ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 7th October 2013, 06:38 PM   #241
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Well SoG believes that the Secret Service already knew that GWB was in no danger so did not move him.

Potus has little or no say in where or when the Service moves him in the event of a threat. When Regan was attacked he was bodily shoved into the car which then sped away. This was before anyone knew that a bullet had hit him. Regan was given no choice, not consulted on what to do next, it was all the pervue of his protective squad.
So if SoG is correct then every Secret Service agent on the squad was in-on-it. All of these men and women still carry that knowledge with them then. They know with certainty and clarity that 911 was pre-planned by the administration. That by doing what they did they are complicit in a cover up of the murder of thousands and treasonous acts.

Furthermore, the protective squad, when informed that they were to not follow SOP ( as SoG would have us believe) no one suggested that in order to better continue the illusion that these were unexpected attacks, that it might be better if they followed SOP and rushed GWB off to AF1.

In fact if the supposed perpetrators and planners had simply kept the Secret Service out of the loop then there would be a dozen ,or more, fewer people who would know the 'truth'.

Instead, SoG would have us believe, the planners decided, for some inexplicable reason , to alter the response by Bush's protective squad thus exposing their plan to discovery on several fronts.

In short, either the planners of this vast and complicated conspiracy are utter idiots
I note that absolutely none of this was commented upon by bifocal sonofgloin
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2013, 06:46 PM   #242
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
In fact, of course, while the tower's design was checked, as an afterthought, whether or not they could withstand the impact of a 707 which was suffering the same lost in fog low on fuel situation as that of the B25 which hit the ESB, it did survive, decades later, the impact of newer Boeing hitting at much greater velocity.

I do not know how, in 1970 , anyone would even calculate if it could survive the heat generated by multilevel, large area modern office material fires ignited by the dumping of thousands of gallons of liquid acellerant over those floors.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2013, 06:58 PM   #243
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster
 
BasqueArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,869
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
.....
....so it is still back to fire collapsing three steel framed buildings in one place for the first time in history.
.....
Is it your claim that it is impossible for something that has never happened before in history to happen for the first time?
__________________
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2013, 07:15 PM   #244
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post
Is it your claim that it is impossible for something that has never happened before in history to happen for the first time?
Good news. No one has therefore died in a space shuttle disaster.
Hiroshima was a quiet Japanese city throughout WW2
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2013, 08:38 PM   #245
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 16,073
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Conspiracy and the Bush's...why did George lie about how he got the information of the second strike. Why would he do that. What did the agent whisper into his ear if, as George tells it he got the info during a break......perhaps the agent said " Mr President this is the little charade you asked me to pull."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm73wOuPL60
I note you didn't use question marks but those are still questions. Questions aren't evidence.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2013, 08:41 PM   #246
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 16,073
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
I expect you will be forwarding me precedents regarding high rises falling to their basements due to fire....on upper or lower floors, I’ll take either.
Perhaps you're missing the key features of a progressive collapse.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 01:34 AM   #247
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,403
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Good news. No one has therefore died in a space shuttle disaster.
Hiroshima was a quiet Japanese city throughout WW2
My first granddaughter doesn't exist????

But second one can....err.... if the first isn't then the second is first....and cannot be...

...Eureka. The world has zero population.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 02:13 AM   #248
sonofgloin
Thinker
 
sonofgloin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 215
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Now, do you have any evidence to support your case that does not rely entirely on mis-interpreted witness statements?
The Pesident of the United States says he watched it on TV at the school.....and you say he didn’t, that he imagined it.....that’s what it comes down to Mark.....he said it. He misrepresented the facts. He even dreamed up a hokey folksy line about what a terrible pilot the guy was.
Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
They are always expecting us to educate them but they never listen to the answers.
Educate me D, tell me why these officials made these observations regarding Shanksville.

>> "This crash was different. There was no wreckage, no bodies, and no noise."
- Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller [1]
"I was looking for anything that said tail, wing, plane, metal. There was nothing."
- Photographer Scott Spangler [2]
"I was amazed because it did not, in any way, shape, or form, look like a plane crash."
- Patrick Madigan, commander of the Somerset barracks
of the Pennsylvania State Police [3]<<
I actually watched the Coroner make this statement on a news feed at the site on the day. I have not forgotten the plethora of first hand testimony and I do not discount it because a decade has passed.
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
That's a pretty heavy burden to place on the precise wording of what is after all not a technical document nor even a public notice from the WTC but merely a newspaper's description of the wording of a public notice from the WTC. Do you have any supporting evidence to make that stance seem any less unreasonable?
Jack everything other than first hand testimony relies on a source. I can only say that the London Telegraph is a tabloid of long standing and there was no retraction or rebuff. Re the “technical document” is that akin to the Hockey Graph that governments legislated carbon abatement laws around. The one found to be totally fabricated towards an outcome to suit the greenies?
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
LOL, you bring woo, and you don't know it. ?
BN, I did read your entire post, but I will only ask one question...what is woo, a few have used it, is it just this forum that employs it (I expect it means spin) or is it used on other forums?
Originally Posted by Robrob View Post
Since they did "withstand them" and only collapsed after an hour of uncontrolled fire, your point?
Rob it was simply acknowleging that the WTC extoled that the towers were impact resistant. Some here commented that it was not a design feature, that the ability to resist came as a consequence of the design....whats the difference...WTC acknowlege that they were....someone asked me to qualify it.
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Well that makes little to no sense. Witness testimony is trumped by all manner of documentary and physical evidence. I for one discount witness statements especially in a setting in which they will be highly prone to subjectivity , hyperbole, and metaphor. If you choose otherwise you simply bolster my opinion of your opinion.
Jay you are correct, witness testimony is not worth the electricity it cost to generate it...that is why it is the most valid testimony in our legal system. The only way to rebuke witness testimony is to show that there is an agenda to the statements other than just an account of experienced events.
Why would all the testimony on the day by uninterested parties there by chance be highly prone to subjectivity, hyperbole, and metaphor?
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
I would suggest you read Animal's post above, and since you are fond of argumentum ad youtubeum why don't you look up Leslie Robertson's description of the whole "design for aircraft" crap? And by the way, it is poor form to alter members' names.
No more Joe for you sport....thanks SlyJoe.....
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Perhaps you're missing the key features of a progressive collapse.
You can count the number of progressive collapses on your fingers Craig....then we get three in the one place within 8 hours.....Lots of firsts with 911.
sonofgloin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 02:43 AM   #249
dafydd
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,398
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
The Pesident of the United States says he watched it on TV at the school.....and you say he didn’t, that he imagined it.....that’s what it comes down to Mark.....he said it. He misrepresented the facts. He even dreamed up a hokey folksy line about what a terrible pilot the guy was.

Educate me D, tell me why these officials made these observations regarding Shanksville.

>> "This crash was different. There was no wreckage, no bodies, and no noise."
- Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller [1]
"I was looking for anything that said tail, wing, plane, metal. There was nothing."
- Photographer Scott Spangler [2]
"I was amazed because it did not, in any way, shape, or form, look like a plane crash."
- Patrick Madigan, commander of the Somerset barracks
of the Pennsylvania State Police [3]<<
All experts in terrorist attacks and plane crash investigation, no doubt. When will you be releasing your evidence to a stunned world? Get in touch with a national newspaper and blow the gaff.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 03:37 AM   #250
dafydd
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,398
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post

You can count the number of progressive collapses on your fingers Craig....then we get three in the one place within 8 hours.....Lots of firsts with 911.
Perhaps you would care to break the twoofer mold and be the first one here to present your full theory of the events of 911, together with your evidence. The floor is yours. Bear in mind that if you are accusing people of mass murder then the evidence has to be good.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 03:37 AM   #251
Spanx
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,021
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post

BN, I did read your entire post, but I will only ask one question...what is woo, a few have used it, is it just this forum that employs it (I expect it means spin) or is it used on other forums?
What amazes me, or perhaps I should say amuses me.

Sonofgloin has figured the whole story of 911 was an inside job by watching YouTube yet he can't figure out why Beachnut uses the term Woo on the James Randi Educational Forum.
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 03:43 AM   #252
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,370
Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Perhaps you would care to break the twoofer mold and be the first one here to present your full theory of the events of 911, together with your evidence. The floor is yours. Bear in mind that if you are accusing people of mass murder then the evidence has to be good.
And as we all know, nothing ever happens for the first time. Ever. That's reason enough to be suspicious
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 03:51 AM   #253
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,370
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
>> "This crash was different. There was no wreckage, no bodies, and no noise."
- Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller [1]
"I was looking for anything that said tail, wing, plane, metal. There was nothing."
- Photographer Scott Spangler [2]
"I was amazed because it did not, in any way, shape, or form, look like a plane crash."
- Patrick Madigan, commander of the Somerset barracks
of the Pennsylvania State Police [3]<<
Have you asked Mr Miller if he thinks there was a crash at that site? Have you asked Mr Spangler his opinion? Have you asked Mr Madigan if what he saw looked suspicious to him?

Jesus, anybody can take quotes like these and try to make a case. What would a court of law do with these statements, by the way? Well, since for each of these statements there are hundreds of statements and a ton of physical evidence confirming a plane crash, a court of law would speak to ALL of the witnesses and take into consideration ALL of the evidence to get a picture of what really happened.

All you are doing is channeling the creepy defense lawyer trying desperately to get his clients off. A court wouldn't fall for it, and I certainly am not. The
preponderance of evidence makes your case weak. Anybody with half a brain can see through your simple debate techniques. Perhaps you should go to a forum where people are more accepting of your debate style.
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison

Last edited by twinstead; 8th October 2013 at 03:54 AM.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 04:39 AM   #254
sonofgloin
Thinker
 
sonofgloin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 215
Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Perhaps you should go to a forum where people are more accepting of your debate style.
Don't reply if it does not suit ts.....
sonofgloin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 04:51 AM   #255
dafydd
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,398
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Don't reply if it does not suit ts.....
No full theory. Colour me unsurprised. After all, there are no full theories on twoofer YooToob.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 04:54 AM   #256
yodaluver28
Muse
 
yodaluver28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 569
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
The Pesident of the United States says he watched it on TV at the school.....and you say he didn’t, that he imagined it.....that’s what it comes down to Mark.....he said it. He misrepresented the facts. He even dreamed up a hokey folksy line about what a terrible pilot the guy was.
I don't think he really misrepresented or dreamed up anything. His mind conflated two related images and filed them into the proper timeline in his mind even though he didn't actually see those images chronologically as they happened. A lot of people have done it. You'd be amazed how many people are convinced that they saw the first plane hit live on national TV but they couldn't have because it wasn't on TV live anywhere, it was filmed by a documentary film crew and only aired on TV several hours later. The second plane strike was seen live on every major network, but since we all know that the Flight 11 strike happened first, it's filed in many people's memory as the one they saw first even though in real life they all saw it after the Flight 175 strike and after both buildings had collapsed.


Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Educate me D, tell me why these officials made these observations regarding Shanksville.

>> "This crash was different. There was no wreckage, no bodies, and no noise."
- Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller [1]
"I was looking for anything that said tail, wing, plane, metal. There was nothing."
- Photographer Scott Spangler [2]
"I was amazed because it did not, in any way, shape, or form, look like a plane crash."
- Patrick Madigan, commander of the Somerset barracks
of the Pennsylvania State Police [3]<<
I actually watched the Coroner make this statement on a news feed at the site on the day. I have not forgotten the plethora of first hand testimony and I do not discount it because a decade has passed.
The debris field was unusual because the circumstances of the crash were unusual. A deliberate crash in a steep angle at very high speed, leaving the plane and it's occupants in tiny, largely unidentifiable pieces. Even though the Flight 93 crash was unusual, it's debris field was similar to plane crashes that also featured steep plummets and hit the ground nose down at high speed, such as USAir Flight 427 in 1994. The characteristics of the Flight 93 crash site were unusual but not unprecedented.


Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Jay you are correct, witness testimony is not worth the electricity it cost to generate it...that is why it is the most valid testimony in our legal system. The only way to rebuke witness testimony is to show that there is an agenda to the statements other than just an account of experienced events.
Nonsense, eyewitness testimony is by far the least reliable and valid type of evidence imaginable. The human memory is malleable and ever changing. Even the most honest, well-meaning people in the world will misremember important moments and details because that's just how the brain is. It is obsessed with finding patterns, connecting dots, and filling in blanks and when there is not enough information to do so accurately, the memory and the reality are going to be different. Physical evidence and expert testimony explaining the physical evidence always trump witness testimony, especially when it contradicts the physical evidence.


Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Why would all the testimony on the day by uninterested parties there by chance be highly prone to subjectivity, hyperbole, and metaphor?
Because all memory-based testimony is prone to subjectivity, hyperbole, and metaphor no matter who gives it or on what subject. It's not even intentional in most cases, it's just the brain doing it's routine "fill in the blanks to try and make sense of what I saw" thing.


Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
You can count the number of progressive collapses on your fingers Craig....then we get three in the one place within 8 hours.....Lots of firsts with 911.
Yeah, because that "one place" had been attacked by terrorists in fully-loaded jetliners that deliberately crashed into two ginormous buildings. The third building was destroyed by debris and fire caused by the collapse of the two buildings that got rammed into. There were also more than three buildings destroyed that day. WTCs 1, 2, 3, and 7 were completely destroyed. WTCs 4, 5, and 6 were almost completely destroyed and had to have what little was left of them torn down. The Deutsche Bank Building was heavily damaged and ultimately had to be dismantled and will be replaced by the new WTC 5.

How many other buildings around the world have been smashed into at high speed by a fully-loaded jetliner deliberately flown right into it, which started a raging fire after knocking the fireproofing off critical load bearing steel members? While it's true that numerous skyscrapers had never collapsed in one day before, no skyscrapers had ever been attacked by jetliners being used as missiles starting a cascade of failures that would destroy the buildings and other buildings around them. That was the real "first ever" on 9/11. Unless that happens elsewhere, we can't compare what happened to the WTC complex to anything else.
__________________
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. We must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind-Jedi Master Yoda.

Last edited by yodaluver28; 8th October 2013 at 04:55 AM.
yodaluver28 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 05:09 AM   #257
dafydd
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,398
Originally Posted by yodaluver28 View Post
I don't think he really misrepresented or dreamed up anything. His mind conflated two related images and filed them into the proper timeline in his mind even though he didn't actually see those images chronologically as they happened. A lot of people have done it. You'd be amazed how many people are convinced that they saw the first plane hit live on national TV but they couldn't have because it wasn't on TV live anywhere, it was filmed by a documentary film crew and only aired on TV several hours later. Th
I thought I had seen the first plane live. As for the rest of your post, presenting twoofers with facts and logic is a waste of time.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 05:24 AM   #258
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
Quote:

Jay you are correct, witness testimony is not worth the electricity it cost to generate it...that is why it is the most valid testimony in our legal system. The only way to rebuke witness testimony is to show that there is an agenda to the statements other than just an account of experienced events.
Why would all the testimony on the day by uninterested parties there by chance be highly prone to subjectivity, hyperbole, and metaphor?
.
Wrong! For instance a witnesses statement identifying a person as the perpetrator is trumped by DNA. It is trumped by documentary evidence, saysecurity video tthat shows he was somewhere else. In fact any documentary or physical evidence contrary to the witness trumps the witness.
So you know as much about law as you do the Secret Service
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 05:30 AM   #259
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,422
Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
All experts in terrorist attacks and plane crash investigation, no doubt. When will you be releasing your evidence to a stunned world? Get in touch with a national newspaper and blow the gaff.
Heck, I just want to know when he is going to stop relying on quote-mined comments (usually just single sentences plucked from much longer comments), cherry-picked specifically to remove them from their proper context to suit his personal brand of reality distortion.

This guy is a lost cause. It is nothing but the same old game of whack-a-mole again. He makes accusations based on a few very loosely interpreted anomalous witness statements, usually without proper context and always without corroboration, then we explain why he is wrong, then he changes the subject.

He has been asked repeatedly to present something, anything resembling a prima facie case and he ignores those requests. When given the option to chose the rational or the completely ridiculous interpretation of his "evidence" he goes for the completely ridiculous every single time. This is after all a person who seriously real estate developers can order the local fire department to blow up buildings in order to save lives

I personally would like to bring this conversation back around to where sonofgloin stepped into it - with the claim that Building 7 was blown up by Larry Silverstein and the FDNY in an insurance scam. I challenged him to present his detailed prima facie case for this way back around page 3 AND explain how that fits into all the other events of that day especially Flights 77 and 93. He predictably ignored the request and changed the subject.

Rather than allowing all these new tangents I would like to bring this back to the un-resolved business of where this particular part of the conversation started. So what so you sonofgloin? Care to present your comprehensive analysis of everything that happened on 9/11, explaining who did it, how they did it, and why? Remember, you have to include EVERYTHING. No picking Cherries.
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 05:37 AM   #260
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,422
Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
I thought I had seen the first plane live. As for the rest of your post, presenting twoofers with facts and logic is a waste of time.
There was a short series broadcast on History Channel last month - one of those truly interesting programs that are becoming increasingly rare on this channel - called "Your Bleeped Up Brain" about how fallible and maleable human memory and recollection are.

http://www.history.com/shows/your-bl...FatcMgodaXsAKQ

They specifically addressed the Bush comment about seeing the first plane hit on TV. Interestingly they also talked about the results of a poll in which 70% of those responding said they had seen the first plane hit on live TV even though nobody saw the first plane hit on live TV.
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 05:37 AM   #261
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster
 
BasqueArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,869
Quote:
....so it is still back to fire collapsing three steel framed buildings in one place for the first time in history. ...
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
......
You can count the number of progressive collapses on your fingers Craig....then we get three in the one place within 8 hours.....Lots of firsts with 911.
So, is it your claim that it is impossible for something that has never happened before in history to happen for the first time?
__________________
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 05:39 AM   #262
Animal
Master Poster
 
Animal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,094
Originally Posted by yodaluver28 View Post

The debris field was unusual because the circumstances of the crash were unusual. A deliberate crash in a steep angle at very high speed, leaving the plane and it's occupants in tiny, largely unidentifiable pieces. Even though the Flight 93 crash was unusual, it's debris field was similar to plane crashes that also featured steep plummets and hit the ground nose down at high speed, such as USAir Flight 427 in 1994. The characteristics of the Flight 93 crash site were unusual but not unprecedented.
Also, the impact site was soft earth compared to most other impact sites. That combined with you other points made a quite unusual crash scene.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 05:43 AM   #263
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,951
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Jack everything other than first hand testimony relies on a source. I can only say that the London Telegraph is a tabloid of long standing and there was no retraction or rebuff. Re the “technical document” is that akin to the Hockey Graph that governments legislated carbon abatement laws around. The one found to be totally fabricated towards an outcome to suit the greenies?

Rob it was simply acknowleging that the WTC extoled that the towers were impact resistant. Some here commented that it was not a design feature, that the ability to resist came as a consequence of the design....whats the difference...WTC acknowlege that they were....someone asked me to qualify it.
Let's not lose sight of what this discussion is about: You would like me to be persuaded that the plane crashes and fires which we all saw were not the sole cause of the WTC collapse.

As evidence, you present the Telegraph's report (nitpick - it's not a tabloid) that there used to be a sign at the top of the tower telling visitors that the design could withstand a plane crash. From that you would like us to infer that the towers were invulnerable to any plane crash and therefore the towers could not have fallen as a result of that alone.

It's now been pointed out that the towers were not in fact designed to be crash-proof, but that calculations were later done which found that the towers should survive a similar event to the 1945 Empire State Building crash, that is of a typical aircraft of the day (a 707) lost in fog while trying to land and striking the tower at about 180mph.

Now as we saw, the towers did initially withstand the impact of planes which were twice as heavy as a landing 707, and travelling much more than twice as fast. That makes the public notice entirely moot, as the initial impacts did not in fact destroy the buildings. What brought them down were massive, unfought fires copiously supplied with jet fuel, weakening steel which had its fireproofing materials stripped away by the initial crashes.

There was no reason for the Telegraph to retract what it wrote since it was quite likely true. The only problem with it is your totally unreasonable interpretation. Regarding your hockey stick reference, I'm quite aware that politicians lie with statistics, but I'm not impressed by a counsel of despair which says all evidence is therefore equal, and I doubt you'll find any other takers here either.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 05:58 AM   #264
dafydd
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,398
Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post
So, is it your claim that it is impossible for something that has never happened before in history to happen for the first time?
If truther logic were true then it would be a very boring world. Nothing would happen.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 06:00 AM   #265
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,951
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Educate me D, tell me why these officials made these observations regarding Shanksville.

>> "This crash was different. There was no wreckage, no bodies, and no noise."
- Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller [1]
"I was looking for anything that said tail, wing, plane, metal. There was nothing."
- Photographer Scott Spangler [2]
"I was amazed because it did not, in any way, shape, or form, look like a plane crash."
- Patrick Madigan, commander of the Somerset barracks
of the Pennsylvania State Police [3]<<
I actually watched the Coroner make this statement on a news feed at the site on the day. I have not forgotten the plethora of first hand testimony and I do not discount it because a decade has passed..
"This crash was different". Well, different to what? If only you had not forgotten what you heard the coroner say on TV instead of quote mining that little snippet, you might already know why he said it (generously assuming you don't already know perfectly well). I think you're going to find it was because Shanksville was a relatively unusual, steep angled, high speed crash which left most of the wreckage either buried or reduced to very small pieces.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 06:07 AM   #266
dafydd
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,398
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
"This crash was different". Well, different to what? If only you had not forgotten what you heard the coroner say on TV instead of quote mining that little snippet, you might already know why he said it (generously assuming you don't already know perfectly well). I think you're going to find it was because Shanksville was a relatively unusual, steep angled, high speed crash which left most of the wreckage either buried or reduced to very small pieces.
No doubt sonofgloin has visited many crash sites and is giving us the benefit of his vast experience in the field.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 06:32 AM   #267
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
What brought them down were massive, unfought fires copiously supplied with jet fuel, weakening steel which had its fireproofing materials stripped away by the initial crashes.

.
nitpick, the jet fuel simply acellerated the spread of the fire. Had a wastepaper basket started the fire then the situation involving half a dozen floors would have taken hours. Instead, with thousands of gallons of acellerant dumped at high speed throughout these floors and ignited, within seconds several adjacent floors were all involved in large area office fires.

On that scale, that was a 'first' and it happened twice.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 06:34 AM   #268
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,821
Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
No doubt sonofgloin has visited many crash sites and is giving us the benefit of his vast experience in the field.
Having watched "Mayday" many times, I can see that every plane crash is 'different'.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 06:40 AM   #269
Sabretooth
No Ordinary Rabbit
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wyoming, NY
Posts: 6,703
The thing that bothers me most about these discussions is when I remember Truthers have the right to vote.
__________________
--------------------------------------
Stop asking me about that stupid fruity cereal...that's the OTHER rabbit!

Sabretooth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 06:41 AM   #270
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,370
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Don't reply if it does not suit ts.....
I would have preferred a comment rationalizing your decision to not accept the preponderance of evidence and instead take the out-of-context quotes from a couple people to prove your point.
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 07:01 AM   #271
Animal
Master Poster
 
Animal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,094
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
nitpick, the jet fuel simply acellerated the spread of the fire. Had a wastepaper basket started the fire then the situation involving half a dozen floors would have taken hours. Instead, with thousands of gallons of acellerant dumped at high speed throughout these floors and ignited, within seconds several adjacent floors were all involved in large area office fires.

On that scale, that was a 'first' and it happened twice.
The electrical fire on the lower floor years ago is proof of the slow spread (prior to the installation of the sprinkler system)

The combination of the accelerated spread of the fire and the disabling of the sprinkler system was deadly. Had it been a wastepaper basket, the sprinkler system would have contained the fire in the first place, even if there had been gasoline thrown around and entire floor, the sprinkler system likely would have contained it enough to allow for fire fighting personnel to control it.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 07:32 AM   #272
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 16,073
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
You can count the number of progressive collapses on your fingers Craig....then we get three in the one place within 8 hours.....Lots of firsts with 911.
Explain the significance of this statement. Then, tell me your theory of what happened.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 08:00 AM   #273
dafydd
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,398
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Then, tell me your theory of what happened.
Already asked, but true to the twoofer rule book, no answer.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 08:01 AM   #274
Gamolon
Master Poster
 
Gamolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,136
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Rob it was simply acknowleging that the WTC extoled that the towers were impact resistant. Some here commented that it was not a design feature, that the ability to resist came as a consequence of the design....whats the difference...WTC acknowlege that they were....someone asked me to qualify it.
So if a car impacts my house at 80 mph and my house does not collapse, does that mean the contractors, during the design phase, calculated/designed my house to be resistant to car impacts?
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 08:16 AM   #275
Robrob
Philosopher
 
Robrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,497
Quote:
The Pesident of the United States says he watched it on TV at the school.....and you say he didn’t, that he imagined it.....that’s what it comes down to Mark.....he said it. He misrepresented the facts. He even dreamed up a hokey folksy line about what a terrible pilot the guy was.
In your life experience, have you ever known anyone anywhere who recounted a past event in some way morphed by the intervening years? Ever listen to two people recount a car accident or purse snatching that just happened five minutes ago, much less months or years ago?

Coming from a guy (in)famous for his mangling of the language, this surprises you?
__________________
Mister Earl: "The plural of bollocks is not evidence."
Robrob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 08:17 AM   #276
Gamolon
Master Poster
 
Gamolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,136
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
Educate me D, tell me why these officials made these observations regarding Shanksville.

>> "This crash was different. There was no wreckage, no bodies, and no noise."
- Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller [1]
"I was looking for anything that said tail, wing, plane, metal. There was nothing."
- Photographer Scott Spangler [2]
"I was amazed because it did not, in any way, shape, or form, look like a plane crash."
- Patrick Madigan, commander of the Somerset barracks
of the Pennsylvania State Police [3]<<
I actually watched the Coroner make this statement on a news feed at the site on the day. I have not forgotten the plethora of first hand testimony and I do not discount it because a decade has passed.
Can you site SIMILAR (key word here) plane crashes where a 747-222 impacted the ground at such a steep angle and at the same speed as flight 93 so we can compare?

You're insinuating that the people listed above have witnessed plane impacts with the same characteristics and that this particular crash had different physical results when compared to those SIMILAR crashes.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 08:26 AM   #277
Robrob
Philosopher
 
Robrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,497
Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
Can you site SIMILAR (key word here) plane crashes where a 747-222 impacted the ground at such a steep angle and at the same speed as flight 93 so we can compare?

You're insinuating that the people listed above have witnessed plane impacts with the same characteristics and that this particular crash had different physical results when compared to those SIMILAR crashes.
Correct. Cherry picking lay persons' comments expressing hyperbolistic amazement of monumental events never before encountered isn't the best form of "evidence" for anything.
__________________
Mister Earl: "The plural of bollocks is not evidence."
Robrob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 09:00 AM   #278
Gamolon
Master Poster
 
Gamolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,136
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
I expect you will be forwarding me precedents regarding high rises falling to their basements due to fire....on upper or lower floors, I’ll take either.
Sure thing. You need to help me narrow my search down though.

In the case of WTC1 and WTC2:
Please find me all the high rise towers that were about 1,360 feet high, having a steel tube in tube design, were hit in the upper third by a jet (I noticed you left this part out above), and had resultant fires on the floors around the impacts.

In the case of WTC7:
Please find me all the high rise towers that were about 610 feet high, trapezoidal in shape, steel tube in tube design above the 7th floor, had a 5th floor which acted as a diaphragm to distribute loads, and had unfought fires in them.

Or do you think that ALL buildings, regardless of the structural design, will react the same way when the same circumstances are applied to each of them?
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 09:21 AM   #279
dafydd
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,398
Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post

Or do you think that ALL buildings, regardless of the structural design, will react the same way when the same circumstances are applied to each of them?
Lego does, and that's about it for the engineering knowledge of truthers.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2013, 09:29 AM   #280
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 16,073
Originally Posted by sonofgloin View Post
snip
>> "This crash was different. There was no wreckage, no bodies, and no noise."
- Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller [1]
"I was looking for anything that said tail, wing, plane, metal. There was nothing."
- Photographer Scott Spangler [2]
"I was amazed because it did not, in any way, shape, or form, look like a plane crash."
- Patrick Madigan, commander of the Somerset barracks
of the Pennsylvania State Police [3]<<
I actually watched the Coroner make this statement on a news feed at the site on the day. I have not forgotten the plethora of first hand testimony and I do not discount it because a decade has passed.
snip
What else did these people say?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.