ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Andrew Bolt , autism , environmental activists , Greta Thunberg

Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #2761
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Nobel peace prize

Failed to front up enough to get it.

Disappointing performance
Naaah! Only presidents of the USA care about that one.
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #2762
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
It is not like it is one sided

Version 1 - Men afraid of 16 year old girl!
Version 2 - People think Greta is a Saint!
Version 1 - has much evidence in this thread
Version 2 - does not
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #2763
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Version 1 - has much evidence in this thread
Version 2 - does not
Yeah ok

Lol

Version 1 is people refusing to even slightly question the methods of her (or her overseers)

Version 2 is people over inflating what Version 1 does

In between there are links that support either
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:29 AM   #2764
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Quote:
Thunberg asked for help getting to Spain on social media, and said she got only a few responses because of the time of year.
I guess that clears that up.

Quote:
“My message to the Americans is the same as to everyone – that is to unite behind the science and to act on the science,” Thunberg told the Guardian on Tuesday.

“We must realize this is a crisis, and we must do what we can now to spread awareness about this and to put pressure on the people in power. And especially, the US has an election coming up soon, and it’s very important that for everyone who can vote, vote.”
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...s-message-vote
Matthew Best is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:31 AM   #2765
Stout
Illuminator

And there we have it. From the article above.

Originally Posted by Greta writes.
“Nothing is being done to stop the climate and ecological emergency from happening and to secure the future wellbeing for future generations,” she said.
Nothing.
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events