IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 16th April 2020, 10:24 AM   #321
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Quote:
@OANN Poll . . .
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Bwahahhahhahhah.
I had the same reaction.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 10:27 AM   #322
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Same here. I'm hoping that they are prioritizing those who need it more than I do.
They're not if I'm any example.

I think they should have cross checked with those who've applied for unemployment and paid them first if possible.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 10:27 AM   #323
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Iran is acting up. Or it's being hyped up. Either way, just the sort of distraction Trump needs right now.
Old 16th April 2020, 10:29 AM   #324
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Iran is acting up. Or it's being hyped up. Either way, just the sort of distraction Trump needs right now.
Iran is literally always doing this sort of thing. The Navy is used to it.

I'm not saying it's not newsworthy, but it's probably not emblematic of anything.
Old 16th April 2020, 11:34 AM   #325
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Crazy “Nancy Pelosi, you are a weak person. You are a poor leader. You are the reason America hates career politicians, like yourself.” @seanhannity She is totally incompetent & controlled by the Radical Left, a weak and pathetic puppet. Come back to Washington and do your job!

@OANN Poll “Gives President Trump a 52% Approval Rating in North Carolina, and a seven point lead over (Sleepy) Joe Biden. The President also helps other Republican Candidates, including @SenThomTillis, who has a 4% lead over his Democrat rival.”
Let me get this straight... an OANN poll gives Trump a 7-point lead in Jesse Helms Country?
Old 16th April 2020, 11:56 AM   #326
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Democrats are blocking additional funding for the popular Paycheck Protection Program. They are killing American small businesses. Stop playing politics Dems! Support Refilling PPP NOW – it is out of funds!

Major News Conference tonight, the White House at 6:00 P.M. (Eastern), to explain Guidelines for OPENING UP AMERICA AGAIN!
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 12:01 PM   #327
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Major News Conference tonight, the White House at 6:00 P.M. (Eastern), to explain Guidelines for OPENING UP AMERICA AGAIN!
Translation: Yet another Trump **** show.

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 12:09 PM   #328
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Translation: Yet another Trump **** show.
Who watches these things (other than idiots and masochists)?
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 12:12 PM   #329
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I can't anymore, but someone has to so we can keep abreast of what this imbecile is planning.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 12:12 PM   #330
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

People like me hoping to see Trump have another meltdown when a reporter calls him on his ****.
Old 16th April 2020, 12:18 PM   #331
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Democrats are blocking additional funding for the popular Paycheck Protection Program. They are killing American small businesses. Stop playing politics Dems! Support Refilling PPP NOW – it is out of funds!

Quote:
But Democrats want to ensure that some of the money is prioritized for companies run by minorities and women that may not have existing relationships with banks. They are also calling for additional funding for hospitals as well as state and local governments.
https://www.usnews.com/news/economy/...ls-in-congress

Damn Dems wanting minorities and women run companies to get priority and hospitals, local and state governments to get additional funding! We all know how white male run companies are discriminated against by banks!
Old 16th April 2020, 12:24 PM   #332
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump tweets

Crazy Nancy Pelosi deleted this from her Twitter account. She wanted everyone to pack into Chinatown long after I closed the BORDER TO CHINA. Based on her statement, she is responsible for many deaths. She’s an incompetent, third-rate politician!

(link to video in tweet). https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...52583318736896
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 12:29 PM   #333
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Trump tweets

Crazy Nancy Pelosi deleted this from her Twitter account. She wanted everyone to pack into Chinatown long after I closed the BORDER TO CHINA. Based on her statement, she is responsible for many deaths. She’s an incompetent, third-rate politician!
The big fat liar did no such thing.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-tr...deb1ce0b3.html

Quote:
Nearly 40,000 Americans and authorized travelers have come into the U.S. from China since President Trump imposed travel restrictions more than two months ago, the New York Times reports.

Why it matters: Trump has suggested that his action to ban foreigners from entering the U.S. if they were in China before early February has contributed to lower COVID-19 cases and fatalities in the U.S.

"I cut off China very early. And if I didn’t, we would have a chart that you wouldn’t believe," Trump said at a briefing on Friday, referring to White House models on where the virus has spread in the U.S. and how many deaths have occurred.
Details: 279 flights from China have arrived in the U.S since Trump's travel restrictions were announced, "and screening procedures have been uneven," the Times notes.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 16th April 2020 at 12:35 PM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 12:35 PM   #334
gregthehammer
Muse

Trump tweets

is this another one of his "I know you are but what am I" defenses?
gregthehammer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 01:01 PM   #335
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I can't anymore, but someone has to so we can keep abreast of what this imbecile is planning.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
People like me hoping to see Trump have another meltdown when a reporter calls him on his ****.
My wife watches every day, almost entirely for Stacy's reason. I retreat to the other end of the house and put headphones on so I can't hear him.
Old 16th April 2020, 01:09 PM   #336
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

My wife watches every day, almost entirely for Stacy's reason. I retreat to the other end of the house and put headphones on so I can't hear him.
I have a question. Is he really as inarticulate as he seems, or is he just pandering to his base by not using them fancy words?

WS
Old 16th April 2020, 01:09 PM   #337
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

On February 24, Nancy Pelosi was on TV saying she thought it was safe for people to visit San Francisco's Chinatown where business had dropped dramatically. On that date there were no confirmed cases of coronavirus in San Francisco. Three days later the state public health director announced:
Quote:
“I want to emphasize the risk to the American public remains low,” says Dr. Sonia Y. Angell, California Department of Public Health Director and State Health Officer, echoing previous comments. Link
This is what Trump was saying two days after Pelosi visited San Francisco's Chinatown:
Quote:
And, so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people and their recovery, one is — one is pretty sick but hopefully will recover, but the others are in great shape. And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done," the president said during a Coronavirus Task Force Press briefing at the White House. Link
Sounds like this thing is pretty much over, eh Mr. Prez? Great job, Sir!

newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 01:14 PM   #338
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
On February 24, Nancy Pelosi was on TV saying she thought it was safe for people to visit San Francisco's Chinatown where business had dropped dramatically. On that date there were no confirmed cases of coronavirus in San Francisco. Three days later the state public health director announced:

This is what Trump was saying two days after Pelosi visited San Francisco's Chinatown:

Sounds like this thing is pretty much over, eh Mr. Prez? Great job, Sir!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Quote:
United States
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
10 out of 10. Sir.

WS
Old 16th April 2020, 01:17 PM   #339
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I have a question. Is he really as inarticulate as he seems, or is he just pandering to his base by not using them fancy words?
Listen to him on the Cohen tapes. Totally different inflection and affect. I wouldn't go so far as to call him articulate or well spoken, but he at least talks like a human being capable of human speech.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/opini...zer/index.html
Old 16th April 2020, 01:18 PM   #340
carlitos
"más divertido"

I see that now the Midwest governors are cooperating on health and economic reopen plans. So we have 3 different groups of states already formed: Midwest, West and East. Imagine in all 50 states could band together on this, almost a “Confederation” of 50 states. I’d like to read some Articles on this.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 01:20 PM   #341
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Listen to him on the Cohen tapes. Totally different inflection and affect. I wouldn't go so far as to call him articulate or well spoken, but he at least talks like a human being capable of human speech.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/opini...zer/index.html

True. Some, especially in another thread, would argue that this is mental deterioration. I don’t know if it’s an act, or more just speaking differently in different circumstances.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 01:21 PM   #342
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Er... why would watching him and him saying anything keep you abreast of what he is planning, he changes his mind by the time he gets to the end of his sentences! If you want to know what he will actually do, watch Fox and friends...
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 01:55 PM   #343
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

The United States could send Russia ventilators

Quote:
I think Russia is going to need ventilators. They're having a hard time in Moscow. We're going to help them,” Trump said in a televised briefing
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...mp-says-a70008
Old 16th April 2020, 01:56 PM   #344
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Assumes facts not in evidence.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 03:04 PM   #345
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Same here. Those happen to come on at a time when I am doing household chores, like collecting the garbage and cleaning the litter box. It seems appropriate background noise.
Old 16th April 2020, 03:10 PM   #346
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I walked by her end a minute ago. He sounds drugged. Very much a monotone.
Trump's "gift" is extemporaneous speaking. He can talk without notes for hours on end. It may not mean anything, or consist of a series of lies, but he can do it. Having to work from notes is something he's just not good at.
Old 16th April 2020, 03:39 PM   #347
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I walked by her end a minute ago. He sounds drugged. Very much a monotone.
Trump's "gift" is extemporaneous speaking. He can talk without notes for hours on end. It may not mean anything, or consist of a series of lies, but he can do it. Having to work from notes is something he's just not good at.
Like I said above, he's wooden, stilted, and monotone when he's reading...because he can read the words but he does not process the meaning of what he's reading well. Comprehension problems. That's why he becomes animated and appears much more confident when he's speaking rather than reading.

My best friend is a reading specialist. I'm going to ask her to watch him and get her opinion on this.
Old 16th April 2020, 03:42 PM   #348
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

My best friend is a reading specialist. I'm going to ask her to watch him and get her opinion on this.
You're going to lose a friend.

WS
Old 16th April 2020, 03:46 PM   #349
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You're going to lose a friend.
Nah. She's a professional. She can handle the waves of nausea that result from too much Trump exposure.
Old 16th April 2020, 03:55 PM   #350
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

"Nationwide, more than 850 counties—or nearly 30 percent—have reported no new cases in the last 7 days." – President @realDonaldTrump

3100 counties in the US 73% report new cases.
Old 16th April 2020, 04:05 PM   #351
Cain
Straussian

Like I said above, he's wooden, stilted, and monotone when he's reading...because he can read the words but he does not process the meaning of what he's reading well. Comprehension problems. That's why he becomes animated and appears much more confident when he's speaking rather than reading.
I've always assumed it's because he's too vain to wear reading glasses.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 04:15 PM   #352
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I see that now the Midwest governors are cooperating on health and economic reopen plans. So we have 3 different groups of states already formed: Midwest, West and East. Imagine in all 50 states could band together on this, almost a “Confederation” of 50 states. I’d like to read some Articles on this.
But if we have 3 groups then all we need is 9 more. Then we could have 12 ... let’s call them districts. I think America is ready for a fight-to-the-death tournament.
Old 16th April 2020, 04:18 PM   #353
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Im not a professional, but I suspect he could get better if he weren’t too vain to practice each speech.
Old 16th April 2020, 04:35 PM   #354
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

If he's too vain to wear glasses then he could wear 'reading' contacts that correct both near and far seeing problems. Or, he could get laser surgery that does the same thing. I got that almost 30 years ago. It was very easy. Personally, I'd rather get either than look like a 3rd grade school kid reading a book report that clearly my high school sibling wrote for me.
Old 16th April 2020, 05:12 PM   #355
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

If he's too vain to wear glasses then he could wear 'reading' contacts that correct both near and far seeing problems. Or, he could get laser surgery that does the same thing. I got that almost 30 years ago. It was very easy. Personally, I'd rather get either than look like a 3rd grade school kid reading a book report that clearly my high school sibling wrote for me.
Considering how much he bitched about getting a swab up his nose -- for days, in fact -- I don't think he's going for any operation on his eyes.
Old 16th April 2020, 05:32 PM   #356
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

I don’t think that will solve the problem.
They already print his written comments in 60-point type (or larger).

It is most likely a brain-processing thing.

Last edited by Ladewig; 16th April 2020 at 05:34 PM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2020, 05:42 PM   #357
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Considering how much he bitched about getting a swab up his nose -- for days, in fact -- I don't think he's going for any operation on his eyes.
It was very easy. I've had it done twice and refused the mild tranquilizer the second time because I knew it was no big deal. I'd rather have that done than go to the dentist!
Old 16th April 2020, 05:49 PM   #358
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
I don’t think that will solve the problem.
They already print his written comments in 60-point type (or larger).

It is most likely a brain-processing thing.
I agree. My sister has the same problem with processing the written word. Show her; she gets it. Read it; forget it. When she was in 2nd grade and her class* was given a written IQ test, she scored in the 'retarded' category. She went on to get a BS in nursing, achieve the rank of major in the Army Reserves and captain in the the active Air Force, and run the maternity ward in the King Faisal Royal Hospital in Saudi Arabia for 4 years.
Old 16th April 2020, 05:54 PM   #359
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
He doesn't even let [spray tan] near his eyes. He's gone full Orangeface from those eye cups.

regarding nose swabs... hey we don't know his nose. he could have a deviated septum for all we know.
Old 16th April 2020, 06:09 PM   #360
SezMe
post-pre-born

Trump tweets

Chinatown was empty because all the people who commute daily between Wuhan and San Francisco couldn't get a flight.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics