ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 20th August 2019, 09:07 PM   #321
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

So it ends with the Christmas shopping boost?
Old 20th August 2019, 09:12 PM   #322
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Interesting bit of news that got buried: at the same event at which he accused Democrat-voting Jews of "disloyalty", just before that statement grabbed all the press; apparently Trump conceded that there might be a "small, two-month recession" on the way, but that it's okay because it's necessary in order to ultimately win the trade war. This despite him and his advisers in recent days expounding that there's absolutely no evidence of an impending recession.
Trump's Daily To-do List
  1. Ramp up a trade war with China.
  2. Buy Greenland from the Danes because they make nice pastries.
  3. Say "BUILD THAT WALL!" one more time just to keep that wheel spinning.
  4. Encourage a Nazi somewhere. Anywhere will do.
  5. Accuse the Yids of disloyalty and being Democrats, or preferably both.
  6. Deny that his stupidity caused a global recession.
  7. Rage against the black Democrat Muslim women for any reason at all.
  8. Lose his way between the car and the plane.
  9. Drop an umbrella at the door.
  10. Cheat at golf.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 20th August 2019 at 09:22 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 09:46 PM   #323
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Trump's Daily To-do List
  1. Ramp up a trade war with China.
  2. Buy Greenland from the Danes because they make nice pastries.
  3. Say "BUILD THAT WALL!" one more time just to keep that wheel spinning.
  4. Encourage a Nazi somewhere. Anywhere will do.
  5. Accuse the Yids of disloyalty and being Democrats, or preferably both.
  6. Deny that his stupidity caused a global recession.
  7. Rage against the black Democrat Muslim women for any reason at all.
  8. Lose his way between the car and the plane.
  9. Drop an umbrella at the door.
  10. Cheat at golf.

Beautiful!
Old 20th August 2019, 10:14 PM   #324
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Why would anyone want to get this clueless lout involved in discussions any more complicated than "So what'll we serve, Chocolate or Vanilla"?
Re: India...birds of a feather and all that. The right wing BJP that currently forms the government is a big supporter of Trump to the extent that party workers actually celebrate his Birthday and they actually performed religious ceremonies to ensure his win in the elections in 2016.
As for being clueless, the current cabinet can equal, if not outdo, Trump in that area.
Old 20th August 2019, 10:27 PM   #325
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
Re: India...birds of a feather and all that. The right wing BJP that currently forms the government is a big supporter of Trump to the extent that party workers actually celebrate his Birthday and they actually performed religious ceremonies to ensure his win in the elections in 2016.
As for being clueless, the current cabinet can equal, if not outdo, Trump in that area.
OK that's really weird.
Old 20th August 2019, 11:15 PM   #326
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Kim has always been firing missiles into the ocean; Trump's "tactics" have not had a meaningful effect on the situation.
He has changed his position from "Imma nuke you!" to exchanging love letters.

It's also notable that Kim has ceased making threats against USA, and is firing missiles on trajectories not towards US and its allies.

The situation is completely different to what it was in 2017.
Old 20th August 2019, 11:21 PM   #327
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post

It's also notable that Kim has ceased making threats against USA, and is firing missiles on trajectories not towards US and its allies.

The situation is completely different to what it was in 2017.
Was Kim ever considered a real threat to the US? Wasn't it more to US interests in East Asia. He is still trying to undermine US relations with East Asia and he has got a willing participant in Trump.
Old 20th August 2019, 11:41 PM   #328
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

The situation is worse. South Korea and Japan are substantially at more risk now.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 12:03 AM   #329
Arcade22
Philosopher

Trump was probably so worked up and excited about buying Greenland, and then this sick bitch came along to crush his dreams. SAD!
Old 21st August 2019, 12:29 AM   #330
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
It can’t?

The money didn’t come out of President Trump’s pocket, did it?
President Trump didn’t decide that these people should be plaplaced in this position, did he?

I have a hard time placing this in top 300 most discussion-worthy comments and actions from DJT.
It's related to Trump, but... it would be Shell that should be condemned, pretty obviously, right?

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Reading through your explanation, it made me wonder if there's a legal requirement for something like this. As far as getting paid that is, since it's not technically a "rally" it was considered a government function of the POTUS.

Are the contractors\employers required in any way to give them payment given that the plant had to close (I assume for security reasons)?
This is one of those cases where... if this somehow wasn't actually a campaign finance law violation, it really should be. It's also a case where we can reasonably expect Republicans to do their best to make sure there will be no legal consequences.

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
This is unfair. He allowed that they could be displaying "a total lack of knowledge".

So not all Jews who support Democrats are disloyal. Some of them may be stupid.
Given that Jews have consistently and overwhelmingly been voting for Democratic Party candidates for quite a while now... how long do you predict until he starts outright calling them vermin?

Holy mother of **** he was actually serious about it.

My god, when will this nightmare end?
Of course he was serious? What would have made you think he wasn't? Before you answer that, of course, take into account that this is Trump that we're talking about.

In other news...

Tipster Claims ‘Inappropriate Efforts to Influence’ Presidential Tax Audit

Quote:
An unnamed tipster gave a House panel “credible allegations” about potential attempts to influence the Internal Revenue Service’s audit of the president’s tax returns, according to a Tuesday court filing.

The filing comes in a lawsuit filed by the House Ways and Means Committee against the Trump administration, seeking to force the government to comply with a statutory demand from committee chair Rep. Richard Neal (D-MA) for President Trump’s tax returns.

In an Aug. 8 letter to Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, Neal wrote that his committee had “received an unsolicited communication from a Federal employee setting forth credible allegations of ‘evidence of possible misconduct.'”

Those allegations go to “potential ‘inappropriate efforts to influence'” the IRS’s mandatory audit of every president, Neal wrote.
It's unfortunate that we're in a position where it would actually be more of a surprise for said tipster to be lying.

Trump Inflating Scottish Golf Resorts’ Value By $165 Million, Per UK Filings
The president told British authorities the properties are a combined $65 million in the red. His U.S. disclosures say they’re worth at least $100 million.

Quote:
His U.S. disclosure statement also fails to mention $199.5 million in loans Trump has made to those resorts: $54.9 million from him personally to Trump International, Scotland in Aberdeenshire; $144.6 million from his trust to Trump Turnberry in Ayrshire.

Knowingly providing false or incomplete information on that form is a violation of the Ethics in Government Act punishable by up to a year in jail. Signing the form attesting to the untrue information constitutes making a false statement, punishable by up to five years in prison.

“The numbers don’t appear to add up,” said Virginia Canter, an ethics law expert with Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. She added, though, that OGE regulations give filers a fair amount of latitude in determining asset value. “That said, it’s not at all clear after reviewing the U.K. balance sheet for Aberdeen how they came to $50 million. … I think it raises legitimate questions.”

Last edited by Aridas; 21st August 2019 at 12:32 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 01:35 AM   #331
TofuFighter
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Trump's Daily To-do List
  1. .....
Tweeted to trump.
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 02:42 AM   #332
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Trump has changed his position, but he changes positions like people change underwear so that doesn't really matter.

And everywhere North Korea fires a missile is at a US ally, the country is essentially surrounded by South Korea and Japan.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 02:48 AM   #333
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Right, but just because you explain something every way you can think of doesn't mean that other people will agree with your explanation or your viewpoint. It doesn't mean you're right.
No, it just means that I don't know how else to get through to you guys. Agree with me, already!

Quote:
Ok, did he say that? I haven't seen anyone here claim that Trump was paying them, or even imply it. I might have missed some ****.
I quoted him directly:

Originally Posted by McHrozni View Post
This seems relevant.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9064066.html

Trump (or his rich backers) are paying people to attend his rallies.
Once it comes down to paying people to attend your rallies ... you lost. Period.

McHrozni

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 02:52 AM   #334
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
You did, you said they get their regular pay (some pay), just not the overtime.
And how does that translate into "so what?"?

I specifically said that I probably consider it even worse than the misleading title.

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Nope, those that attended were clocked in and were paid for that time. That's paying them to attend as well as letting those know who didn't attend that they wouldn't be making their normal pay.
In the same way that if my attendance to a seminar at work is mandatory I'm paid to attend, but not in the same way that if I'm minding my own business and someone approaches me to attend a seminar for money.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 03:00 AM   #335
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Who exactly does he think they're being "disloyal" to?

The assumption is Trump was referring to Israel, but last time I checked, Israel was a separate country from the U.S., and being a citizen of one did not automatically make you a citizen of the other.
Has President Trump ever used the phrase “great disloyalty” to apply to anyone or anything other than himself? His entire worldview is to measure each entity’s loyalty to himself at that particular moment. It doesn’t matter how many bullets you took for him last year or how many sacrifices you’ve made for him in the past, it is all based on how loyal someone is right now. No shade of gray, no scales used to consider the whole of one’s loyalty. If you say I agree with him on 99% of everything he says, but I disagree on this one point, then you are a traitor. There are small children who have more emotional maturity than President Trump.
Old 21st August 2019, 03:33 AM   #336
jeremyp
Muse

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Wait. Was that really the purpose of the meeting?
No.

It was a state visit. He was invited by the Queen of Denmark. The sale of Greenland would never have been on the agenda.

Quote:
Holy cow. I just thought he had a meeting planned and the news about Greenland was mostly coincidental. Do you suppose that until the news broke, the Danes had no idea he wanted to meet in order to talk real estate?
I see two possible explanations for the current narrative:

1. Trump wanted to get out of going to Denmark, so he floated this crazy idea that Denmark was sure to reject and then used their rejection as his excuse for not going.

2. Trump was serious about buying Greenland and has cancelled as part of his tantrum resulting from the rejection.

Last edited by jeremyp; 21st August 2019 at 03:34 AM. Reason: linky
jeremyp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 03:39 AM   #337
TofuFighter
Master Poster

Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
No.

It was a state visit. He was invited by the Queen of Denmark. The sale of Greenland would never have been on the agenda.

1. Trump wanted to get out of going to Denmark, so he floated this crazy idea that Denmark was sure to reject and then used their rejection as his excuse for not going.
2. Trump was serious about buying Greenland and has cancelled as part of his tantrum resulting from the rejection.
I'd say it's much more likely he feels angry about being laughed at and having had the Danish PM reject his daft idea outright and his cancelling/postponing the meeting was done out of spite, because that's the way he reacts to pretty much everything.

Last edited by TofuFighter; 21st August 2019 at 05:22 AM. Reason: - this is exactly what you said. I'm an idiot.
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 03:40 AM   #338
Arcade22
Philosopher

Note that an estimated 80% of Jewish-American voters cast their vote for a Democratic candidate in the midterms. Apparently a very large majority of American Jews are "disloyal" to Israel, which is bad since they are Jews first and foremost.

Last edited by Arcade22; 21st August 2019 at 03:42 AM.
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 03:43 AM   #339
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

In 100 years time, Trump is going to be an absolute goldmine for people who write "Crazy (But True, We Swear!) Facts From History!" clickbait articles.
Old 21st August 2019, 03:47 AM   #340
Arcade22
Philosopher

Quote:
The Republican Jewish Coalition, meanwhile, rallied to defend Trump, arguing that the president was speaking about people being disloyal to themselves rather than to Israel.

“President Trump is right, it shows a great deal of disloyalty to oneself to defend a party that protects/emboldens people that hate you for your religion,” the group said in a tweet. “The @GOP, when rarely confronted w/anti-Semitism of elected members always acts swiftly and decisively to punish and remove.”

That defense, however, stood in contrast to the group’s sharp denunciations of recent remarks made by Democrats.

Last week, for instance, coalition executive director Matt Brooks criticized Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) for saying that U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman “doesn’t seem to understand that his allegiance is to America, not to a foreign power.”

“The issue of ‘dual loyalty’ is classic antisemitism,” Brooks said in a tweet at the time. “@USAmbIsrael deserves an apology. Shame on you @RepTedLieu.”

In a phone interview Tuesday, Brooks said “there’s a big difference” between Trump’s remarks and what Lieu and Omar have said in the past. Lieu, he said, was questioning whether Friedman was “making these decisions based on his being a Jew and his support for Israel as opposed to what is in America’s best interest.”

Trump, by contrast, was talking about “being true to yourself,” he said.

“I don’t think it invokes those tropes,” Brooks said, describing Trump’s message to Jewish people as, “You’re being disloyal to yourself to say, ‘Hey, I support somebody who is known to espouse anti-Semitic comments.’”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...212_story.html

Note that Trump said:
Quote:
“Where has the Democratic Party gone?” Trump asked. “Where have they gone, where they’re defending these two people over the state of Israel? And I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty.”
Since he mentioned that "they’re defending these two people over the state of Israel" it's pretty hard to to claim he's suggesting anything other than that these Democrat voting Jews are disloyal to the state of Israel, which is bad because good American Jews are loyal to Israel...?

Last edited by Arcade22; 21st August 2019 at 03:50 AM.
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 03:52 AM   #341
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

I think it's great that he accuses democrats of being anti-semitic while using anti-semitic tropes.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 04:36 AM   #342
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

3. Trump joked about buying Greenland, he got attention for it and at some point reality blurred and he started talking about it as "a real estate deal". It was going to be embarrassing in Denmark when he was laughed at.
Old 21st August 2019, 04:40 AM   #343
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster

Meanwhile...

The Secretary of Energy, the department tasked with overseeing our nuclear stockpile, is posting pseudo-legal screeds on instagram. Only the best people in the Trump cabinet.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 21st August 2019 at 04:42 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 04:41 AM   #344
Belz...
Fiend God

I DO NOT CONSENT!!!!

Old 21st August 2019, 04:54 AM   #345
Ethan Thane Athen
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TofuFighter View Post
I'd say it's much more likely he feels angry about being laughed at and having had the Danish PM reject his daft idea outright and his cancelling/postponing the meeting was done out of spite, because that's the way he reacts to pretty much everything.
Theory on R4 this AM was that Obama was speaking in that neck of the words a few days before Trump was due and he was nervous about being compared unfavourably so he ran away from the 'fight' with a feeble excuse about Greenland.
Ethan Thane Athen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 05:08 AM   #346
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

He's getting increasingly desperate for some kind of unassailable legacy.
Oh, he's already got that locked in.

Just not the sort that he would be thinking about.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 05:13 AM   #347
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
<snip>

In the same way that if my attendance to a seminar at work is mandatory I'm paid to attend, but not in the same way that if I'm minding my own business and someone approaches me to attend a seminar for money.

Only this wouldn't be a mandatory seminar. It would be a "voluntary" (wink, wink) one on company time that you got paid for. You just wouldn't get paid if you decided you wanted to do your regular work instead of voluntarily going to the "voluntary" (wink, wink) seminar.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 05:15 AM   #348
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

No.

This is Trump. Anything involving a tantrum is where the smart money would be laid down.

Old 21st August 2019, 05:16 AM   #349
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Only this wouldn't be a mandatory seminar. It would be a "voluntary" (wink, wink) one on company time that you got paid for. You just wouldn't get paid if you decided you wanted to do your regular work instead of voluntarily going to the "voluntary" (wink, wink) seminar.
Yeah, well that's the dick part of it.

Old 21st August 2019, 05:16 AM   #350
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
In 100 10 years time, Trump is going to be an absolute goldmine for people who write "Crazy (But True, We Swear!) Facts From History!" clickbait articles.

Or less.

Old 21st August 2019, 05:21 AM   #351
TofuFighter
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Ethan Thane Athen View Post
Theory on R4 this AM was that Obama was speaking in that neck of the words a few days before Trump was due and he was nervous about being compared unfavourably so he ran away from the 'fight' with a feeble excuse about Greenland.
Just as likely part of the reason. I looked it up to confirm dates, but didn't find any. I did find:
Quote:
Meanwhile, a month before Trump's visit, thousands of people had "already signed up for a demonstration against him," the Copenhagen Post reported last week. "So it looks like the Danes prefer Obama over Trump after all. ..."Link
Old 21st August 2019, 05:21 AM   #352
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Meanwhile...

The Secretary of Energy, the department tasked with overseeing our nuclear stockpile, is posting pseudo-legal screeds on instagram. Only the best people in the Trump cabinet.

That's the same stupidity that started going around on Facebook about seven or eight years ago and keeps popping back up every year or two.

It might even be verbatim, with "Instagram" substituted for "Facebook".

Pure drivel. No surprise "governor" () Perry is joining in on passing it around some more.

Old 21st August 2019, 05:26 AM   #353
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster

That's the same stupidity that started going around on Facebook about seven or eight years ago and keeps popping back up every year or two.

Pure drivel. No surprise "governor" () Perry is joining in on passing it around some more.
My post was PERSONAL AND CONFIDESUAL and I do NOT give you permission to copy it. I HEREBY DEMAND that you seese and desist your flagrant INFRINGEMENT at once!

In all seriousness, it's pretty concerning when a government official starts quoting sov-cit lite stuff like this. It's only a few more degrees of crazy to pro-se meritless litigation and other shenanigans.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 21st August 2019 at 05:29 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 05:34 AM   #354
Armitage72
Illuminator

2012. A word for word copy. It was originally Channel 9 though.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 05:41 AM   #355
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words.
“President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....

.....all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.”

Wow! @newsmax @foxandfriends @OANN
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 05:41 AM   #356
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
2012. A word for word copy. It was originally Channel 9 though.
Rick Perry has stooped to the level of your clueless sister-in-law?
Old 21st August 2019, 05:42 AM   #357
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

TrumpTweets

Rep Tlaib wants to cut off aid to Israel. This is the new face the of Democrat Party? Read the AOC PLUS 3 statements on their hatred of Jews and Israel. Check out Rep. Omar (the great people of Minnesota won’t stand for this).
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 05:45 AM   #358
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Fake News LameStream Media is doing everything possible the “create” a U.S. recession, even though the numbers & facts are working totally in the opposite direction. They would be willing to hurt many people, but that doesn’t matter to them. Our Economy is sooo strong, sorry!
Old 21st August 2019, 05:46 AM   #359
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Rick Perry has stooped to the level of your clueless sister-in-law?
Stooped or risen?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 07:05 AM   #360
Arcade22
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words.
“President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....

.....all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.”

Wow! @newsmax @foxandfriends @OANN
Apparently it's more important to cater towards Israelis than Americans. Now that's patriotic.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics