ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 30th April 2017, 12:58 PM   #1
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

The Trump Presidency

This is a follow on, not a continuation of the "President Trump" thread.

Please keep the focus on issues related to the Trump Presidency (vs pre election issues). Items discussed in other threads should not to be raised here.

Mod InfoRecovered pages can be found here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...8&postcount=97
Posted By:Locknar

Last edited by Locknar; 2nd May 2017 at 02:57 PM.
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th April 2017, 01:23 PM   #2
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Locknar View Post

Please keep the focus on issues related to the Trump Presidency (vs pre election issues). Items discussed in other threads should not to be raised here.
Thank you. Any chance of finding the one that went missing?
Old 30th April 2017, 01:35 PM   #3
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Locknar View Post

I think you linked to the wrong thread, that's not the "catch-all" we've been using up till this morning/last night. Can't find that one now.

Come to think of it... there's a "Fake Moon Rock" thread that's gone missing as well.
Been busy this morning?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th April 2017, 02:03 PM   #4
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Mod Info The team is working on tracking down and restoring all the threads that went missing during this hacking event; if the Trump Presidency thread can be restored it will be, as will all the others.
Posted By:Agatha

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th April 2017, 02:07 PM   #5
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
I think you linked to the wrong thread, that's not the "catch-all" we've been using up till this morning/last night. Can't find that one now.

Come to think of it... there's a "Fake Moon Rock" thread that's gone missing as well.
Been busy this morning?
There's a whole kerfuffle going on -- missing threads, unacountably banned posters. Possibly a hack.

ETA: Cross posted with Agatha. Could luck to the management team in fixing this.

Last edited by Trebuchet; 30th April 2017 at 02:09 PM.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th April 2017, 02:18 PM   #6
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
There's a whole kerfuffle going on -- missing threads, unacountably banned posters. Possibly a hack.

ETA: Cross posted with Agatha. Could luck to the management team in fixing this.

Yeah, found it after posting here.

And now Darat's gone and renamed it... no respect for Mumbles.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th April 2017, 03:04 PM   #7
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Looks like someone found the perfect way to kill a thread.

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th April 2017, 11:49 PM   #8
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

100 days down, 1361 to go.
Old 1st May 2017, 04:45 AM   #9
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
"What do you mean, I have to do more?"
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 05:35 AM   #10
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Trump starts dismantling his shadow Cabinet

Quote:
The White House is quietly starting to pull the plug on its shadow Cabinet of Trump loyalists who had been dispatched to federal agencies to serve as the president’s eyes and ears.

These White House-installed chaperones have often clashed with the Cabinet secretaries they were assigned to monitor, according to sources across the agencies, with the secretaries expressing frustration that the so-called “senior White House advisers” are mostly young Trump campaign aides with little experience in government.

The tensions have escalated for weeks, prompting a recent meeting among Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, and other administration officials, according to two sources familiar with the meeting. Now, some of the advisers are being reassigned or simply eased out, the sources said, even though many of them had expected to be central players at their agencies for the long haul. The tumult underscores the growing pains that are still being felt throughout Trump’s government, more than 100 days into his term.
Who would have thunk that that this was a bad idea?
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 07:06 AM   #11
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Trump is such a *********** ignorant moron.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/statu...33189272125440
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 07:11 AM   #12
BobTheCoward
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I have questions
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 07:36 AM   #13
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I have questions
So do a lot of psychiatrists, apparently.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 07:52 AM   #14
FenerFan
Master Poster

Holy Crap!
I can't decide which is more stupid, Trump saying Jackson was upset about a war that started years after his death or Trump saying nobody asks why the Civil War happened?
To his credit though, Trump is correct that he is a lot like Jackson. People call him "Jackass", too.
Old 1st May 2017, 09:29 AM   #15
newyorkguy
Philosopher

Quote:
He was really angry that he saw what was happening in regard to the Civil War, he said, "There's no reason for this."
This was the real Donald Trump that said this, right, not Alec Baldwin on an SNL skit? So when Donnie says,
Quote:
People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War?
I'm sure he is correct in that, as far as he knows, no, no one has ever wondered why was there a Civil War. At least Sylvester Stallone has never done a movie about it, Rambo at Gettysburg, or something, where Rambo says, "This is stupid, man. Stop it or I'm gonna lose it yo!" If he had then Trump would know all about it but, since it's only been discussed in books or serious movies (with not enough action scenes or really hot babes to be worth watching), how would our president know why it started? Hey, give the man credit, I'm kind of surprised he even knows there was a Civil War.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 09:37 AM   #16
Minoosh
Philosopher

I'm beginning to wonder if Trump is actually conscious in any normal sense.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 09:50 AM   #17
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
I'm sure he is correct in that, as far as he knows, no, no one has ever wondered why was there a Civil War. At least Sylvester Stallone has never done a movie about it, Rambo at Gettysburg, or something, where Rambo says, "This is stupid, man. Stop it or I'm gonna lose it yo!" If he had then Trump would know all about it but, since it's only been discussed in books or serious movies (with not enough action scenes or really hot babes to be worth watching), how would our president know why it started? Hey, give the man credit, I'm kind of surprised he even knows there was a Civil War.
Unless he's trying to stir up the "states' rights" thing even more. Maybe he's trying to secure the former confederate states (as if they're not firmly GOP in any case) by exonerating them from responsibility for starting the "war of Northern aggression".

As a bonus, maybe it's also a swipe at BLM and other organisations representing uppity persons of colour by inferring that the Civil War was all the fault of black people for being insufficiently grateful for their "recent immigrant" status
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 09:55 AM   #18
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Unless he's trying to stir up the "states' rights" thing even more. Maybe he's trying to secure the former confederate states (as if they're not firmly GOP in any case) by exonerating them from responsibility for starting the "war of Northern aggression".

As a bonus, maybe it's also a swipe at BLM and other organisations representing uppity persons of colour by inferring that the Civil War was all the fault of black people for being insufficiently grateful for their "recent immigrant" status
Nah, he's too ignorant for that.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:03 AM   #19
portlandatheist
Master Poster

Unbelievable. Shocking and sickening.
portlandatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 10:10 AM   #20
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Looks like someone found the perfect way to kill a thread.
And it's the duty of all of us to re-create the bickering and negativity that went missing.

Seriously I hope ISF gets to the bottom of this.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 10:25 AM   #21
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Hey, give the man credit, I'm kind of surprised he even knows there was a Civil War.
And didn't he mean "the War of Northern Aggression"?
Old 1st May 2017, 10:38 AM   #22
Argumemnon
World Maker

Can't see any of that here. Boo!
Old 1st May 2017, 10:41 AM   #23
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post

That is if Trump is not impeached by then. However, I am going to corner the market in hair dye because knowing Trump, he's going to do all he can to keep his hair color the way it is unlike past presidents.

I also found secret information on how Trump kept track of the USS Carl Vinson.

How Trump tracks aircraft carriers

https://picclick.com/Vintage-Carrier...l#&gid=1&pid=3

I heard that Trump is now asking for a refund because:

Quote:
TRUMP’S KOREAN “ARMADA” WAS ACTUALLY THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY—AND HEADED IN THE WRONG DIRECTION

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...-of-miles-away

Last edited by skyeagle409; 1st May 2017 at 10:48 AM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 10:45 AM   #24
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Can't see any of that here. Boo!
Quote:
"I mean had Andrew Jackson been a little bit later you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart," Trump said during an interview with the Washington Examiner's Salena Zito.

"He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said, 'There's no reason for this.'"

Jackson, the nation's seventh president, died in 1845. The Civil War began in 1861.

The president further questioned why the country could not have solved the Civil War.

"People don't realize, you know, the Civil War, if you think about it, why?" Trump said during the edition of "Main Street Meets the Beltway" scheduled to air on SiriusXM.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-the-civil-war

Last edited by Tony Stark; 1st May 2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:56 AM   #25
skyeagle409
Master Poster

It is mind-boggling that Trump duped enough people in order to place him in the White House.

Quote:
Trump abruptly ends interview with CBS' Dickerson after wiretapping questions

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/01/medi...ump/index.html
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 11:00 AM   #26
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by FenerFan View Post
Holy Crap!
I can't decide which is more stupid, Trump saying Jackson was upset about a war that started years after his death or Trump saying nobody asks why the Civil War happened?
To his credit though, Trump is correct that he is a lot like Jackson. People call him "Jackass", too.
Jackson owned 150 slaves when he died, and his family's wealth depended entirely on his cotton plantation. Yeah, I think he would have been "pretty angry" about the Civil War.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 11:42 AM   #27
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
It is mind-boggling that Trump duped enough people in order to place him in the White House.
Next interview will be conducted by Ivanka.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 11:53 AM   #28
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
So bringing up Flynn isn't the only way to drive him away, then.

It's like a Trump repellant.
Old 1st May 2017, 12:14 PM   #29
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Bill Maher is right: You can predict a lot of what the Trump administration will do by asking, "What would a dick do?"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/politics/trump-michelle-obama-girls-education/index.html

Quote:
The Trump administration is discontinuing a signature girls education initiative championed by former first lady Michelle Obama, according to officials.

The "Let Girls Learn" program, which she and President Barack Obama started in 2015 to facilitate educational opportunities for adolescent girls in developing countries, will cease operation immediately, according to an internal document obtained by CNN.

News of the program's end came the same day President Donald Trump's agriculture secretary, Sonny Perdue, was visiting an elementary school in suburban Virginia to announce changes to another initiative spotlighted by the former first lady, healthy school lunches.

Perdue was set to unveil a rule change "providing regulatory flexibility for the National School Lunch Program" during a visit to Catoctin Elementary School in Leesburg. Like "Let Girls Learn," improving the nutritional quality of school meals was a major focus of Obama's during her tenure as first lady.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 12:19 PM   #30
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

The current National Enquirer is proclaiming World War III is imminent and has a picture of Trump superimposed over a warship and "How Trump will crush all eight of America's enemies!" It's a foreign ship.

ETA: Here it is.

Last edited by Trebuchet; 1st May 2017 at 12:22 PM.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 12:19 PM   #31
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by FenerFan View Post
Holy Crap!
I can't decide which is more stupid, Trump saying Jackson was upset about a war that started years after his death...
Trump should first run these types of comments past Frederick Douglass.
Old 1st May 2017, 12:42 PM   #32
MuDPhuD
Muse

To be fair, the president does say "had Andrew Jackson been a little later..." indicating that he is aware of the relative historical time frames of Jackson and the Civil War, before he says "...he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War..." implying that he does not.
MuDPhuD is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 03:22 PM   #33
chrispy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Bill Maher is right: You can predict a lot of what the Trump administration will do by asking, "What would a dick do?"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/politics/trump-michelle-obama-girls-education/index.html
Up next, they are eliminating the "Help Little Old Ladies Cross the Street Initiative". To be replaced by "If they Can't Get Out of the Way of that Bus, **** 'Em".
Repeal and replace, baby.
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 03:50 PM   #34
Bob001
Philosopher

A guide to Trump's lies during his first 100 days. They count 448:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.220997a96545
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 03:54 PM   #35
chrispy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
A guide to Trump's lies during his first 100 days. They count 448:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.220997a96545
So 4.5 per day, huh? Sad. Bigly sad. Sadly, I actually thought it would be higher.
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 03:54 PM   #36
Bob001
Philosopher

A historian contends that Trump is likely to try to overthrow -- literally -- the government of the United States.
https://www.salon.com/2017/05/01/his...row-democracy/
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 04:29 PM   #37
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MuDPhuD View Post
To be fair, the president does say "had Andrew Jackson been a little later..." indicating that he is aware of the relative historical time frames of Jackson and the Civil War, before he says "...he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War..." implying that he does not.

It's like he has very brief moments of lucidity in between his extensive periods of delusion. Definitely not a sign of mental illness or dementia, though. Nope.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 04:34 PM   #38
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

He can declare anyone an Enemy of the State without cause. I wouldn't be surprised at a purge once he realizes it.

I've heard little about him from Rosie O'Donnell or Penn Jillette lately so maybe they do realize it.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st May 2017, 04:58 PM   #39
chrispy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
It's like he has very brief moments of lucidity in between his extensive periods of delusion. Definitely not a sign of mental illness or dementia, though. Nope.
I think it is just that his lack of knowledge results in his windbag word-salad rants and in those rants, occasionally, he puts words together that sort of, kind of, maybe, sound like what he possibly knows what he is talking about. Please see: throwing **** at a wall.
Old 1st May 2017, 05:09 PM   #40
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

The tide goes out, the tide comes in, nobody asks why.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics