that happens, it's a matter of time before Severodonetsk falls. That's a huge salient into Luhansk that could cut the break away sections in two.
Old 1st October 2022, 08:24 AM   #2458
Dragon
Graduate Poster

The BBC is saying that Russian troops have withdrawn from Lyman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...ost_type=share
Old 1st October 2022, 08:35 AM   #2459
Lord Emsworth

Interesting set of post originating from Wagner affiliated (?) Gray Zone:
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineRuss...f_the_russian/

Apparently the situation in and around Lyman was FUBAR yesterday already, but because of Putin's speech ...
Lord Emsworth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 08:46 AM   #2460
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Hey, CE, your "annexation" is turning into a complete cluster ****.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ha ha.jpg (16.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 1st October 2022, 08:59 AM   #2461
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Is it a counter-offensive yet?
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 09:01 AM   #2462
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder how close we are to seeing the cutover from "Russia's special military operation is succeeding, don't be fooled by their crafty deception operations and false western propaganda" to "Russia would have prevailed if NATO hadn't lifted one finger against them, while leaving its other hand tied behind its back"?
Old 1st October 2022, 09:10 AM   #2463
Olmstead
Graduate Poster

Cheap shot, I know, but they are now quite literally self-destructing:

https://twitter.com/WhereisRussia/st...32345278947330

Edit: I believe that's somewhere around Sevastopol.

Last edited by Olmstead; 1st October 2022 at 09:15 AM.
Olmstead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 09:15 AM   #2464
Olmstead
Graduate Poster

Double post.
Olmstead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 09:17 AM   #2465
SpitfireIX
Philosopher

Russia is claiming its troops withdrew from Lyman. I wonder whether that's a lie to cover up the fact that they surrendered.
Old 1st October 2022, 09:21 AM   #2466
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Olmstead View Post
Cheap shot, I know, but they are now quite literally self-destructing:

https://twitter.com/WhereisRussia/st...32345278947330

Edit: I believe that's somewhere around Sevastopol.
That's close to Sevastopol so with any luck, it was a Ukrainian attack. Maybe partisan or special forces? If the Russian squatters who moved there think it was an attack, that's just as good. A flow of Russians leaving Crimea only helps Ukraine.
Old 1st October 2022, 09:28 AM   #2467
sackett
Philosopher

How long before it's realized that Normally Victorious Russia was

STABBED IN THE BACK!

by agents of the interNATOist conspiracy working in the shadows -- shadows cast by the glaring lights of Broadway! I mean Wall Street!

Oooooh, there'll be a reckoning! We'll make 'em pay!

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 09:37 AM   #2468
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Russia is claiming its troops withdrew from Lyman. I wonder whether that's a lie to cover up the fact that they surrendered.
They withdrew to a POW camp.
Old 1st October 2022, 09:43 AM   #2469
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

It's all a part of that clever Russian trap we were told of. It will be sprung any minute now. The have the Ukraine army right where they want them.
Old 1st October 2022, 09:45 AM   #2470
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Another cunning ruse to lure Ukraine into yet another trap.

Edited to add....

Ninja'd by Steve, great minds and all that

Last edited by The Don; 1st October 2022 at 09:46 AM.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 10:06 AM   #2471
crescent
Philosopher

One of the nice young men who gave a speech at Nuremburg Red Square the other day was Ivan Okhlobystin, formerly an actor.

He gave a nice speech calling for a Holy War.

Here he is making a Nazi salute.

Here's the time he called for gay people to be burned in gas chambers.

But by all means, let's keep insisting that the Ukrainians are the Nazis here, what with their Jewish President and tolerance for gay and transgender people.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 10:10 AM   #2472
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
One of the nice young men who gave a speech at Nuremburg Red Square the other day was Ivan Okhlobystin, formerly an actor.

He gave a nice speech calling for a Holy War.

Here he is making a Nazi salute.

Here's the time he called for gay people to be burned in gas chambers.

But by all means, let's keep insisting that the Ukrainians are the Nazis here, what with their Jewish President and tolerance for gay and transgender people.
That's how cunning (((they))) are, pretending to be Jewish and tolerant to fool those in the West whilst those Russians who superficially appear to be Nazis cannot be because no-one would ever do that
Old 1st October 2022, 10:13 AM   #2473
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Is it a counter-offensive yet?
No, it will only count as a counter offensive when Ukraine's pre 2014 borders are restored and it must all be by force and without any Russian retreats, otherwise it's just Ukraine stumbling into a cunningly laid Russian trap.
Old 1st October 2022, 10:20 AM   #2474
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I can see Putin having such disregard for his own military that he orders a strike on an area where many of them happen to be, just to get at the Ukrainians.
Old 1st October 2022, 10:31 AM   #2475
Jimbo07
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
No, it will only count as a counter offensive when Ukraine's pre 2014 borders are restored and it must all be by force and without any Russian retreats, otherwise it's just Ukraine stumbling into a cunningly laid Russian trap.
Honestly, if the Russians lay enough clever traps, they may be home in time for Christmas!

Atoms in supernova explosion get huge business -- Pixie of key
Jimbo07 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 10:36 AM   #2476
Lord Emsworth

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
It is a pity that the photo is in black and white. His suspenders seem to be black-red-gold colored, as in the German Federal flag. Nazi-salute + black-red-gold
Old 1st October 2022, 10:43 AM   #2477
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
That's close to Sevastopol so with any luck, it was a Ukrainian attack. Maybe partisan or special forces? If the Russian squatters who moved there think it was an attack, that's just as good. A flow of Russians leaving Crimea only helps Ukraine.
It looks like it was genuinely a plane overshooting the runway.

In Putin's Russia, military targets destroy themselves.

Old 1st October 2022, 11:11 AM   #2478
Doubt
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
How long before it's realized that Normally Victorious Russia was

STABBED IN THE BACK!

by agents of the interNATOist conspiracy working in the shadows -- shadows cast by the glaring lights of Broadway! I mean Wall Street!

Oooooh, there'll be a reckoning! We'll make 'em pay!
They might need another scapegoat to make that work.

I'm thinking they need some Jewish Nazis.
Old 1st October 2022, 11:14 AM   #2479
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
They withdrew to a POW camp.
An orderly, strategic withdraw...
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2022, 11:16 AM   #2480
SpitfireIX
Philosopher

As a goodwill gesture . . .
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics