ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 10th November 2016, 09:07 PM   #1
lentz1
Thinker
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 174
9 11 Damages, how much is the total amount?

If I could calculate the total amount, there will be more answers for me to come up with conclusions and a possible lawsuit.
lentz1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:17 AM   #2
Reactor drone
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,154
About tree fiddy.
Reactor drone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:17 AM   #3
Venom
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,620
You're gonna sue a terrorist organization?
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:30 AM   #4
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
A dozen doughnuts in a greasy sack. And a coffee, with room for cream. And don't forget my change this time!
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:59 AM   #5
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,157
Originally Posted by lentz1 View Post
If I could calculate the total amount, there will be more answers for me to come up with conclusions and a possible lawsuit.
As has been said to you several times before, it's a bit much for you to expect members here to flesh out the details of your ridiculous, vague and unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.
Why don't you do some homework, put together some evidence (real and substantial, not the made-up crap you've posted so far), and then come back with something coherent, specific, and ideally more than one sentence long?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 04:07 AM   #6
fagin
Philosopher
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 6,185
More than your pocket money, less than a $ squazillion.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 05:52 AM   #7
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by lentz1 View Post
If I could calculate the total amount, there will be more answers for me to come up with conclusions and a possible lawsuit.



A paddle game, and a chair, and a remote control, and some matches, for sure. Maybe a magazine and a chair.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 07:08 AM   #8
MileHighMadness
Muse
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just Southeast of Hell
Posts: 647
Originally Posted by lentz1 View Post
If I could calculate the total amount, there will be more answers for me to come up with conclusions and a possible lawsuit.
Trolling for dollars?
__________________
I dont look forward to heaven, it sounds as boring as hell. Lord Postsettle
MileHighMadness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 07:42 AM   #9
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,511
Originally Posted by lentz1 View Post
If I could calculate the total amount, there will be more answers for me to come up with conclusions and a possible lawsuit.
How so? Please explain.
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 08:48 AM   #10
lentz1
Thinker
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 174
Cosmic Yak, help me out, how much do you think 9 11 cost?
lentz1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 08:59 AM   #11
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Box cutters cost a couple bucks each, but you can usually save a few cents per if you buy a whole case of 20.


Quote:
Total Cost
We estimate that the total cost of the 9/11 attacks was somewhere between $400,000 and $500,000. The hijackers spent more than $270,000 in the United States, and the costs associated with Moussaoui were at least $50,000. The additional expenses included travel to obtain passports and visas, travel to the United States, expenses incurred by the plot leader and facilitators, and the expenses incurred by would-be hijackers who ultimately did not participate.
http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/s..._Monograph.pdf
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 09:00 AM   #12
fagin
Philosopher
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 6,185
Originally Posted by lentz1 View Post
Cosmic Yak, help me out, how much do you think 9 11 cost?
I think you may have misunderstood his/her comment. Have another read.

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
As has been said to you several times before, it's a bit much for you to expect members here to flesh out the details of your ridiculous, vague and unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.
Why don't you do some homework, put together some evidence (real and substantial, not the made-up crap you've posted so far), and then come back with something coherent, specific, and ideally more than one sentence long?
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 09:42 AM   #13
lentz1
Thinker
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 174
Whatever you say, thank you guys I found what I needed.
http://www.iags.org/costof911.html
lentz1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 10:31 AM   #14
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,015
Originally Posted by lentz1 View Post
If I could calculate the total amount, there will be more answers for me to come up with conclusions and a possible lawsuit.
UBL is dead, can you bring lawsuit to a dead man, or his 19 idiot followers?
You could make a lawsuit to the 19 who did it... oops, they are dead and their relatives never came to claim their remains.

Looks like you have no clue who did 9/11 or why they did it. This is typical of many who fail to do research, or do shoddy research, and your posts are evidence of.

15 years and you can't figure out who did 9/11.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 12:28 PM   #15
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,511
Originally Posted by lentz1 View Post
Whatever you say, thank you guys I found what I needed.
http://www.iags.org/costof911.html
All by yourself?
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2016, 08:50 PM   #16
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 18,400
Originally Posted by Reactor drone View Post
About tree fiddy.
Nah, a buck two fiddy.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2016, 09:10 AM   #17
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,511
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Nah, a buck two fiddy.
Still less than the cost of freedom. Freedom costs a buck-o-five.
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2016, 05:26 PM   #18
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster
 
BasqueArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,869
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Still less than the cost of freedom. Freedom costs a buck-o-five.
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free, now now.
- Joplin

Therefore freedom either costs nothing or everything.
__________________
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum

Last edited by BasqueArch; 14th November 2016 at 05:32 PM.
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2016, 07:41 AM   #19
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free, now now.
- Joplin

Therefore freedom either costs nothing or everything.
All give some, some give all.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2016, 08:43 AM   #20
calebprime
moleman
 
calebprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,210
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free, now now.- Joplin




Joplin is Kantian -- freedom is a state of paradoxical responsibility -- properly acted upon as a categorical imperative rather than a matter of personal taste.

She's saying that one cannot appreciate the true value, the true nature of something when our gaze is too interested, too motivated, too mercenary, perhaps.

Here one might mention a connection with Mr. Joey McGee's motivated reasoning. That is the quintessence of the unfree.

Last edited by calebprime; 15th November 2016 at 08:46 AM.
calebprime is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2016, 12:08 PM   #21
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,511
Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free, now now.
- Joplin

Therefore freedom either costs nothing or everything.
Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
Now there's a hefty f---in' fee
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?

You don't throw in your buck 'o five. Who will?
Oooh buck 'o five
Freedom costs a buck 'o five


Team America - World Police
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2016, 12:39 PM   #22
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,329
Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free, now now.
- Joplin

Therefore freedom either costs nothing or everything.
Joplin didn't write that line. Kristofferson did.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.