ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , joe biden , presidential candidates

Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #1281
Dread Pirate Roberts
Thinker

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm so happy right now. The Axios interview was masterful. The "It is what it is" quote is a beautiful thing. It's not being used entirely in context but it's Trump so that's okay.
I'd be willing to bet a few bucks that we have seen the last Trump interview hosted by someone other than Fox (not the news division, the shills like Hannity, etc.)
Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #1282
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
I'd be willing to bet a few bucks that we have seen the last Trump interview hosted by someone other than Fox (not the news division, the shills like Hannity, etc.)
I think you're mostly right. The few journalists left at Fox won't be allowed to interview Trump. It will be just the prime-time hosts. He'll do One American News because he's probably planning to make that Trump News Network post election.
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #1283
Venom
Illuminator

I'm calling it right now. Biden wins in November. Mark Kelly follows the Obama plan and runs and wins in 2024 after only 4 years in the Senate.
I think Mark Kelly would make a fine president.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM   #1284
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I think Mark Kelly would make a fine president.
I don't know him very well ...but I love his wife.
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #1285
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I don't know him very well ...but I love his wife.
For your sake I hope he doesn't find out.
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #1286
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Shhhhsssh! I won't tell him if you dont.
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #1287
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
For anyone who didn't catch the reference, his wife is former Rep. Gabby Giffords, who was nearly murdered during a mass shooting at a public event, and whose recovery and rehabilitation have been a picture of heroism. A lot of people love her.
https://www.biography.com/political-...ielle-giffords
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting

Last edited by Bob001; Yesterday at 05:18 PM.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:21 AM   #1288
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

I think you're mostly right. The few journalists left at Fox won't be allowed to interview Trump. It will be just the prime-time hosts. He'll do One American News because he's probably planning to make that Trump News Network post election.
He may also do an interview with Alex Jones. (Wait... Is Jones still supporting trump?)

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:26 AM   #1289
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
It truly was a disastrous interview. I think my favorite parts were these:
Looked completely out of his element. It's surprising he even agreed to that interview.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #1290
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

I'm calling it right now. Biden wins in November. Mark Kelly follows the Obama plan and runs and wins in 2024 after only 4 years in the Senate.
Biden will win the popular vote, unless he dies. I'd bet my house on that. Who will be sitting in the White House after noon January 20, 2021? I'm not quite as confident on that one.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:51 PM   #1291
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
Biden will win the popular vote, unless he dies. I'd bet my house on that. Who will be sitting in the White House after noon January 20, 2021? I'm not quite as confident on that one.
This, in spades! I'm not confident at all. What's certain is that the election process is already a colossal mess and will be getting far worse. It'll likely be January before SCOTUS installs Trump as President for Life.
Old Today, 04:08 PM   #1292
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
I have complete confidence that if Biden wins the vote in the Electoral College, he will be president and in the White House by sundown on the 20th. A whole lot of freaky **** may go down in between the EC vote and January 20th but I have no concerns that Trump will be out and Biden will be in.
Old Today, 04:10 PM   #1293
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Looked completely out of his element. It's surprising he even agreed to that interview.
What's really surprising is how many opinion pieces were out yesterday talking about how we now know Trump's weakness, follow-up question. Really? And these people are journalists.
Old Today, 06:33 PM   #1294
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I have complete confidence that if Biden wins the vote in the Electoral College, he will be president and in the White House by sundown on the 20th. A whole lot of freaky **** may go down in between the EC vote and January 20th but I have no concerns that Trump will be out and Biden will be in.
I have no doubt a lot of freaky rhetoric, posturing, and sky-is-falling mainstream media articles will go down between the EC vote and January 20th, but I have no concerns that the usual process of transferring power will proceed as usual. In particular, Trump will say all kinds of crazy ****, but will do pretty much what every president before him has done.

In other words, if he loses in November, he will leave the office in pretty much the same style as he entered the office, and held it.

Last edited by theprestige; Today at 06:35 PM.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:40 PM   #1295
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

If Trump loses, anyone want to bet on whether or not Trump will go to Biden's inauguration? I would love to watch him as Biden is sworn in and Obama and Bush sit together.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:50 PM   #1296
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I have no doubt a lot of freaky rhetoric, posturing, and sky-is-falling mainstream media articles will go down between the EC vote and January 20th, but I have no concerns that the usual process of transferring power will proceed as usual. In particular, Trump will say all kinds of crazy ****, but will do pretty much what every president before him has done.

In other words, if he loses in November, he will leave the office in pretty much the same style as he entered the office, and held it.
What style is that?
Old Today, 06:51 PM   #1297
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

If Trump loses, anyone want to bet on whether or not Trump will go to Biden's inauguration? I would love to watch him as Biden is sworn in and Obama and Bush sit together.
I'm guessing he might even leave the WH in a huff once he can't do any more about his loss. I'd be surprised if he goes to the swearing in. I can't see him attending any ceremonies. Pence will probably go in Trump's place.

What I'm curious about is whether or not we'll see TRUMP's jet on the tarmac to take him away once he can no longer fly Air Force 1.

Partially answering my own question, I guess the Trump Organization owns it. It's parked in NY.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; Today at 06:58 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:52 PM   #1298
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Have there been any appearances (coherent or not) of Biden speaking for more than 5 minutes recently? And are they on video?
Old Today, 06:55 PM   #1299
Delvo
Дэлво Δελϝο דֶלְבֹֿ देल्वो

If he does go to the inauguration, he's only slightly better than 50% likely to be able to just sit quietly instead of either sobbing or doing a Kanye West. "I'm gonna let you finish, I'm gonna let you finish, but my Presidency was the greatest of all time! OF ALL TIME!!!"
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:58 PM   #1300
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I'm guessing he might even leave the WH in a huff once he can't do any more about his loss. I'd be surprised if he goes to the swearing in. I can't see him attending any ceremonies. Pence will probably go in Trump's place.
I'd say the odds favor he wouldn't go. He's so petty that he couldn't stand it. He'd especially hate losing to Obama's VP and seeing Obama, Bush, Clinton and, maybe, Carter sitting together (or near if circumstances allow). They all can't stand him and he knows it. There won't be the crowds due to Covid 19 and Trump will claim his crowd was so much bigger.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:01 PM   #1301
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
What style is that?
Already addressed.

Haha oh wow.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:04 PM   #1302
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
Have there been any appearances (coherent or not) of Biden speaking for more than 5 minutes recently? And are they on video?
No. There are only obviously spliced together bits and pieces from 20 year old videos. You can tell because his hair is dark. This is evidence of his advanced dementia.

(adding because some people don't recognize obvious sarcasm directed at an obviously disingenuous question).
Old Today, 07:11 PM   #1303
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I'd say the odds favor he wouldn't go. He's so petty that he couldn't stand it. He'd especially hate losing to Obama's VP and seeing Obama, Bush, Clinton and, maybe, Carter sitting together (or near if circumstances allow). They all can't stand him and he knows it. There won't be the crowds due to Covid 19 and Trump will claim his crowd was so much bigger.
Inauguration won't be until Jan. I do hope we can all come out of hibernation by then.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:53 PM   #1304
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Inauguration won't be until Jan. I do hope we can all come out of hibernation by then.
I don't see how.
Old Today, 09:02 PM   #1305
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
Not for the first time, I will state that if it were possible to care less than zero, that’s about where my caring would reside. I was prepared to champion, vote for, and give of my body in a naughty way to whomever the Dems ran, be it a cardboard facsimile baseball stadium fan, Jar Jar Binks, or John Dillinger’s exhumed penis.

The vast stretch of infinity contains nothing remotely suggestive of anything even remotely resembling a **** I might have to give about Joe Biden’s appearance, disappearance, or surprise reappearance following last season’s thrilling final episode cliffhanger of “Trump’s Wall” entitled: “Border? I Hardly Knew Her!”

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; Today at 09:04 PM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics