ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 22nd September 2014, 02:39 PM   #81
Giordano
Illuminator

I'm just so close: I make these free-energy perpetual motion machines and I can spin them around and they keep going. But only for a while, and then they stop. I think if I only tinkered with the the angle of the magnets a bit more, or changed the belt size, or something. Maybe I just need to reduce the friction a bit more?
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2014, 02:42 PM   #82
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
I'm just so close: I make these free-energy perpetual motion machines and I can spin them around and they keep going. But only for a while, and then they stop. I think if I only tinkered with the the angle of the magnets a bit more, or changed the belt size, or something. Maybe I just need to reduce the friction a bit more?

Have you considered adding some quantums? They seem to make everything work better.

Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2014, 03:08 PM   #83
Craig4
Philosopher

I always ask this and no one ever answers. It's for posterity though so please do. When you started this thread, how did you see it progressing? Were there oooos and awes in your mind? Was this just one stop on your quest to tell the world about your discovery? Did you want to be ridiculed so you could suffer in his (fill in Proper noun as you like) name? Really, I'd like to know what kind of reaction you thought you'd get.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2014, 03:56 PM   #84
roger
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, this makes me see the flaw in my invention. when I was 5 I invented the sure fire way to fly. I took a short board, put it behind my butt, kind of like a seat, and then lifted really hard on the ends. Unfortunately I didn't lift off, but that is only because I wasn't strong enough. I can see now that if I had put some pulleys in there it would have increased my strength by 100x (or more!).

Take that, evil airlines, you'll never get another dime for me or any other traveler!

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. - John Muir
roger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2014, 05:21 PM   #85
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by roger View Post
Wow, this makes me see the flaw in my invention. when I was 5 I invented the sure fire way to fly. I took a short board, put it behind my butt, kind of like a seat, and then lifted really hard on the ends. Unfortunately I didn't lift off, but that is only because I wasn't strong enough. I can see now that if I had put some pulleys in there it would have increased my strength by 100x (or more!).

Take that, evil airlines, you'll never get another dime for me or any other traveler!
I'm trying to get buyers for my fuel-less car;

It has a metal band around it and attached to a pole in front and back of the car are giant neodymium magnets and you see all I have to do is power either the front or back magnets.

The magnets pull the car and so no need for gas, Suck on that Big Oil!

------------------------------------------------
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2014, 06:05 AM   #86
Craig4
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 1_christian_warrior View Post
here I try to explain why this Miricle works
sorry for the length of this response
but there are an aweful lot of reasoning that I try to explain
this is a compilation of many answers that I have tried to explain

Subject: free energy from the Bible

ATTENTION all of you back yard mechanics,,,

I did an experiment, where I let my electric wheelchair act as a free energy device
where I gained the power to go an additional 20 feet up a pretty steep hill
each time I travel up the hill at maximum speed, (10th gear)
and then back down the hill at a slow speed, (1st gear)
I repeated this test 3 time, gaining a total of 60 feet before stopping the test
Then I repeated the test a few days later, gaining the same 60 feet
This was proof to me, that we have discovered a way of gaining free energy

Edited by LashL:  Snipped for compliance with Rule 4. Do not copy and paste lengthy tracts of text from elsewhere. Instead quote a short passage and provide a link to the source.
So if I burnt the bibles I've been given over the years generating heat, would that count as free energy from the Bible?
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2014, 07:42 AM   #87
Brian-M
Daydreamer

Originally Posted by 1_christian_warrior View Post
Ok, I think this is so simple that it cannot be missed, I hope
this is an electricity multiplier
it uses a 100cm circumference pulley, connected to a DC drive motor
then with a belt, strap, or ever string or rope, in a pinch
you run it though one or many more 1cm circumference pulley, connected to an AC motor
which turn 100 times, compared to the one revolution of the DC drive motor
so you put in the DC power to only rotate you drive motor the one time(extremely little)
and you get back 100 units of AC electricity

You clearly don't understand the basic principles of gearing/leverage. These things let you exchange "strength" (torque) for speed, but power remains unchanged.

With your pulley system, the large pulley has a hundred times the speed, but only one hundredth of the "strength". If you tried drawing the same amount of power from the generator that the motor is drawing, then the pulley would lack the "strength" to turn the generator at that speed, and would slow down.

You can't get around the laws of conservation of energy that easily. If you could, inventors of perpetual motion machines would have done it a couple of centuries ago.
Old 23rd September 2014, 07:59 AM   #88
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I have an idea for the world's fastest bicycle. Unlike conventional bikes which foolishly gear the pedals down, it's geared up so that when you turn the pedals once, the back wheel turns 100 times. This should allow a racing cyclist to travel at several hundred kilometers per hour and win every race.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2014, 10:25 AM   #89
Donn
Illuminator

Warrior,
The only way to get free energy is to ask Jesus to pull the your rope.
Feed it from your pulley, up into the sky and Jesus' strong hands. From there it comes down and around another pulley and back in a loop. With Jesus pulling your rope, you can never fail.

Don't worry about Dark Angels, they know not to mess with The Lord.

Please send me some of the excess energy you and Jesus make, I kind of need it too.
Old 23rd September 2014, 02:04 PM   #90
Ladewig
Hipster alien

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I always ask this and no one ever answers. It's for posterity though so please do. When you started this thread, how did you see it progressing? Were there oooos and awes in your mind? Was this just one stop on your quest to tell the world about your discovery? Did you want to be ridiculed so you could suffer in his (fill in Proper noun as you like) name? Really, I'd like to know what kind of reaction you thought you'd get.
Whoever wrote the yolasite page appears to be sincerely convinced that he or she has discovered an great engineering marvel. Further, the site talks about this being a gift from above for Christians who will be persecuted during the Tribulations.

If no money is changing hands I find myself being a touch more tolerant of folks describing [ahem] "unconventional" theories of how physics or mechanics works.
Is the JREF message board training wheels for people who hope to one day troll other message boards? It is not that hard to get us to believe you. We are not the major leagues or even the minor leagues. We are Pee-Wee baseball. If you love striking out 10-year-olds, then you'll love trolling our board.
Ladewig is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2014, 02:08 PM   #91
Ladewig
Hipster alien

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
I have an idea for the world's fastest bicycle. Unlike conventional bikes which foolishly gear the pedals down, it's geared up so that when you turn the pedals once, the back wheel turns 100 times. This should allow a racing cyclist to travel at several hundred kilometers per hour and win every race.
I like the analogy.
I hope this post is helpful to folks who are having a hard time understanding the problem with the proposed plan.
Is the JREF message board training wheels for people who hope to one day troll other message boards? It is not that hard to get us to believe you. We are not the major leagues or even the minor leagues. We are Pee-Wee baseball. If you love striking out 10-year-olds, then you'll love trolling our board.
Ladewig is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2014, 08:26 PM   #92
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post

Yeh. Sure. But you'd have to peddle and travel sdrawkcab and at that speed you'd quickly run into something.
Old 25th September 2014, 05:19 AM   #93
MetalPig
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
With Jesus pulling your rope, you can never fail.
That's why you need to use a rope. You don't want Jesus yanking your chain.
Old 25th September 2014, 05:50 AM   #94
Donn
Illuminator

Exactly. Can't have Jesus involved in anything untoward. Only legit Holy Free energy for me.
Old 25th September 2014, 05:57 AM   #95
Octavo
Master of my own Universe

Originally Posted by MetalPig View Post
That's why you need to use a rope. You don't want Jesus yanking your chain.
It doesn't matter how fast or quickly Jesus yanks your chain - he'll always come first.
Octavo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2014, 01:38 AM   #96
Marasmusine
Student

This machine concept will be easier for me to understand if someone could draw a Troll Physics schematic.
Marasmusine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2014, 02:35 AM   #97
P.J. Denyer
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Octavo View Post
It doesn't matter how fast or quickly Jesus yanks your chain - he'll always come first.
Not true, 2000 years and counting!

And what's the conversion rate between BHP and BJP?
P.J. Denyer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2014, 02:55 AM   #98
Octavo
Master of my own Universe

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Not true, 2000 years and counting!

And what's the conversion rate between BHP and BJP?
I've done extensive testing on exactly this question and have come to the conclusion that 1 BJP is equivalent to 0.1 BHP with and error range of 0.5 BHP
Octavo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal