IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2018 events , Leighanne Lord , necss , NECSS 2018 , NYC events

Old 4th April 2018, 08:21 AM   #1
LarianLeQuella
Elf Wino

Cool NECSS 2018 - 12-15 JUL 18

Just a reminder in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, the Northeast Conference for Science and Skepticism will happen in July this year. 12-15 July to be specific. It will be at FIT again (let's hope there is no fire). Leighanne Lord will be the MC (if you don't know her, you are missing out). We are in the Earlybird pricing timeframe too.

https://necss.org/
LarianLeQuella is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2018, 09:46 AM   #2
LarianLeQuella
Elf Wino

Just an FYI, Randi will be there!

And it's still early bird pricing.
LarianLeQuella is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2018, 05:15 PM   #3
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

I shall be there! Woo!!

...actually, I meant to say: Non-Woo!!

SkeptiCamp NYC: http://www.skepticampnyc.org/
An open conference on science and skepticism, where you could be a presenter!

By the way, my first name is NOT Bowerick!!!!
Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2018, 09:26 PM   #4
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

I'll be there. Blowing off the Sunday morning sessions, for an obvious reason. Plus all the live podcasts. Cool kids will meet up at Smithfield Hall.

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2018, 05:11 AM   #5
LarianLeQuella
Elf Wino

By the way, I did get my hotel. I am trying to do things on the "more cheap" route, so I got a room at the Hotel Pennsylvania. Yes, the place that hosted us last year after the fire. I don't know what sort of room I really ended up getting, but if anyone is willing to share, I'm cool with that. If you join me, the total will be about $400 on your part if we split.

Since I'm a total dork, I guess I am not allowed at Smithfield... By the way, NYC Skeptics may do a SitP on Wednesday night. I'll make sure to post here.
Old 14th June 2018, 08:14 AM   #6
LarianLeQuella
Elf Wino

Tomorrow is the last day for early bird. Saves $90. Hurry up and register.
Old 27th June 2018, 10:32 PM   #7
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

Two weeks to go!

Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2018, 04:45 PM   #8
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

Apparently, Bill Nye, the Science Guy, himself, will now be joining us for NECSS!!

Old 2nd July 2018, 06:42 AM   #9
LarianLeQuella
Elf Wino

Watch out for him sitting in the audience to heckle (I mean question) the speakers.
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:50 AM   #10
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LarianLeQuella View Post
Watch out for him sitting in the audience to heckle (I mean question) the speakers.
Watch out for him in the pub too. He knows how to have fun.

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events