ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Closed Thread
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:17 PM   #361
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Well, that and Trump's response are indications that the quotes are true. I was commenting on the so far presented evidence, which was no reason to be "sure".
I know English isn't your first language, so I'm going to charitably assume that you just don't understand the common idiom I used and that your equivocation is not deliberate.
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:30 PM   #362
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

10 claims from Wolff's book

3 that I've not seen published elsewhere:

Quote:
2. One of Trump's earliest campaign aides tried to educate the candidate about the Constitution, but Trump grew too bored to make it past the Fourth Amendment:

"Early in the campaign, Sam Nunberg was sent to explain the Constitution to the candidate. 'I got as far as the Fourth Amendment," Nunberg recalled, "before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head.'"

8. Wolff reports that a spokesman for Trump's legal team left the job because he feared possible obstruction of justice related to a statement drafted aboard Air Force One that defended Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016.

"Mark Corallo was instructed not to speak to the press, indeed not to even answer his phone. Later that week, Corallo, seeing no good outcome-and privately confiding that he believed the meeting on Air Force One represented a likely obstruction of justice-quit. (The Jarvanka side would put it out that Corallo was fired.)"

'dope.' The list went on."

10. Wolff also writes at length about former Goldman Sachs executive Gary Cohn, who leads the president's National Economic Council. Cohn has privately disagreed with Trump a number of times in the past year. But an April email that, Wolff writes, circulated around the White House "purporting to represent the views of Gary Cohn" takes this to a new level:

"It's worse than you can imagine. An idiot surrounded by clowns. Trump won't read anything - not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers; nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because he is bored. And his staff is no better. Kushner is an entitled baby who knows nothing. Bannon is an arrogant prick who thinks he's smarter than he is. Trump is less a person than a collection of terrible traits. No one will survive the first year but his family. I hate the work, but feel I need to stay because I'm the only person there with a clue what he's doing. The reason so few jobs have been filled is that they only accept people who pass ridiculous purity tests, even for midlevel policy-making jobs where the people will never see the light of day. I am in a constant state of shock and horror."
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:36 PM   #363
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by blutoski View Post
I'm also cynical about the media choice... a book.

If Bannon really wanted to cut up Trump, and if he really had evidence (instead of hyperbole and insults) he would have picked up the phone and called the FBI. Instead we're to believe there's something actionable, but he decided to hold off and publish it in a book months later. Nah, he's full of **** as usual.
Someone else (not Bannon) quotes Bannon in their book talking about insider stuff that went on in the first chunk of Trump's Presidency and it's Bannon who is going after Trump now? Huh? I think that you, and probably a bunch of other people, likely including Trump, are a bit confused.

Of course, I could just be missing important information here, too.
Old 4th January 2018, 07:49 AM   #364
Monza
Alta Viro

I always wondered how that alliance even came to be. Bannon is antiestablishment, and Trump is pretty much the poster child for The Man. (OK, OK... I need to work on that metaphor)

I keep circling back to the theory that Trump did not want or expect to win... that the future of Trump Media was to be raking it in as a rightwing blowhard on extensive platforms (such as Brietbart, FoxNews, perhaps his own channels) until he had so many strokes his speech was incomprehensible.

Then, uhoh, he's president. Trump's ambition went from paying off his debt with radio op/eds to plans for the first American monarchy. Bannon's dream of partnering up with a cash cow was shattered by waking up one morning as the Little People, and maybe especially Bannon getting the boot because he's not on board with that whole oligarchy thing.

I more and more am leaning to believe that almost everyone wanted Trump to lose. Obviously, the Clinton campaign did, but I think Donald and many on his campaign didn't really want him to be President. The claim that Trump was running to strengthen his brand and pave the way for a Trump Network is very plausible. It's always easier to criticize from the outside than have to put up or shut up. That's what he really wanted to do.
Monza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 07:55 AM   #365
zorro99
Muse

Politics
Trump lawyer seeks to block insider book on White House

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3004e67b06b4
Old 4th January 2018, 10:56 AM   #366
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Someone else (not Bannon) quotes Bannon in their book talking about insider stuff that went on in the first chunk of Trump's Presidency and it's Bannon who is going after Trump now? Huh? I think that you, and probably a bunch of other people, likely including Trump, are a bit confused.

Of course, I could just be missing important information here, too.
The reason I think Bannon is at least complicit is - ignoring the fact that he probably did say exactly that - in addition Brietbart is all over this, and that's Bannon's work.
Old 4th January 2018, 10:59 AM   #367
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
The White House begs to differ:
EXCLUSIVE: Lawyers for @realDonaldTrump sending a cease-and-desist letter to former Sr adviser Steve Bannon tonight, arguing he has violated an NDA with his comments in new Wolff book. @washingtonpost
It's hard to square, "Wolff made this up!" with, "we're demanding that Bannon stop saying these protected things!"

Eta: Link

Eta 2: How does one cease and desist what has been said to the author of a book?
I'd have to read the details about why it's a cease and desist, but it's likely because Bannon has not denied the accusation, and seems to be pushing the quote on Brietbart. I would not be surprised if there is a parallel request for injunction against sales of the book.
Old 4th January 2018, 11:02 AM   #368
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

The reason I think Bannon is at least complicit is - ignoring the fact that he probably did say exactly that - in addition Brietbart is all over this, and that's Bannon's work.
ETA:

the actual request in the cease-and-desist to bannon is as follows:

Quote:
...stop communicating either confidential and or disparaging information, and preserve all records in preparation for “imminent” legal action.
Which is pretty fluffy, to be honest. It's mostly a threat of future unspecified legal action, which is very SOP for Trump. ie: bluster.
Old 4th January 2018, 11:20 AM   #369
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Folks, it's spelled "Breitbart" - first the "e", then the "i".
Try to learn it!
Old 4th January 2018, 11:43 AM   #370
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Folks, it's spelled "Breitbart" - first the "e", then the "i".
Try to learn it!
I guess in my head, I just don't think they're actually 'bright'.
Old 4th January 2018, 11:46 AM   #371
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
I guess in my head, I just don't think they're actually 'bright'.
I've always mentally translated it to "Black Bart"...you know, the over-the-top villain in a western? Twirling his moustache while the girl is tied up on the train tracks?

Maybe that's just me
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 12:19 PM   #372
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
I've always mentally translated it to "Black Bart"...you know, the over-the-top villain in a western? Twirling his moustache while the girl is tied up on the train tracks?

Maybe that's just me

A German composite word. Bart indeed means beard, while Breit means "broad, wide" (or colloquially "drunk" or "stoned", if you prefer).
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 01:16 PM   #373
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post

Maybe that's just me
It's not the translation, it's the pronunciation. 'ei' sounds like 'eye' (eg wine is wein) / 'ie' sounds like 'ee'

(German was technically my first language, but I left Europe as a child, so a bit wobbly on dialect... but the ei/ie pronunciation rule about hearing the 2nd letter is pretty consistent)

Last edited by blutoski; 4th January 2018 at 01:17 PM.
blutoski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 02:47 PM   #374
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

It's not the translation, it's the pronunciation. 'ei' sounds like 'eye' (eg wine is wein) / 'ie' sounds like 'ee'

(German was technically my first language, but I left Europe as a child, so a bit wobbly on dialect... but the ei/ie pronunciation rule about hearing the 2nd letter is pretty consistent)
It's consistent auf Deutsch, but in English if it's a word you're unfamiliar with, pronunciation of ei/ie is pretty much a crap-shoot.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 02:56 PM   #375
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
It's consistent auf Deutsch, but in English if it's a word you're unfamiliar with, pronunciation of ei/ie is pretty much a crap-shoot.
Right, and that's all I'm trying to explain, the joke that "Breit" bart is not all that "Bright" in my observation. It was just a play on words.
Old 4th January 2018, 03:41 PM   #376
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Even when it involves a surname of German origin. Harvey Weinstein, for instance, is pronounced "Whine-steen", so that the first "ei" is pronounce "aye" (as God intended), but the second "ee".

But I think we've digressed.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 04:10 PM   #377
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

How ever you pronounce Breitbart, Bannon may soon be calling it "previous employer."

Mercer issues rare public rebuke of former ally Bannon

Originally Posted by Washington Post
Stephen K. Bannon's main financial backer is formally cutting ties with the former Trump adviser.

In a new statement Thursday, billionaire conservative donor Rebekah Mercer said that she has not spoken to Bannon, the former White House chief strategist, in many months and that she continues to support President Trump.

People familiar with the conservative news website said discussions have begun at the organization about potentially removing him from the perch that propelled him to them forefront of national conservative politics.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 04:39 PM   #378
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
How ever you pronounce Breitbart, Bannon may soon be calling it "previous employer."

Mercer issues rare public rebuke of former ally Bannon
Well, they got what they wanted - access to the White House. Time to jettison the deadweight.
Old 4th January 2018, 06:34 PM   #379
Stacko
Philosopher

Hello.

Quote:
The special counsel has received handwritten notes from Mr. Trump’s former chief of staff, Reince Priebus, showing that Mr. Trump talked to Mr. Priebus about how he had called Mr. Comey to urge him to say publicly that he was not under investigation. The president’s determination to fire Mr. Comey even led one White House lawyer to take the extraordinary step of misleading Mr. Trump about whether he had the authority to remove him.

The New York Times has also learned that four days before Mr. Comey was fired, one of Mr. Sessions’s aides asked a congressional staff member whether he had damaging information about Mr. Comey, part of an apparent effort to undermine the F.B.I. director. It was not clear whether Mr. Mueller’s investigators knew about this incident.

Mr. Mueller has also been examining a false statement that the president dictated on Air Force One in July in response to an article in The Times about a meeting that Trump campaign officials had with Russians in 2016. A new book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” by Michael Wolff, says that the president’s lawyers believed that the statement was “an explicit attempt to throw sand into the investigation’s gears,” and that it led one of Mr. Trump’s spokesmen to quit because he believed it was obstruction of justice.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 08:45 PM   #380
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Obstruction Inquiry Shows Trump’s Struggle to Keep Grip on Russia Investigation
President Trump gave firm instructions in March to the White House’s top lawyer: stop the attorney general, Jeff Sessions, from recusing himself in the Justice Department’s investigation into whether Mr. Trump’s associates had helped a Russian campaign to disrupt the 2016 election.

Mr. McGahn was unsuccessful, and the president erupted in anger in front of numerous White House officials, saying he needed his attorney general to protect him.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 08:56 PM   #381
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
Obstruction Inquiry Shows Trump’s Struggle to Keep Grip on Russia Investigation
President Trump gave firm instructions in March to the White House’s top lawyer: stop the attorney general, Jeff Sessions, from recusing himself in the Justice Department’s investigation into whether Mr. Trump’s associates had helped a Russian campaign to disrupt the 2016 election.

Mr. McGahn was unsuccessful, and the president erupted in anger in front of numerous White House officials, saying he needed his attorney general to protect him.
It's clear after years of bribing state AGs that Trump simply thinks that's how one handles these legal matters.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 11:51 PM   #382
Lurch
Critical Thinker

Trump sees the AG's principal task as being to seemingly literally protect the prez. He invokes Bobby Kennedy (for brother Jack) and Eric Holder (for Obama) as examples. Yet one example of so many evidencing an ocean of ignorance and hence his unfitness to serve from the standpoint of both basic knowledge of job requirements and ability/willingness to freaking *learn* anything.

I mean, the job requirements for a burger flipper at Mickey D's are more stringently imposed. The here demonstrated virtually complete inversion of level of qualification for a position with respect to supposed responsibility and import is breathless to behold so nakedly made apparent. And the difficulty of imposition of sanctions--even censure--when the political factors conspire against such is dismaying, to say the least. Boy, when it's said "anyone" can become president, at least that part of the social contract is pretty near 100% true--when a critical mass of credulous dupes have a say.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 12:37 AM   #383
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

I'd agree that he probably did say it. Breitbart would probably be pointedly refuting it if it was false and it's hardly something that would be surprising in the first place, given how badly Jr and co messed up. I'd withhold judgement on whether Bannon is directly complicit, though, until there's something more clear to work with. It's looking like Trump's the only one of the two actually attacking the other, either way.
Old 5th January 2018, 02:03 AM   #384
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

If Trump has a heart-attack, I would not cry.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 07:50 AM   #385
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...

A German composite word. Bart indeed means beard, while Breit means "broad, wide" (or colloquially "drunk" or "stoned", if you prefer).
Sheesh. Skeptics are a tough crowd for making jokes

(I know a little German (his name is Rolf ), and am familiar with the pronunciation. Was just trying to be funny...now you know why I work as a computer analyst ).
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 07:56 AM   #386
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
If Trump has a heart-attack, I would not cry.

That's easy to admit. But would you cry if he were assassinated? Or if his presidency would have been prevented by the machinations of the Russiagate hoaxers? I don't think so, and as I said earlier I think the latter is the reason why your buddies don't even acknowledge the by now obvious hoax. Well, the several investigations do, and January will be a busy month:

Walls Close In Around DOJ and FBI “Small Group” Participants…
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 11:45 AM   #387
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

That's easy to admit. But would you cry if he were assassinated? Or if his presidency would have been prevented by the machinations of the Russiagate hoaxers? I don't think so, and as I said earlier I think the latter is the reason why your buddies don't even acknowledge the by now obvious hoax. Well, the several investigations do, and January will be a busy month:

Look whose posting links to CTH now ... I'm actually a little surprised. But I guess any port in a storm, eh ?
Old 5th January 2018, 12:21 PM   #388
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Look whose posting links to CTH now ... I'm actually a little surprised. But I guess any port in a storm, eh ?

Contrary to the guy who introduced the site to the thread, I don't care if a source is "right" or "left", I care if it is "right" or "wrong". And on this topic they are doing excellent research.

And it's fun to rub it under partisan noses who thought they had a couple of months vacation...
Old 5th January 2018, 12:25 PM   #389
Ambrosia
Good of the Fods

Contrary to the guy who introduced the site to the thread, I don't care if a source is "right" or "left", I care if it is "right" or "wrong".
Going on the evidence you've posted to date I am not convinced that you can tell right from wrong.
Ambrosia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 12:30 PM   #390
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
Going on the evidence you've posted to date I am not convinced that you can tell right from wrong.

I couldn't care less.
Old 5th January 2018, 12:40 PM   #391
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Contrary to the guy who introduced the site to the thread, I don't care if a source is "right" or "left", I care if it is "right" or "wrong". And on this topic they are doing excellent research.

And it's fun to rub it under partisan noses who thought they had a couple of months vacation...
You contradict yourself.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 12:42 PM   #392
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think I have cried at anything bad happening to strangers. I'm just not a crier.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 12:49 PM   #393
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Listening to Rep Jim Jordan, Republican from Ohio try to talk over Katy Tur is lalalalala I can't hear you insanity.

He can't let go of the GOP talking points trying to discredit the dossier.

Paraphrasing:
Jordan: Papdopolous was a coffee boy mouthing off in a bar, that's ridiculous it could lead to a FISA warrant
Tur: How did he know about the stolen emails?
Jordan: Repeats his talking points
Tur: Keeps trying
Jordan: Keeps repeating
Tur: I love having you on but I wish you would actually answer my questions.

Do these guys know they are lying? Or are they unconsciously
blocking inconvenient facts and sticking to the narrative they like?

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 5th January 2018 at 12:54 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 12:59 PM   #394
C_Felix
Master Poster

Brightbart
Old 5th January 2018, 01:39 PM   #395
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

I couldn't care less.
That fact is quite evident.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 02:55 PM   #396
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
That fact is quite evident.

Says Mr. lets-repeat-the-same-douchebaggy-return-a-dozen-of-times-coz-that-will-teach-em.
Old 5th January 2018, 03:27 PM   #397
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Listening to Rep Jim Jordan, Republican from Ohio try to talk over Katy Tur is lalalalala I can't hear you insanity.

He can't let go of the GOP talking points trying to discredit the dossier.

Paraphrasing:
Jordan: Papdopolous was a coffee boy mouthing off in a bar, that's ridiculous it could lead to a FISA warrant
Tur: How did he know about the stolen emails?
Jordan: Repeats his talking points
Tur: Keeps trying
Jordan: Keeps repeating
Tur: I love having you on but I wish you would actually answer my questions.

Do these guys know they are lying? Or are they unconsciously
blocking inconvenient facts and sticking to the narrative they like?
Same mouthpiece, Jordan, is now on Meet the Press. Chuck Todd lets him repeat his entire propaganda speech. Todd asks a couple questions that challenge the bull **** being spewed: Clinton's emails, the FBI is biased for Clinton, why is no one investigating Clinton's collusion....

Interesting to compare Tur to Todd. Tur and Jordan talked over each other through much of the interview because she wasn't letting him repeat his lies without being challenged. Todd let Jordan get the whole spiel out and only spoke up in between. Yes Todd's questions properly challenged some of Jordan's key points. But he let Jordan get a ton of falsehoods out without anything countering it. And of course, Tur, being female (they get no respect) couldn't cut the guy off the way Chris Matthews does.

Also of note, Jordan had a hard time keeping a straight face. Not sure if that was on camera nervousness or hard-to-keep-a-straight-face lying.

The propaganda being spewed by this crowd wouldn't be so bad if it was contained to Limbaugh's and Jone's talk radio shows. But this is mainstream Congress repeating the most far-fetched CTs on the mainstream news.

There's a whole different quality to this from the usual political talking points ignoring global warming and financial facts, throwing snowballs in Congress, and pretending they are benefitting the poor by cutting all the social safety nets.

But this other stuff, it's not alternative reality, it's downright dangerous propaganda alt-reality.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 5th January 2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 5th January 2018, 04:09 PM   #398
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Wow, my above post is an understatement. Now we have some key Republican legislators requesting Steele be investigated for misleading the FBI.

Looks like all the right wing blogosphere has this story before the mainstream news did.

Wading through that here's Business Insider:
Senate Judiciary Republicans refer dossier author Chris Steele to DOJ for criminal investigation
Quote:
Republican Sens. Chuck Grassley and Lindsey Graham on Friday sent a criminal referral to the Justice Department about Christopher Steele, the author of the so-called Trump-Russia dossier.

The referral, sent along with undisclosed classified attachments, accused Steele of making false statements about speaking to the press about the dossier's claims.

Legal experts said the referral seemed politically motivated insofar as it did not appear to provide information to the FBI that it did not already have.

And along with all that, the DoJ is allowing Nunes access to a bunch of classified material on the Russia investigation. Not sure what that is going to lead to.

And there was that reopening of investigating the Clinton Foundation.

Things are getting very hot in the White House.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 5th January 2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 5th January 2018, 04:22 PM   #399
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

2 Senators recommend to the DOJ that Chris Steel be prosecuted for providing the FBI with false information

Quote:
Republican Sens. Chuck Grassley and Lindsey Graham on Friday sent a criminal referral to the Justice Department about Christopher Steele, the author of the so-called Trump-Russia dossier.

The referral, sent along with undisclosed classified attachments, accused Steele of making false statements about speaking to the press about the dossier's claims.

Legal experts said the referral seemed politically motivated insofar as it did not appear to provide information to the FBI that it did not already have.
Old 5th January 2018, 05:13 PM   #400
Ambrosia
Good of the Fods

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Republican Sens. Chuck Grassley and Lindsey Graham on Friday sent a criminal referral to the Justice Department about Christopher Steele

He is a UK citizen living in the UK. Good luck with that.
Ambrosia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics