ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags fox news , obituaries , Roger Ailes

Old 18th May 2017, 12:13 PM   #41
smartcooky
Philosopher

No-one here has anything nice to say abour him?

I guess not.....me neither!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 12:13 PM   #42
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by logger View Post
The compassion of the left, good job kiddo!
My compassion is for the living. Deepest sympathies to the women he harassed and abused, whose experiences will now be reduced to "a couple of poor decisions" by an otherwise amazing person in gushing conservative-media eulogies - assuming their existence is acknowledged at all.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 12:14 PM   #43
GodMark2
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
It's not that Ailes started a network with a conservative viewpoint, I have no problem with that. It's the tone that he adapted:One of nonstop viscous attacks on his foes and borderline racism. That is along way from arguing the merits of the free market and limited government.
Borderline?
Old 18th May 2017, 12:27 PM   #44
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
No-one here has anything nice to say abour him?

I guess not.....me neither!
About the only nice thing that I can think of regarding the death of Roger Ailes is:

Due to the death of Roger Ailes, then Roger Ailes will no longer have to pay large sums of money to the many women that Roger Ailes abused over the years. Therefore, the death of Roger Ailes should make the heirs to his estate a good bit richer.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 12:31 PM   #45
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Naturally I feel sorry for his wife and family who are doubtless devastated by his death.

His legacy will live on in terms of the public's willingness to embrace fake news, sign up to conspiracy theories and live within an echo chamber

IMO someone who definitely made the world a worse place....
A tird creating tempests where none actually existed!!! And leaving fecal matter wherever he strode!!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 12:32 PM   #46
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
or panties.

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 12:33 PM   #47
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
or panties.
In remembrance of his passing and his groping!!!

Wash this space!

Old 18th May 2017, 12:36 PM   #48
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
My first thought was "The world is a better place". Does that make me a bad person?
No, A thoughtful one!!

Wash this space!

Old 18th May 2017, 12:44 PM   #49
Seismosaurus
Philosopher

The compassion of the left
Whilst I celebrate no man's death, my compassion is reserved for his victims. Including you.
Old 18th May 2017, 12:57 PM   #50
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

I didn't even know he was sick. Well, I knew he was sick, but not ill. I wonder what ailed him?
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 01:00 PM   #51
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Seismosaurus View Post
Whilst I celebrate no man's death, my compassion is reserved for his victims. Including you.
Speak for yourself. I doubt anyone here gives a rip about his victims. the kind of glee at his death knows no compassion for others. It is what the left is about.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 02:03 PM   #52
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

shemp has a birthday
Speak for yourself. I doubt anyone here gives a rip about his victims. the kind of glee at his death knows no compassion for others. It is what the left is about.
I always look forward to reading words of wisdom from you.

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove breach of rule 12

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"

Last edited by Agatha; 19th May 2017 at 01:50 PM.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 02:05 PM   #53
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Oh, look. One fewer ******* on the face of the planet.
Well him and Chris Cornell am I right?
Old 18th May 2017, 02:07 PM   #54
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
I didn't even know he was sick. Well, I knew he was sick, but not ill. I wonder what ailed him?
Bad dates.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 03:17 PM   #55
angrysoba
Philosophile

A tragic loss. He was really great, especially in the nineties. I will fondly remember this guy.

Oops, wrong thread.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 04:02 PM   #56
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
I always look forward to reading words of wisdom from you.

Edited by Agatha:  Removed moderated content
Telling these people dancing on a person grave is wrong might be a bit of wisdom?

I'm also looking for something from you, that you could write a post that isnt a personal attack?

Last edited by Agatha; 19th May 2017 at 01:51 PM.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 04:37 PM   #57
shemp

shemp has a birthday
Telling these people dancing on a person grave is wrong might be a bit of wisdom?

I'm also looking for something from you, that you could write a post that isnt a personal attack?
You want me to write something nice about you? OK, here goes:

Logger is capable of using all twenty-six letters of the English alphabet!

Better?

shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 04:47 PM   #58
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

News of his death has affected me deeply!

I will always remember him!

He left this world better off for his passing!
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 05:01 PM   #59
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
News of his death has affected me deeply!

I will always remember him!

He left this world better off for his passing!
First thing he has done I can agree with.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 06:20 PM   #60
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
You want me to write something nice about you? OK, here goes:

Logger is capable of using all twenty-six letters of the English alphabet!

Better?
I haven't written anything attacking you.

Last edited by logger; 18th May 2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 18th May 2017, 06:22 PM   #61
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

He's dead and I'm not.
Just as it ought to be.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 06:40 PM   #62
shemp

shemp has a birthday
I haven't written anything attacking you.
I feel so left out and ignored.

Old 18th May 2017, 06:56 PM   #63
sts60
Master Poster

Good riddance to a rotten excuse for a man who could not have done more damage to this country if he had been an actual enemy agent.

I'll be even happier when Murdoch joins him in Hell.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 06:57 PM   #64
sts60
Master Poster

OK, they say you should speak good of the dead, so I'll try.

He's dead. Good.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 08:04 PM   #65
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
“Today America lost one of its great patriotic warriors, Roger Ailees,” Hannity said. “For decades Ailes has impacted American politics and media. He has dramatically and forever changed the political and the media landscape single-handedly for the better. Neither will ever be the same again as he was a true American original.”
**** you, Sean.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 09:03 PM   #66
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

The compassion of the left, good job kiddo!

Its of course not surprising the hatred spewed from almost everyone of these posts because of politics. This is a great example of why this will all end in the street someday.
It always helps if you show compassion in your life. He took pride in not having any.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 09:25 PM   #67
BDBoop
Modest Goddess

I'm as heartbroken as I was at the passing of Andrew Breitbart and wutzhisnutz Scalia, which is to say I breathed a huge sigh of relief, and smiled through most of my day.
Old 18th May 2017, 09:31 PM   #68
Checkmite

Bill O'Reilly: "hatred" killed Roger Ailes

Quote:
In a column in which he lauded Ailes for his many accomplishments in the TV industry, O’Reilly noted that the world is currently in a “rough age” in which technology is breeding bad behavior. “The downside of that is turning us into a nation where hatred is almost celebrated in some quarters,” he wrote. “Roger Ailes experienced that hatred and it killed him. That is the truth.”
I hope all you murderers are proud of yourselves now!
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 10:31 PM   #69
Cain
Straussian

Someone on Twitter reasoned that Roger saw no point in living if he could no longer harass women.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 10:40 PM   #70
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
In a column in which he lauded Ailes for his many accomplishments in the TV industry, O’Reilly noted that the world is currently in a “rough age” in which technology is breeding bad behavior. “The downside of that is turning us into a nation where hatred is almost celebrated in some quarters,” he wrote. “Roger Ailes experienced that hatred and it killed him. That is the truth.”
He's right about the celebration of hatred, but not in the way he intended. He helped water that poison tree every day and it made him rich.

**** you too, Bill.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 10:52 PM   #71
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post

Bill's projecting. Either of the two ass bandits could've just continued to multiply their earnings and have ridden off into the sunset of retirement, but hung around long enough and got careless enough to get caught at their favorite - quite illegal - pastime.

"Hatred", Bill? I'm confused. Aren't we supposed to hate sexual predators. You did two segments a week on some law named after a little girl telling us that it was our patriotic duty to hate them and lock them up. Or is that all about "Sexual Predators Who Aren't Famous Conservative Media Figures"?

Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 10:57 PM   #72
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
About the only nice thing that I can think of regarding the death of Roger Ailes is:

Due to the death of Roger Ailes, then Roger Ailes will no longer have to pay large sums of money to the many women that Roger Ailes abused over the years. Therefore, the death of Roger Ailes should make the heirs to his estate a good bit richer.
You can sue a dead guy's estate.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 10:59 PM   #73
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post

Well that's odd given it's been reported that the autopsy showed he hit his head and died from the brain bleed.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 11:04 PM   #74
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
You can sue a dead guy's estate.
I was thinking the same thing. In fact, with various people likely to be in line to inherit, it can make it much worse. One or more may be willing to settle for much more than they might have to, just to get the will through probate and get their shares. Others may want to fight to clear his reputation (dead people tend to turn into saints in some people's minds). Alive, he could have pushed forth some sort of make-it-go-away settlement as he's the final arbiter. Dead, it falls to lawyers. Lawyers tend to not make legal issues go away. See "Bleak House" for reference.

Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 11:13 PM   #75
Checkmite

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Well that's odd given it's been reported that the autopsy showed he hit his head and died from the brain bleed.
Obviously he was so despondent from all the hate that he couldn't pay attention so he slipped and hit his head. Do I have to think of EVERYthing around here?
Old 18th May 2017, 11:58 PM   #76
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Finally being held accountable for decades of sexual transgressions = hate.
I wonder why O'Reilly would take this stance...
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 12:54 AM   #77
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

What's a respectful time to wait to dig up his corpse and **** on it? Six months? Yeah, I think six months is about right.

Last edited by Babbylonian; 19th May 2017 at 12:56 AM.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 12:56 AM   #78
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

I suspect his wife with the pillow over his face is what ailed him.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 04:19 AM   #79
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

You are quite wrong. He was a ****, his victims were real people who he took the effort to harm.

Wash this space!

Old 19th May 2017, 04:20 AM   #80
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by fishbob View Post
I suspect his wife with the pillow over his face is what ailed him.
I would certainly understand that!!!

Wash this space!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events