ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 29th December 2016, 04:24 AM   #961
Clutch Cargo
Student
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
What context would that be?
Comparative context, which is the basis of my statement.
Clutch Cargo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 04:37 AM   #962
Open
Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Do you think a lit cigarette lying on the floor could have caused building 7 to sustain the damage the official version claims?
Yes No? YesWhat about a lit book of matches? A piece of paper on fire? 2 pieces of paper? Still no? Still yes,
Edited by zooterkin:  Edited for rule 0 and rule 12
At what point will you be willing to believe "a fire" is a credible explanation for what happened? 27 pieces of paper on a hot day and a magnifying glass lying nearby? Where does credibility come into play?
Edited by zooterkin:  Edited for rule 0 and rule 12
please actually read the official story before criticising.

Last edited by zooterkin; 29th December 2016 at 05:03 AM.
Open is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 04:50 AM   #963
Open
Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by Iamme View Post
I wanted to find out if it was the actual terrorists behind the controls or if it was the actual American pilots doing the necessary maneuvers at gunpoint.
Lol
Actual
Terrorists

Chuck Trump 2017

Last edited by Locknar; 29th December 2016 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Corrected QUOTE tag
Open is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 05:15 AM   #964
Open
Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Where is this "Official version" etched in stone, that you speak of?
It's in the hands of top people

TOP people
Open is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 05:53 AM   #965
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,842
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
The wildest one I have witnessed (today anyway) is a seemingly educated man or woman with brain cells and a fine command of the English language who cannot spell the word 'extremely' properly.
Yes but I can point out all the flaws in your theories properly, such as you don't know anything about fires!
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 06:18 AM   #966
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 18,391
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Take your pick. Any one of them will do.
I see, you can't answer my question.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 06:23 AM   #967
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 16,889
Delete.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 06:42 AM   #968
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,047
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
What context would that be?
Comedy.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 06:54 AM   #969
commandlinegamer
Philosopher
 
commandlinegamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mazes of Menace
Posts: 8,736
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
The wildest one I have witnessed (today anyway) is a seemingly educated man or woman with brain cells and a fine command of the English language who cannot spell the word 'extremely' properly.
Not sure criticizing others' spelling appropriate when one makes a post with a fundamental apostrophe error, viz.:

Quote:
In its' proper context ..... yes.

It's either its or it's, but it's definitely not its'.
__________________
He bade me take any rug in the house.

Last edited by commandlinegamer; 29th December 2016 at 06:56 AM.
commandlinegamer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 07:57 AM   #970
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,466
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
How do you account for the raging dispute then? I assume you've read the reports, both official and otherwise? But then you'd have to have done in order to make your statement on what constitutes "rational dispute". Yes?
Where is this "raging debate" going on?

I see Ctists making assertions w/o evidence but it takes two informed parties to make a debate.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 08:05 AM   #971
Clutch Cargo
Student
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 29
True:
* I don't know much about putting out fires.
* I don't know much about demolition charges.

Edited by Agatha:  Removed reference to previously moderated content


Not true:
* I actually do know a thing or two about credibility - even when it concerns putting out fires, demolition charges, and the attacks on 9/11.

Last edited by Agatha; 29th December 2016 at 09:38 AM.
Clutch Cargo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 08:09 AM   #972
MileHighMadness
Muse
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just Southeast of Hell
Posts: 647
Great [dws]...we have a new troll on the forum.
__________________
“I don’t look forward to heaven, it sounds as boring as hell.” Lord Postsettle
MileHighMadness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 08:14 AM   #973
Clutch Cargo
Student
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
Great [dws]...we have a new troll on the forum.
Are you referring to me?
Clutch Cargo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 08:15 AM   #974
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 18,391
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
True:
* I don't know much about putting out fires.
* I don't know much about demolition charges.
*
Edited by Agatha:  Removed reference to previously moderated content


Not true:
* I actually do know a thing or two about credibility - even when it concerns putting out fires, demolition charges, and the attacks on 9/11.
Wow, 100% poisoning of your own well, that's a Wrong Way Corrigan level of performance.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles

Last edited by Agatha; 29th December 2016 at 09:37 AM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 08:16 AM   #975
Clutch Cargo
Student
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Wow, 100% poisoning of your own well, that's a Wrong Way Corrigan level of performance.
Can you tell me what is wrong with my response?
Clutch Cargo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 08:31 AM   #976
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
How do you account for the raging dispute then? I assume you've read the reports, both official and otherwise? But then you'd have to have done in order to make your statement on what constitutes "rational dispute". Yes?
What "raging dispute" concerning the 4 hijacked aircraft?
The one that takes place on a small backwater area of the internet?



Yep that's some raging clue you got there.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 08:37 AM   #977
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
deleted on second thoughts

Last edited by jaydeehess; 29th December 2016 at 09:21 AM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 09:02 AM   #978
Open
Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
[b]True:[/
*
Edited by Agatha:  Removed reference to previously moderated content


Not true:
* I actually do know a thing or two about credibility - even when it concerns putting out fires, demolition charges, and the attacks on 9/11.
Edited by Agatha:  Removed reference to previously moderated content, and further breach of rule 0 and rule 12


FWIW I enjoy that you talk about credibility when the heading says "not true"

Last edited by Agatha; 29th December 2016 at 09:37 AM.
Open is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 09:03 AM   #979
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 18,391
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Can you tell me what is wrong with my response?
You said it's not true that you actually do know a thing or two about credibility.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 09:07 AM   #980
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,015
Calling what happened on 9/11 a theory defies logic and reason

Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
The wildest conspiracy theory of 9-11 is no less credible than the official version.
No, it is not a theory, what happened on 9/11 was due to 19 terrorist, it was conspiracy, not a theory. After 15 years why are you unable to figure out 9/11?

It was a conspiracy, and is not a theory. Somehow one of UBL lackeys figured out faking a hijacking would give a chance to the dumbest humans on earth (until 9/11 truth CTers showed up), 19 nuts for UBL, simple murderers, to use aircraft as WMDs.

Yes, it was wild, 19 nuts murder and commit suicide, too bad McVeigh did not save us time and sit in his truck.


So you have a version you can't explain which ignores the 19 terrorists? But you can't support it with facts, evidence, logic, or photo. You mentioned fire, and the WTC towers fires were equal in energy to more than 2,700 tons of TNT (heat energy) before collapse. Go ahead ignore fire... BTW, paper has more heat energy than thermite. But ignore fire, and reason, pick the fantasy inside job which has no evidence.

Ignore Occam's Razor, go for the gold in woo, go for the undefined BS story you can't explain. What was your wild evidence free story of 9/11? What is the problem, forgot it already.


Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
So you say the various "no plane" versions are credible?
In its' proper context ..... yes.
Really, in your fantasy version of 9/11 "no plane" is credible. I agree, in a fantasy dumbed down with lies and nonsense, it is credible to delusional followers of 9/11 truth.

Bring evidence next time, and know "the raging dispute" is confined to the "conspiracy theory" sections of forums (aka the fantasy sections), and some idiots who run web sites filled with lies and idiotic claims.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232

Last edited by beachnut; 29th December 2016 at 09:42 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 09:24 AM   #981
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
I am going to guess that "proper context" re: no planes, is a reference to substituted and/or altered aircraft.

Could be that we are about to embark on a trip down the PfT rabbit hole.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 10:24 AM   #982
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,511
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
The wildest conspiracy theory of 9-11 is no less credible than the official version.
Quote:
Take your pick. Any one of them will do.
Energy beams from space is pretty wild, and far less credible than the commonly accepted narrative.

Swapped planes is both wild and far less credible than the commonly accepted narrative.

Da Joos did it is both wild and far less credible than the commonly accepted narrative.

Missiles painted to look like commercial airlines is both wild and far less credible than the commonly accepted narrative.

I can do this all day

Quote:
Do you think a lit cigarette lying on the floor could have caused building 7 to sustain the damage the official version claims?
Obviously not. The damage caused to 7 WTC stemmed from having thousands of tons of burning debris fall on it from a collapsing adjacent 110-story office tower. That is an order-of-magnitude more than a lit cigarette.

Quote:
What about a lit book of matches?
See above
Quote:
A piece of paper on fire? 2 pieces of paper? 27 pieces of paper on a hot day and a magnifying glass lying nearby?
Ditto.

Quote:
Where does credibility come into play?
Whose credibility?
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.

Last edited by Mark F; 29th December 2016 at 10:32 AM.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 10:27 AM   #983
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Energy beams from space is pretty wild, and far less credible than the commonly accepted narrative.

Swapped planes is both wild and far less credible than the commonly accepted narrative.

Da Joos did it is both wild and far less credible than the commonly accepted narrative.

Missiles painted to look like commercial airlines is both wild and far less credible than the commonly accepted narrative.

I can do this all day
Nukes
Holograms
Shootdown of Flt 93
Over Vd aircraft

yeah there's a lot more.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 10:55 AM   #984
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing
 
rwguinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 16 miles from 7 lakes
Posts: 11,096
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
In its' proper context ..... yes.
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
What context would that be?
That would be Time Line 932A, Code Name "Ferdinand T. Oilet"
__________________
"Political correctness is a doctrine,...,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
"
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 02:56 PM   #985
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,207
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
How do you account for the raging dispute then? I assume you've read the reports, both official and otherwise? But then you'd have to have done in order to make your statement on what constitutes "rational dispute". Yes?
As with any good religion, the most raging disputes are among the various denominations of the "9/11 Truth Movement", where No-Planers, Yes-Planers, Nukers, Thermitians, 28-Pagers and those who believe in the magic powers of the goddess Erin accuse one another of being planted agents and paid shills. Damn the People's Front of Judea!
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 05:24 PM   #986
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,511
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
As with any good religion, the most raging disputes are among the various denominations of the "9/11 Truth Movement", where No-Planers, Yes-Planers, Nukers, Thermitians, 28-Pagers and those who believe in the magic powers of the goddess Erin accuse one another of being planted agents and paid shills. Damn the People's Front of Judea!
I think you mean the Judean People's Front. The only people we hate more than the bloody Romans are the Judean People's Front.

Splitters!
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2016, 05:46 PM   #987
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,166
*stumbles into thread, sees new low-hanging fruit, resists temptation*
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 01:09 PM   #988
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,015
Post and run...

Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
The wildest conspiracy theory of 9-11 is no less credible than the official version.
No planes? DEW did it? Thermite? A nuke did it?

Really, the real plot of using planes as weapons to kill 3,000 is like the fantasy 9/11 truth presents with no evidence.

The evidence prove it was four planes. The collapse of the towers, due to fire. Your statement failed, the statement based on ignoring evidence.

Did you figure out 9/11? Where did you go? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAo8-YmVlN8

If you need help, talk to Roger Ramjet, he can help you figure out fantasy vs reality.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232

Last edited by beachnut; 6th January 2017 at 01:15 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 02:22 PM   #989
skyeagle409
Master Poster
 
skyeagle409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,347
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
At what point will you be willing to believe "a fire" is a credible explanation for what happened?

I'd reached that point a long time ago because I know that structural steel under load will fail if directly exposed to the full effects of fire.



skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.