ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old Today, 07:41 AM   #2561
CriticalThanking
Designated Hitter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: On in memory
Posts: 2,869
Originally Posted by doronshadmi View Post
The predicted result is Unity consciousness among human beings in daily life, exactly because my mathematical framework is inseparable of our brain, and our brain is inseparable of reality as already briefly explained in http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2342.
I apologize. I should have been more specific. Is there a specific numerical result that differs from standard mathematics as a result of your approach? Is there some currently unsolved mathematical problem for which your mathematics provides a solution?

If the only thing your mathematics does is predict Unity Consciousness(tm), then your thread is truly in the correct subforum and I shall give it the attention it deserves here.
CriticalThanking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:51 AM   #2562
doronshadmi
Penultimate Amazing
 
doronshadmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,508
Originally Posted by CriticalThanking View Post
I apologize. I should have been more specific. Is there a specific numerical result that differs from standard mathematics as a result of your approach? Is there some currently unsolved mathematical problem for which your mathematics provides a solution?
The agreements that are based on standard mathematics can't deal with the real nature of endless larger or endless smaller things (where numbers are some particular case of such things) exactly because it defines the endless larger or endless smaller in terms of fixed values.
__________________
As long as Comparison is impossible because of the imbalance of one's mind, new glasses will not help.
----
If a tree falls in the forest, and no one’s there to see it, the tree and ground still measure each other. ( http://www.askamathematician.com )
doronshadmi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:09 AM   #2563
CriticalThanking
Designated Hitter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: On in memory
Posts: 2,869
That would be a "no", then.

Thanks for the response.
CriticalThanking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:38 PM   #2564
doronshadmi
Penultimate Amazing
 
doronshadmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,508
Originally Posted by CriticalThanking View Post
That would be a "no", then.

Thanks for the response.
For you and any other person that defines endless larger or endless smaller things by fixed values, and as a result he\she does not understand the non-composed substance of them.

More details are already given in http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2342, but you simply ignore them, exactly because you get open mathematical challenges in terms of symbolic-only reasoning, where my mathematical framework is based on at least visual AND symbolic brain skills (which is a fundamental term that your seek after symbolic-only solutions simply can't comprehend).

Take, for example, the fundamental concept of set as defined by using visual AND symbolic brain skills ( http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2438).

Standard Mathematics can't actually comprehend this fundamental concept exactly because its reasoning is based on symbolic-only bran skills.
__________________
As long as Comparison is impossible because of the imbalance of one's mind, new glasses will not help.
----
If a tree falls in the forest, and no one’s there to see it, the tree and ground still measure each other. ( http://www.askamathematician.com )

Last edited by doronshadmi; Today at 02:57 PM.
doronshadmi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:02 PM   #2565
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor
Moderator
 
jsfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,815
Originally Posted by doronshadmi View Post
For you and any other person that defines endless larger or endless smaller things by fixed values, and as a result he\she does not understand the non-composed substance of them.
That would be Mathematics you are talking about. It works. It tends to be consistent. You don't like it. We get that.

Quote:
More details are already given in http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2342, but you simply ignore them, exactly because you get open mathematical challenges in terms of symbolic-only reasoning, where my mathematical framework is based on at least visual AND symbolic brain skills (which is a fundamental term that your seek after symbolic-only solutions simply can't comprehend).
You and details are strangers. The link you provide is more evidence. However, as for your "mathematical framework", you seem content to continually tell us how Mathematics is wrong, but you never say what would be right (according to your framework). You post negatives, and you define nothing.

One would suspect it is because you have nothing.
__________________
A proud member of the Simpson 15+7, named in the suit, Simpson v. Zwinge, et al., and founder of the ET Corn Gods Survivors Group.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:02 PM   #2566
doronshadmi
Penultimate Amazing
 
doronshadmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,508
Originally Posted by jsfisher View Post
However, as for your "mathematical framework", you seem content to continually tell us how Mathematics is wrong, but you never say what would be right (according to your framework). You post negatives, and you define nothing.
Your argument has no basis.

In order to realize it, all is needed is to observe http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2564 inducing all the attached links.
__________________
As long as Comparison is impossible because of the imbalance of one's mind, new glasses will not help.
----
If a tree falls in the forest, and no one’s there to see it, the tree and ground still measure each other. ( http://www.askamathematician.com )
doronshadmi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:59 PM   #2567
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor
Moderator
 
jsfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,815
Originally Posted by doronshadmi View Post
Your argument has no basis.
Others would disagree.

Quote:
In order to realize it, all is needed is to observe http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2564 inducing all the attached links.
One post at a time, please.

In the linked post, you begin with:
Originally Posted by doronshadmi View Post
For you and any other person that defines endless larger or endless smaller things by fixed values, and as a result he\she does not understand the non-composed substance of them.
That's riddled with negativity.

Then you conclude with:
Quote:
Standard Mathematics can't actually comprehend this fundamental concept exactly because its reasoning is based on symbolic-only bran skills.
That's telling us that Mathematics is wrong.

So, yeah, my post is not baseless at all. You even provided a fine example to support my post.
__________________
A proud member of the Simpson 15+7, named in the suit, Simpson v. Zwinge, et al., and founder of the ET Corn Gods Survivors Group.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.