IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , nicknames , politics humor

Old 23rd August 2018, 04:07 PM   #241
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
It seems you're willing to accept a lot from Trump in order to get what you want politically. That's the problem. The fact he blatantly lies constantly is acceptable. The fact he treats women like pieces of meat and brags he can get away with it because he's a "celebrity" is acceptable. The fact he is a bully is acceptable. The fact he believes Putin over his own intelligence agencies is acceptable. The fact he is an extreme narcissist is acceptable (and please don't tell me he hasn't been diagnosed as an extreme narcissist). The fact he has alienated our closest foreign allies, while praising Kim Jung Un and Putin, is acceptable. The fact that he enjoys humiliating people is acceptable to you. The fact he encourages people to commit violence is acceptable to you. The fact he encourages bigotry and racism is acceptable to you. The fact he deliberately encourages divisiveness in the country is acceptable to you.

Exactly what would it take for you not to find him acceptable?
That is what is scary. They are willing to accept permanent damage to Democracy in the US in exchange for some Tax Breaks and a Supreme Court seat. Disgusting, really.
Irony is it might backfire. The GOP mights be so badly damaged that the idea of adding a couple of seats to the Supreme Court (which Congress can do) just to counter balance the Trump appointees might be popular.
In fact, I am about ready to accuse some here of just plain hating democracy, and wanting some kind of rule by a wealthy elite.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2018, 06:30 PM   #242
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Felon In Chief.
Old 24th August 2018, 07:07 AM   #243
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Has anybody posted this gem yet: "Marmalade Shartcannon"
Old 24th August 2018, 07:11 AM   #244
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
That is what is scary. They are willing to accept permanent damage to Democracy in the US in exchange for some Tax Breaks and a Supreme Court seat. Disgusting, really.
Irony is it might backfire. The GOP mights be so badly damaged that the idea of adding a couple of seats to the Supreme Court (which Congress can do) just to counter balance the Trump appointees might be popular.
In fact, I am about ready to accuse some here of just plain hating democracy, and wanting some kind of rule by a wealthy elite.
By 'here' do you mean the USA? In which case, yes obviously, this is the core of the 47% argument. Not a new problem... Philosophy question, is this what they called the Platonic Corruption? ie: rejecting pure democracy citing a belief that the little people are not competent, so arguing for an elitist restriction on who could vote and who could run for office
Old 24th August 2018, 08:11 AM   #245
Degeneve
Muse

After his statement that the SEC would collapse in case he would be impeached, Chantecler seems appropriate.

According to a play written by French author Edmond Rostand Chantecler is a rooster who is convinced that his crowing causes the sun to rise.
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2018, 08:41 AM   #246
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Degeneve View Post
After his statement that the SEC would collapse in case he would be impeached, Chantecler seems appropriate.

According to a play written by French author Edmond Rostand Chantecler is a rooster who is convinced that his crowing causes the sun to rise.
Did I miss something? SEC? I know he said the market would decline, but I can't find any specific reference to the SEC.
Old 24th August 2018, 08:42 AM   #247
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Degeneve View Post

In his latest statement Trump threatened to plunge the world into darkness by closing his eyes and keeping them shut.
Old 24th August 2018, 11:20 AM   #248
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
In his latest statement Trump threatened to plunge the world into darkness by closing his eyes and keeping them shut.
Bwwwaaaahaaahaaaaa! Sadly, I think he might actually believe that!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2018, 11:53 AM   #249
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by blutoski View Post
Did I miss something? SEC? I know he said the market would decline, but I can't find any specific reference to the SEC.
You won't. They've not really been relevant since they let TAMU in.

/s

I assume it was just a bad reference to the markets.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2018, 12:06 PM   #250
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
You won't. They've not really been relevant since they let TAMU in.

/s

I assume it was just a bad reference to the markets.
Makes sense. Which, actually, I think is possibly true, hard to predict. Could go either way. His policies have been both bullish (tax cuts, deregulation) and bearish (tariffs, pro-inflationary).

We're reaching the end of the 2009-onward Obama recovery; I predict it will level off for awhile and fluctuate up and down normally, a slight correction when anticipated windfalls from overseas tax amnesty and trickledown does not materialize... is entirely possible within the year. Curious to see how the administration spins it.
Old 24th August 2018, 12:47 PM   #251
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

We're reaching the end of the 2009-onward Obama recovery; I predict it will level off for awhile and fluctuate up and down normally, a slight correction when anticipated windfalls from overseas tax amnesty and trickledown does not materialize... is entirely possible within the year. Curious to see how the administration spins it.
Benghazi. Emails.
Old 24th August 2018, 12:49 PM   #252
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post
Benghazi. Emails.
I'm thinking more along the lines of: market crashing b/c Democrats take House.
Old 24th August 2018, 12:51 PM   #253
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Deleted

Last edited by LSSBB; 24th August 2018 at 12:53 PM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2018, 12:55 PM   #254
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Inflation is heating up. Hence interest rate hikes.
Yes, what I mean is that while the independent fed is trying to manage inflation, his administration is pro-inflationary in that he is criticizing the interest rate hikes. He demands low interest rates, which will further exacerbate inflation.

I'm not sure why he is asking the fed to hold off on interest rate hikes. Just speculation, but I bet it affects his loans, he is likely highly leveraged.
Old 24th August 2018, 01:23 PM   #255
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Yes, what I mean is that while the independent fed is trying to manage inflation, his administration is pro-inflationary in that he is criticizing the interest rate hikes. He demands low interest rates, which will further exacerbate inflation.

I'm not sure why he is asking the fed to hold off on interest rate hikes. Just speculation, but I bet it affects his loans, he is likely highly leveraged.
Wow, you are quick. I posted that based on my perception of raws at work. Current fed guidance looks like inflation is levelled off. Hopefully that carries over to the raws we use...
Old 24th August 2018, 01:34 PM   #256
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I'm thinking more along the lines of: market crashing b/c Democrats take House.
We have a winner, folks.

Then something about the impeachment hearings acting as a drag on the economy.

Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2018, 01:56 PM   #257
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
We have a winner, folks.

Then something about the impeachment hearings acting as a drag on the economy.
And let's not forget good old fashioned [witchcraft].
Old 24th August 2018, 02:15 PM   #258
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Has anyone come up with

Don Trump?

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2018, 02:52 PM   #259
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Has anyone come up with

Don Trump?
Not bad.

Don the Don.
Old 24th August 2018, 02:59 PM   #260
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Has anybody posted this gem yet: "Marmalade Shartcannon"
No idea, but it made me laugh
Old 27th August 2018, 10:12 AM   #261
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Draft dodging Donald!
Old 27th August 2018, 10:32 AM   #262
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Person 1.
Old 27th August 2018, 10:36 AM   #263
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Bad Client

Old 27th August 2018, 11:36 AM   #264
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I read one yesterday - Trumplestiltskin.
Although I'd change it to Trumplethinskin.
Old 27th August 2018, 01:36 PM   #265
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I read one yesterday - Trumplestiltskin.
Although I'd change it to Trumplethinskin.
That's the one I've been waiting for.

I haven't been reading this thread but Tapa displays the most recent post so I've kept watching for it.
Someone posted it in some Trump thread here maybe 6 weeks ago, and I was hoping it would make it into this one... it's a leading contender in my eyes.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2018, 07:02 PM   #266
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Prison Informant #2
Old 29th August 2018, 04:19 AM   #267
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

"Donny ThreeTimes".

Since he says everything three times. You know he does. He always does.
Old 29th August 2018, 06:14 AM   #268
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Commander Bonespurs
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2018, 06:19 AM   #269
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Mr. "I-don't-know-what-the-US-Flag-looks-like"
Old 29th August 2018, 06:49 AM   #270
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Because it's been a few pages, I'm just going to reiterate my support for:
  • Don the Con
  • Benedict Donald
Old 29th August 2018, 07:22 AM   #271
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
No love for "President Poe"?

Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2018, 03:57 PM   #272
Mojo
Mostly harmless

“Pumpkin Positive.”

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2018, 04:07 PM   #273
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Hey, don't be denigrating the noble pumpkin, the flying fruit!
Old 30th August 2018, 04:10 PM   #274
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

loser

nearly 150 clownstick tweets contain 'loser', must be one of his favorites

oops, almost forgot the evidence
https://twitter.com/search?q=loser%2...Trump&src=typd

hater is tweeted nearly 115 times, must be one of his other favorite nicks
https://twitter.com/search?q=hater%2...Trump&src=typd

Last edited by beachnut; 30th August 2018 at 04:13 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2018, 05:05 PM   #275
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.cnn.com/entertainment/li...6edee5b0ba191a
Maybe he can pick a new nickname from this bunch.

Quote:
Speaking of President Trump, Dyson said, "this orange apparition had the nerve to say she worked for him. You lugubrious leech, you dopey doppelgänger of deceit and deviance, you lethal liar, you dimwitted dictator, you foolish fascist -- she ain't work for you. She worked above you. She worked beyond you. Get your preposition right."
Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2018, 05:57 PM   #276
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post

Ranb
That made me realize that just about any insult to The Robot by Dr. Zachary Smith would work, but especially "bubble-headed booby".
Old 31st August 2018, 06:12 PM   #277
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

"Squirrel". As in "Look over there! SQUIRREL!! BENGHAZI!!!!."

ETA: E-MAILS!!!!!

Last edited by Trebuchet; 31st August 2018 at 06:13 PM.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2018, 07:55 PM   #278
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2018, 09:47 PM   #279
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Speaking of President Trump, Dyson said, "this orange apparition had the nerve to say she worked for him. You lugubrious leech, you dopey doppelgänger of deceit and deviance, you lethal liar, you dimwitted dictator, you foolish fascist -- she ain't work for you. She worked above you. She worked beyond you. Get your preposition right."
Ranb
watched some of the funeral posted on youtube - Dyson introduced people present, including "President Clinton and her husband".

If trump attends an event, the intro could be -

We are proud to present the "dopey doppelganger of deceit and deviance", the President of the “United Shates.”
Old 1st September 2018, 05:31 AM   #280
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Ranb
As I'm sure Smartcooky and Skeptic Ginger amongst others would point out - this fits with a diagnosis of NPD in that Trump had to make it about him:

Quote:
“I want to begin today by expressing my condolences to the family of a person I knew well — she worked for me on numerous occasions,”

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics