IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags michelle obama

Old 11th May 2020, 01:23 AM   #121
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

I hope this is our forever top thread.
Old 11th May 2020, 12:51 PM   #122
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Certain snowflakes certainly seem to get upset easily by people of color saying stuff they have to try hard to take offense at.
Oh, and it wouldn't surprise me to hear Melanie saying the same thing. She has a history of that.

I only remember her singing about rollerskates!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2020, 01:25 PM   #123
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
...So clearly this was not an attempt to claim the title of Forever First Lady, but just a typical motivational speech that you might hear anywhere...
I agree. The quote is:
Quote:
And if I can be standing here as your forever first lady.
Not America's forever first lady -- as this thread alleges she claimed -- her audience's forever first lady. And who was her audience? Largely inner city Philadelphia college bound high school seniors. Michelle Obama also told them when she was a college-bound high school senior, her high school counselor 'advised her' not to set her sights too high. Michelle went on to say:
Quote:
“You guys ignored the haters."
Excellent advice.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics