IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th November 2022, 10:58 AM   #201
Leumas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
I got a theory. It's probably something I heard and later pull out of the old memory banks. So I and sure if we google it we can find it without my name on it.

The idea is that God's relationship with us and maybe even God him/herself grows.

Hence the Old Testament is all fire and brimstone but then God wises up and builds a new covenant with us that includes his son, who is not allowed to touch the smite button on God's computer.

People like the new arrangement and the religion grows.

God wonders why he didn't think of this before the big flood and all that.

Evidently he has not matured much after all these thousands of years either... because he still pulls pranks on poor unsuspecting souls.

Originally Posted by Rephrasing of Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
YHWH & Jesus are immature juvenile delinquent gods with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets full of benighted gullible people and buzz them.

Buzz them?

Yeah, they buzz them. They find some random sick person with a disease that can be easily cured by the immune system, then cure the unsuspecting soul whom no one’s ever going to believe and then strut up and down in front of them wearing silly halos on their heads and making beep beep noises.
Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy