IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , nicknames , politics humor

Old 18th July 2018, 10:13 PM   #161
chrispy
Graduate Poster

My fave is still 'Fecal Midas', because all he touches turns to ****
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 01:54 AM   #162
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Comrade Trump.

"Mr Gorbachev, I like your walls".
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 02:16 AM   #163
Cheetah
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Pitcher/catcher used to insult Trump is not using a reference to gay sex in a demeaning way?

Yeah, it is, it is blatant homophobia.

Yes, calling him the "Pussy grabbing POTUS" is blatant heterophobia!

Fabulous thread.

Last edited by Cheetah; 19th July 2018 at 02:20 AM.
Cheetah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 02:48 AM   #164
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
My fave is still 'Fecal Midas', because all he touches turns to ****
"*****-as"

Too much of a stretch?
Old 19th July 2018, 03:36 AM   #165
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
This is pretty harsh on Arnold, he at least had pretty good reasons why he switched sides. He was overlooked and others kept taking the credit for his work, and getting promoted over him and so he snapped and decided that if the US Continental Army wasn't going to be loyal to him, he wasn't going to be loyal in return.

Trump has no such excuses.

Not to mention that before he got disgusted by the way he was being treated he was a bona fide war hero who had proven his bravery over and over, been wounded in combat, and was one of the best military minds the Continental Army had. He even basically paupered himself to see to it that his troops got paid when the Continental Congress dragged its feet about letting loose of the money. He was one of the most respected military leaders in the country up until he turned coat.

Arnold was far too admirable a figure to compare Trump to.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 04:14 AM   #166
a_unique_person

Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
Yes, calling him the "Pussy grabbing POTUS" is blatant heterophobia!

Fabulous thread.

I'm an avid reader.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 04:30 AM   #167
a_unique_person

Little wet noodle?
Old 19th July 2018, 07:28 AM   #168
Cheetah
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MetalPig View Post
I like Agent Orange. Although Tangerine Wankmaggot has a nice ring to it as well.

For some unknown reason TWM just makes me laugh every time I think of it.

Old 19th July 2018, 09:40 AM   #169
sts60
Illuminator

“Loser.”

It’s slmost inconceivable that someone elected President of the United States could earn such a sobriquet, but it perfectly fits the personality of this corrupt, treasonous, lying, incompetent, bigoted, spiteful, insecure little man.

I think it wold sound just fine coming from a large crowd, sung to the same tune as “Airball!” from a hostile crowd at a basketball game, so that he could not help but hear it.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 09:57 AM   #170
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Trump called a lot of his political opponents by a simple demeaning nickname. Little Marco Rubio, Lying Ted Cruz, Low Energy Jeb, Crispy Creme Christie etc. But I think it's time for everyone to call him a nickname.

I 've been trying to think of a good nickname for him. So many come to mind. Pussy Grabber, Deceitful Don, Drumpf Trump, Lying Turd or alternatively Lying POS.

But I think after his submissive obsequious performance with Putin, I've been thinking Treasonous Trump or Traitor Trump.

Any ideas? I'll put them up for a vote later.
Comandante Boor-O AKA Numb-nuts.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 10:22 AM   #171
sackett
Philosopher

Napoleon Bonespurs gets a few likes on FB.

Napoleon Fallapart is better. Rolls off the tongue like a coughed-up logger.

I mean, looger. 'S wot I meant ta say, know'd I mean? Muh.

When I lashed them with a length of chain, they called me sir.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 06:34 PM   #172
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Money-launder McTreasonpants.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 07:31 PM   #173
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Not quite a nickname but there is new definition of MAGA:
Moscow Agents Gutting America.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 08:47 PM   #174
crescent
Philosopher

The Trumpster fire?
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 09:47 PM   #175
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
I think it wold sound just fine coming from a large crowd, sung to the same tune as “Airball!” from a hostile crowd at a basketball game, so that he could not help but hear it.
"Hairball" wouldn't be a bad nickname.

Commander in cuffs

I like Putin's poodle as well.

I don't feel the need to denigrate Trump with labels, but it would be fun to come up with something that drives him bat****. Trolling the troll. Contributing to a rapid mental breakdown would probably be good for the country.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 10:05 PM   #176
Venom
Philosopher

MAGA

Morons Are Governing America
Moscow Agents Govern America (ETA: dudalb's is better^^)
My Attorney Got Arrested

Last edited by Venom; 19th July 2018 at 10:07 PM.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 10:21 PM   #177
sts60
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
"Hairball" wouldn't be a bad nickname.

Commander in cuffs

I like Putin's poodle as well.

I don't feel the need to denigrate Trump with labels, but it would be fun to come up with something that drives him bat****. Trolling the troll. Contributing to a rapid mental breakdown would probably be good for the country.
I don’t pretend that this thread has any significance other than a few chuckles while reading it. But I think if there were a couple of thousand people chanting, “Loser” at Trump where he couldn’t avoid it, it would really drive him nuts.

BTW, not mine, but “President Trump” is an anagram for “Mr. Putin’s Red Pet”.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 10:21 PM   #178
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I guess the Distraction Team has run out of pearls to clutch in their search for an honest debate.

Funny how "Pocahontas" gets guffaws and "Har har, he called her Pocahontas, get it? Get it?" And the idiot brags about it,"I like to call her Pocahontas" was tweeted semi-recently to even more clones repeating the line with a hearty belly laugh.

Yet, FSM fearing good Americans just wanna have themselves a little fun and those same people can't abide it. If I didn't know the membership here for being so non-partisan and fair, I'd think they have some sort of agenda.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2018, 11:59 PM   #179
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I like "The Hair". It's simple, elegant. He's clearly sensitive about it so it's hurtful and hair not being sentient on it's own, dehumanizing.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 06:17 AM   #180
Drewbot
Philosopher

If you are trying to come up with Forever Name for Trump good luck.

If 'Literally Hitler' didn't work to keep him out of office, probably nothing else will stick.

If you started the 2016 campaign with something more reasonable, like 'Shady Donald', or 'Mafia Don' it might have stuck. But when you go full Hitler at the beginning, and he doesn't come across has Hitler, you've lost all naming credibility.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 09:18 AM   #181
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post

If 'Literally Hitler' didn't work to keep him out of office, probably nothing else will stick.

If you started the 2016 campaign with something more reasonable, like 'Shady Donald', or 'Mafia Don' it might have stuck. But when you go full Hitler at the beginning, and he doesn't come across has Hitler, you've lost all naming credibility.
How does your theory pan out with all the other candidates who were compared to hitler?
Old 20th July 2018, 11:10 AM   #182
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post

<snip>

The thread is mildly amusing at times, maybe even with an occasional flash of creativity.

But I fear that before long it will all be moot.

At the rate he is going, Trump's own name will soon be among the worst insults anyone could use to describe a politician.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 12:59 PM   #183
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Worse than Hitler?
Old 20th July 2018, 01:14 PM   #184
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Worse than Hitler?
If Trump ever succeeded at actually becoming a dictator, he'd declare he was the BEST, the GREATEST dictator of all time.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 01:42 PM   #185
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I like "The Hair". It's simple, elegant. He's clearly sensitive about it so it's hurtful and hair not being sentient on it's own, dehumanizing.
Maybe the hair is sentient and it's the rest that's not.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 01:42 PM   #186
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Worse than Hitler?

As a politician Hitler did pretty well. It was after that when he got into trouble.

Could Trump become a deranged, bloodthirsty dictator bent on world domination at all costs? It's possible.

If he does then we can see how his name ends up comparing to Hitler as a pejorative.

Old 20th July 2018, 01:48 PM   #187
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Trump is in his 70s. Whatever he was going to become, it's already happened.
Old 20th July 2018, 01:52 PM   #188
Fudbucker
Philosopher

Worse than Hitler?
No, but as **** shows go, it's up there. Even Nixon didn't badmouth the U.S. when he talked to Brezhnev.

But it's all worth it, cause emails! and SCOTUS!
Fudbucker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 01:56 PM   #189
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Trump is in his 70s. Whatever he was going to become, it's already happened.
Demented.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 02:09 PM   #190
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I like Hairhead.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 02:22 PM   #191
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The President of the United States?
He's sort of that but he's certainly not one that deserves any kind of respect or human dignity.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 04:48 PM   #192
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Worse than Hitler?
Hitler is comically inappropriate.
Mussolini is much closer to the mark.
Old 20th July 2018, 04:51 PM   #193
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Hitler is comically inappropriate.
Mussolini is much closer to the mark.
They even look alike.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 05:47 PM   #194
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Worse than Hitler?
That's a hard one to pull off but with the right production values and images sure, why not? Some images of Trump supporters raising Nazi salutes dissolving to Charlottesville marchers and the concentration camps for children, I could see it working.
Old 20th July 2018, 05:48 PM   #195
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
They even look alike.
Only if Trump went with his natural hair pattern.
Old 20th July 2018, 06:03 PM   #196
novaphile
Quester of Doglets

A lot of creativity here.

My personal favourite was TrumpleThinSkin the Toddler in Chief.

But some of the others here are definitely worth a chuckle.

Adding a bit of history, and adding a bit more sting to one that has been mentioned, shouldn't it be Ubergropenfuhrer?

ObergruppenführerWP
Old 20th July 2018, 06:07 PM   #197
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by novaphile View Post
A lot of creativity here.

My personal favourite was TrumpleThinSkin the Toddler in Chief.

But some of the others here are definitely worth a chuckle.

Adding a bit of history, and adding a bit more sting to one that has been mentioned, shouldn't it be Ubergropenfuhrer?

ObergruppenführerWP
I hadn't heard Trumplethinskin. I like that one.

Isn't it Pussegrubenfuhrer?

Last edited by acbytesla; 20th July 2018 at 06:08 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 06:28 PM   #198
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Worse than Hitler?
No one's looking for worse than.... is the only path to having one's name becomes a euphemism for a trait, tendency or behavior via starting a World War and creating mass genocide?

We have numerous openings but Hitler, Quisling, Mata Hari, Nero,...? Well, they're all taken. And I think that's the point. Trump may well become synonymous with his own brand of insanity, incompetence, evil, whatever. Right now, there's just so much wrong with the guy that calling anyone else a "Trump" risks thirty minutes of cross-examination as to just what particular despicable trait they're picking up on. You calling me an amoral and immoral incompetent boob, publicity whore, actual whore, liar, tax evader, bigot, misogynist, moron?

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 06:39 AM   #199
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Worse than Hitler?
I don't suppose anyone would be worse than Hitler, but "at least he's not Hitler" is pretty cold comfort. In any case, the post to which you would appear to be responding suggested Trump's name would be among the worst things you could apply to a politician, and that could easily be true without Hitler ever coming into it.

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 06:42 AM   #200
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
I know you miss your buddy logger, but you don't seriously believe that Trump "breaks" anything.

I think even TBD would agree that Trump breaks his marriage vows.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics