IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 21st March 2022, 01:38 AM   #321
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
At Substack Dr. Eric Topol wrote, "Perhaps you’ve read the Guardian piece on the anti-vaxxers, such as Alex Berenson, Robert Malone, Joseph Mercola and others, who have a major presence on Substack and are making large amounts of money via subscriptions. Before that piece arrived, when I first posted on Substack in December, some of these individuals organized a vicious, ad hominem attack through comments on my welcome post that necessitated me taking down the comment section."

At The Guardian, "A group of vaccine-sceptic writers are generating revenues of at least $2.5m (£1.85m) a year from publishing newsletters for tens of thousands of followers on the online publishing platform Substack, according to new research.

Prominent figures in the anti-vaccine movement including Dr Joseph Mercola and Alex Berenson have large followings on Substack, which has more than 1 million paying subscribers who sign up for individual newsletters..."

Exactly, follow the money.

The quacks have a ready market for their comforting but dangerous lies. One fad diet pusher who's migrated to this space, Ivor Cummins, aka FatEmperor has massively boosted his income. YouTube and Patraeon. Just from the Patraeon subscribers (€3 - €250 per month) with the 1320 subscribers, that's at least €3960 per month for spouting innumerate rubbish about "the casedemic" if everyone is at the lowest level; he was up to about 3000 subscribers earlier. He also has a kickstarter "to make a film"

At least one follower has died from Covid after following his advice and rejecting all precautions.

That's just a small fry but one who's manged to go from a very minor fad diet business to being able to set up a property owing company in Dublin, which looks like a couple of million euros from lying about Covid.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 06:22 AM   #322
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

an unfriendly welcome at substack

Regarding Eric Topol's first post at Substack, a Twitter commenter wrote, "A quick glance at the comments suggests a need to moderate them." Moreover, one other Tweet is consistent: "I thought the comments on Twitter were rough—phew! Wishing you strength and courage in sharing this information." This substantiates what Dr. Topol himself said, as I quoted in my previous comment. I wish that I knew more about this incident; Dr. Topol has been a remarkable source of information throughout the pandemic.

Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 21st March 2022 at 06:41 AM.
Chris_Halkides is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 03:07 AM   #323
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Those who are vaccinated should be screened for cancer and AIDS:

https://dailyexpose.uk/2022/03/22/uk...-have-a-i-d-s/
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 05:09 AM   #324
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post

In fact everyone should. Why single out vaccinated persons?
Old 23rd March 2022, 07:27 AM   #325
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

False story from an unreliable source.
https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...em-the-expose/

Why is it that so many of the conspiracy believers here never, ever check either their sources or the claims before posting? Does the overweening egotism lead to a lack of critical thinking skills, or is it that, when you've been fooled once, you keep getting fooled again, and you can't admit you were wrong?
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:03 AM   #326
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
False story from an unreliable source.
https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...em-the-expose/

Why is it that so many of the conspiracy believers here never, ever check either their sources or the claims before posting? Does the overweening egotism lead to a lack of critical thinking skills, or is it that, when you've been fooled once, you keep getting fooled again, and you can't admit you were wrong?
You have defined yourself very well. I hope one day you can avoid being a sheep and being duped, my friend.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:37 AM   #327
sts60
Illuminator

Emre_1974tr, why did you run away in terror from your stupid Nibiru etc. claims on the other thread?
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:06 PM   #328
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I hope one day you can avoid being a sheep and being duped, my friend.
That reminds me, is it the end of the world yet?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:31 PM   #329
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
That reminds me, is it the end of the world yet?
No, but I feel fine...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 08:29 PM   #330
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

You have defined yourself very well. I hope one day you can avoid being a sheep and being duped, my friend.
None of us believed any of your dreadful days ********.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:23 PM   #331
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

You have defined yourself very well.
As someone who uses genuine critical thinking skills to assess the credibility of sources of information before quoting them, yes. Whereas you have defined yourself as someone who blindly swallows and mindlessly parrots the most blatant and transparent of lies.

Quote:
I hope one day you can avoid being a sheep and being duped, my friend.
I only wish I could hold out such a hope for you, but you are clearly much too far down the rabbit hole to ever get out.
Old 24th March 2022, 01:43 AM   #332
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

I will rise above the infantile tone of your response and instead ask:
How does you posting a story that is untrue prove that I am being duped?
Old 24th March 2022, 03:56 AM   #333
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Ahahahaha. Most of the people on this forum are in worse shape than I thought. I request that the name of the forum be changed to a storm of non-critical thinking sheep.
Old 24th March 2022, 06:06 AM   #334
sts60
Illuminator

Why did you so consistently wet your pants when asked simple questions about your “dreadful days” claims?
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 06:10 AM   #335
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

The Expose is run by a former welder from Scunthorpe. How would such a person get access to so many amazing scoops?

The simple answer is that he makes it up or uses other people's lies.

Yes, the expose *is* evidence of a conspiracy. A conspiracy of grifters, quacks and those who want to damage democracy by pushing lies.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 06:28 AM   #336
Armitage72
Philosopher

Wake up sheeple!!. No, wait.

Armitage72 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 09:40 AM   #337
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

I will rise above the infantile tone of your response and instead ask:
How does you posting a story that is untrue prove that I am being duped?
Ahahahaha. Most of the people on this forum are in worse shape than I thought. I request that the name of the forum be changed to a storm of non-critical thinking sheep.
My question still stands.
How does you posting a story that is untrue prove I am being duped?

If you have any factual basis for rejecting the rebuttal of your latest stupid claim, then do please share it. Right now, your childish non-sequiturs are neither convincing nor welcome.
Old 24th March 2022, 09:53 AM   #338
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

. . . sheep.
Snicker.
Old 24th March 2022, 10:01 AM   #339
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

You put the hyphen in the wrong place. You don't really need one at all, but if you'd written "non critical-thinking sheep" it would mean "sheep who are not thinking critically". The way you wrote it, it means "sheep that are not critical and who are thinking".

I just thought that was unintentionally funny.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2022, 10:02 AM   #340
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
The Expose is run by a former welder from Scunthorpe. How would such a person get access to so many amazing scoops?

The simple answer is that he makes it up or uses other people's lies.

Yes, the expose *is* evidence of a conspiracy. A conspiracy of grifters, quacks and those who want to damage democracy by pushing lies.
It's almost as it someone would have to be a non critical-thinking sheep to buy any of that ********.
Old 24th March 2022, 10:32 AM   #341
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

I once met a sheep which was definitely a critical thinker by the car park near Cow Green reservoir in upper Teesdale: bit me on the elbow, it did. Now if that isn't criticism...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 03:46 PM   #342
Emre_1974tr
Muse

You are vulnerable not only to cancer and AIDS, but to all dangers, including covid-19, friends.

Please try to regain your natural immunity.

And try to get the gene therapy poison out of you.

Try to get rid of the mini razors that cut you from the inside.

Now many of you are trying to stick your head in the sand because it's too late, but the right thing is to try to turn from the wrong.
Old 25th March 2022, 03:57 PM   #343
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

There is a sub-forum for comedy/entertainment. This is not it.
Old 25th March 2022, 04:28 PM   #344
Hans
Philosopher

Deleted.
Ah, well, no you're a well known source of BS, lies and misinformation I see no reason to believe anything you say.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 07:51 PM   #345
MBDK
Critical Thinker

You are vulnerable not only to

<snip mindless sophomoric BS>

If I were vulnerable to mindless sophomoric BS, I would have been done in by your first post. Fortunately, critical thinking, reason, logic, etc., are individually, and collectively more so, my vaccine, and your kryptonite.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2022, 09:22 PM   #346
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

>drivelsnip<
Emre, as pretty much everything you have posted here in the past has been proven to be false, why on earth do you think anyone is going to listen to you now?
I'm going to stop responding to you now, as it really does look like this is just childish attention-seeking. If you have something substantial to contribute, i.e. a claim with evidence, then I may address it, but this bridge-dwelling drivel is not worthy of serious consideration.
Old 26th March 2022, 04:23 AM   #347
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Emre, as pretty much everything you have posted here in the past has been proven to be false, why on earth do you think anyone is going to listen to you now?
I'm going to stop responding to you now, as it really does look like this is just childish attention-seeking. If you have something substantial to contribute, i.e. a claim with evidence, then I may address it, but this bridge-dwelling drivel is not worthy of serious consideration.
Just the opposite. I have proven that you are lying. I have proven that I am the one telling the truth.
Old 26th March 2022, 04:27 AM   #348
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Just the opposite. I have proven that you are lying. I have proven that I am the one telling the truth.
Understanding the meaning of English words is not one of your stronger traits, is it?
Old 26th March 2022, 06:46 AM   #349
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Understanding the meaning of English words is not one of your stronger traits, is it?
That was also exactly the kind of childish response I told Emre I wouldn't be answering.
Mental age of seven.
Old 26th March 2022, 11:08 AM   #350
MBDK
Critical Thinker

That was also exactly the kind of childish response I told Emre I wouldn't be answering.
Mental age of seven.
I agree with your position. I will merely refer to the attention junky's posts (should I reluctantly wish to) via responses to the sane members here.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2022, 12:48 PM   #351
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Nope.
Old 27th March 2022, 01:23 AM   #352
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

You are vulnerable not only to cancer and AIDS, but to all dangers, including covid-19, friends.
Literally everybody is. Including you.

No-one has lost their natural immunity. People without functional immune systems tend to die.

Vaccines are not gene therapy.

WTF? There are no mini razors cutting anyone from the inside.

Now many of you are trying to stick your head in the sand because it's too late, but the right thing is to try to turn from the wrong.
The first thing to do is recognise what is right and what is wrong.
Old 27th March 2022, 02:18 AM   #353
threadworm
Graduate Poster

You forgot alkalize your blood stream and decalcify your pineal gland.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2022, 04:17 AM   #354
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Please do what I say without wasting time, vaccinated friends.

You did not come from the traditional old vaccines. You have received an experimental gene therapy. Your natural immunity is ruined.

By the way, tiny razors cut your veins first and cause clots. The next step will be the chopping of your internal organs. Weak and lean people and athletes are affected more quickly because of this. Learn about natural cures and what needs to be done to prevent this terrible development.

Peace

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; 27th March 2022 at 04:22 AM.
Old 27th March 2022, 05:11 AM   #355
SteveAitch
Muse

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
You forgot alkalize your blood stream and decalcify your pineal gland.
Not to mention aligning your chakras.

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2022, 05:41 AM   #356
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

You did not come from the traditional old vaccines. You have received an experimental gene therapy. Your natural immunity is ruined.

By the way, tiny razors cut your veins first and cause clots. The next step will be the chopping of your internal organs. Weak and lean people and athletes are affected more quickly because of this. Learn about natural cures and what needs to be done to prevent this terrible development.

Peace
No one here is quite that insane.
Old 27th March 2022, 06:50 AM   #357
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Peace
Grape Seed Extract seems to be popular.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2022, 06:52 AM   #358
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Grape Seed Extract seems to be popular.
Can it dissolve tiny razor blades?
Old 27th March 2022, 07:51 AM   #359
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Can it dissolve tiny razor blades?
Grape extract can do whatever you want/need it too. It is the most miraculous of health miracles.
Old 27th March 2022, 07:52 AM   #360
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

I'm OK then: I already take an anti-coagulant.

Now, how can I persuade all those tiny razors to move to my chin? That'd be great: self-shaving stubble.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories