ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Breitbart.com , donald trump , hillary clinton , Steve Bannon

Old 14th October 2016, 07:28 AM   #1
NoahFence
Banned

Breitbart MUST be destroyed.

Period.

They are responsible for this.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 07:30 AM   #2
mijopaalmc
Philosopher

Care to elaborate?
mijopaalmc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 07:41 AM   #3
Aepervius
Non credunt, semper verificare

Maybe a humour thread ? Britebart is nothing AFAIK, Breitbart OTOH is infamous.

or it is a typo and those "infamous" people did another stupid thing.
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 08:06 AM   #4
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Rainbow Britebart? She's the worst!
Old 14th October 2016, 09:17 AM   #5
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Andrew Breitbart, of course, has been dead for quite some time, having been personally murdered by Barrack Obama Hillary Clinton.
Old 14th October 2016, 09:26 AM   #6
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by mijopaalmc View Post
Care to elaborate?
The piece of **** that runs Britebart also runs the Trump campaign.

The Trump campaign appears to not be willing to stop until he's destroyed the country. All because of the uppity ****** that destroyed him at the Correspondent's dinner.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 09:30 AM   #7
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Noah it's Breitbart, not Britebart.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 09:32 AM   #8
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
I think it's spelled "Bannon."
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 09:42 AM   #9
DuvalHMFIC
Graduate Poster

Mr. Trump is not going to attain the Presidency, so I couldn't care less about Brightbart.
Old 14th October 2016, 09:42 AM   #10
NoahFence
Banned

Like I give a ****.
Old 14th October 2016, 09:43 AM   #11
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by DuvalHMFIC View Post
Mr. Trump is not going to attain the Presidency, so I couldn't care less about Brightbart.
The damage is going to go far beyond this election, I'm afraid. These people are an unhinged, existential threat to this country.
Old 14th October 2016, 09:49 AM   #12
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post

The Trump campaign appears to not be willing to stop until he's destroyed the country. All because of the uppity ****** that destroyed him at the Correspondent's dinner.

First of all, Trump has been considering running for President at least since the 1990s, long before Obama's career started. Second, Trump had set the tone of his campaign long before Bannon became involved.

Third, I don't think that blaming a media outlet is ever correct. Breitbart didn't exist in a vacuum. Its popularity comes from the fact that people wanted to read such content. The desire for the website predated the website. At best, it is only a single part of a complicated feedback loop. Destroying it (even if Constitutionally possible) wouldn't change anything.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 09:59 AM   #13
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Like I give a ****.
But if you are going to nuke them from orbit, you're going to need the correct co-ordinates. You won't get the correct co-ordinates if you enter the wrong name into the control gizmo.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 10:04 AM   #14
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

The irony here is quite astonishing.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 10:19 AM   #15
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
The irony here is quite astonishing.
Do tell.

How is it ironic that I'm upset a bunch of retards are trying to destroy the country?
Old 14th October 2016, 10:33 AM   #16
fuelair
Banned

and there is no Bright in it at all - it is dull and stupid and malodourous!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 10:35 AM   #17
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Butthurt it is then.
Old 14th October 2016, 10:38 AM   #18
fuelair
Banned

Do tell.

How is it ironic that I'm upset a bunch of retards are trying to destroy the country?
What is really funny is those incompetent tools and liars actually think they are trying to save it - or are sly and make their slovenly, incompetent followers believe that. Either way, the are really just malevolent thugs dressed like real persons.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 10:44 AM   #19
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Do tell.

Isn't that exactly what the Breitbart guy and Trump would say Hillary is planning to do?
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 10:50 AM   #20
NoahFence
Banned

Isn't that exactly what the Breitbart guy and Trump would say Hillary is planning to do?
Yes, but here's the key difference that's flying right over many a head:

There is actual evidence of Trump declaring a desire to destroy this country.

Hillary, not so much.
Old 14th October 2016, 11:42 AM   #21
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Hillary, not so much.
Feel free to present your actual evidence of Trump declaring a desire to destroy this country. I feel quite certain that you have a direct quote from him that does not require any interpretation at all--something along the lines of "I have a yuge desire to destroy the USA."

Or is it all just your interpretation of things he has said?
Old 14th October 2016, 11:48 AM   #22
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Hillary, not so much.
And yet, Hillary pushed for Trump to win the Republican nomination. If he's really such a threat to our very survival, what does that say about Hillary?
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 11:55 AM   #23
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Do tell.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

And everybody hates the Jews, but it's national brotherhood week, national brotherhood week....

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 12:00 PM   #24
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
And yet, Hillary pushed for Trump to win the Republican nomination. If he's really such a threat to our very survival, what does that say about Hillary?
I can't wait to see you source that.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:01 PM   #25
Drewbot
Philosopher

Really? Putin is about to use tactical nukes in Syria, and you are worried about Breitbart?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 12:02 PM   #26
NoahFence
Banned

Feel free to present your actual evidence of Trump declaring a desire to destroy this country. I feel quite certain that you have a direct quote from him that does not require any interpretation at all--something along the lines of "I have a yuge desire to destroy the USA."

Or is it all just your interpretation of things he has said?
Jail his opponents.
Muzzle the press.
Make nice with world despots.
Call for "2nd Amendment Solutions"

Take the *********** blinders off, kiddo.

I suppose if (when?) he outright calls for violence, you'll ignore that too.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:03 PM   #27
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Really? Putin is about to use tactical nukes in Syria, and you are worried about Breitbart?
I'm worried about the (lack of) mentality they espouse and the growing numbers of people who embrace it.

This whole Trump fiasco has a real chance to be one of the moments in US history that doesn't get forgotten. Up there with 9/11 or Pearl Harbor only in slow motion.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:07 PM   #28
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Where have you read about that?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 12:09 PM   #29
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Jail his opponents.
Muzzle the press.
Make nice with world despots.
Call for "2nd Amendment Solutions"

Take the *********** blinders off, kiddo.

I suppose if (when?) he outright calls for violence, you'll ignore that too.
I've got a guy within shouting distance from where I now sit that would agree 110% with you on everything but the bolded, except he believes it about President Obama.

You're working the low end of the street, and I don't like the guy (Trump) anymore than you do.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 12:21 PM   #30
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

I can't wait to see you source that.
Hillary's own campaign emails. She tried to pull a McCaskill/Akin. Was this not obvious even before the email leaked? It should have been.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 12:31 PM   #31
NoahFence
Banned

Hillary's own campaign emails. She tried to pull a McCaskill/Akin. Was this not obvious even before the email leaked? It should have been.
#1 - Assuming that's true is a stretch.

#2 - If it IS true, then so what? She knew Donald Trump. She knew all this stuff was coming. If you were trying to win something, anything, wouldn't it be easier to do so against a complete and total moron?
Old 14th October 2016, 12:34 PM   #32
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

That she thinks he'd be easiest to beat. What else?

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 14th October 2016 at 12:36 PM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 12:37 PM   #33
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

That she thinks he'd be easiest to beat. What else?

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 01:07 PM   #34
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

#1 - Assuming that's true is a stretch.
There's no assumption involved here, but it's funny to see you try to cover your ignorance with denialism.

Quote:
#2 - If it IS true, then so what? She knew Donald Trump. She knew all this stuff was coming. If you were trying to win something, anything, wouldn't it be easier to do so against a complete and total moron?
I'm sure she thought exactly that. But the point is, easier or not, Trump might still win. The odds aren't 0%. Hillary is willing to risk Trump being president. So again, what does that say about Hillary?
Old 14th October 2016, 01:11 PM   #35
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Not sure how long Breitbart will survive after this election. When Trump loses it will be obvious that the publication is controlled by the (((Bunnies))).
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 01:24 PM   #36
NoahFence
Banned

There's no assumption involved here, but it's funny to see you try to cover your ignorance with denialism.
'Cuz nothing's going fishy with these wikileaks, huh? Nothing questionable?

Quote:
I'm sure she thought exactly that. But the point is, easier or not, Trump might still win. The odds aren't 0%. Hillary is willing to risk Trump being president. So again, what does that say about Hillary?
That she's intelligent and weighed the pros and cons.

Any chance of you discussing the matter at hand? That Breitbart is playing a huge part in the dumbing down of America? Or do you not notice for plainly obvious reasons?
Old 14th October 2016, 01:50 PM   #37
Belz...
Fiend God

Amazing. You're so dead-set against Hillary that you're setting yourself up to blame Trump on her?

Is there any evil she's not responsible for?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 02:28 PM   #38
Wolrab
Illuminator

True colors are showing through.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 02:42 PM   #39
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Amazing. You're so dead-set against Hillary that you're setting yourself up to blame Trump on her?

Is there any evil she's not responsible for?
Jar Jar Binks.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 02:44 PM   #40
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
Jar Jar Binks.
Also New Coke. I don't think that one was her.

"Does [A'isha] want to end up in a gas chamber, I wonder? Because this is where the whole thing will end" - McHrozni
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics