IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , nicknames , politics humor

Old 24th December 2018, 11:15 AM   #361
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Reverse Midas. Everything he touches goes to crap.
Old 26th December 2018, 09:46 AM   #362
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I saw one in a Twitter comment that I (and several others) immediately liked:

(the auto-censor doesn't work in this case -- I'm not trying to bypass it, but I will put it in a Spoiler)

fucknuckle

I think it needs descriptor in the front, like "Orange".

Last edited by alfaniner; 26th December 2018 at 09:48 AM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2018, 11:14 AM   #363
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I saw one in a Twitter comment that I (and several others) immediately liked:

(the auto-censor doesn't work in this case -- I'm not trying to bypass it, but I will put it in a Spoiler)
fucknuckle
I think it needs descriptor in the front, like "Orange".

How about an appropriately descriptive as well as endearingly old-timey first name to go along with that?
Rusty Fucknuckle
Old 26th December 2018, 03:02 PM   #364
zorro99
Graduate Poster

How about Draft-Dodging Donald?
Old 26th December 2018, 08:16 PM   #365
Lurch
Master Poster

'Nam Spurs.

Back then, in his "personal Vietnam", he *did* get VD -- Vietnam Deferment.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2018, 09:39 PM   #366
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Of course officially he's still Mr. Trump, but down at the Turkish bath me and the boys call him "Slats."

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2018, 06:24 AM   #367
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

There needs to be a term for draft-dodging Boomers who are now wrapped-in-the-flag war hawks.
Old 27th December 2018, 06:49 AM   #368
Toontown
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
There needs to be a term for draft-dodging Boomers who are now wrapped-in-the-flag war hawks.
The generic term is "hypocrites".
Old 27th December 2018, 07:43 AM   #369
W.D.Clinger
Philosopher

Chickenhawk.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2019, 10:37 AM   #370
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Fantasy Land is thataway------->
It's been suggested in this very thread that finding the right nickname and getting it to stick will undermine Trump's political support:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post12365815
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...9#post12365819
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0#post12365870
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1#post12366441

Six months in, and there's been zero progress on that. I'd say Fantasy Land is right here in this thread. Certainly it's in keeping with the fantastical aspirations voiced here to opine that won't be having any effect.

(There's also this bit of make-believe: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post12404065)
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2019, 05:13 PM   #371
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
It's been suggested in this very thread that finding the right nickname and getting it to stick will undermine Trump's political support:

Six months in, and there's been zero progress on that. I'd say Fantasy Land is right here in this thread. Certainly it's in keeping with the fantastical aspirations voiced here to opine that won't be having any effect.

(There's also this bit of make-believe: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post12404065)

My position has been and remains that Trump has been doing a bang-up job of making his own name a pejorative nickname and object of ridicule with an increasing number of Americans. Dragging "GOP" and Republican" along for the ride.

Just in the past couple of weeks he's probably increased that number by a sizable chunk out of some 800,000 people, most of whom I expect are voters, as well as everybody who gains from their paychecks. Family, stores they shop at, mortgage holders and landlords, just to name a few.

Keep it up, Trump.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2019, 05:24 PM   #372
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Guy's gonna be president for 8 years, and the day he leaves office his most ardent haters will still be trying figure out what his name is.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Fantasy Land is thataway------->

1. I was referring to the "Guy's gonna be president for 8 years" bit.

2. Your original post and my reply had nothing to do with the claim by some that "finding the right nickname and getting it to stick will undermine Trump's political support".
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2019, 06:53 PM   #373
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Has a nickname stuck? Not that I'm aware of. A nickname would have to stick before you can dismiss (or applaud) the efficacy of a nickname that stuck.

The other aspect of your, er, whimsical post is I'm fairly confident that none of the posters you cited expect that efforts to nickname here in Backwaterville will spill out onto the national stage.

In other words, you're doing the rhetorical equivalent of walking up to the edge of a swimming pool wearing dripping wet speedos, and calling out I'll race you to the other side to a person who's lounging under an umbrella in cabana-wear, nursing a cold one. And then you swim a lap and declare victory.

I hope this analogy helps get the point across.
Old 7th January 2019, 07:01 PM   #374
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

What there needs to be is a term for political-protest draft dodgers to differentiate from the Let George Do It spoiled brats. Some of us went to jail, some of us went to alternate service like becoming lab rats, some of us spent a decade or more in exile. The chicken-hawks just went back to living their cushy existences.

(Not why I came to thread..... As to the OP, I suppose "Sandy" is out, now?)

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 09:08 PM   #375
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

I submit "The High Priest of Fraud", inspired by a 1958 episode of this show, called "Trackdown":

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 10:59 PM   #376
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Bizarro Homer Simpson
Old 9th January 2019, 11:58 PM   #377
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
I submit "The High Priest of Fraud", inspired by a 1958 episode of this show, called "Trackdown":

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Funny!
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2019, 10:06 PM   #378
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Donald Strump.
Old 25th January 2019, 12:08 AM   #379
Toontown
Philosopher

May as well get used to calling him Master Trump, Americans.

Don't look now, but he's got your government. He is systematically choking it down. Nothing is being done to stop him. And he's got all your nukes too. They go or don't go on his say-so.

You should be thinking of stupid names to call yourselves.

All you had to do was swarm to the polls and landslide that crazy bastard, and none of this crap would be happening now.

But you couldn't even do that.
Old 26th January 2019, 01:37 PM   #380
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

President No Clothes.

I think it has a nice ring to it.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2019, 11:23 AM   #381
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Carlsbad. It's a cave.
Old 27th January 2019, 12:19 PM   #382
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Carlsbad. It's a cave.
Mammoth, then -- world's longest known cave.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2019, 01:41 PM   #383
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Cave Jefe.
Old 7th February 2019, 11:43 AM   #384
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

The Part-time President.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2019, 01:59 AM   #385
Susheel
Illuminator

I recently read Marmalade Manchild somewhere...
Old 8th February 2019, 04:59 PM   #386
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I'm thinking of him as Donny Dimwit.
Old 8th February 2019, 05:13 PM   #387
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

My favorite remains Benedict Donald.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2019, 06:09 PM   #388
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I gotta say, I'm kind of partial to Mister President.

It has a certain "reality based community" ring.
Old 8th February 2019, 07:18 PM   #389
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Like "Madame Speaker"? Or maybe "Senator Schumer"?

(When running interference for Trump, it's a bit of a stretch to leapfrog into "reality"!)

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2019, 07:24 PM   #390
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Yes, if you say it sarcastically enough.
Old 8th February 2019, 07:25 PM   #391
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post

(When running interference for Trump, it's a bit of a stretch to leapfrog into "reality"!)
Donald calls Madame Speaker "Nancy"

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2019, 07:26 PM   #392
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post

Who's running interference? This is just a fun thread for members to have some fun in.

In which to have some fun.

But if "Mister President" is souring your mood, how about "Orange Man Bad"?

Last edited by theprestige; 8th February 2019 at 07:30 PM.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2019, 07:29 PM   #393
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Yes, if you say it sarcastically enough.
Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
See? You don't even need to go searching for a clever nickname, to get the point across.

Or maybe you do. What is the point, again?
Old 9th February 2019, 07:27 AM   #394
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Harassment Victim in Chief.
(It's what he calls himself, isn't it?)
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2019, 08:05 AM   #395
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
That was funny stuff: He said, "... Nancy Pelosi, or Nancy as I call her..." He forgot that he wanted to demean her by not saying her last name and tried to recover.
Old 9th February 2019, 08:06 AM   #396
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

How about "Missed her President"?
Old 11th March 2019, 12:22 PM   #397
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Tim Apple - we know it gets to him, and reminds people of his stupid lies

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 12:30 PM   #398
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Tim Apple - we know it gets to him, and reminds people of his stupid lies
I'm thinking a creating a Twitter account for @JeffAmazon and use it to torment Trump.
Old 11th March 2019, 02:43 PM   #399
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
I'm thinking a creating a Twitter account for @JeffAmazon and use it to torment Trump.
Yes, please.
Old 11th March 2019, 03:39 PM   #400
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Currently I'm leaning towards ORANGE MAN BAD.

The main advantage, I think, is that it's catching on with some right wing bloggers. So it actually has a chance of making it out into the larger culture.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics