ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Niels Harrit , Peter Mangs , truther violence

Old 28th January 2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Josarhus
Thinker

Swedish serial killer inspired by Niels Harrit

The Swedish serial killer Peter Mangs who at the moment stand trial accused of several murders and murder attempts in Malmoe, Sweden, admires Niels Harrit according to the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten:

Jyllands-Posten 1/28-2013

Excerpt (google translated):

Quote:
“Swedish police psychological profile of Mangs it appears that he is considered difficult deviant mentally.

And according to Mangs friends, he has a pronounced tendency to divide people into categories superior or inferior.

He is also strongly influenced by conspiracy researcher Niels Harrit, who is skeptical about the official explanations on 11th September attacks on the World Trade Center in the United States.

And after 2009 still more of Peter Mangs time is spend with conspiracy thinking. And the same year he was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.”

I don't personally find Harrit in anyway responsible for the crimes committed by Mangs, but as I remember it, this is not the first time that Gunmen/serial killers are connected to the truth movement.
Old 28th January 2013, 04:16 PM   #2
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

This also isn't the first time I've seen someone with Asperger's syndrome (a personality disorder in which a person has severe narcissism), that is into conspiracy theories.

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.

Last edited by The Platypus; 28th January 2013 at 04:17 PM.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2013, 06:03 PM   #3
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

I think conspiracy preachers like Harrit, Alex Jones etc have to take some chunk of the responsibility of their follows actions. They are effectively feeding them the propaganda which leads people to commit crimes like murder. And you're absolutely right, this isn't the first time a murderer has been connected to the truth movement, several have been over the years.
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 12:21 AM   #4
ergo
Illuminator

He is "strongly influenced" by Niels Harrit?? Yes, he's such a raving conspiracy theorist, that Niels. A real soapboxer.

I mean, listen to this:
Quote:
An FEI XL30-SFEG scanning electron microscope (SEM) was used to perform secondary-electron (SE) imaging and backscattered electron (BSE) imaging. The SE imaging was used to look at the surface topography and porosity of the red/gray chips, while the BSE imaging was used to distinguish variations in average atomic number, Z. The microscope was also equipped with an EDAX X-ray energy dispersive spectrometry (XEDS) system. The XEDS system uses a silicon detector (SiLi) with resolution better than 135 eV. The spectrum resolution was set to 10 eV per channel. Operating conditions for the acquired XEDS spectra were 20 keV beam energy (unless otherwise specified) and 40-12 second acquisition time (livetime). XEDS maps were acquired using the same system at a beam energy of 10 keV.... !!!
This kinda talk just makes me kookoo!! It makes me wanna go out and SHOOT people!!

It looks like a very convenient smear tactic, with Harrit's lawsuit recently announced. Notice the statement is not a quote. It is not attributed to anyone, just the "police psychological profile". They could throw anything in there. Bedunkers'll suck it up.
Old 29th January 2013, 12:25 AM   #5
ergo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
I think conspiracy preachers like Harrit, Alex Jones etc have to take some chunk of the responsibility of their follows actions. They are effectively feeding them the propaganda which leads people to commit crimes like murder.
Really? Like what? How many people have been murdered in the name of 9/11 truth? And how many were murdered in the Osama bin Laden goose chase, drone attacks on Pakistan, and all the other brutal aggressive actions in the name of a War on "Terror"? Can you compare those stats for us?

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
And you're absolutely right, this isn't the first time a murderer has been connected to the truth movement, several have been over the years.
Really? Who are those people?

Last edited by ergo; 29th January 2013 at 12:48 AM.
ergo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 03:24 AM   #6
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Who were his victims - how did he choose them? What were his stated motives for the murder attempts? I think unless the answers to the questions are in some discernible way colored by specific conspiracy theories, then we should be most careful to attribute such crimes to the actions of CT leaders like Harrit.

Question: Would Mang not have commited these crimes if Harrit had never gone bonkers? If no 9/11 CTs existed? Hard to say, but I suspect a personality like his, in personal circumstances like his, will eventually gravitate to such deeds. If it weren't 9/11 CTs, then he'd have hooked his misanthropic demons onto other causes.

ETA: I vaguely remember a study (? Or hypothesis?) that was discussed here quite a while ago, according to which belief in Conspiracy Theories is positively (and causally?) correlated to the propensity to commit just the kinds of things that are attributed to the mythical conspirators:
- If the CT alleges fraud, then CT believers are more likely to be fraudsters themselves
- If the CT alleged cover-up, then the CT believers are more likely to state that they would cover up conspiracies
- If the CT alleged murder, then the CT believers are more likely to state that they would murder, if they were part of the conspiracy

So it would seem it's the propensity to commit the crimes and deviant behaviour typical for CTs that makes one a CT believer - not the other way round - that belief in CTs makes you commit crimes or engage in deviant behavious.

Last edited by Oystein; 29th January 2013 at 03:59 AM. Reason: ETA
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 03:53 AM   #7
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
It could be just a matter of an overlapping core profile (i.e. loser with mental issues).
Old 29th January 2013, 04:17 AM   #8
calebprime
Somewhat Elitist Parasite

Originally Posted by The Platypus View Post
This also isn't the first time I've seen someone with Asperger's syndrome (a personality disorder in which a person has severe narcissism), that is into conspiracy theories.
[off topic] I suspect that narcissism is not really the word you want here. People with Asperger's may have trouble with empathy, 'theory of mind', and understanding other people's motives, but that doesn't mean they 'have severe narcissism'. Different categories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

People with Aspergers don't typically have the vanity, conceit, egotism, manipulativeness that defines pathological narcissism.

( Sung to the tune of the old Time jingle: "Time flies, and you are there!" )
calebprime is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 10:08 AM   #9
ergo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by calebprime View Post
People with Aspergers don't typically have the vanity, conceit, egotism, manipulativeness that
motivates serial killing. I also thought this to be an odd detail.

Also odd that he was well into his 30s before receiving that diagnosis.

From other articles on Mangs:
Quote:
Police also found a book on the 'Laser Man', a Swedish serial killer who shot 11 people in Stockholm and Uppsala in 1991 and 1992.

Quote:
According to prosecutors, Mangs saw a psychiatrist in 2002, a year before his first attack, saying he was preoccupied with thoughts of murder.

'He has a great interest in death, and he wonders how it feels to kill someone,' Hakan Larsson, one of the prosecutors, said of the meeting.

'He was curious about killing and was afraid of hurting anyone. That's why he made contact with psychiatric services.'
Gee, dya think this might have had a little more something to do with it than Active Thermitic Materials Found in World Trade Center Dust?

It's disgusting that this Danish newspaper - the same paper, incidentally, that published the caricatures of Mohammed - would throw in the "Niels Harrit" detail. No one else has reported this. It just happens to appear here, in the same country where Niels Harrit has just announced his lawsuit against a different journalism outlet.

Last edited by ergo; 29th January 2013 at 10:12 AM.
ergo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 10:10 AM   #10
ergo
Illuminator

I wonder if we should start examining more closely the undercurrent of anti-Muslim sentiment that exists among proponents of the official 9/11 story. There is plenty of evidence of it.
Old 29th January 2013, 10:26 AM   #11
ergo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I vaguely remember a study (? Or hypothesis?) that was discussed here quite a while ago, according to which belief in Conspiracy Theories is positively (and causally?) correlated to the propensity to commit just the kinds of things that are attributed to the mythical conspirators:
Does such a study really exist? Or are you just conveniently "vaguely remembering it being discussed" somewhere? Would love to see it.

So it would seem it's the propensity to commit the crimes and deviant behaviour typical for CTs that makes one a CT believer - not the other way round - that belief in CTs makes you commit crimes or engage in deviant behavious.
This confirms for me not only your irrationality, but your insincerity in your dealings with 9/11 truth and 9/11 researchers and why all goodwill communication with you by them should cease.
Old 29th January 2013, 10:27 AM   #12
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ergo View Post
I wonder if we should start examining more closely the undercurrent of anti-Muslim sentiment that exists among proponents of the official 9/11 story. There is plenty of evidence of it.
911 truth apologizes for 19 terrorists, who are not of Islam, they were UBL dumbed down nuts. Like 911 truth followers, not armed to know what is right.

An anti-Muslim sentiment? Is that a delusion you have like your claims on 911?

A serial killer is not the sharpest person on earth, it is not unusual someone so mentally challenged would fall for lies from 911 truth.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 10:57 AM   #13
carlitos
"más divertido"

I see that ergo is setting a land speed record for non-sequiturs in this thread. Caricatures of Mohammed? Osama bin Laden? Wow.
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 10:58 AM   #14
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
A serial killer is not the sharpest person on earth
But... but... Hannibal Lecter!
Old 29th January 2013, 11:15 AM   #15
carlitos
"más divertido"

He is "strongly influenced" by Niels Harrit?? Yes, he's such a raving conspiracy theorist, that Niels. A real soapboxer.

I mean, listen to this:

This kinda talk just makes me kookoo!! It makes me wanna go out and SHOOT people!!
Note Harrit's dispassionate language below.

Originally Posted by Josarhus
Niels Harrit’s latest interview done today 7/9 on Russia Today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNya...layer_embedded

http://www.russiatoday.com/Politics/...n_the_WTC.html

He seems to have moved away from seeing nano thermite as the stuff that brought down the three WTC buildings, and now thinks that besides the hundreds of tons of nano thremite, that also hundreds of tons of conventional explosives were used.

A few quotes:

Originally Posted by Russia Today interview 7/9 2009
Niels Harrit: “We do not know if the thermite that we have found is the same thermite which has been used for melting the beams. It’s very, very possible that different varieties were used, and I personally am certain that conventional explosives were used too, in abundance.”

Russia Today: “When you say “in abundance,” how much do you mean?”

Niels Harrit: “Tons! Hundreds of tons! Many, many, many tons!”
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 11:34 AM   #16
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Does such a study really exist? Or are you just conveniently "vaguely remembering it being discussed" somewhere? Would love to see it.
Yes, me too

Maybe later tonight I'll find a couple of useful keywords somewhere in my brain.
Or perhaps some of the folks reading along here do remember. That would incindetally be the reason why I posted this: To get others to fill my memory in.

This confirms for me not only your irrationality, but your insincerity in your dealings with 9/11 truth and 9/11 researchers and why all goodwill communication with you by them should cease.
Silly you
I was paraphrasing what I recalled from that hypothesis. It is not necessarily my own conviction. I find it somewhat plausible, sure - but, for starters, not applicable to all truthers. Such correlations in human traits typically come with quite a scatter field.

Of course what you wrote had nothing to do with my post - you just sought to find some mud to fling at me, so you'd have an excuse to handwave what I say. I take that as a badge of honor. I guess it means you are uncomfortable getting exposed as a fraud by my arguments again and again and again and again and again and again.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 12:31 PM   #17
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

did you mistakenly post this in this thread as it seems to have no relevence to the thread?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 12:48 PM   #18
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I mean, listen to this:

You are perhaps not aware of this, but Niels Harrit quite actively seeks, and often gets, media attention in Skandinavian media, through TV interviews, for example, and those who know him personally (I have talked to at least two Danes who do) tell me that such occasion are often laden with erratic emotions: He can be very charming at times, and at other times he can quicky explode into verbal aggressiveness and plain hatred. Quite different from the neutral verbiage of scientific papers. Few people actually read a paper like ATM, most will just stick to the YouTubes and other "made for general audiences" aooearances.

So citing from the paper is hardly representative of the tone and message that Harrit likes to spread.
Old 29th January 2013, 12:52 PM   #19
Josarhus
Thinker

I mean, listen to this:

It looks like a very convenient smear tactic, with Harrit's lawsuit recently announced. Notice the statement is not a quote. It is not attributed to anyone, just the "police psychological profile". They could throw anything in there. Bedunkers'll suck it up.
Ergo,

Besides his ”professional work”, Harrit is often found among his fellow truthers doing ”street actions”:

http://api.ning.com/files/VnxswNOoT0...XjyMbd/016.JPG

Harrit is in the middle in the white shirt and gray cap.

Some of you may know the guy standing to the far right, in a “911 was an inside job” shirt. He is very active on Youtube as Thetan1974/Jeppe Severin, and trust me the way they talk about/to anybody who doesn’t agree with them, is far from polite and often extremely unfriendly and offensive.

Actually most of Harrits public appearances is spent on regular truther claims, and not his nano thermite.

Harrits lawsuit was not brought against the newspaper here in question.
Old 29th January 2013, 01:49 PM   #20
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Let's say Niels Harrit did not inspire the Serial Killer. That does not change the fact that Niels Harrit is a total Crackpot.

And, yeah, Ergo seems to be going for some kind of "WTF,where did that come from" in one theread record.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2013, 04:09 PM   #21
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

How about the Anti Muslim sentiment among the truthers that Muslims are too stupid and ignorant to pull off something like 9.11?

What is really annoying about Truther is more then Ten Years on, they still cannot up with anything but the Same Old You Know What to defend their cause.

Last edited by dudalb; 29th January 2013 at 04:10 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2013, 10:46 AM   #22
Starving for Truth
Thinker

So it's ok that the government murders 3000 people, but God beware one person kills some people in his spare time? So what if Harrit inspired him.
Starving for Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2013, 10:57 AM   #23
Starving for Truth
Thinker

Originally Posted by Josarhus View Post
Some of you may know the guy standing to the far right, in a “911 was an inside job” shirt. He is very active on Youtube as Thetan1974/Jeppe Severin, and trust me the way they talk about/to anybody who doesn’t agree with them, is far from polite and often extremely unfriendly and offensive.
This Jeppe Severin, alias Mr. Martin?

http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Martin

Quote:
Mr. Martin, med det borgerlige navn Jeppe Severin, er en dansk pornomodel og pornoinstruktør, der har medvirket i film som Danish DeLuxe 4 og mange andre. Han er desuden aktiv inden for konspirationsteorier såsom sandheden bag 11. september.
He must be a SHILL, doing his best to discredit the scientific credibility of the truth movement by associating himself with highly respected researchers such as Niels Harrit.

Our fine truth seeking movement is really going down the drain

Last edited by Starving for Truth; 30th January 2013 at 10:59 AM.
Starving for Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2013, 12:38 PM   #24
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
How about the Anti Muslim sentiment among the truthers that Muslims are too stupid and ignorant to pull off something like 9.11?
Nicely played rally there, dudalb! ergo? I believe the ball's back in your court for you to rally or pull a McEnroe

Fitz
"Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business! So if you want the truth... Go to God!"
Howard Beale, "Network"
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2013, 04:18 PM   #25
Justin39640
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Starving for Truth View Post
So it's ok that the government murders 3000 people,

Actually, we were pretty pissed at Al Qaeda IIRC.
Old 31st January 2013, 06:39 PM   #26
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

There are lots of Truther Murderers. Here's a partial list:

Sean Fitzgerald: Murdered his father with a knife because he thought his dad was the devil. Member of 9-11 Truth Visibility and We Are Change Colorado (WACCO).

Richard Poplawski: Murdered three cops who had come to his parents' house to answer a domestic disturbance (his mother was kicking him out and he refused to go). Alex Jones fan.

Jared Loughner:

Quote:
Mistrust of government was his defining conviction, the friends said. He believed the government was behind 9/11, and worried that governments were maneuvering to create a unified monetary system ("a New World Order currency" one friend said) so that social elites and bureaucrats could control the rest of the world.
Curtis Maynard:

Quote:
Melissa Meza, 34, a Dow Chemical engineer, was shot multiple times in the front yard of her home Wednesday night by 42-year-old Curtis Boone Maynard, a registered nurse, who later shot himself. The couple had been divorced for more than a year.
9-11 Truther, Holocaust Denier, you name it. First class kook.

James Von Brunn: Killed a guard at the Holocaust Museum. White supremacist, Holocaust Denier, and 9-11 Truther.

Kurt Sonnenfeld: Murdered his wife, currently on the lam in Chile. Claims to have video evidence that 9-11 was an inside job.

There are probably some more; the Pentagon shooter a couple years back was a Troofer, but (fortunately) didn't succeed in actually killing anybody.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2013, 06:45 PM   #27
StankApe
Banned

I think this is all evidence that conspiracy theories attract the mentally damaged as it gives them a feeling of empowerment rather than the reverse.
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2013, 02:40 AM   #28
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

Really? Who are those people?
Originally Posted by Brainster View Post

Sean Fitzgerald: Murdered his father with a knife because he thought his dad was the devil. Member of 9-11 Truth Visibility and We Are Change Colorado (WACCO).

Richard Poplawski: Murdered three cops who had come to his parents' house to answer a domestic disturbance (his mother was kicking him out and he refused to go). Alex Jones fan.

Jared Loughner:

Curtis Maynard:

James Von Brunn: Killed a guard at the Holocaust Museum. White supremacist, Holocaust Denier, and 9-11 Truther.

Kurt Sonnenfeld: Murdered his wife, currently on the lam in Chile. Claims to have video evidence that 9-11 was an inside job.

There are probably some more; the Pentagon shooter a couple years back was a Troofer, but (fortunately) didn't succeed in actually killing anybody.

Another sad story to add to the list:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=252708

Last edited by Ape of Good Hope; 5th February 2013 at 02:45 AM. Reason: added quotes for context
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2013, 07:56 AM   #29
carlitos
"más divertido"

... We Are Change Colorado (WACCO).
Hey, let's name our paranoid conspiracy club something that's can be pronounced "whacko." Awesome.
Old 5th February 2013, 07:58 AM   #30
StankApe
Banned

Quote:
(WACCO)
White Americans Convinced of Crazy Occurences
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2013, 09:51 AM   #31
Richard the G
Thinker

Jared Loughner:

Curtis Maynard:

Perhaps Oystein can tell us how much more likely it is for 9/11 truth supporters to be murderers compared to normal members of society.? I suspect it is much more likely, since both 9/11 truthers and murderers require a certain disconnection to reality.

I am not saying that all truthers are murderers, only that the evidence is that they are more likely to be. And we all know how much truthers love evidence.
Richard the G is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2013, 10:14 AM   #32
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Richard the G View Post
Perhaps Oystein can tell us how much more likely it is for 9/11 truth supporters to be murderers compared to normal members of society.?...
No, I can't, and I wouldn't dare to.

We can get overall homicide stats.
But how do you decide how many homicides were committed by 9/11 Truthers?
How do you decide how many 9/11 Truthers there are in the general population?
Could you count all those who ever, anywhere, have published an opinion on 9/11 being an inside job? Online on blogs, fora, guestbooks, or real-world in demos, letters to editors, interviews?

AE911Truth seems to have reached ca. 0.04% of all professional engineers in the USA - 1 in 2,500.
Probably a higher percentage of licensed architects.

Extrapolating from there, I'd say that at least 0.1% of the general population (1 in 1,000) might be ready to publicly lend their voice to demands of a new 9/11 investigation.

Truthers of course will claim that they have a majority of the people.

If Brainster's list is legit (I haven't checked). we have 10 victims of twoofy American (?) murderers (?), with now over a span of a little over 11 years, or 0.9 per year.
Scanning WP's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide_rate I find a number of 14,748 murder cases in the USA in the last reported year.

So it appears that the at least 1 in 1,000 truthers account for 1 in 16,000 murders.

Given those numbers, one would conclude that Twoofers are much less likely to murder than other people - but of course these numbers have holes larger than the twin towers.
Old 5th February 2013, 10:44 AM   #33
carlitos
"más divertido"

At the risk of tone-trolling, I don't like to see the word "Twoofers" used by anyone other than themselves.
Old 5th February 2013, 12:43 PM   #34
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Hey, let's name our paranoid conspiracy club something that's can be pronounced "whacko." Awesome.
And I thought you were going here.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2013, 12:56 PM   #35
ergo
Illuminator

Jared Loughner:
I can't find any sources definitively linking him to 9/11 truth. The link you provided (to a bedunker site) doesn't lead to any other credible sources. Given that there are many, many people in the world who believe that we do not have the full truth about 9/11, it is unavoidable that this will also include people who commit crimes. Just as people who believe in and support the CIA-endorsed 9/11 conspiracy theories also commit horrific crimes.

Quote:
Curtis Maynard:
Source? Your link doesn't mention anything about his beliefs. I'd never heard of him.

Quote:
Source? What is his 9/11 truth affiliation?

Quote:
Here are some other sources for Kurt Sonnenfeld:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Sonnenfeld

http://www.voltairenet.org/article175780.html

He doesn't look to me like someone who's hiding.

Quote:
"Probably"? You haven't even shown one definitive one yet.

Last edited by ergo; 5th February 2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 5th February 2013, 01:16 PM   #36
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

Given those numbers, one would conclude that Twoofers are much less likely to murder than other people - but of course these numbers have holes larger than the twin towers.

Mind you, Truthers are less likely to do anything than other people.
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2013, 10:00 PM   #37
Stamuel
Muse

ETA: I vaguely remember a study (? Or hypothesis?) that was discussed here quite a while ago, according to which belief in Conspiracy Theories is positively (and causally?) correlated to the propensity to commit just the kinds of things that are attributed to the mythical conspirators:
- If the CT alleges fraud, then CT believers are more likely to be fraudsters themselves
- If the CT alleged cover-up, then the CT believers are more likely to state that they would cover up conspiracies
- If the CT alleged murder, then the CT believers are more likely to state that they would murder, if they were part of the conspiracy.
I believe the study you were thinking of is this one:

http://www.academia.edu/1297450/Does...ss_to_conspire
Old 6th February 2013, 02:35 AM   #38
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BenjaminTR View Post
I believe the study you were thinking of is this one:

http://www.academia.edu/1297450/Does...ss_to_conspire
Yes, exactly! Thanks!

Yes, me too

Maybe later tonight I'll find a couple of useful keywords somewhere in my brain.
Or perhaps some of the folks reading along here do remember. That would incindetally be the reason why I posted this: To get others to fill my memory in.
Ha, ergo! See how this works?
Old 7th February 2013, 11:09 PM   #39
chrismohr
Master Poster

Ergo is right... to try to connect 9/11 Truth with murderers is pretty lame. Niels Harrit has no responsibility for a psycho killer who happens to accept Harrit's theories, any more than the Beatles are responsible for the Charles Manson killings of the sixties because they wrote the song Helter-Skelter. I'm sure there are plenty of murderers who believe 19 terrorists boarded the planes and caused the 9/11 catastrophes.
WTC Dust study http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64959841/911...12webHiRes.pdf Hundreds more links and info both sides: http:www.chrismohr911.com

Last edited by chrismohr; 7th February 2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: adding sentence
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2013, 11:56 PM   #40
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
Ergo is right... to try to connect 9/11 Truth with murderers is pretty lame. Niels Harrit has no responsibility for a psycho killer who happens to accept Harrit's theories, any more than the Beatles are responsible for the Charles Manson killings of the sixties because they wrote the song Helter-Skelter. I'm sure there are plenty of murderers who believe 19 terrorists boarded the planes and caused the 9/11 catastrophes.
The Beatles promoted idiotic lies? You mean the sun is not coming? Or there is not Something in the way she? ...
What conspiracy did the Beatles promote? Does Gage like the Beatles?
Did Helter-Skelter inspire the idiot Manson? A song about a slide? Idiot, Manson, makes up the end of times. The Beatles were not spreading lies like Harrit did.

No surprise an idiot killer, who might be insane, would adopt Harriet's perverted claims on 911. Harrit's claims so far out, only idiots would adopt them.

Ergo has no clue what happened on 911, too bad this glimmer of logic fails to transfer and pulverize her 911 fantasies. Not a surprise Ergo and a serial killer share some delusions on 911.

Harrit is innocent, he only cries "fire" in the crowded mind of a nut, who kills. What is wrong with spreading idiotic lies and inspiring a serial killer with ideas. Do lies of thermite and lame conspiracies inspire murder of immigrants? Harrit seems to be insane when it comes to 911, he can't be held accountable for his ideas infecting another delusional mind filled with hate.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories