IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 24th May 2020, 10:27 AM   #161
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

And the few Republicans who thought they could do a 25th Amendment read up on it and learned that not only do you need 2/3 of the Senate and the House, you need the VP to put his signature on it. I believe it would be easier to get Trump’s signature on a paper saying Trump was too crazy to hold office than it would be to get Pence’s signature on that paper.
Old 24th May 2020, 10:30 AM   #162
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
I think, and it is probably wishful thinking, that a fair number of Republicans, perhaps even a lot, are people of intelligence and integrity. They jumped on the Trump bandwagon, because there was no alternative, and he seemed to be a useful idiot. However, he has become a loose cannon, and they would dearly want to get rid of him. But they can't, without giving the WH to the Dems. And they don't want to be smeared as dissidents. So they hope he will either burn out or loose the the election. THEN they can wash their hands and put all the blame on Trump.
With the proviso that, by "fair number of Republicans," we're talking about the rank-and-file, I would agree that a lot, even most of them, are people with intelligence and integrity- I just don't think it's necessary to demonize people with whom I simply don't agree on politics; even aside from the utility of it, it's painting with too broad a brush to call them stupid or mean, the same sort of brush they use when they paint liberals as evil commies (or whatever). As for the intelligence of McConnell and others- my questions are predicated on that assumption, it's the integrity I doubt.

Quote:
This just might make a lot of GOP voters, not vote the other way, but stay home. In this context, Joe Biden, who honestly deserves Trumps nickname, Sleepy Joe, could be a good thing: He is acceptably harmless and probably won't last more than one term. So Republicans fed up with Trump can bear having him in the WH for a term.

Then, I hope, the Dems will use the time to find a serious candidate.

.. Whazzit?! Oh, just woke up. ... What DID I dream?

Hans
I wonder if Biden couldn't make a winning strategy of promising to serve only one term? Something along the lines of "we need a return to normalcy after four years of the un-ending ****-show that has been the Trump presidency. If you elect me, I will serve four years only, to allow America to catch its breath, to allow the decent Republicans to re-assert themselves openly, and then let there be a fair trial of policies, as opposed to just cut-throat politics." This is not to say that Biden couldn't push policies he believed in during his four years, since those would also be out in the open, and he would, after all, owe something to people who voted for him out of belief in those policies, not just as the anti-Trump; but a kind of caretaker Presidency maybe wouldn't be such a bad thing after what has pretty well defined the worst thing.

I dunno, just a thought that occurred to me- I'm sure there are all kind of valid objections to the idea.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 10:39 AM   #163
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Off the record, there are hundreds of Republican Congress-critters who say, “sure, I could speak out against Trump’s actions, but even if I critize one tiny part of his behavior, he will attack me with a scorched-earth fervor. And that means a Trump-backed loon will challenge me in the primary and win. And then in the election, the Trump-backed loon will lose to the Democrat. I do not believe turning my seat over to a Democrat helps me, my constituents, or my country. Therefore I am not going to be the first one to stop clapping at a Saddam Hussein rally.”
Well, as alfaniner says, there are probably going to be plenty who will be willing to go on the record like that after the ****-show is over. They may truly believe they are doing the best thing for the country by doing the best thing for their party- but I would just counter that that sort of argument depends on seeing the priorities backward, and that a party that depends so heavily on one lunatic's approval maybe isn't worth the saving.

Last edited by turingtest; 24th May 2020 at 10:45 AM. Reason: grammar
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 10:49 AM   #164
carlosy
Muse

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I wonder at what tipping point many (any?) Trump supporters are going to wake up and say "What was I thinking? How did I not see this before? This guy is absolutely ******* insane!"
Really?

I think we are past that point many many times.
There is nothing to tip anymore.
carlosy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 10:54 AM   #165
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Can I get some help please? After Trump insisted everyone should go back to church, I assumed there’d be footage of him attending a large, public service this morning.
Can’t seem to find it, does anyone know if he went to church?
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 11:11 AM   #166
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

I always stand with leaders who weren’t afraid to stand early with me. That’s why I am supporting a true conservative, @DanJohnstonND for State Treasurer of North Dakota!

Cases, numbers and deaths are going down all over the Country!
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 11:11 AM   #167
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Can I get some help please? After Trump insisted everyone should go back to church, I assumed there’d be footage of him attending a large, public service this morning.
Sure - Our Lady of 18 Holes.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 11:13 AM   #168
slyjoe
Illuminator

Trump Tweets

I always stand with leaders who weren’t afraid to stand early with me. That’s why I am supporting a true conservative, @DanJohnstonND for State Treasurer of North Dakota!

Wrong. Also, how do deaths EVER go down? Is he bringing some of them back?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 11:31 AM   #169
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Wrong. Also, how do deaths EVER go down? Is he bringing some of them back?
I'm pretty sure he means death rates. But no doubt some of his acolytes would believe he could raise the dead if he told them he could.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 11:36 AM   #170
Paul2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
I've been wondering how McConnell and the other Republican heavyweights feel every time Trump tweets (or re-tweets) some truly foul thing(s) like the above. Surely, any decent human being's reaction has got to be "oh, for chrissake! This is the President???!!?!?!?" And for those Republicans to realize that this guy is also the head of their party, the guy who represents them- that must, on some level, make them wonder just what the **** it is they're doing when they keep propping him up. Is it really too late for them to just cut their losses, admit out loud what a lot of them have to be thinking to themselves ("what a moron!"), and hope for a better figure-head the next time around? Surely just about any other Republican can get their policies passed, if the policies are that good? Or do they just shrug and say "well, it was a winning strategy before, so what the hell..."?

Well, those are mostly rhetorical questions, I guess, especially the last- they don't care about policy, they care about politics, and winning isn't everything, it's the only thing that counts in that.
Maybe they are taking the stance of a pro - that is, a pro will do what has to be done to promote your team - like a sports team - and everyone knows that tough stuff has to be put up with because that's how the game is played, no hard feelings. Politics is a rough business.

I am NOT endorsing this approach, only ID'ing it for what it is, and putting it out as part of the reason, perhaps, for our current insanity. Understanding that politics is dirty business is one thing, but it's also about running a country, too, with actual people in it who suffer or benefit by playing the dirty game.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 11:54 AM   #171
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

I always stand with leaders who weren’t afraid to stand early with me.
Must ring a little hollow with Jeff Sessions.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 11:55 AM   #172
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 12:01 PM   #173
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
What is really going to piss me off, and I'm sure it's going to happen, is that sometime next year after Trump is out, some Republican is going to be interviewed and say "Oh, we knew he was an idiot all the time! We just went along because he was the leader of the Party." I know, it's actually been said by some of the people he fired.
I don't think you'll hear that from Senators or Congressmen who still need the support of the Know-Nothings.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 12:03 PM   #174
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if Biden couldn't make a winning strategy of promising to serve only one term? Something along the lines of "we need a return to normalcy after four years of the un-ending ****-show that has been the Trump presidency. If you elect me, I will serve four years only, to allow America to catch its breath, to allow the decent Republicans to re-assert themselves openly, and then let there be a fair trial of policies, as opposed to just cut-throat politics." This is not to say that Biden couldn't push policies he believed in during his four years, since those would also be out in the open, and he would, after all, owe something to people who voted for him out of belief in those policies, not just as the anti-Trump; but a kind of caretaker Presidency maybe wouldn't be such a bad thing after what has pretty well defined the worst thing.

I dunno, just a thought that occurred to me- I'm sure there are all kind of valid objections to the idea.
The first one that comes to mind is that it gives the GOP that much more reason to obstruct, in hopes that they win in four years.

Of course, it's unclear how much more they could obstruct.

Last edited by phiwum; 24th May 2020 at 12:05 PM.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 12:04 PM   #175
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Though not, notably, in North Dakota.
Old 24th May 2020, 12:30 PM   #176
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Well, as alfaniner says, there are probably going to be plenty who will be willing to go on the record like that after the ****-show is over. They may truly believe they are doing the best thing for the country by doing the best thing for their party- but I would just counter that that sort of argument depends on seeing the priorities backward, and that a party that depends so heavily on one lunatic's approval maybe isn't worth the saving.
Hmmm. I never thought of it from that perspective.
What I described is the equivalent of saying, I would rather give explicit and implicit support to a chuckle-headed president who is willing to endanger the country rather than admit the tiniest of flaws than to have one single democrat added to the House of Representatives.

eta
what I described could also be motivated by saying as bad as Toddler-In-Chief is, Pence would be worse so I won’t speak out.

Last edited by Ladewig; 24th May 2020 at 12:33 PM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 12:33 PM   #177
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
I think, and it is probably wishful thinking, that a fair number of Republicans, perhaps even a lot, are people of intelligence and integrity. They jumped on the Trump bandwagon, because there was no alternative, and he seemed to be a useful idiot. However, he has become a loose cannon, and they would dearly want to get rid of him. But they can't, without giving the WH to the Dems. And they don't want to be smeared as dissidents. So they hope he will either burn out or loose the the election. THEN they can wash their hands and put all the blame on Trump.

When I was growing up, a lot of Americans held to the notion, "Politics ends at the water's edge". That is, when dealing with other countries, you stood together as Americans, no matter what your domestic differences might have been.

That attitude has gone by the wayside of late, but I'd like to promote a renewed vision of such a thing, tweaked for the modern era: "Politics ends at the President's buttocks". If the President is so bad that you think you need to kiss his ass to make the country work, it's time to ditch that President, no matter which party they are from.
Old 24th May 2020, 12:37 PM   #178
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlosy View Post
Really?

I think we are past that point many many times.
There is nothing to tip anymore.
Sure, we're past that point with intelligent people and independents. The key words were "Trump supporters." I don't think the remainder are all entirely irredeemable.
Old 24th May 2020, 01:18 PM   #179
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Perhaps the man who has emerged as trump's most crucial ally, Kentucky senator Mitch McConnell, needs to stay on good terms with trump. One thing I have discovered from reading local news stories about McConnell is, he's very unpopular in his home state. He usually has the lowest approval rating -- and highest disapproval rating -- of any U.S. senator. Right now he's at 41% approve and 48% disapprove his performance. Even among Kentuckians who identify as Republicans, he only gets a 69% approval rating. McConnell is up for reelection this Fall and without trump's help Mitch might find himself out of office. Public Policy Polling Kentucky

Below is a billboard put up by a local pro-Democratic PAC along I-75 in Berea Kentucky. The McConnells estimate their net worth as "ranging from $13.42 million to $54.56 million. The couple has a variety of assets, including bank accounts, trusts, mutual funds, retirement accounts and stocks." gobankingrates.com Most of it actually comes from his wife's side of the family. McConnell makes it easy not to like him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg We're rich!.jpg (88.6 KB, 19 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 01:30 PM   #180
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Of course there is footage of Trump going to church. He stood at the front pew pretending to conduct the choir, and when the priest tried to give a sermon Trump walked up to him and pushed him aside with a smirk on his face and proceeded to give a glowering speech on how much God loved him and how the fake news media was tanking, and how the invisible Democrat hoax was driven back to China, and how lovable and huggable the choir girls all were, if only he had been their age.

Naturally, evil fake news MSM did not cover any of this, but his ratings were yuge, and priests from most of the country, all of the country, all of the world, are calling him saying, sir, what a lovely performance at the sermon, you really should be a priest if you weren't President.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 01:44 PM   #181
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Kevin Sorbo
@ksorbs
This should be on a giant billboard in every city in the US.
"America does not need to see the tax return of a billionaire who became a public servant. America needs to see the tax returns of public servants who became millionaires while being public servants.”
Old 24th May 2020, 01:45 PM   #182
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

The Hill
@thehill
Trump considers forming panel to investigate anti-conservative bias on social media: report http://hill.cm/s1TaR43
Old 24th May 2020, 01:54 PM   #183
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Trump Retweeted

Kevin Sorbo
@ksorbs
"America does not need to see the tax return of a billionaire who became a public servant. America needs to see the tax returns of public servants who became millionaires while being public servants.”
I think Hercules never recovered from being less successful and beloved than Xena.
Old 24th May 2020, 01:56 PM   #184
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

The Hill
@thehill
Trump considers forming panel to investigate anti-conservative bias on social media: report http://hill.cm/s1TaR43
"Sir, we are recommending recommend shutting down Twitter, Facebook, and all the other services where people say powerfully bad things about you."

...and that will be the end of THAT committee too.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 02:05 PM   #185
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
"Sir, we are recommending recommend shutting down Twitter, Facebook, and all the other services where people say powerfully bad things about you."

...and that will be the end of THAT committee too.
Nevermind that the reality seems to be pretty much the opposite. Facebook and social media in general have largely shown significant bias in FAVOR of Republicans and so called conservatives. That massive numbers of hostile and divisive bots are literally indistiguishable from self-proclaimed "conservatives" does, however, mean that in culls of hostile bots, said real people will sometimes get caught too. And howl bloody murder frequently enough like the snowflakes working to build a wildly unearned victim narrative that they are.

Going beyond that for Facebook specifically, there are multiple Republicans in power there who have been pointedly making decisions that are brazenly biased towards Trump and the Republicans.

Last edited by Aridas; 24th May 2020 at 02:09 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 02:25 PM   #186
shemp

Unless someone hacked her account, Ann Coulter has gone Full Mental Jacket on Trump!

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."

Last edited by shemp; 24th May 2020 at 02:44 PM.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 02:28 PM   #187
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Nevermind that the reality seems to be pretty much the opposite. Facebook and social media in general have largely shown significant bias in FAVOR of Republicans and so called conservatives. That massive numbers of hostile and divisive bots are literally indistiguishable from self-proclaimed "conservatives" does, however, mean that in culls of hostile bots, said real people will sometimes get caught too. And howl bloody murder frequently enough like the snowflakes working to build a wildly unearned victim narrative that they are.

Going beyond that for Facebook specifically, there are multiple Republicans in power there who have been pointedly making decisions that are brazenly biased towards Trump and the Republicans.
What I meant was that Trump lives by Twitter. It is his megaphone. He loves it. So if they try to tell him to shut it down, then the committee must have obviously gotten it wrong.

Also, forcing selective removal of content is pretty blatant censorship. I would hope the First Amendment screamers would be up in arms about that.

Finally, Twitter is global, not limited by any borders. The anti-Trump stuff would continue unabated no matter what efforts he would want in place. Unless Twitter was totally shut down (see point 1).
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 02:35 PM   #188
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Trump Retweeted

Kevin Sorbo
@ksorbs
I don't know that I disagree with the second part; but I don't know why Hercules acts as if there's some definition of a billionaire that one (Trump, of course) could only ever decide to become a public servant out of motives of perfect altruism. After all, if a person becomes a public servant with the aim of using that position in order to make a fortune, surely a billionaire has at least a thousand times more motive to become a public servant in order to protect one?

Last edited by turingtest; 24th May 2020 at 02:39 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 24th May 2020, 02:36 PM   #189
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

A lot of interest in this story about Psycho Joe Scarborough. So a young marathon runner just happened to faint in his office, hit her head on his desk, & die? I would think there is a lot more to this story than that? An affair? What about the so-called investigator? Read story!
Quote Tweet

Thomas Paine
@Thomas1774Paine
Evidence Shows Foul Play Likely in Scarborough Aide’s Suspicious Death in His Congressional Office https://truepundit.com/flashback-evi...sional-office/
Quote:
Trump Tweets

The United States cannot have all Mail In Ballots. It will be the greatest Rigged Election in history. People grab them from mailboxes, print thousands of forgeries and “force” people to sign. Also, forge names. Some absentee OK, when necessary. Trying to use Covid for this Scam!
Trump's tweets read more like an Enquirer or Sun front page than a president's statement.

How can any Republican with more than two brain cells see this as anything more than extremely embarrassing? Come on, ISF Republicans, explain this to me. Defend this kind of behavior with some kind of rational reason.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 24th May 2020 at 02:43 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 02:41 PM   #190
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

What I meant was that Trump lives by Twitter. It is his megaphone. He loves it. So if they try to tell him to shut it down, then the committee must have obviously gotten it wrong.

Also, forcing selective removal of content is pretty blatant censorship. I would hope the First Amendment screamers would be up in arms about that.

Finally, Twitter is global, not limited by any borders. The anti-Trump stuff would continue unabated no matter what efforts he would want in place. Unless Twitter was totally shut down (see point 1).
Like most of the Trumpers, you don't understand the First Ammendment. You get a pass for being Australian, they don't.

The First Ammendment applies only to GOVERNMENT censorship. Private companies like Twitter, Google, Facebook, and yes, Breitbart are free to choose what content they allow.
Trump tweeting that MSDNC is being unfair to him and tagging the FCC, on the other hand, is a blatant violation.
Old 24th May 2020, 02:46 PM   #191
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The United States cannot have all Mail In Ballots. It will be the greatest Rigged Election in history. People grab them from mailboxes, print thousands of forgeries and “force” people to sign. Also, forge names. Some absentee OK, when necessary. Trying to use Covid for this Scam!
Between that, the re-tweeting of Stahl's fat-shaming of Abrams and "that's gold, Jerry! Gold, I tellya!"-level attempts at humor at Pelosi's expense, and the tweets accusing Joe Scarborough of murder, I'm inclined to agree- the lab has been well and truly blown up.
Yes. He attends the Eighteen Holes Fairway of God.

Damn. Ninja'd by slyjoe
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 02:48 PM   #192
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

I got what you going for, I just wanted to highlight the absurdity involved a bit more.

Selective removal of accounts that aren't people and were created to cause harm isn't even remotely censorship, as far as I'm concerned. That a small number of accounts of real people that are indistinguishable from them get caught up is unfortunate in a couple ways, but isn't even remotely close to violating the First Amendment in pretty much any way.

To be clear, of course, the US has a long and storied history of perfectly legal censorship. "Banned in Boston" comes to mind, for an easy example.

Last edited by Aridas; 24th May 2020 at 02:51 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 02:49 PM   #193
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know that I disagree with the second part; but I don't know why Hercules acts as if there's some definition of a billionaire that one (Trump, of course) could only ever decide to become a public servant out of motives of perfect altruism. After all, if a person becomes a public servant with the aim of using that position in order to make a fortune, surely a billionaire has at least a thousand times more motive to become a public servant in order to protect one?
Trump has never become a public servant in any sense. He's still a (supposedly) billionaire sitting in a public servant's chair.
Old 24th May 2020, 04:09 PM   #194
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Unless someone hacked her account, Ann Coulter has gone Full Mental Jacket on Trump!

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ictureid=12492

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter
She's been ticked with him before. Can't remember that she's flown off the handle (at Trump) for very good reasons, but she's definitely not a blind Trump worshippers like so many of his other supporters.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 04:12 PM   #195
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Be sure to watch, “Witch Hunt, the Flynn Vindication” hosted by the very knowledgeable @GreggJarrett on @FoxNews tonight at 8:00 P.M. This is yet another part of the greatest Criminal Hoax in American History!
Old 24th May 2020, 04:13 PM   #196
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
May 23
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
May 23
TRANSITION TO GREATNESS!
Old 24th May 2020, 04:15 PM   #197
shemp

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
She's been ticked with him before. Can't remember that she's flown off the handle (at Trump) for very good reasons, but she's definitely not a blind Trump worshippers like so many of his other supporters.
Yeah but never like this. Must be off her meds.

Old 24th May 2020, 04:18 PM   #198
Lurch
Master Poster

Trump Tweets

ALWAYS?!? Let's ask Jeff Sessions, the first deluded Senator to throw his support your way, about your always standing with early boarders on the Drumpf Train, you ungrateful POS.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 04:24 PM   #199
carlitos
"más divertido"

The Trump Presidency: Part 22

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Yeah but never like this. Must be off her meds.
Not entirely. If you scroll down, she still had enough clarity and focus to retweet some “race science” by Steve Sailer. I hope she gets the plague.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th May 2020, 04:27 PM   #200
shemp

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Not entirely. If you scroll down, she still had enough clarity and focus to retweet some “race science” by Steve Sailer. I hope she gets the plague.
I hope she gets the plague and gets stepped on by an elephant!

Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics