IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , joe biden , presidential candidates

Closed Thread
Old 22nd May 2020, 07:27 PM   #3761
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Well you can all move on now, Biden made a big gaff on a radio show for which he had to apologize.

RCP: Sen. Tim Scott Blasts Biden's "You Ain't Black" Gaffe "
Just give it a frigging rest, will ya?"

Now we can all discuss this for the next 30 pages.
If Scott thinks that's the most arrogant condescending comment he's ever heard, he hasn't been paying attention to Trump. Remember these classics?

"Look at my African American over there!"

"All the women on The Apprentice flirted with me--consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected."

“They don’t look like Indians to me.”

And let's not forget the things that Trump knows more about than any expert; how to fight a war, pandemcs, the economy, hurricanes, drone technology, the 14th Amendment, and the list goes on and on.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 07:28 PM   #3762
xjx388

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Yeah, DJT did a great job updating his campaign's website.

Biden's a gaffe machine, yet still hasn't told people to inject bleach.
True. He just told a black talk show host that he "ain't" black. To his face.

Quite the gaffe, that.
Old 22nd May 2020, 07:29 PM   #3763
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Scopedog View Post
With regard to Beto, what 'club' are you referring to?
People who didn't have any sort of major screwup, at the national level. Waren didn't humiliate herself as far as black Americans go, but a lot of Native Americans were seriously hurt by her foolishness, so I'm going to have to acnowledge that.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 07:49 PM   #3764
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b537c1b683.jpg
Say what you will about DJT, but he wastes no time.
It would be more effective if he weren't a white supremacist. That just reminds people that the goal is to get Dolt 45 up out the Oval Office.

True. He just told a black talk show host that he "ain't" black. To his face.
No, he really didn't, which is obvious even in the clip.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 07:52 PM   #3765
Lurch
Master Poster

And what is credibility predicated on, if not one's reputation?
Aaaannnndddd?

Reputation is off limits, and so because credibility is tied to reputation.......?
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 08:00 PM   #3766
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
I don't know why you are arguing with a person who is not really having a discussion in good faith. Trump supporters could care less if Tara Reade's accusations are sincere or not.
Indeed, I think theprestige and xjx388 are actually tickled pink that Reade's allegations were made but aren't sticking. They get the double whammy of getting in digs that we should just ignore rape accusations without video corroboration (basically all of them, those nasty womenses!) and they get to keep on getting their digs in because Biden has now been accused.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 08:00 PM   #3767
Lurch
Master Poster

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b537c1b683.jpg
Say what you will about DJT, but he wastes no time.
Trumpy had anything to do with this? Giving the qo ahead, maybe, after getting interrupted during a Twitter rage fest. There are quicker brains on his team than his.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 08:24 PM   #3768
angrysoba
Philosophile

Lol! At first I misunderstood his comment and assumed he just meant that deciding between Trump and Biden is only something that people suffering white privilege have to contend with and thought, well haven’t plenty of left wing articles been saying the same thing?

Now I see that he means black voters who want to choose are not really properly black. Ha ha! Wow! That’s ... ballsy!
Old 22nd May 2020, 08:37 PM   #3769
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
How can we locate that study which found all MSM outlets are probably trustworthy around pharma issues even though they all have execs who also sit on the boards of Big Pharma Corporations.. What was the name of the people who made those findings anyway....anyone recall?

I will let ya know if I remember it
We don't trust scientific studies on things like hydroxychloroqine because of what newspapers and cable news broadcasters say.

We trust them because they have been peer reviewed by experts in the field who generally try to ensure the studies were performed properly.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 08:56 PM   #3770
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Lol! At first I misunderstood his comment and assumed he just meant that deciding between Trump and Biden is only something that people suffering white privilege have to contend with and thought, well haven’t plenty of left wing articles been saying the same thing?

Now I see that he means black voters who want to choose are not really properly black. Ha ha! Wow! That’s ... ballsy!
Except Biden admitted it was a stupid thing to say and he apologized.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:12 PM   #3771
sir drinks-a-lot
Philosopher

Leonydus Johnson's Twitter feed has been a goldmine on the recent Biden "gaffe".

Quote:
The left can find subtle racism and white supremacy in Peloton videos but Good Ol' Joe was just joking.
Quote:
I really, really want Trump to come out and say the exact same thing Biden said, word for word. Just to see what happens.
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:53 PM   #3772
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Hmmm...the right is going crazy because of a poorly worded spontaneous statement that does not reflect Biden's history. Actions, not words, people.

Did Biden ever blackball people of color from renting? Ah....that was Trump. Did Biden ever call predominantly black countries "*********"? Nah. That was Trump. There are so many things that Trump has done or said regarding people of color that dwarf this one remark by Biden it pales in significance. But leave it to the Trumpers to go ballistic over this. At least Biden recognizes his mistake and apologizes. Trump just doubles down on his mistakes....which, of course, he never makes.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2020, 12:59 AM   #3773
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Except Biden admitted it was a stupid thing to say and he apologized.
Sure. I’m not holding against him. I just think it’s funny.
Old 23rd May 2020, 02:00 AM   #3774
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
I really, really want Trump to come out and say the exact same thing Biden said, word for word. Just to see what happens.
That would be weird, even for him. I mean, he keeps talking about himself in the third person, but given he's incredibly racist, it'd also be an incredibly strange statement.

Then again, choosing between Trump and Trump is probably exactly the scenario Trump would want for the 2020 election.

Quote:
The left can find subtle racism and white supremacy in Peloton videos but Good Ol' Joe was just joking.
It's as if they are different people or something.

Mod InfoThread closed for performance reasons.
Continues here.
Posted By:zooterkin
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig

Last edited by zooterkin; 23rd May 2020 at 08:22 AM.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics