ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Dave Thomas , david ray griffin , Jonathan Kay , Karen Stollznow , kevin ryan , Niels Harrit , richard gage , Richard Mueller

Old 12th September 2011, 06:33 AM   #161
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
It is indeed a good time for Truthers these days. It's like a comedy listening to your pathetic rebuttals. The Readers must be having a hoot..
You haven't shown anything to rebutt. Just made some vague claim about guns and concrete which I have already debunked.

Complete your claim (in a new thread, preferably) cite your sources and then you might be getting somewhere.......
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 06:34 AM   #162
angrysoba
Philosophile

It is indeed a good time for Truthers these days. It's like a comedy listening to your pathetic rebuttals. The Readers must be having a hoot..
Rebuttals? I'm just completely bewildered by your nonsense (which, being nonsense is incapable of rebuttal) and I think The Readers feel the same way.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 06:34 AM   #163
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

If concrete melted then so did the steel in the floors because the components of concrete like stone and so on become molten at a temperature above that of steel. About 2,600 degrees centigrade. (nanothermite type temperatures)
Stop lying, bill. Thermite is limited by the boiling point of Al to less than 2519ļC, and the same is true of nanothermite. Concrete doesn't melt in the normal sense, because it's an aggregate, not a single material. Concrete will fall apart way below that temperature as the heat converts the fully hydrated Portland cement binder to its anhydrous form, and could possibly be re-set into concrete by mixing with water in the same way it was set in the first place. And, like all the liars in the truth movement, you know next to nothing about the subject, but think you can make up reality to suit your unfounded beliefs.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 06:37 AM   #164
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

What do you think Readers ? Is he believable ? No ? I thought not.

Oh I see, you were talking about WTC7.....mea culpa.

Well that leaves fuel............they had no fixed time for the WTC7 to fall and helicopters cannot stay up forever.

and ATC may also have told them to stay down.
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 06:42 AM   #165
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Why do these truthers rely on the support of these mysterious "readers", when we know from experience that the vast majority of lurkers think truthers are nuts?
Old 12th September 2011, 06:47 AM   #166
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Stop lying, bill. Thermite is limited by the boiling point of Al to less than 2519ļC, and the same is true of nanothermite. Concrete doesn't melt in the normal sense, because it's an aggregate, not a single material. Concrete will fall apart way below that temperature as the heat converts the fully hydrated Portland cement binder to its anhydrous form, and could possibly be re-set into concrete by mixing with water in the same way it was set in the first place. And, like all the liars in the truth movement, you know next to nothing about the subject, but think you can make up reality to suit your unfounded beliefs.

Dave
Time for you to go back to school for a refresher Dave.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...6&postcount=32 hyperlink
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 06:48 AM   #167
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Why do these truthers rely on the support of these mysterious "readers", when we know from experience that the vast majority of lurkers think truthers are nuts?
The Lurkers support me in e-mail
They all think I'm great don't you know.
You posters just don't understand me
But soon you will reap what you sow.

Lurkers, lurkers, lurkers support me, you'll see, you'll see
Off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see.

The lurkers support me in e-mail
"So why don't they post?" you all cry
They're scared of your hostile intentions
They just can't be as brave as I.

One day I'll round up all my lurkers
We'll have a newsgroup of our own
Without all this flak from you morons
My lurkers will post round my throne.

- Jo Walton
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 06:50 AM   #168
Dave Rogers

Just a suggestion, bill, but have you considered reading posts before you reply to them?

Dave

Old 12th September 2011, 06:52 AM   #169
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sheeplesnshills View Post
Oh I see, you were talking about WTC7.....mea culpa.

Well that leaves fuel............they had no fixed time for the WTC7 to fall and helicopters cannot stay up forever.

and ATC may also have told them to stay down.
And just 20 minutes or so before WTC7 went down. Damn they must have been pissed off to miss the third best footage of the century. lol I think they would have made sure they had enough fuel to catch the collapse which apparently was not unextected.. Jonathon LKay siad there was more than one chopper anyway.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 06:54 AM   #170
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Just a suggestion, bill, but have you considered reading posts before you reply to them?

Dave
The pictures tell a thousand words Dave. Any comment on them by the way ? We could all do with a laugh.
Old 12th September 2011, 06:55 AM   #171
A W Smith
Philosopher

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...6&postcount=32 hyperlink
so you are claiming 6 wtc was brought down with therm*te? Because that's where the customs house was
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 06:57 AM   #172
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

And just 20 minutes or so before WTC7 went down. Damn they must have been pissed off to miss the third best footage of the century. lol I think they would have made sure they had enough fuel to catch the collapse which apparently was not unextected.. Jonathon LKay siad there was more than one chopper anyway.
Who was flying these helicopters? Does he have any proof of his time frame?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 06:58 AM   #173
Dave Rogers

The pictures tell a thousand words Dave.
Which, if you had the intelligence to understand them, don't contradict any of the words I said.

Any comment on them by the way ? We could all do with a laugh.
We're already having one, thanks.

Dave

Old 12th September 2011, 07:01 AM   #174
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
so you are claiming 6 wtc was brought down with therm*te? Because that's where the customs house was
I don't mind. I'm happy to have proven temperatures more than enough to liquify steel anywhere in the doomed WTC complex on 9/11.
Old 12th September 2011, 07:04 AM   #175
A W Smith
Philosopher

I don't mind. I'm happy to have proven temperatures more than enough to liquify steel anywhere in the doomed WTC complex on 9/11.
then you need to produce the formerly molten steel. Produce it or fail.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 07:06 AM   #176
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Who was flying these helicopters? Does he have any proof of his time frame?
Who knows ? Probably government technical bureaus, NYPD, NYFD , News..
I'm not sure what the pilots had for breakfast that morning either.

You guys are done.. It's getting to be so easy now its hardly any fun anymore.

PS.You'd have to ask Jonathon Kay whether he was lying or not about the time frame. That might be difficult for you seeing that he's one of your own main mouthpieces.

Last edited by bill smith; 12th September 2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12th September 2011, 07:08 AM   #177
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Who knows ? Probably government technical bureaus, NYPD, NYFD , News..
I'm not sure what the pilots had for breakfast that morning either.

You guys are done.. It's getting to be so easy now its hardly any fun anymore.
So you believe they were there with no proof?

It must be fun to live in your world, if you want something to be true you just, say it twice, click your heals and it's done.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 07:08 AM   #178
chrismohr
Master Poster

Thanks Dave,

Good job in keeping it straightforward. From a pure debating point of view I would have to agree with Empress that it was a tie (in that an uninformed listener would not be convinced fully by one side or another). Presentations on both sides were well done. And while the bias of the reporters was obvious, they did not use their bias to treat the other side disrespectfully. Thanks also Empress for posting the link, since I had to miss it last night.

I disagree that Dave was too conciliatory... he knew he was in a setting where withering contempt or attacks would have been met with strong disapproval. Even if you don't respect Gage or Harritt, it is the audience you must treat with respect in a setting like this, so I thought his tone was just right.

Bill, your "conclusive" Chandler video fails on many fronts. Having talked personally with NIST people for over four hours, I KNOW that even though Shyam Sunder talked and wrote only about the noise issue, they also told me "We followed the evidence," and there was no evidence of bombs. They specifically told me: no evidence of detonator wires. No evidence of radio receivers. No evidence of anything that would point them towards bombs. The absence of these things wasn't even worth reporting. They reported what they found, not what they didn't find! They didn't say this, but I would guess that their model of an explosion was a quick response to the flood of inquiries they got about bombs, but they never had any evidence of bombs at all. Paddington's testimony contradicts his own testimony from an earlier time, as my Building 7 eyewitnesses YouTube shows. There were sounds and explosives, but none big enough to bring down a large building. Thermitics burn to slowly to create precise demolition. I could go on and on... oh, I already have. If I were Shyam Sunder I would not worry about getting arrested.
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 07:14 AM   #179
chrismohr
Master Poster

CORRECTION: on above post, there were sounds and explosions not explosives. Sorry.
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 07:18 AM   #180
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
CORRECTION: on above post, there were sounds and explosions not explosives. Sorry.
Very freudian Chris you will admit.
Old 12th September 2011, 07:21 AM   #181
bill smith
Philosopher

So you believe they were there with no proof?

It must be fun to live in your world, if you want something to be true you just, say it twice, click your heals and it's done.

I want a new and completely independent well funded investigation with power to subpoena any American citizen. 'Click,click,click'......it's not working DGM I'm afraid.

Last edited by bill smith; 12th September 2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12th September 2011, 07:27 AM   #182
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I want a new and completely independent well funded investigation with power to subpoena any American citizen. 'Click,click,click' Not working DGM I'm afraid.
That's because you don't really want it. You know you ("truth leaders") would have to answer too many questions.

Old 12th September 2011, 07:32 AM   #183
bill smith
Philosopher

That's because you don't really want it. You know you ("truth leaders") would have to answer too many questions.
We'll take that chance. Bring it on..
Old 12th September 2011, 07:33 AM   #184
Sabretooth
No Ordinary Rabbit

Very freudian Chris you will admit.
Oh...I must have missed the sexual reference...

Sabretooth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 07:34 AM   #185
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

I also think you'll never get that change for your day in court, bill, but for different reasons than you think. You see, the reason why you'll never get your investigation is you don't have enough real evidence to challenge the results of the first one, which WAS a well-funded investigation, and rational people don't want to waste their tax dollars on another investigation to tell us what we already know: 19 Islamic extremists hijacked 4 planes, and crashed 2 into WTC1 and 2, one into the Pentagon, and one into a field in Pennsylvania. Total waste of time.

I understand you think you have evidence to support a new investigation and believe the fact you will never get it is due to some suppression or cover up, but that is irrelevant; the fact remains that you folks have NOTHING.

Last edited by twinstead; 12th September 2011 at 07:36 AM.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 07:44 AM   #186
Myriad
Hyperthetical

(emphasis added)

I want a new and completely independent well funded investigation with power to subpoena any American citizen. 'Click,click,click'......it's not working DGM I'm afraid.

Here is evidence that even in a magical world where anything desired could be obtained by a magic spell so simple that it can be described step by step in six words, some people would starve.

Respectfully,
Myriad
Old 12th September 2011, 07:46 AM   #187
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

I'm sure they were pissed off.....a lot of people were that day to put it mildly. Anyway compared to the WTC towers, WTC7 was and remains a minor sideshow.

The exact moment was unknown so unless a camera just happened to be pointing at it at the right moment.........It stood for 7 hours.

Perhaps there was another helicopter but as I said the WTC7 was a minor sideshow by that time so the chances of them having a Camera on it at that moment were not high.
Old 12th September 2011, 07:59 AM   #188
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

The pictures tell a thousand words Dave. Any comment on them by the way ? We could all do with a laugh.

Bill. perhaps you can tell us who wrote those captions? A museum curator with a major in Eng. Literature or a Engineer/Scientist. Since we know that they are Likely incorrect....I'm guessing it wasn't an engineer or scientist.

Believing that's melted concrete is the same as "knowing" molten metal is molten steel just by looking at it.
Old 12th September 2011, 03:46 PM   #189
TsuDhoNimh
Thinker

There are a few pistols from the WTC in a police museum somewhere in New York. They are encased in formerly liquid concrete.
Bill - It was never "melted concrete".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RhdBxEe_6M

Those fragments of guns and things are "encased" in a crust of corrosion and crud that forms when you have something buried in hot debris and then get it wet. The heat and the alkalinity from the concrete speeds up corrosion and the wet dust bakes into something resembling West Texas dirt. If they had not removed these artifacts, they would have corroded into rust stains.

The large mass of guns and concrete is formed the same way ... dust and fine debris fills gaps between the guns, fire fighting gets them wet and everything corrodes into a mass.

This, BTW, is testable if you have some steel objects and some pulverized concrete. Put the guns in, wet it down, and then cook it for a few days.
TsuDhoNimh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2011, 04:09 PM   #190
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TsuDhoNimh View Post
Bill - It was never "melted concrete".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RhdBxEe_6M

Those fragments of guns and things are "encased" in a crust of corrosion and crud that forms when you have something buried in hot debris and then get it wet. The heat and the alkalinity from the concrete speeds up corrosion and the wet dust bakes into something resembling West Texas dirt. If they had not removed these artifacts, they would have corroded into rust stains.

The large mass of guns and concrete is formed the same way ... dust and fine debris fills gaps between the guns, fire fighting gets them wet and everything corrodes into a mass.

This, BTW, is testable if you have some steel objects and some pulverized concrete. Put the guns in, wet it down, and then cook it for a few days.
Great Video. Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 07:48 PM   #191
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
I disagree that Dave was too conciliatory... he knew he was in a setting where withering contempt or attacks would have been met with strong disapproval. Even if you don't respect Gage or Harritt, it is the audience you must treat with respect in a setting like this, so I thought his tone was just right.

Actually I didn't mean Dave, who I think was good and stuck to the point, I meant the guy in the first hour. The one who wasn't Jonathon Kay.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories