ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 19th May 2017, 06:24 PM   #1241
GodMark2
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Google search time magazine's newest cover.

Yikes....
As usual, FOX as a.... unique take on what the real story here is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoogleSearchTimewCover.jpg (37.2 KB, 53 views)
Old 19th May 2017, 06:26 PM   #1242
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
He runs away with AF1 to Moscow?
No, that's not his plane.

He'll get whisked away in a black SUV and wind up in the next room over from Snowden.
Old 19th May 2017, 06:27 PM   #1243
skyeagle409
Master Poster

And, the band plays on!

Quote:
Russians bragged they could use Flynn

Washington (CNN)Russian officials bragged in conversations during the presidential campaign that they had cultivated a strong relationship with former Trump adviser retired Gen. Michael Flynn and believed they could use him to influence Donald Trump and his team, sources told CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politi....html?adkey=bn
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 08:44 PM   #1244
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Now this!

Quote:
Current White House staffer caught up in Russia probe, source says

The federal investigation of alleged collusion between associates of President Donald Trump and Russian officials is looking not only into Trump campaign advisers previously cited in public accounts, but it is also scrutinizing at least one current White House staffer, a source familiar with the matter told ABC News.

The Washington Post was the first to report on this detail of the investigation, saying a "senior White House adviser" has become "a significant person of interest" in the probe.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/curre...ry?id=47519121

At this point in time, it's best for Trump to do what is in the best interest of this country and that is, resign as President of the United States of America.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 08:55 PM   #1245
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Now this!

At this point in time, it's best for Trump to do what is in the best interest of this country and that is, resign as President of the United States of America.
But to that he would have to actually care about the best interest of the country where he has demonstrated that he only cares about himself. This guy thinks the problem is everyone else.
Old 19th May 2017, 09:18 PM   #1246
newyorkguy
Philosopher

Donnie has lost one staunch supporter. Ann Coulter.
Quote:
“I think everyone who voted for him knew his personality was grotesque, it was the issues,” she told The Daily Caller. Now, making an argument about the issues is more difficult: “Boy, things don’t look good,” she said. “I’m not very happy with what has happened so far,” Coulter said. “I guess we have to try to push him to keep his promises. But this isn’t North Korea, and if he doesn’t keep his promises I’m out.” “Where is the great negotiation?” she asked. “That budget the Republicans pushed through was like a practical joke. … Did we win anything?”

“I have no regrets for ferociously supporting him. What choice did we have?” she asked Sunday. “I don’t apologize. ... He said all the right things and nobody else would even say it.” Link
Coulter even used the F-word:
Quote:
She said she has long opposed the president hiring his daughter and her husband. “Americans don’t like that, I don’t like that,” she said. “That’s the one fascist thing he’s done. Hiring his kids.”
During the campaign Coulter was quoted as saying she "worshiped" Trump.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 09:29 PM   #1247
Babbylonian
Philosopher

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Donnie has lost one staunch supporter. Ann Coulter.

Coulter even used the F-word:

During the campaign Coulter was quoted as saying she "worshiped" Trump.
Ann Coulter has no principles; she's only in it for the attention and, sure enough, she got it again.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 09:38 PM   #1248
FenerFan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
A la Viktor Belenko.
Wait a sec, he has some friends here, too. I think Trump would like Antalya, much better weather than cold, dreary Moscow. There are some great golf courses in Belek. If he closes his eyes, he would think he was at Mar-a-lago. . Also, Trump wouldn't have to worry about news reporters and their pesky questions. I'm sure Erdoğan would let him borrow the leash he keeps them on. Hell, he would probably let Trump kick a few protestors in the head, too.

Last edited by FenerFan; 19th May 2017 at 09:57 PM.
FenerFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 10:47 PM   #1249
The Great Zaganza
Master Poster

Originally Posted by FenerFan View Post
Wait a sec, he has some friends here, too. I think Trump would like Antalya, much better weather than cold, dreary Moscow. There are some great golf courses in Belek. If he closes his eyes, he would think he was at Mar-a-lago. . Also, Trump wouldn't have to worry about news reporters and their pesky questions. I'm sure Erdoğan would let him borrow the leash he keeps them on. Hell, he would probably let Trump kick a few protestors in the head, too.
Only if Trump throws in Gülen, delivered via CIA rendition to Erdogan's palace.
Old 20th May 2017, 04:00 AM   #1250
FenerFan
Master Poster

I'm certainly not the first person here to say it, but watching Trump over the last few days I am becoming more convinced that he never really wanted to be President.

From an article on politico.com:

Quote:
In the afternoon, he told television network anchors at a lunch that the appointment of a special counsel “hurts our country terribly.” The investigation merely represents “a pure excuse for the Democrats having lost an election that they should have easily won,” he said.
Trump has mentioned how unlikely his win was many times. I think part of the reason is to stroke his own ego. However, I think that somewhere inside he wishes he was down in FL, BS'ing with his golf buddies and tweeting about how terrible a job Crooked Hillary was doing.
If it comes down to "resign or be impeached", perhaps Republican leaders won't have to twist his arm too hard.

Last edited by FenerFan; 20th May 2017 at 04:10 AM.
FenerFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 04:05 AM   #1251
Stacko
Philosopher

I'm certainly not the first person here to say it, but watching Trump over the last few days I am becoming more convinced that he never really wanted to be President.

From an article on politico.com:

Trump has mentioned how unlikely his win was many times. I think part of the reason is to stroke his own ego. However, I think that somewhere inside he wishes he was down in FL, BS'ing with his golf buddies and Tweeting about how terrible a job Crooked Hillary was doing.
It's The Producers version of a Presidency.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 04:29 AM   #1252
Stacko
Philosopher

Did his team forget to tell him how offensive this gesture is there?
Trump flashed me a thumbs up as he rode the gold escalator up to his first overseas adventure.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 04:32 AM   #1253
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Trump flashed me a thumbs up as he rode the gold escalator up to his first overseas adventure.
Apparently it's fine in Saudi Arabia....
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 04:39 AM   #1254
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Apparently it's fine in Saudi Arabia....
Really!? I thought it was the equivalent of flipping the bird there.
Old 20th May 2017, 04:44 AM   #1255
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Really!? I thought it was the equivalent of flipping the bird there.
Perhaps it used to be, and maybe it it elsewhere in the Arabic world, but Saudi has had enough exposure to Western culture that the meaning has changed.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 04:45 AM   #1256
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

<snip>

Trump has mentioned how unlikely his win was many times. I think part of the reason is to stroke his own ego. However, I think that somewhere inside he wishes he was down in FL, BS'ing with his golf buddies and tweeting about how terrible a job Crooked Hillary was doing.
If it comes down to "resign or be impeached", perhaps Republican leaders won't have to twist his arm too hard.

From The Beaverton; 5/16/17

Quote:
Frustrated Trump demands to know what he has to do to get impeached

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a week that’s seen him publicly admit to obstructing justice, leak highly classified information to Russian ambassadors, and severely compromise American intelligence partnerships, all without any discernible consequence, an incredulous Donald Trump demanded this week to know what in the sweet **** a guy has to do to get impeached.
[cont'd. here]
Old 20th May 2017, 05:28 AM   #1257
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I'm sure he's going to be out of office soon. My main concern is how much damage he is going to do before that.
alfaniner is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 05:34 AM   #1258
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I'm sure he's going to be out of office soon. My main concern is how much damage he is going to do before that.
All his Russian handlers want him too.

Most people here probably don't know that Alex Jones has a following of Russian and Iranian Trolls that helped him popularize the Controlled demolition theories, wonder if Trump borrowed them from Alex or did Trump pay for them himself?

Were they simply moon lighting?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 05:41 AM   #1259
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
All his Russian handlers want him too.

Most people here probably don't know that Alex Jones has a following of Russian and Iranian Trolls that helped him popularize the Controlled demolition theories, wonder if Trump borrowed them from Alex or did Trump pay for them himself?

Were they simply moon lighting?

It's a hell of a note when the conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories is more plausible than the theories are.
Old 20th May 2017, 06:01 AM   #1260
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
From The Beaverton; 5/16/17

[cont'd. here]
That looks like a satire site. It *IS* a satire, right?
Old 20th May 2017, 06:03 AM   #1261
Tommy Jeppesen
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
Yes!
Old 20th May 2017, 06:04 AM   #1262
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Between this baloney and the "Jared deleted his Twitter" crap, we're getting to a point where we really are getting duped by "fake news"

Lets keep the focus on how bad these people are. No need to make anything up.
Old 20th May 2017, 06:15 AM   #1263
Garrison
Illuminator

Between this baloney and the "Jared deleted his Twitter" crap, we're getting to a point where we really are getting duped by "fake news"

Lets keep the focus on how bad these people are. No need to make anything up.
Well in a small but genuine piece of hypocrisy neither Melania nor Ivanka wore head scarves when arriving in Saudi Arabia. When Michelle Obama did the same thing in 2015 Trump claimed she was being insulting to their hosts:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...-she-should%2F
Old 20th May 2017, 06:18 AM   #1264
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
Well in a small but genuine piece of hypocrisy neither Melania nor Ivanka wore head scarves when arriving in Saudi Arabia. When Michelle Obama did the same thing in 2015 Trump claimed she was being insulting to their hosts:

That kind of stuff is expected. I no longer think there can be any subject at all where Trump isn't a hypocrite.

And he'll have the drooling, toothless masses nodding their head and defending the hypocrisy.
Old 20th May 2017, 06:38 AM   #1265
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post

Why is Ivanka on this trip?
Old 20th May 2017, 06:40 AM   #1266
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Why is Ivanka on this trip?

Product placement?
Old 20th May 2017, 06:41 AM   #1267
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Great. I used to enjoy my visits to Turkey.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 06:44 AM   #1268
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post

When the line between satire and reality blurs to the point of invisibility does it tell us more than we want to know?
Old 20th May 2017, 06:48 AM   #1269
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
It's a hell of a note when the conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories is more plausible than the theories are.
Conspiracy theories are a tool long used to divid groups and destroy Democracy, the Coal wars showed that.

The Coal companies used race to devide groups to prevent unions from becoming effective, now such actions have state sponsership.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 07:10 AM   #1270
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The hair must have had it's phone taken away. No tweet storm this morning; or maybe it's just the time difference.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 07:12 AM   #1271
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The hair must have had it's phone taken away. No tweet storm this morning; or maybe it's just the time difference.
It's just after 5PM in Riyadh. I wonder how the jet lag is going to effect him.
Old 20th May 2017, 07:38 AM   #1272
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

It's just after 5PM in Riyadh. I wonder how the jet lag is going to effect him.
Might make him short tempered and irritable.

Old 20th May 2017, 07:49 AM   #1273
Stacko
Philosopher

Might make him short tempered and irritable.

He hasn't exactly had an ambitious travel slate to date. No further west in America than Wisconsin. It's going to be a taxing trip on a 70 year old man that likes to spend his weekends at home.
Old 20th May 2017, 08:30 AM   #1274
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

He hasn't exactly had an ambitious travel slate to date. No further west in America than Wisconsin. It's going to be a taxing trip on a 70 year old man that likes to spend his weekends at home.
Well if he goes too far west he'd end up in states that didn't vote for him.
Old 20th May 2017, 09:27 AM   #1275
Civet
Graduate Poster

Looks like they gave Trump some sort of flashy, gilded medallion. I think everything's going to be okay.
Civet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 09:28 AM   #1276
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Civet View Post
Looks like they gave Trump some sort of flashy, gilded medallion. I think everything's going to be okay.
And I bet Trump believes it is now his personal property.
Old 20th May 2017, 09:33 AM   #1277
Stacko
Philosopher

They give Collar of Abdulaziz Al Saud Medal to every US President.

https://ivarfjeld.files.wordpress.co...bama-saudi.jpg

https://twitter.com/godiskeisha/stat...03054452908032
Old 20th May 2017, 09:42 AM   #1278
rustypouch
Philosopher

What are the chances of him wearing in when he's back in the US?
rustypouch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 09:46 AM   #1279
chrispy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by rustypouch View Post
What are the chances of him wearing in when he's back in the US?
Walking around in bathrobe at night and screaming at the TV while gently stroking his... Saudi medal for comfort. "They love me. All of them. Bigly".
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th May 2017, 09:47 AM   #1280
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

They give Collar of Abdulaziz Al Saud Medal to every US President.
Not like this one. This one goes up to 11.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics