IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd May 2022, 06:17 AM   #1
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Dangerous Prisoner escapes with Prison Guard in Alabama

Shawshank Redemption or Con Air?

Quote:
Alabama hunt for missing prison inmate and guard

US police are searching for an escaped inmate who is facing murder charges, and a guard who disappeared with him.

Inmate Casey White and corrections officer Vicki White were last seen on Friday morning at the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office in Alabama.

Ms White said she was taking him to a mental evaluation, but officials later realised it had not been scheduled.

Authorities are investigating whether Ms White helped the inmate escape, or if she was taken hostage by him.

Despite their matching surnames, the pair are not related. Authorities say Casey White should be considered "armed and extremely dangerous" - in part because he may now have access to the officer's gun.

Speaking at a press conference on Friday, Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton said Ms White left the detention centre with the prisoner at about 09:30 CDT (15:30 BST) after telling colleagues she was going to drop him off at the courthouse for a mental health evaluation.

She said she would then get some medical attention because she was not feeling well, Sheriff Singleton added.
BBC News

Reads almost like a bad Netflix script.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 06:20 AM   #2
Warp12
King of Kings

Spring is the season for romance.
Old 2nd May 2022, 07:22 AM   #3
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Sounds like it's gonna be Thelma and Louis.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 09:38 AM   #4
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

As I saw this thread it was right next to the Romance Scam thread.

Other reports have her having recently sold her home and submitted retirement papers. If she was in on this I wonder how she expected to take advantage of retirement?

ETA: Link below has info on retirement and house. A warrant has been issued for her arrest but still acknowledges she might not have been a willing participant.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/02/us/al...day/index.html

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 2nd May 2022 at 09:39 AM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:24 AM   #5
plague311
Great minds think...

I'm guessing she's complicit in it somehow. Seems like a really stupid move since she was retiring and, apparently looking forward to moving to the beach. If she is helping him she'll get to spend the rest of her life in a jail cell, or dead. This guy doesn't seem like the type that will leave witnesses around.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:52 AM   #6
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah. Forgetting to bring backup and heading out to a non-existent court date seem like implausible mistakes to me. Plus the diversionary excuse for being late to return. That seems to weight the scales to her being in on it. The other stuff seems to point toward her being coerced though.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:57 AM   #7
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Yeah. Forgetting to bring backup and heading out to a non-existent court date seem like implausible mistakes to me. Plus the diversionary excuse for being late to return. That seems to weight the scales to her being in on it. The other stuff seems to point toward her being coerced though.
One of the articles also stated that the car arrived at the parking lot 8 minutes after it left the jail, meaning that the vehicle had no intention of going anywhere else. That was a pretty big one for me.

Perhaps it's possible that he threatened her or her family somehow, but the only family that's mentioned is her mom and a sibling or two. She doesn't have any kids and she's a widower.

I'd like to be wrong because you always hate to see good guys helping out the bad guys, but my spidey-sense is screaming that she's helping him.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 12:43 PM   #8
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

If she's not helping him she's probably dead already.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 01:23 PM   #9
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

The logic that gets you to break a criminal out of jail is fascinating. The podcast Criminal did an episode with a woman who did something similar and it was weird how she knew she was wrong but just breezed past that fact while planning. Part of it was that she never thought the plan would work. I wonder if this was similar: they’ll never let me leave with him alone so I don’t have to worry about whether I’ll get caught.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 01:38 PM   #10
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
The logic that gets you to break a criminal out of jail is fascinating. The podcast Criminal did an episode with a woman who did something similar and it was weird how she knew she was wrong but just breezed past that fact while planning. Part of it was that she never thought the plan would work. I wonder if this was similar: they’ll never let me leave with him alone so I don’t have to worry about whether I’ll get caught.
I'll have to check that out.

Now the US Marshal's are saying she definitely participated in helping him escape, they just aren't sure if she was coerced, threatened, etc.

I'm assuming he'd need clothes, but there's no way he's not going to get noticed somehow. Apparently he's 6'7", 265 lbs. That's a pretty good sized dood.

I'd guess they're going to do the same thing people like this always do. They'll head towards the Mexico border, and try to live out their days down there, maybe even a bit further south. She's got a decent amount of money from selling her house. They could probably live on that for awhile.

Old 2nd May 2022, 01:40 PM   #11
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
If she's not helping him she's probably dead already.
I'd say there's a decent chance she was helping him willingly and she still ended up dead.

I suppose there's the chance that there was a mutual friendship between the two, but the cynical side of me thinks that a guy trying to escape prison would be more than happy to manipulate a weaker minded person and then dispose of them once their job was complete. Perhaps a prisoner notices a jailer getting a bit too chummy and decides to see how far they can take things...

Maybe I'm wrong and they're both sunning themselves on some beach in a non-extradition country by now enjoying their new lives, in which case I apologize for disparaging their character.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 2nd May 2022 at 01:42 PM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 02:03 PM   #12
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Now the US Marshal's are saying she definitely participated in helping him escape, they just aren't sure if she was coerced, threatened, etc.
The link to CNN I posted earlier includes statements from the Federal Marshalls saying she participated freely without coercion. Others are still resisting the idea though.
Old 2nd May 2022, 02:10 PM   #13
plague311
Great minds think...

The link to CNN I posted earlier includes statements from the Federal Marshalls saying she participated freely without coercion. Others are still resisting the idea though.
Oh, I must have missed when I read it earlier. It's been 4 days now, so my best guess is they're not in the US anymore.

This is always the part of these situations that intrigue me the most. Trying to figure out the details. The only thing that would make me believe she isn't dead is that they would have found her by now. Maybe not.

I feel like 4 days is a long time, but I bet it feels like a blink when you know you have most of the US seeing your face.

ETA: It looks like source stops short of saying they know, but I think it's fairly to extremely obvious she's helping him. Like you said, some are still resisting the idea.

Quote:
It now looks likely Vicky White acted of her own free will, the sheriff said.

"If she did this willingly, and all indications are that she did," Singleton told CNN's Ryan Young. "I guess we're trying to hold on to that last straw of hope that maybe for some reason she was threatened and did this under coercion... but absolutely you'd feel betrayed," Singleton said Monday.

Last edited by plague311; 2nd May 2022 at 02:13 PM.
Old 2nd May 2022, 02:14 PM   #14
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, I must have missed when I read it earlier.
It was updated since I posted it so it may not have been there when you read it.

I'm taking everything as "fog of war reporting" at the moment.
Old 2nd May 2022, 02:32 PM   #15
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

TV miniseries already in the works, probably....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 02:34 PM   #16
plague311
Great minds think...

It was updated since I posted it so it may not have been there when you read it.

I'm taking everything as "fog of war reporting" at the moment.
That's a great idea as you're probably right.

I wonder how much more complicated cases like these are to investigate. While the possibility is there, there's doubtful much of a digital trail (emails, texts, phone calls). It doesn't appear she talked about him to anyone. They have no idea what car they used to get away in and there are plenty of options considering she had some loose cash. The cops don't seem to have any real leads that I've seen.

This might last for awhile.

Old 2nd May 2022, 03:24 PM   #17
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

ISTM if she sold her house and gave notice of her retirement (aged mid-50's) then she seems to have planned the escape. However, the money from the house isn't going to be in cash so it makes me wonder how she will access it all, not to mention access to her pension income. I can't see the long-term prisoner, White, having any kind of income. They will have to live on the lam, like perhaps Sissy Spacek in 'Badlands'.

Seems she wanted to transform her life and some how thought this was a good idea. It is astonishing how many love letters lifer prisoners get from women all over the world who have never met them.

Plus there is the power play. White apparently designed the prisoner protocols for moving between prison, medics and court, she herself has now blatantly violated. It's almost like, 'take your job and stick it!'

A moment of madness.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 03:30 PM   #18
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

The hommes here was doing time for two counts of capital murder of *checks notes" a woman in her fifties. Seems officer white is not a big believer in recidivism.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 03:58 PM   #19
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

I predict that if she's not already dead, she soon will be.

No Klingon would put up with the GOP's ********.

When you least expect it... EXPECT IT!
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2022, 04:13 PM   #20
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

For some reason I cannot understand, there's a type of woman who falls in love with men like this.

Someone even wrote a book about it, called Women Who Love Men Who Kill: 35 True Stories of Prison Passion. This could be another chapter in that book.
Old 2nd May 2022, 04:24 PM   #21
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Chapter 36: "Who'd have thought he would kill me?"

Old 2nd May 2022, 07:34 PM   #22
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know whether he will kill her. Probably not as long as he thinks she is still useful to him. I'm guessing she planned everything, including where they would go to hide.

BTW, a warrant has been issued for her arrest.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates...arrant-issued/

Could she have bought some place "off the grid" and stocked it with supplies ahead of time for them to go to? Trying to flee to another country seems risky, but with sufficient planning and preparation ahead of time, they may already have a secret home prepared.
Old 2nd May 2022, 07:52 PM   #23
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
I don't know whether he will kill her. Probably not as long as he thinks she is still useful to him. I'm guessing she planned everything, including where they would go to hide.

Could she have bought some place "off the grid" and stocked it with supplies ahead of time for them to go to? Trying to flee to another country seems risky, but with sufficient planning and preparation ahead of time, they may already have a secret home prepared.
He could hide out in the Netherlands where the average height of adult men is over 6 feet. Of course, getting there is still a problem.
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:46 PM   #24
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
He could hide out in the Netherlands where the average height of adult men is over 6 feet. Of course, getting there is still a problem.
A BMI of 29 would be striking there.

As would someone who can only speak English.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2022, 06:53 AM   #25
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post

She seems to have tried to buy time when she told the booking desk officer that she was going on to a medical appointment after dropping White off for a mental evaluation. It wasn't until about 3:30pm it was noticed she was missing. And also him. In that six hour time slot, they could have travelled more than 300 miles at normal speed, so as not to arouse attention by speeding. I reckon there was a third party accomplice in all of this. Perhaps a friend of the prisoner's.

If White's sole aim was because she had been threatened, perhaps with a shank, or because she felt sorry for him, then she could have easily dropped him off at the shopping mall and said, there I've done my bit, byeeee! However, the fact she bought time for him to get away completely, together with handing in her notice and selling her house, does indicate she had every intention of going with him and to set up a new life for herself.

She will have changed her looks and set up fake ID for the pair of them. There will be enough stocks to last a few weeks orr even months. It will just be a question of laying low.

As there are CCTV cameras everywhere, there must have been a way for her to change out of her officers clothing and to don a wig or hat, and likewise, to somehow disguise his prison clothing and height, not to mention strange demeanour from having been inside for so long.

Someone helped them at that stage IMV.

Old 3rd May 2022, 08:49 AM   #26
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
The hommes here was doing time for two counts of capital murder of *checks notes" a woman in her fifties. Seems officer white is not a big believer in recidivism.
Technically he wasn't doing time for the murder yet. He was set to face trial for her killing in the near future, where he would have faced the death penalty. He was in for a crime spree in 2015 where he led the cops on a chase, I think attempted murder was thrown in there. I'm thinking that the escape was planned for now because he was facing that upcoming trial.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
ISTM if she sold her house and gave notice of her retirement (aged mid-50's) then she seems to have planned the escape. However, the money from the house isn't going to be in cash so it makes me wonder how she will access it all, not to mention access to her pension income.
Pension income is obviously out the window as it hadn't even been approved yet, but I'm confused as to why the money from the house wouldn't be in cash? Are houses bought and sold in Alabama differently? It sounds like she sold the home >5 weeks ago, as she had been living with her mom for that long. Why wouldn't she have been able to cash out that money?

Old 3rd May 2022, 08:53 AM   #27
plague311
Great minds think...

Also, to add, it appears that she didn't tell her mother she had put in for retirement either. I don't even know what the point of her putting in for retirement was since there's no way she'd get the money after breaking the law, and it didn't aid in her\his escape in anyway.

It seems like kind of a useless thing to do.

Old 3rd May 2022, 08:57 AM   #28
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

If Officer White sold her house and put in for pension, but was planning to skip town with Casey boy, presumably someone with power of attorney would be transferring her funds offshore? Would such an agent be complicit after the fact?

Old 3rd May 2022, 09:06 AM   #29
plague311
Great minds think...

If Officer White sold her house and put in for pension, but was planning to skip town with Casey boy, presumably someone with power of attorney would be transferring her funds offshore? Would such an agent be complicit after the fact?
Well, she definitely wouldn't be getting any money for her retirement. She had to have known that.

I'm still baffled why we can't assume she'd just have the money for the house? Do you guys sell houses differently than in North Dakota? What happens with your money after you sell the house? Do you not get it? Can you not get it in the form of cash?

Old 3rd May 2022, 09:28 AM   #30
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Well, she definitely wouldn't be getting any money for her retirement. She had to have known that.
I dunno. If someone with PoA set it for direct deposit to outside the States, it might be hard to seize that this early in the proceedings. Especially if she did some kind of lump-sum cash out.

Quote:
I'm still baffled why we can't assume she'd just have the money for the house? Do you guys sell houses differently than in North Dakota? What happens with your money after you sell the house? Do you not get it? Can you not get it in the form of cash?
Depends on the settlement. I didn't catch the net take from the house, but all the settlements I've been to were via a bank note or wire transfer. Disbursing of over I think $20K in cash required the bank to make special arrangements that took days (post 9/11 precautions against criminal jazz).

Old 3rd May 2022, 09:40 AM   #31
plague311
Great minds think...

I dunno. If someone with PoA set it for direct deposit to outside the States, it might be hard to seize that this early in the proceedings. Especially if she did some kind of lump-sum cash out.
Her retirement hasn't been approved though. I can't imagine after breaking an inmate out of prison they're going to approve it, either. So while you may absolutely be right, I don't think she'll see a dime from her retirement.

Depends on the settlement. I didn't catch the net take from the house, but all the settlements I've been to were via a bank note or wire transfer. Disbursing of over I think $20K in cash required the bank to make special arrangements that took days (post 9/11 precautions against criminal jazz).
Sure but the house was sold over 5 weeks ago. I'm not saying any of you are wrong, I just don't see any reason why she couldn't have pulled any amount of money with the amount of time she had. It's starting to look like she had this plan in the works for at least 5ish weeks, and that's at the very least.

Being a cop she had to have known she would need a significant amount of useable money. She can't use debit, credit, etc. (unless she gets some form of pre-paid card, but I doubt they'd allow tens of thousands to be put on it).

All a really good question. We'll have to see it how plays out.

Old 3rd May 2022, 09:50 AM   #32
crescent
Illuminator

Also, to add, it appears that she didn't tell her mother she had put in for retirement either. I don't even know what the point of her putting in for retirement was since there's no way she'd get the money after breaking the law, and it didn't aid in her\his escape in anyway.

My new theory is that she intended to help him (1) escape (claiming the medical appointment to give her extra time to do so), but tried to plan it in a way to give a way to deny responsibility. She would (2) call in and say "Oops!, he got away!!" and keep coming in to work for the last bit before retiring, even as his escape was investigated.

Then she would (3) retire and join him somewhere safe.

But something between (1) and (2) didn't work right for her. It might have been as simple as her realizing that her plan to deny any responsibility for his escape would not work, that she would be suspected and thus unable to access the retirement and house savings - but only realizing that after it was too late to change course.
crescent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2022, 10:26 AM   #33
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

She could have withdrawn the money from her retirement account if she had one. With some U.S. retirement accounts, you can get a debit card that allows you to make withdrawals. If you're not 59.5 years old yet, it can still be done in the form of a loan from your account that you need to pay back or face a penalty for early withdrawal. So even though she wasn't old enough, she could have used this method to "borrow" from her account in amounts small enough to go under the radar. As for any pension, that's now out of the question unless she got a lump sum payment; or she could have sold her rights to it to an annuity company for a lump sum.

As for the house, she probably sold it for cash or a certified bank check she could cash.

No Klingon would put up with the GOP's ********.

When you least expect it... EXPECT IT!

Last edited by shemp; 3rd May 2022 at 10:27 AM.
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2022, 11:04 AM   #34
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
She could have withdrawn the money from her retirement account if she had one. With some U.S. retirement accounts, you can get a debit card that allows you to make withdrawals. If you're not 59.5 years old yet, it can still be done in the form of a loan from your account that you need to pay back or face a penalty for early withdrawal. So even though she wasn't old enough, she could have used this method to "borrow" from her account in amounts small enough to go under the radar. As for any pension, that's now out of the question unless she got a lump sum payment; or she could have sold her rights to it to an annuity company for a lump sum.

As for the house, she probably sold it for cash or a certified bank check she could cash.
Sounds like she needed a police pension.

Small matters like aiding lawbreakers don't seem to be a bar to receiving full benefits there.

Maybe she thought she *was* equivalent to a police officer.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2022, 11:36 AM   #35
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
A BMI of 29 would be striking there.

As would someone who can only speak English.
OK. I'll add "slim down" and "learn Dutch" to the list of possible complications.
Old 3rd May 2022, 11:45 AM   #36
plague311
Great minds think...

Looks like more information has been released including a picture of the suspected vehicle they left in. Other articles have said a "special relationship" has been confirmed between the two, not that it's shocking by any means.

My favorite descriptive line in the aforelinked article:

Quote:
Casey White is 6′ 9″ and weighs about 330 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes. Vicky White is 5″ 5″ and weighs about 145 pounds. She has blonde hair, brown eyes and reportedly has a waddling gait.
Ouch, talk about putting her on blast.

"Calling all cars, calling all cars, please be on the lookout for a female version of 'The Penguin' from Batman. She has little arms and is dangerous...ish"

Old 3rd May 2022, 11:52 AM   #37
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

"Ah yeah, dispatch, we are reporting to the scene of a dead female carrying empty sacks with big dollar signs on them. Reports of a suspect resembling the creature from the Patterson Film lumbering away from the scene".

Old 3rd May 2022, 01:45 PM   #38
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Spring is the season for romance.
Prom
Old 3rd May 2022, 02:11 PM   #39
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Technically he wasn't doing time for the murder yet. He was set to face trial for her killing in the near future, where he would have faced the death penalty. He was in for a crime spree in 2015 where he led the cops on a chase, I think attempted murder was thrown in there. I'm thinking that the escape was planned for now because he was facing that upcoming trial.

Pension income is obviously out the window as it hadn't even been approved yet, but I'm confused as to why the money from the house wouldn't be in cash? Are houses bought and sold in Alabama differently? It sounds like she sold the home >5 weeks ago, as she had been living with her mom for that long. Why wouldn't she have been able to cash out that money?
I didn't realise she had sold her house five or six weeks ago, I thought it was more recent. I guess if it was a modest amount, then taking out $50K here and there in cash wouldn't be too difficult. Problem is, many utility providers only want bank transfers and need a bank account as ID. I guess she could get a rented place under a false name or even buy a place in cash (???) and then get utilities via a meter and pay bills over the bank counter. Get prepaid SIMS or pay-as-you. If she set up a bank account under a false name, then any bank transfer can be traced by the bank and her location can be found that way.

It has been confirmed the pair had developed a 'special relationship'. This means she could have planned it over several months, every detail carefully thought out and put into operation, including new ID. But there is always one detail a criminal will overlook, and that will be what leads to their capture.

If the money is all in cash, the felon has no need to carry on pretending he has feelings (she's 20 years older and had what he needed to escape) - after all, anyone who can coldly stab a complete stranger, a sweet elderly woman, with a knife, and make out he was hired to do it - what is to stop him topping her and fleeing with the cash. He is clearly a cold-blooded sociopath so I wonder if he does have any feelings for her or even any sense of gratitude or respect. Maybe for now. While the heat is on.

Old 3rd May 2022, 02:17 PM   #40
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Wouldn't she be legally entitled to her pension, as any conviction cannot cancel it out, albeit she might not get access whilst in jail and can't whilst on the lam. Your pension isn't triggered until you apply for it, and she seems to have done this early. Maybe she's hoping it'll accumulate in the meantime ready for her to claim it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events