IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , nicknames , politics humor

Old 18th July 2018, 12:48 AM   #81
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Agent Orange works for me on many levels: his collusion, his vanity, and the devastating effect he is having on the political culture.
Old 18th July 2018, 01:11 AM   #82
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The President of the United States?
Meh, after that press conference in Helsinki, I think that title goes totally belongs to Putin.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 01:13 AM   #83
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

My 2c is that I'm a big old killjoy and assigning a nickname is childish and is sinking to the level of others who do likewise for people and politicians that I respect. I always try to refer to the current US President as President Trump or Donald Trump in an attempt to avoid having his supporters bleating about how I'm not being sufficiently respectful - instead of addressing the points I'm trying to make.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 01:15 AM   #84
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
I know you miss your buddy logger, but you don't seriously believe that Trump "breaks" anything.
I don't know, he breaks a lot of things, starting with this...

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 01:59 AM   #85
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Probably "Mr. President."

Fantastic thread
Fantastic blind loyalty in the face of open buffoonery and betrayal of national interests.

Last edited by Sideroxylon; 18th July 2018 at 03:57 AM.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 03:12 AM   #86
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
POOTUS ?
PEETUS?
Old 18th July 2018, 03:23 AM   #87
Lothian
should be banned

Another vote for Trumpski.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 03:29 AM   #88
MetalPig
Illuminator

I like Agent Orange. Although Tangerine Wankmaggot has a nice ring to it as well.
Old 18th July 2018, 05:14 AM   #89
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Il Douche?
Old 18th July 2018, 05:20 AM   #90
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
I guess some indication will become apparent with the next round of polling. After the most recent debacle some evidence of a drop in Trumps support may become apparent.

For the Trumpsters, the headlines screaming "traitor" will have less impact than the ones featuring "embarrassment" in weakening that support.
The headlines screaming "traitor", for trumptards, is a thing of beauty. They're all in on hating America.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 05:23 AM   #91
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Another vote for Trump.

The word Trump will become a noun, describing a person arriving at a position of power by a lucky set of coincidences, totally inept at the job, totally unaware that he is inept at the job, and utterly dishonest.
Old 18th July 2018, 05:27 AM   #92
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Mafia Don
Toupe Fiasco
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 05:28 AM   #93
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

I've been saying this for years - "trump" is UK slang for "fart". Just call him "Donald Fart". Job done.
Old 18th July 2018, 06:07 AM   #94
Parsman
Muse

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
My 2c is that I'm a big old killjoy and assigning a nickname is childish and is sinking to the level of others who do likewise for people and politicians that I respect. I always try to refer to the current US President as President Trump or Donald Trump in an attempt to avoid having his supporters bleating about how I'm not being sufficiently respectful - instead of addressing the points I'm trying to make.
I'll be respectful of Trump when he shows respect for anyone other than dictators. So far, I'm not having to bother with this respect thing much.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 06:17 AM   #95
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

For me, this thread is just entertainment and blowing off steam. I would not advocate that anyone use "Trumpski" (or "Il Douche" or . . . ) in a serious discussion, whether it be some Democratic leader at a press conference or any of us in one of the other political threads, for the reasons you mention.
Old 18th July 2018, 07:04 AM   #96
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Cheetoh Benito
Mango Mussolini
Agent Orange
Conald Trump
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 07:14 AM   #97
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Ronald Vladonald, or Puties Bitch

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 07:28 AM   #98
The Big Dog

President Trump, the Slayer of the Clinton Crime Combine, the leader of the Intolerables, Maker of America Great Again, and Triggerman of the Leftists.

Fantastic thread.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 07:46 AM   #99
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

I'm with you.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 08:10 AM   #100
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Pee Pre POTUS perhaps?
Old 18th July 2018, 08:18 AM   #101
AnonyMoose
Graduate Poster

Ever since Trump and Putin had their little bromance tryst in Helsinki...

I'll have to go with:

Donny "The Catcher"

and

Vlady "The Pitcher"

*cough*

Last edited by AnonyMoose; 18th July 2018 at 08:19 AM.
AnonyMoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 08:25 AM   #102
The Big Dog

Next level homophobia in this thread.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 08:30 AM   #103
AnonyMoose
Graduate Poster

No need to get all mad about it.

It's not our fault your hero didn't get to be the pitcher in this one.
AnonyMoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 08:42 AM   #104
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Nothing homophobic about it.

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 08:44 AM   #105
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

I think Rex Tillerson nailed it. *********** moron. Or we could go with *********** moron in chief.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 08:48 AM   #106
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
No need to get all mad about it.

It's not our fault your hero didn't get to be the pitcher in this one.
Originally Posted by bobdroege7 View Post
Nothing homophobic about it.
uh, ok.
Old 18th July 2018, 09:00 AM   #107
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Hardly.

It doesn't bother me that Trump is obviously Putin's pool boy. Except I don't think I'm crazy about the idea of a sub being the President of the United States. It gets a little dangerous because Trump doesn't use the safe word.
Old 18th July 2018, 09:04 AM   #108
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Trump is very difficult to satirize because somehow he manages to exceed in actual despicability almost anything humorous one can say about him.

Although I enjoy the clever wit humor in many of the nicknames, I think that the most effective nicknames politically would be ones that derive directly from Trump's own playbook and are most likely to rile him by undercutting his ego. Just "Loser" seems good.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 09:05 AM   #109
The_Animus
Illuminator

So far in this thread my favorites in no particular order are

Don the Con
Traitor Trump
Benedict Donald

Rolls off the tongue
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 09:07 AM   #110
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Trump is very difficult to satirize because somehow he manages to exceed in actual despicability almost anything humorous one can say about him.

Although I enjoy the clever wit humor in many of the nicknames, I think that the most effective nicknames politically would be ones that derive directly from Trump's own playbook and are most likely to rile him by undercutting his ego. Just "Loser" seems good.
Loser?

Maybe lets call him "Old No. 77" because that is how many more electoral votes he had than Hilldawg.

Magical thread.
Old 18th July 2018, 09:09 AM   #111
AnonyMoose
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
It gets a little dangerous because Trump doesn't use the safe word.
That's because the safe word is "covfefe".

Easy to read, not so easy to verbalize.
Old 18th July 2018, 09:10 AM   #112
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Except I don't think I'm crazy about the idea of a sub being the President of the United States.
This is the second time within the last few days that I've seen metaphors of Putin, for lack of a better term, screwing Trump has been described as homophobic. I think that says more about the ones making that accusation than those making the metaphor.

I don't consider homosexual behavior to be a bad thing. What I do find to be a bad thing is when a person debases themselves to someone who neither reciprocates nor is deserving. The insult isn't the suggestion of gay sex. The insult is that Putin is using and abusing Trump and, by proxy, the US.

Those who call that homophobic both miss the point and, honestly, are showing a bit too much of their own biases as they are the ones who think homosexuality is the insult.

Sorry, that's pretty heavy for a joke thread, but as I said, this is the second time I've seen it.
Old 18th July 2018, 09:13 AM   #113
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Hardly.

It doesn't bother me that Trump is obviously Putin's pool boy. Except I don't think I'm crazy about the idea of a sub being the President of the United States. It gets a little dangerous because Trump doesn't use the safe word.
Could you please keep your homophobia out of this thread?
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 09:17 AM   #114
ahhell
Philosopher

I like in no particular order:
Putin's poodle
Don the Con

To a lesser extent
Cheeto Benito(I'd suggest adding Il Douche)
Gropenfuhrer.

Because he's sensitive about it, how about Fingers?
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 09:18 AM   #115
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

President Trump, the Slayer of the Clinton Crime Combine, the leader of the Intolerables, Maker of America Great Again, and Triggerman of the Leftists.

Fantastic thread.
This isn't the science fiction/fantasy forum.
Old 18th July 2018, 09:19 AM   #116
AnonyMoose
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post

Those who call that homophobic both miss the point and, honestly, are showing a bit too much of their own biases as they are the ones who think homosexuality is the insult.

Sorry, that's pretty heavy for a joke thread, but as I said, this is the second time I've seen it.
Meh.

It's just their way of throwing straw around the room in a desperate hope of trying to deflect the thread subject into a completely different direction.

Luckily for most us, we have functioning brain cells to help veer us away from taking the bait.
Old 18th July 2018, 09:25 AM   #117
Prometheus
Acolyte of Víđarr

Donnie Little Hands has a nice mobbish ring to it, I think.
Don't be offended. I'm not calling you a serial killer. -- Ron Tomkins.
Prometheus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 09:25 AM   #118
The Big Dog

This is the second time within the last few days that I've seen metaphors of Putin, for lack of a better term, screwing Trump has been described as homophobic. I think that says more about the ones making that accusation than those making the metaphor.

I don't consider homosexual behavior to be a bad thing. What I do find to be a bad thing is when a person debases themselves to someone who neither reciprocates nor is deserving. The insult isn't the suggestion of gay sex. The insult is that Putin is using and abusing Trump and, by proxy, the US.

Pitcher/catcher used to insult Trump is not using a reference to gay sex in a demeaning way?

Yeah, it is, it is blatant homophobia.
Old 18th July 2018, 09:32 AM   #119
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Could you please keep your homophobia out of this thread?
I agree with Upchurch. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing homophobic about it. I DONT care what two consenting adults together. Whatever gets your freak on is ok by me. As long as it doesn't hurt ...well hurt me. You can hurt each other if that is your thing.

But I do care that Putin and Trump's master slave relationship has geopolitical ramifications that effects the rest of us. I care very much that the President of the United States is weak and submissive with the Russian President. I care very much Trump is Putin's bottom to Vlad's top.

If one has a problem with this insinuation, well I guess they need to develop a sense of humor and pay attention to the weak pathetic obsequious performance of Trump in Helsinki. It was damn embarrassing.
Old 18th July 2018, 09:34 AM   #120
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Pitcher/catcher used to insult Trump is not using a reference to gay sex in a demeaning way?

Yeah, it is, it is blatant homophobia.
Nope. It just points out who the alpha dog is. And here's a hint, it isn't Trump.

Last edited by acbytesla; 18th July 2018 at 09:37 AM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics