ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 27th November 2016, 06:18 AM   #81
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sylvan8798 View Post
Frank Gaffney has joined Team Trump, so I would not get my hopes up there.
Can you support that opinion (that Gaffney is a 9/11 Truther, or probably wil be one shortly) with - uhm, anything at all?
And can you support the implied claim that Gaffney is, or will be, a part of Trump's inner circle of influence?

I have never heard of Gaffney. Looking up his WP page, he has never been in the inner circle of power, just another member of several governments - nothing critically important, AFAICS.

Checking out his CT beliefs ... oh look! He believes islamists do all the bad things! You sure you want to suggest Gaffney might be a 9/11 Truther, when the 9/11 OCT says that islamists did all the bad things - precisely what Gaffney's core and base belief is?
Old 27th November 2016, 07:14 AM   #82
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Can you support that opinion (that Gaffney is a 9/11 Truther, or probably wil be one shortly) with - uhm, anything at all?
And can you support the implied claim that Gaffney is, or will be, a part of Trump's inner circle of influence?

I have never heard of Gaffney. Looking up his WP page, he has never been in the inner circle of power, just another member of several governments - nothing critically important, AFAICS.

Checking out his CT beliefs ... oh look! He believes islamists do all the bad things! You sure you want to suggest Gaffney might be a 9/11 Truther, when the 9/11 OCT says that islamists did all the bad things - precisely what Gaffney's core and base belief is?
What a bizarre misrepresentation of the contents of a link. Did you expect nobody to call you on it?
Quote:
Conspiracy theories Gaffney has promoted include:

The belief that former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein was involved in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and the Oklahoma City bombing.[46][47]
Accusations that Republican Party strategist Grover Norquist is a secret agent of the Muslim Brotherhood. In 2014, Gaffney claimed that Norquist had "been working with the enemy for over a decade."[48] (Responding to the accusation, the board of directors of the American Conservative Union unanimously condemned Gaffney's charges as "reprehensible" and "unfounded."[49])
Accusations that Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin is a secret agent of the Muslim Brotherhood.[50] (After the allegation was repeated by Michele Bachmann, US senators John McCain, Scott Brown, and Marco Rubio joined in dismissing it, and Speaker of the United States House of Representatives John Boehner said "accusations like this being thrown around are pretty dangerous."[51])[52]
Accusations that Barack Obama is a Muslim who has secretly orchestrated "the most consequential bait-and-switch since Adolf Hitler", that Gen. David Petraeus had "submitted to Sharia", that congressman Keith Ellison is "likely to leak information to the Muslim Brotherhood", and that deputies in the Broward County Sheriff's department are "directly tied to Hamas.[53][54]
The belief that the logo of the US Missile Defense Agency is a coded indicator of "official U.S. submission to Islam" because it "appears ominously to reflect a morphing of the Islamic crescent and star".[55]
The belief that the responsibility-to-protect norm has been supported by the United States government to lay the groundwork for a forthcoming American military invasion of Israel.[56]
This is not the belief system of an educated adult qualified to operate a sharpened pencil.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2016, 07:16 AM   #83
Jrrarglblarg

But in keeping with the overliterate knob polishing of this subforum I will grant that believing Saddam committed 9/11 does not qualify one as an orthodox Truther.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2016, 07:28 AM   #84
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
What a bizarre misrepresentation of the contents of a link. Did you expect nobody to call you on it?

This is not the belief system of an educated adult qualified to operate a sharpened pencil.
What a bizarre misrepresentation of the contents of my post.
I.o.w. Strawman: I surely never came even close to claiming that Gaffney's belief system is that of an educated adult qualified to operate a sharpened pencil.

But in keeping with the overliterate knob polishing of this subforum I will grant that believing Saddam committed 9/11 does not qualify one as an orthodox Truther.
Well, congrats, you grasped at least that part.

Do you agree that NoahFence, sylvan8798 or the others who call on me to relax STILL have not provided even just the slightest of hints that Donald Trump, or anybody at all who may or may not be or become a member of Trump's inner power circle is, was or will be a 9/11 Truther?
Old 27th November 2016, 07:31 AM   #85
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Don't see anything that suggests he is any kind of 9/11 Truther.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2016, 07:34 AM   #86
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Sylvan,

I did a bit of legwork for you: I googled "Frank Gaffney Trump administration" News. I seems that the NYT and WSJ had suggested on Nov 15 that Gaffney is about to be appointed to Trump's transition team, which both the Trump team and Gaffney denied right the next day. Quote Politico:
Originally Posted by Politico
“An unattributed quote appeared in the press yesterday indicating that I had been appointed to the Trump transition team,” Gaffney told POLITICO in a statement. “In fact, I had not been contacted by anyone from the team and appreciate the campaign's clarification today that the previous day's reports were inaccurate. I look forward to helping the President-elect and the national security-minded team he is assembling in whatever way I can.”

The Wall Street Journal and New York Times, citing unidentified sources, both reported Tuesday night that Gaffney was advising the transition, though neither asserted that Gaffney had a formal appointed role.
This was a non-story on Nov 15, which was killed dead for good on Nov 16, and has started to decay by now. Your initial claim "Frank Gaffney has joined Team Trump" turned out to be simply FALSE.
Old 27th November 2016, 07:37 AM   #87
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Don't see anything that suggests he is any kind of 9/11 Truther.
You're right. His non-conforming ideas fail to meet even those standards. Is this intended in his defense?
Old 27th November 2016, 07:39 AM   #88
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I am not defending him but the claim seems to be that he is some kind of 9/11 Truther and I don’t see any evidence of that in your link.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2016, 07:40 AM   #89
Jrrarglblarg

What a bizarre misrepresentation of the contents of my post.
I.o.w. Strawman: I surely never came even close to claiming that Gaffney's belief system is that of an educated adult qualified to operate a sharpened pencil.

Well, congrats, you grasped at least that part.

Do you agree that NoahFence, sylvan8798 or the others who call on me to relax STILL have not provided even just the slightest of hints that Donald Trump, or anybody at all who may or may not be or become a member of Trump's inner power circle is, was or will be a 9/11 Truther?
When the wrong question is asked all answers are irrelevant.

I'm sorry to dip my toes in your precious "9/11 is the only thing" pond. If all you want to talk about is keyhole filtering people away from this precious safe space, carry on knob polishing without me.
Old 27th November 2016, 07:43 AM   #90
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Well, this is a dedicated 9/11 Subforum.
Old 28th November 2016, 09:12 AM   #91
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Well, this is a dedicated 9/11 Subforum.
And once you enter here all other conspiracy theories disappear.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2016, 09:30 AM   #92
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
And once you enter here all other conspiracy theories disappear.
And someone believing in unorthodox conspiracies about 9/11 is not considered a true, big T "Truther," any more than Mormons are considered big C Christians.

Apparently.

And apparently that distinction has real world relevance somehow.
Old 28th November 2016, 03:43 PM   #93
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

When the wrong question is asked all answers are irrelevant.

I'm sorry to dip my toes in your precious "9/11 is the only thing" pond. If all you want to talk about is keyhole filtering people away from this precious safe space, carry on knob polishing without me.
You fail on two counts:
a) Strawman (again) highlighted
b) Since no one has so far provided even the slightest bit of evidence that Trump or anyone in his actual (not imagined) inner circle is a 9/11 Truther, 9/11 not only is not the only thing thing in this thread, it is not even a thing at all in this thread!
Old 28th November 2016, 03:45 PM   #94
Jrrarglblarg

Good to know!
Old 28th November 2016, 03:46 PM   #95
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

And someone believing in unorthodox conspiracies about 9/11 is ...
I must have missed the post where evidence was provided that any actual member of the Trump team believes in unorthodox conspiracie[ theorie]s about 9/11
Old 28th November 2016, 03:54 PM   #96
Jrrarglblarg

Delete

Last edited by Jrrarglblarg; 28th November 2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 28th November 2016, 03:57 PM   #97
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I consider 9/11 discussions to be the intellectual outhouse of the Internet.

I'm sorry, as usual to have even walked by.
I agree that this thread is an example for the worst that forum debates have to offer. I lament the egregious lack of intellectual rigor.
Old 28th November 2016, 04:18 PM   #98
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Has anyone found a Trump Truther yet?
Old 28th November 2016, 04:51 PM   #99
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Found a trump truther web site...
http://www.trumpcommission.org/
A "trump truther", with extra credit woo.

How many times will the steel cut after 9/11 be played as proof of explosives.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2016, 05:35 PM   #100
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Found a trump truther web site...
http://www.trumpcommission.org/
A "trump truther", with extra credit woo.

How many times will the steel cut after 9/11 be played as proof of explosives.
That has to be a Poe!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories