IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags russia , ukraine

Old Today, 01:41 AM   #1001
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
Ah, sorry. I assumed you are concerned about safety. If it was just time wasted, wouldn't clicking be way faster than making a post about it ?
It's the principle of the thing.

I'm much in agreement with Blue Mountain, though. It's fairly basic courtesy to give some context about what a link is/says when you're the one posting it. It doesn't have to be much, really, but raw web address alone is ugh. The big catch bit was something, yes, but was still a bit vague. A headline or quote would be far, far better than the raw link.

As it stands, I relied on the more full address pop up at the bottom of Firefox to get a little context, but I'd be pretty much guaranteed not to click on the link without that. As it was, the link name didn't interest me enough to click on it.

Last edited by Aridas; Today at 01:47 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:49 AM   #1002
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

If that post results in other posters following the advice given it will save the composer far more time than it took to compose it. The rest of us would also get that extra time and/or useful information from links we wouldn't otherwise have clicked on because we have been given no clue what they are about.
Old Today, 04:05 AM   #1003
jeremyp
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
Ah, sorry. I assumed you are concerned about safety. If it was just time wasted, wouldn't clicking be way faster than making a post about it ?
It’s fairly inconsiderate to post link only comments. Unfortunately, behaviour won’t be changed if everybody else just sucks it up.
jeremyp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics