ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Yesterday, 02:13 AM   #281
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
We need a poll,
your war fantasies whilst getting a tin of beans are not typical to women, just you.

Now we need to find a lot of women.
You really, really, need to learn about women and their lives.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:18 AM   #282
catsmate
No longer the 1

Seriously?
All the women you have spoken to, see nothing strange about reacting to someone cutting in a queue,
with a full out don't look em in the eye retreat to the parking lot then avoid eye contact in case of manly punishment for being assertive
mentality?

Not buying it.

where the hell do you people live, it aint down the road from me.
Then you are utterly clueless about the real world.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #283
p0lka
Master Poster

It is interesting that in this thread If you are a man and disagreeing, then you get the man label.
Whereas if you are a man and agreeing, you don't?

Catsmate, behave yourself and read the thread please.

Last edited by p0lka; Yesterday at 02:44 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #284
p0lka
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
And even if the parents are the wakiest woke to ever wake up everything they taught will be undermined immediately by their child's peers. It's kids themselves who police their own behavior and force each other into normative roles.

Whichever little bastard told my niece that her fierce t-rex shirt is "for boys, not girls" and made her cry can get bent. I got her that shirt. The skeleton glows in the dark. It is awesome.

She has, however, chosen as many little girls do, a princess as a heroine role model.

She picked Azula, from Avatar.
If their childs peers parents were also of the same opinion it would be so much easier.
I don't want any sort of ant hive society or anything,
but it would be nice if everyone were just allowed to not have to conform to this bollox.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM   #285
Venom
Illuminator

Most people simply inherit behaviors from their parents, so it can't be as easy as being stern with them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM   #286
Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits

It is interesting that in this thread If you are a man and disagreeing, then you get the man label.
Whereas if you are a man and agreeing, you don't?
I read back through the last several pages, and I don't follow what you mean by "getting the man label". Can you elaborate?
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #287
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
It's probably worth your while to temper your mind reading. I'm not at all bothered by the objectification of celebrities. They're in the public eye, and none of us are directly interacting with them. I am not at all bothered by men talking about how hot some actress is. What I enjoy is that men, in general, are taken aback by the fact that I, as a woman, express sexual attraction based on nothing but the physicality of another person.
It's so strange... that was my takeaway when I read your post the first time.
The very FIRST time.
I must be psykic.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #288
Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits

Defntly psykik!
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #289
Delvo
Дэлво Δελϝο דֶלְבֹֿ देल्वो

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
It's so strange... that was my takeaway when I read your post the first time.
Ditto.
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events