ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , James Comey , Michael Flynn , Trump administration , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections

Reply
Old 9th May 2017, 05:24 PM   #121
Hercules56
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,546
It is very possible that folks in the Trump campaign colluded with Wikileaks or folks suppling them with info about the Clinton Campaign, so as to hurt Hillary and help Trump.

It is also very possible that Trump has compromising links to businesses and politicians in Russia and the former USSR. Links that could be used to blackmail Trump or pressure him to enact or push for certain policies.

These all deserve to be investigated. Trump's actions in regards to Flynn, the firing of Comey, his selection of Page as an advisor, his selection of Manafort as a campaign manager, his refusal to release his tax returns, only fuel the need to investigate.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:25 PM   #122
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,285
@ Carpel DodgerNot for his people either...

It all boils down to this: innocent people do not dismiss charges like this. They do not attempt to block investigation into charges like this. They do not attempt to destroy evidence that might pertain to charges like this.

The Usurper has done all three.
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:27 PM   #123
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 19,362
If you ask me, this wild speculation regarding Russia and trump belongs in the Conspiracy Theory forum.

/hee hee hee!
__________________
CNN: Don't Doxx Me Bro!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:28 PM   #124
Hercules56
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,546
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Lets take a look at what NBC was saying this morning about Comey?
lolz
Firing Comey when Comey is investigating his campaign for crimes, was a VERY bad move by Trump.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:29 PM   #125
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 12,015
What's L. Patrick Gray doing, anyhow? Still twisting in the wind pushing up the daisies? That'll work fine for Trump, and the Senate will confirm him in a heartbeat.

ETA: Trump really doesn't give a rodent's posterior how things look any more, does he. Oh, wait -- he never did.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.

Last edited by Trebuchet; 9th May 2017 at 05:30 PM.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:40 PM   #126
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher
 
Cl1mh4224rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,161
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
ETA: Trump really doesn't give a rodent's posterior how things look any more, does he. Oh, wait -- he never did.

I'm sure he does. It's just that his perception is so horrifically warped that he actually thinks this looks good in some way.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:43 PM   #127
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 61,444
Oh how hilarious, MSNBC has half the screen showing Comey's motorcade in LA as it goes down the freeway.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:43 PM   #128
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions
 
Beerina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 28,623
Kellyanne is twisting in the wind on CNN, and Fox is tracking Comey's motercade like it's a low-speed chase.

Time to break out the pita and garlic dip.
__________________
"Great innovations should not be forced [by way of] slender majorities." - Thomas Jefferson

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:44 PM   #129
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 61,444
Anderson Cooper has Trump apologist Conway on. Guess she's back in favor, alt-facts comments are water under the bridge. She got the list of Democrats who criticized Comey there for something to talk about.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:45 PM   #130
logger
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,114
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Firing Comey when Comey is investigating his campaign for crimes, was a VERY bad move by Trump.
Was Comey investigating Trump?

This is just another brilliant move by Trump. It was clearly done to make the left explode. BOOM!

When is your side going to realize you'll never beat him, you'll never get him. this all looks very easy to him.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:46 PM   #131
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,012
Comey's wife is really going to be happy. With him around the house there are lots of little things he can do to help. Here and there. A lightbulb replaced, a cabinet hinge tightened and a squirt of WD-40 in various squeaky places.

He will enjoy getting outside and can spend hours and hours looking at butterflies and frogs. If he is feeling gay he will have time to find a man and explore his body to see if he can find what he is looking for, be it love or companionship or just a humper. Personally I'm not into sex with men.

Trump is the big loser in this deal. He doesn't even have dog poop.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:46 PM   #132
C_Felix
Master Poster
 
C_Felix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Just outside Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,282
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
White House immediately hands out talking points memo quoting all the criticisms Schumer had about Comey earlier.

These guys were prepared for this coverup. But I don't think they read their Watergate history, or at least didn't see how it applied to them. Trump never thinks it applies to him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

I think I'm gonna tweet that link to Pres. Trump and suggest he read it.
__________________
Eqinsu Ocha!
Eqinsu Ocha!
C_Felix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:46 PM   #133
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 61,444
Originally Posted by Beerina View Post
Kellyanne is twisting in the wind on CNN, and Fox is tracking Comey's motercade like it's a low-speed chase.

Time to break out the pita and garlic dip.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:46 PM   #134
logger
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,114
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Anderson Cooper has Trump apologist Conway on. Guess she's back in favor, alt-facts comments are water under the bridge. She got the list of Democrats who criticized Comey there for something to talk about.
By the way, there's nothing to the Russian connection, you were wrong same as all the other leftists. Official after official has said, THERE IS NOTHING!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:48 PM   #135
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions
 
Beerina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 28,623
Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

I think I'm gonna tweet that link to Pres. Trump and suggest he read it.

A talking head on Anderson Cooper mentioned this already. Cooper asked really? It's really in the same league as that? And the guy was like hell yes. And that guy was "only" the special prosecutor. This guy was the head of the entire FBI.

I'm not ready to go anywhere near that far, but we shall see.
__________________
"Great innovations should not be forced [by way of] slender majorities." - Thomas Jefferson

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:51 PM   #136
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,939
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Oh, its all just a big coincidence.

Two of those names certainly committed firing offenses and one was fired along with everyone else at that position.

Yeah, seems pretty much like a coincidence.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:56 PM   #137
Hercules56
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,546
BREAKING:

John McCain is calling for an independent committee to investigate President Trump’s ties to Russia, saying the firing of FBI Director James Comey "only confirms the need and the urgency of such a committee."
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:57 PM   #138
Hercules56
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,546
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Two of those names certainly committed firing offenses and one was fired along with everyone else at that position.

Yeah, seems pretty much like a coincidence.
"None are so blind as those that refuse to see"
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 05:59 PM   #139
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,012
If Hilary had been imprisoned then none of this stupid crap would have happened.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:00 PM   #140
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions
 
Beerina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 28,623
CNN split screen with Comey's plane taxiing for takeoff. What a freaking slap in the face to him, regardless of anything else.
__________________
"Great innovations should not be forced [by way of] slender majorities." - Thomas Jefferson

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:16 PM   #141
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ziggurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 37,825
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
this was nothing less than a political, Stalinist purge.
If Comey ends up dead, I'll agree with you. Otherwise, this is just silly hyperbole.
__________________
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:17 PM   #142
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,939
Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
If Comey ends up dead, I'll agree with you. Otherwise, this is just silly hyperbole.
Especially in the context that people in the executive serve at the pleasure of the president.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:22 PM   #143
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator
 
Roger Ramjets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,174
Originally Posted by logger View Post
This is just another brilliant move by Trump. It was clearly done to make the left explode. BOOM!
Your wrong.

Face it, you have no argument. Comey's gone but the scandal continues to grow, and the left is loving it.

BOOM headshot!


Originally Posted by Ziggurat
If Comey ends up dead, I'll agree with you. Otherwise, this is just silly hyperbole.
Up until last November I would have agreed with you, but then Trump happened. Hyperbole is fact now...
__________________
We don't want good, sound arguments. We want arguments that sound good.
Roger Ramjets is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:24 PM   #144
portlandatheist
Master Poster
 
portlandatheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,615
If the government were a reality TV show, the ratings would be through the roof. YUGE!
portlandatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:24 PM   #145
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,939
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post


Up until last November I would have agreed with you, but then Trump happened. Hyperbole is fact now...
Except, you know, the complete lack of evidence of any wrongdoing.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:25 PM   #146
logger
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,114
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Your wrong.

Face it, you have no argument. Comey's gone but the scandal continues to grow, and the left is loving it.

BOOM headshot!


.
Lol
Interesting growth with everyone investigating it saying there's nothing there.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:25 PM   #147
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ziggurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 37,825
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Up until last November I would have agreed with you, but then Trump happened. Hyperbole is fact now...
What, Comey died?

Oh, nevermind. This is just more hyperbole.
__________________
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:27 PM   #148
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 16,741
Originally Posted by portlandatheist View Post
If the government were a reality TV show..
It's not?
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:31 PM   #149
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
If you ask me, this wild speculation regarding Russia and trump belongs in the Conspiracy Theory forum.

/hee hee hee!
Sorry, when 16 domestic and at least 1 foreign law enforcement/intelligence agency agree there is evidence and investigation is warranted, "conspiracy theory" doesn't apply.
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:34 PM   #150
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,939
Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
Sorry, when 16 domestic and at least 1 foreign law enforcement/intelligence agency agree there is evidence and investigation is warranted, "conspiracy theory" doesn't apply.
Those are 16 groups that may be making claims, but they have presented zero evidence. Claims without evidence belong over there.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:34 PM   #151
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Oh how hilarious, MSNBC has half the screen showing Comey's motorcade in LA as it goes down the freeway.
I wonder what odds the boys in Vegas would give me for a "sudden heart attack" or "accident".

Or that his computer access has already been revoked and his paper files are already being removed? They made sure he was out of town when they pulled this.
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:36 PM   #152
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 10,244
Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
I disagree about the Russia investigation.

In the right wing media, and in some parts of the left wing media, the Russia investigation is about whether the Russians participated in illegally or improperly rigging an election, and therefore showing that Donald Trump is not the legitimate President. In that sense, your description fits.

However, in the halls of Congress, and for the rest of the voters, the Russia investigation is all about what ties the President of the United States has with Vladmir Putin, or other Russian contacts. Russian influence on the election is a small part of that, but no one who can be taken seriously is suggesting that the Russians somehow stole the election. On the other hand, they did seem to want Donald Trump to be President, and a bunch of people close to Trump seem to have a lot of contact with Russians. That is something that makes people very curious.

I don't know if the (former) FBI director had anything to do with that in any meaningful way, such that his departure would be significant to the investigation. However, I know that the real thrust of any Russian connection has nothing to do with rigging an election, but rather on finding out why they were interested in the first place.
Count me in here, in this sense:

In a super-close election, there are many factors that tip an outcome. Bush v Gore in Florida was so close, it's possible that if Gore had not taken a lunch break on election eve, that could have changed the outcome.

Trump v Clinton was determined by a small margin in three states. Many factors tipped the election. Clinton's baggage (fair and unfair) tipped it. The overall weakness of her candidacy tipped it. Comey's handling of her email tipped it. Anti-establishment mood of the electorate tipped it. Ignorant voters / suckers tipped it. Lefties who couldn't bring themselves to vote for Clinton tipped it. Misogynists tipped it. And I have little doubt that the drip-drip-drip from wikileaks tipped it.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot. random
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:36 PM   #153
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by logger View Post
By the way, there's nothing to the Russian connection, you were wrong same as all the other leftists. Official after official has said, THERE IS NOTHING!
No, official after official has said the opposite. at least 16 US and 1 foreign intelligence/LE official at that.
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:36 PM   #154
Hercules56
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,546
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Those are 16 groups that may be making claims, but they have presented zero evidence. Claims without evidence belong over there.
There is enough evidence that many are now calling for a Special Prosecutor and a Grand Jury has issued subpoenas in Flynn's case.

Rather than dieing down, the Russiagate investigation is heating up.

Your denials remind me of Reagan saying "I still don't believe we sold arms to Iran".

Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:37 PM   #155
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,939
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
There is enough evidence that many are now calling for a Special Prosecutor and a Grand Jury has issued subpoenas in Flynn's case.

Rather than dieing down, the Russiagate investigation is heating up.

Your denials remind me of Reagan saying "I still don't believe we sold arms to Iran".

Until we are presented evidence, these are claims without evidence.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:39 PM   #156
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Count me in here, in this sense:

In a super-close election, there are many factors that tip an outcome. Bush v Gore in Florida was so close, it's possible that if Gore had not taken a lunch break on election eve, that could have changed the outcome.

Trump v Clinton was determined by a small margin in three states. Many factors tipped the election. Clinton's baggage (fair and unfair) tipped it. The overall weakness of her candidacy tipped it. Comey's handling of her email tipped it. Anti-establishment mood of the electorate tipped it. Ignorant voters / suckers tipped it. Lefties who couldn't bring themselves to vote for Clinton tipped it. Misogynists tipped it. And I have little doubt that the drip-drip-drip from wikileaks tipped it.
And the hacking of voter registration databases? The fake/doctored emails? The fact our voting machines are not secure and demonstrably have not been since the mid 2000s? The statistical analyses that show anomalies in pro-Clinton precincts and counties?

There is more than enough evidence to invalidate this so-called election, if not outright declare Clinton the rightful winner.
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:41 PM   #157
Hercules56
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,546
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Except, you know, the complete lack of evidence of any wrongdoing.
Manafort will be forced to register an an agent of a Foreign Regime.

Flynn violated the Logan Act.

Trump violated The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

And this was all BEFORE Trump became President.

There's nothing there?

Tell that to Nixon.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:41 PM   #158
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Until we are presented evidence, these are claims without evidence.
So we can only have an investigation "if there is evidence", but we need the investigation to gather and disclose the evidence in the first place? Circular argument.

The FBI, etc have the evidence already and disclosed it to the government, which is refusing to act on it.
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:42 PM   #159
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,939
Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
And the hacking of voter registration databases? The fake/doctored emails? The fact our voting machines are not secure and demonstrably have not been since the mid 2000s? The statistical analyses that show anomalies in pro-Clinton precincts and counties?

There is more than enough evidence to invalidate this so-called election, if not outright declare Clinton the rightful winner.
I have issues with three of those but I just want to focus on one?

Where does it say you can't have a fair election because a private entity presents doctored documents?
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2017, 06:43 PM   #160
BobTheCoward
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,939
Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
So we can only have an investigation "if there is evidence", but we need the investigation to gather and disclose the evidence in the first place? Circular argument.

The FBI, etc have the evidence already and disclosed it to the government, which is refusing to act on it.
The FBI is free to do what it wants. We simply should not accept their opinions without them presenting evidence.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.