ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags debate , tfk , tony szamboti

Old 11th July 2016, 05:09 PM   #361
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
Let's start the process, and begin the debate on how to answer those questions.
You start. You are the one that want's the new investigation.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2016, 05:10 PM   #362
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Debate about the truth of something, or about past events, has no possible effect on the actual truth or events.
What?

Are you really saying that if someone lies about a past event we should not make an attempt to expose it?

Are you saying we should no longer have murder trials, because the trial will have no possible effect on bringing the deceased back to life?
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2016, 05:11 PM   #363
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
You start. You are the one that want's the new investigation.
I have started. You go next. Sign the AE911T petition. It's your turn.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2016, 05:15 PM   #364
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I have started. You go next. Sign the AE911T petition. It's your turn.
They have not started anything. If you think they have please quote the documents where they have petitioned a district attorney or prosecutor.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2016, 05:20 PM   #365
FalseFlag
Banned

They have not started anything. If you think they have please quote the documents where they have petitioned a district attorney or prosecutor.
Where did I claim they started a new investigation?

I said I started, meaning that I signed the petition. It's your turn to sign. Go ahead. It won't hurt.
Old 11th July 2016, 05:26 PM   #366
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I said I started, meaning that I signed the petition. It's your turn to sign. Go ahead. It won't hurt.
So you are not willing to do anything other then signing an online petition that has been shown to do nothing?

You didn't actually answer the question. You look like a fool.

Old 11th July 2016, 05:30 PM   #367
FalseFlag
Banned

So you are not willing to do anything other then signing an online petition that has been shown to do nothing?
I am doing lots to help.

If you looked, you might see that.

In fact, you might not have to look very far.

Quote:
You didn't actually answer the question.
What question?

Quote:
You look like a fool.
Then I blend in perfectly.
Old 11th July 2016, 05:34 PM   #368
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

What question?

The question that everyone reading sees you ignoring.You know, justifying the need for a new investigation and defining it.

Old 11th July 2016, 05:48 PM   #369
NoahFence
Banned

The process is done. What happened on 9-11 was known on 9-11.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2016, 06:05 PM   #370
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
The process is done. What happened on 9-11 was known on 9-11.
True. I'm sure Cheney knew everything on 9/11. In fact, I'm pretty sure he knew well before then, too.
Old 11th July 2016, 06:20 PM   #371
NoahFence
Banned

True. I'm sure Cheney knew everything on 9/11. In fact, I'm pretty sure he knew well before then, too.
Source?

And just so we're clear, I knew what happened on 9-11, on 9-11.
What's taking YOU so long?

Last edited by NoahFence; 11th July 2016 at 06:21 PM.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2016, 06:50 PM   #372
NoahFence
Banned

You're right, and engineers are very conscious of this fact when they design buildings.
Which is why they stood for so long.
Old 11th July 2016, 07:05 PM   #373
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

You're about 10 years too late, when 9/11 truth was in the limelight and had their chance.

It was a spectacularly, laughable, epic failure on a galactic scale.

When exposed as clueless on the issues, the smart truthers faded away or took up other causes; Richard Gage currently keeps a list of the dumb ones.

Why, again, should we care what a collection of chumps who willfully provide an income to a shameless con artist has to say?
Old 11th July 2016, 07:19 PM   #374
NoahFence
Banned

We'll never know until the con artist gets his new investigation!
Derp.
Old 11th July 2016, 08:45 PM   #375
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

lol - this is classic 9/11 truth. Anti-government with McVeigh/Boston-bomber like logic.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2016, 04:03 AM   #376
Georgio
Critical Thinker

You had a similar tone. Apologies
Thanks.
Old 12th July 2016, 05:01 AM   #377
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
lol - this is classic 9/11 truth. Anti-government with McVeigh/Boston-bomber like logic.
Apparently it took Cheney less than a year to get thousands of people to go with his dastardly plans.
Old 12th July 2016, 10:49 AM   #378
skyeagle409
Master Poster

A number of countries around the world, including Afghanistan, had warned the United States that Osama bin Laden was planning to attack the United States. In other words, they were pointing their fingers at Osama bin Laden, not Dick Cheney nor George Bush, Jr.

Afterward, Osama bin Laden admitted that he was responsible for 9/11 and al-Qaeda revealed its videos of the 9/11 hijackers.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2016, 06:00 AM   #379
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

New posts in the debate, unfortunately rerun of old arguments we have heard before nothing new.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2016, 06:33 AM   #380
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Signing the petition expresses the desire for a new investigation.

Without that desire one doesnt sign.
Simple huh?

Moving beyond that, what has AE911T done towards that goal?
Little to nothing at all!

Feel duped yet? If not then perhaps a few more years of inaction and you will come to notice it.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 03:23 PM   #381
Bitca
Student

Is anyone amused by Tony starting out his latest post with
Quote:
Although ground rule #7 was worded and insisted on by you,

Quote:
7. Each post will discuss one principle topic. Each topic consists of 4 posts. Person A will state a topic post, Person B replies, Person A counters, then Person B counters, and that topic is closed. Person B then leads off the next sequence.
it is apparent that you felt the need to disregard it concerning the discussion on whether there was evidence of explosive use in the building collapses.
given that Tony started out his topic post with
Quote:
Now that it has been shown that although many firefighters talked of explosions, and they can be observed in video and in seismographic evidence from LDEO, there was never any real investigations for explosive use conducted, and all those saying there were none can point to is their own personal search through Internet photo sets of unknown completeness for demolition devices, it is time to move to things with some level of official involvement with reports that can actually be critiqued. This obviously brings us to the NIST reports on the building collapses. The first one I would like to discuss is that for WTC 7.

I suppose he thinks that had he started out with
Quote:
Now that it has been shown that the sky is green, the earth is flat, and we never made it to the moonit is time to move to things with some level of official involvement with reports that can actually be critiqued.
those assertions should have been left unaddressed.

Or has everyone stopped paying attention?
Bitca is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 03:48 PM   #382
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Bitca View Post

I'm waiting for one of them to start a debate...............

I'm not holding my breath............

Last edited by DGM; 17th July 2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 17th July 2016, 04:47 PM   #383
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Bitca View Post
Is anyone amused by Tony starting out his latest post with

given that Tony started out his topic post with

I suppose he thinks that had he started out with

those assertions should have been left unaddressed.

Yes, you could say I violated the rule, although I was just trying to end that topic discussion. You could also say tfk had a right to come back on it although I only spent 3/4 of a paragraph and he spent half his post.

I am going to propose a rule clarification to tfk which will still limit the discussion to four posts but with the understanding that it can be brought up again as a topic.

I will send him a PM on the 911 free forum with this post copied on it.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 17th July 2016 at 04:49 PM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2016, 04:56 PM   #384
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Yes, you could say I violated the rule, although I was just trying to end that topic discussion. You could also say tfk had a right to come back on it although I only spent 3/4 of a paragraph and he spent half his post.

I am going to propose a rule clarification to tfk which will still limit the discussion to four posts but with the understanding that it can be brought up again as a topic.

I will send him a PM on the 911 free forum with this post copied on it.
Why not skip all these rules and actually support the hypothesis you support? Better still, actually present a coherent hypothesis.

Last edited by DGM; 17th July 2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 17th July 2016, 06:54 PM   #385
NoahFence
Banned

Why not skip all these rules and actually support the hypothesis you support? Better still, actually present a coherent hypothesis.
Some folks are too important to worry about having a coherent argument.
Old 18th July 2016, 04:57 AM   #386
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Some folks are too important to worry about having a coherent argument.
Conspiracy theories never have a coherent Argument, and never will because they are Fallacies.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2016, 02:27 PM   #387
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Anything as long as it stops including a debate about the rules of the debate.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2016, 04:42 PM   #388
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Anything as long as it stops including a debate about the rules of the debate.
Can we have a debate about the rules on the rule of the rules that rule the debate that might be more interesting than either fallacy being discussed in the debate.
Old 18th July 2016, 07:20 PM   #389
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Can we have a debate about the rules on the rule of the rules that rule the debate that might be more interesting than either fallacy being discussed in the debate.
http://the911forum.freeforums.org/rules-t764.html
Quote:
...There are no rules in this subforum except those you and your opponent(s) make for yourselves.*

* Other notable exception: you may not violate the Host Terms of Service Agreement, that pretty well covers it.
Plus ZERO moderation was part of the deal.

Last edited by ozeco41; 18th July 2016 at 07:28 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2016, 11:25 PM   #390
HotRodDeluxe
Muse

Seconded.
HotRodDeluxe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2016, 12:25 PM   #391
Richard the G
Thinker

tfk

Thank you for the insights. I think that your debate with Tony is useful and shows ae911truth's top engineer debating with another engineer. it will be a useful record to refer to. Pls keep going !
Richard the G is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2016, 02:07 PM   #392
Richard the G
Thinker

Originally Posted by Richard the G View Post
tfk

Thank you for the insights. I think that your debate with Tony is useful and shows ae911truth's top engineer debating with another engineer. it will be a useful record to refer to. Pls keep going !
Tony opened up the ConEd claim and the statements by Arup and Colin Bailley. So why don't you ask Tony:
- does he accept that column 79 failed several seconds in advance of the perimeter wall
- how does he explain the load redistribution after column 79 failed.
- does he think that beams without proper top flange protection can fail in a normal fire.
Richard the G is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2016, 04:48 PM   #393
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Tony is now calling rule #5 into play.............tfk could possibly lose his turn....

I'm on the edge of my seat with this turn of events.......

Old 23rd July 2016, 06:00 PM   #394
FalseFlag
Banned

Where are you, tfk? You're missing out on an opportunity to commit more fraud. What's your problem? Do you lack the competence to play with the big boys? The answer is "yes", but will you finally admit it?

Last edited by FalseFlag; 23rd July 2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 23rd July 2016, 07:42 PM   #395
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Where are you, tfk? You're missing out on an opportunity to commit more fraud. What's your problem? Do you lack the competence to play with the big boys? The answer is "yes", but will you finally admit it?

Perhaps, should focus your message to Tony considering there's no evidence of thermite or explosives.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2016, 07:45 PM   #396
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Perhaps, should focus your message to Tony considering there's no evidence of thermite or explosives.
Why don't you take tfk's place?
Old 23rd July 2016, 07:48 PM   #397
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Why don't you take tfk's place?

It would be no contest because the first thing I would demand from Tony is for him to post his evidence of CD explosives.

I already know as a fact that no explosives were used to demolish the WTC buildings.
Old 23rd July 2016, 07:50 PM   #398
FalseFlag
Banned

It would be no contest because the first thing I would demand from Tony is for him to post his evidence of CD explosives.

I already know as a fact that no explosives were used to demolish the WTC buildings.
I think your definition of "fact" might not be factual.
Old 23rd July 2016, 07:51 PM   #399
skyeagle409
Master Poster

I think your definition of "fact" might not be factual.
It's all very clear. No CD explosive evidence. Accept reality for what it is.
Old 23rd July 2016, 07:53 PM   #400
FalseFlag
Banned

It's all very clear. No CD explosive evidence. Accept reality for what it is.
You can believe whatever you want.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories