ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , bigfoot sightings , NAWAC

Old 21st July 2019, 11:33 AM   #201
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
No, just a video from Area X.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5tsoZwxrqUU
Strange. The eye-shine segment towards the end. There they were, virtually face to face with a Wood Ape, and they marvel at what they are seeing. Why didn't they put a bullet right between the eye-shine eyes. That's what they are there to do, right?
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2019, 04:43 AM   #202
Drewbot
Philosopher

Owl shooting
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2019, 01:27 PM   #203
The Shrike
Philosopher

See an owl. Hear an owl. Must be a wood ape!
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2019, 06:20 AM   #204
Drewbot
Philosopher

I don't know where we got the coords from the NAWAC people, but I was going through some old Imageshack stuff and found this.

[IMG][/IMG]
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2019, 10:50 AM   #205
Drewbot
Philosopher

I have some names for future NAWAC expeditions. I think rather than name them like an Army Operation, they should name them after eventful dates in NAWAC History.

ALREADY USED NAMES:
Operation Endurance
Operation Forest Vigil

NAMES FOR FUTURE EXPEDITIONS:
Operation Rock Chucker
Operation Nut Crushing Station
Operation Giant Slingshot
Operation Fallen Log Mimic
Operation Tree Shaker
Operation Lotsa Bears There
Operation Really Rough Entrance Road
Operation Shoot At The Bush While Tripping On a Chair
Operation It's Coming Right For Us
Operation So Remote, The Kids Can Barely Drive Their Cars To Make Out Within Range
of Shotgun Rounds.
Operation It's An Owl
Operation Rob Lowe Wuz Here

Can you come up with more?
Old 13th August 2019, 12:17 PM   #206
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
I have some names for future NAWAC expeditions. I think rather than name them like an Army Operation, they should name them after eventful dates in NAWAC History.

ALREADY USED NAMES:
Operation Endurance
Operation Forest Vigil

Operation Rock Chucker
Operation Tree Shaker
Operation So Remote, The Kids Can Barely Drive Their Cars To Make Out Within Range
of Shotgun Rounds.
Operation It's An Owl

Operation Hillbilly Vacation
Operation Ain't Got Dick
Operation P.T. Barnum
Operation DWA Wet Dream
Operation WSA Me Too!

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 07:33 AM   #207
rockysmith76
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Operation Hillbilly Vacation
Operation Ain't Got Dick
Operation P.T. Barnum
Operation DWA Wet Dream
Operation WSA Me Too!
subtle you aint. Funny though.
rockysmith76 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2019, 11:37 AM   #208
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 View Post
subtle you aint. Funny though.
Bigfooters can't even recognize the joke Roger Patterson played on them 50+ years ago; they don't do subtlety.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 08:54 AM   #209
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Operation DWA Wet Dream
Operation WSA Me Too!
bwahahaha!

I've often wondered if those two were the same dude.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2019, 02:39 PM   #210
Jodie
Philosopher

ALREADY USED NAMES:
Operation Endurance
Operation Forest Vigil

Operation Rock Chucker
Operation Tree Shaker
of Shotgun Rounds.
Operation It's An Owl

LOLOLOL....the stupid names for those "missions" always got me.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2019, 03:34 PM   #211
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

ALREADY USED NAMES:
Operation Endurance
Operation Forest Vigil

Operation Rock Chucker
Operation Tree Shaker
Operation So Remote, The Kids Can Barely Drive Their Cars To Make Out Within Range of Shotgun Rounds.
Operation It's An Owl

I forgot how funny some of those were.

So anyway they need to cough up a beast and cough it up fast. That NAWAC has been around 10+ years now and not only is there no NAWAC beast, there's no pictures of one nor pictures of anything at all. In the bizzaro world they'd say 'that's quite the conservation effort there'.

"Eh, we don't need to bother recording anything. That just takes a lot of time we don't have, if you know what I mean. Trust me, we're hot on his trail. HOT I tell ya." - Ed "The Operator" Schlegl, NAWAC Lifetime Member in Hiding

How does that work exactly? Vomit all manner of "wicked lies" and then immediately run and hide from any and all questions? Constantly pretend next time is going to be the one? Come out with another 100 page "monograph" on the absolute quality of attention that was paid to getting the batteries right in all the devices while chasing some ghost nobody ever actually saw? And all of it as they passively use their inactive memberships here on this very board to shield themselves from a far more harsh criticism.

Come out, come out, wherever you are! Where's the beast NAWACs?
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2019, 06:53 AM   #212
Drewbot
Philosopher

If you think they're there to actually find a beast, then you don't know BLAARGING very well.

I think ABP compared it to Roger Patterson's Bangkok trip. If you think he was in Bangkok looking for Bigfoot, you don't know BLAARGING very well.
Old 17th October 2019, 11:30 AM   #213
rockysmith76
Graduate Poster

If you think they're there to actually find a beast, then you don't know BLAARGING very well.

I think ABP compared it to Roger Patterson's Bangkok trip. If you think he was in Bangkok looking for Bigfoot, you don't know BLAARGING very well.
Blaarging isn't a word.
Neither bigfooters or Parcher are really real.
rockysmith76 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2019, 11:33 AM   #214
Drewbot
Philosopher

Parcher, sock?

You got it locked down yet?
Old 17th October 2019, 12:10 PM   #215
rockysmith76
Graduate Poster

Parcher, sock?

You got it locked down yet?
you seem cranky today.
Old 17th October 2019, 02:06 PM   #216
Drewbot
Philosopher

Yes I'm cranky...
Still haven't gotten clarification on what the NAWAC means when they say "Virgin Forest"

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 17th October 2019, 02:31 PM   #217
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Blaarging isn't a word.
Except that I showed you evidence that it was. You dismissed it with a one-word denial and refused to engage in any followup.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2019, 03:10 PM   #218
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Yes I'm cranky...
Still haven't gotten clarification on what the NAWAC means when they say "Virgin Forest"
Dreaming about saving virgins from sasquatches in the forest, obviously.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2019, 11:39 AM   #219
rockysmith76
Graduate Poster

Yes I'm cranky...

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img703/2443/6mx.gif" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="https://imageshack.c...mx.gif</a></a>
No idea. Buck up little Buckaroo. Pretty sure Parcher isn't a sock, he's been here seemingly forever.
Old 22nd October 2019, 06:07 AM   #220
Drewbot
Philosopher

The Wood Apes that occupied Pancake Ridge, in the spring of 2014 are still recovering from the shelling that the NAWAC unleashed on the ridge, in hopes of softening up the Wood Ape positions...

Over 8 tons of munitions were expended during that fateful battle.

Quote:
18:15 – Sievert, Eltringham, and Burrows use a giant slingshot provided by Tod Pinkerton to launch rocks up onto the mountain slope north of the cabin. The men launched about ten rocks from golf ball- to near baseball-size, with some hitting trees and others hitting the ground up on the slope. There seemed to be no immediate response to the men’s “harassing fire.”

18:20 – Intent on zeroing at least one of the Overwatch weapons so that OW could be provided that night, McAndrews began firing the first shots from the Marlin 1895GBL .45-70 with just the ATN ThoR mounted. (Note: We had originally configured the weapons with red dot scopes in front of the thermal scopes but had decided to remove the red dot to improve field of view. This necessitated re-zeroing of the scopes’ reticles.)
https://thebigfoot.show/2014/07/10/tree-trouble/

Last edited by Drewbot; 22nd October 2019 at 06:11 AM.
Old 22nd October 2019, 09:06 AM   #221
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
Dreaming about saving virgins from sasquatches in the forest, obviously.
Or vigin males dreaming of losing their virginity to a female squatch.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2019, 03:28 AM   #222
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Or vigin males dreaming of losing their virginity to a female squatch.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2019, 05:31 AM   #223
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Boss of the Woods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crumb.jpg (75.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 24th October 2019, 06:52 PM   #224
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Boss of the Woods.
Roger and Patty's daughter?
Old 30th June 2020, 03:50 PM   #225
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Some video shot in the Kiamichi Mountains by a non-NAWAC fellow, a true believer. He meanders as he tells stories and shows us around the area he researches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC5q-J1NiQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN5ehimEPRw&t=620s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwdC1HwzBhY&t=7s
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2020, 06:06 PM   #226
Pacal
Graduate Poster

ALREADY USED NAMES:
Operation Endurance
Operation Forest Vigil

Operation Rock Chucker
Operation Tree Shaker
of Shotgun Rounds.
Operation It's An Owl

How about

Operation We're Coming! We're Coming!

Followed by

Operation All Over Us! All Over Us!
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2020, 07:36 AM   #227
Drewbot
Philosopher

I DECLARE THE WOOD APES TO BE: EXTINCT.

8/12/2020
Old 12th August 2020, 08:10 PM   #228
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

8/12/2020
But I'll bet their tax exempt status is still quite alive.

Remember that all your outdoor expenses, your equipment, travel and meals, incidentals, etc. are tax-deductible.

I think you can get a straight per diem instead of having to submit receipts for actual expenses. You can look up the maximum per diem rates the feds publish every year by city or region. In Oklahoma it is $105 for lodging and $61 for meals and incidentals. So $166 per day.

A little week-end trip that's just a hundred miles is going to get you $57.5 x 2 = $115 in mileage deduction. Three days at $166 if you leave on Friday, that's $498, so the Grand Total $613 to write off your taxes even if you only bought $25 in gas and slept in your car.

We have really underestimated the value of this fraud for tax purposes.

Last edited by AlaskaBushPilot; 12th August 2020 at 08:13 PM. Reason: I think
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2020, 08:11 PM   #229
EHocking
Philosopher

8/12/2020
This is simply untrue.
By definition.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2020, 09:23 PM   #230
whatsthedreamnow
Scholar

No quality anecdotes for what, 2 years? Sadly, I have to concur. The Wood Ape is dead. Long live the Wood Ape.
whatsthedreamnow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2020, 09:24 PM   #231
whatsthedreamnow
Scholar

Dupe
whatsthedreamnow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2020, 04:59 AM   #232
rockysmith76
Graduate Poster

8/12/2020
If you're saying they don't exist they can't be extinct. What an embarrassing fail.
Old 13th August 2020, 05:00 AM   #233
rockysmith76
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by whatsthedreamnow View Post
No quality anecdotes for what, 2 years? Sadly, I have to concur. The Wood Ape is dead. Long live the Wood Ape.
nonexistent doesn't mean extinct; even if sarcasm it's lame sarcasm.
Old 13th August 2020, 05:05 AM   #234
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

How do you know they were non existent?
If they are extinct you wouldn't see any!!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2020, 11:47 AM   #235
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by whatsthedreamnow View Post
Dupe
Yes. Yes, they all are.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2020, 08:55 AM   #236
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I don't think that the NAWAC people actually think that Bigfoot exists. But I do think that they have invited people to Area X who do believe.
Old 20th August 2020, 10:05 PM   #237
whatsthedreamnow
Scholar

I'm sorry you're sour. We would all like to hear about your latest sighting, what prevented you from collecting evidence, etc.
Old 18th September 2020, 07:37 PM   #238
Jodie
Philosopher

Not to be off topic, just dropping in to say hello. I was away for awhile and was hoping everyone was doing well.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal