ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 27th November 2019, 05:53 AM   #1
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Kyoko Smith = Bad to Dog

Teenage girl is accused of decapitating her grandmother's pet Shih-Tzu and keeping its head in her bedroom drawer and heart in the freezer

Originally Posted by Daily Mail
A teenage girl from Tennessee is facing trial charged with animal cruelty for the brutal and sadistic killing of her grandmother's pet dog.

After allegedly decapitating her grandmother's Shih-Tzu dog, Kyoko Smith, 18, placed the dismembered head in her bedroom drawer.

Court records also stated that Smith cut the dog's heart out and kept it in a freezer and, according to a police affidavit, the teenager was alleged to have sent photos of the dead animal to her mother's phone.

Police were called to a property in Miller's Pond Circle in southeast Memphis on November 13, just one week after the teenager's 18th birthday, where investigators say Smith quickly admitted to killing the dog. According to local news network Fox13, a Shelby County judge charged Smith with killing the animal and released her on a $5,000 bail.

Judge William Anderson also ordered Smith to attend counseling as part of her bail conditions, and Smith is required to prove that she has been seeking psychological support before her next court appearance. Under Tennessee law, the killing of an animal is a Class E felony, which carries a prison sentence of between one to six years in prison...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...om-drawer.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01517.jpg (25.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 27th November 2019, 06:02 AM   #2
angrysoba
Philosophile

She sounds pawsitively barking!
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 06:05 AM   #3
DuvalHMFIC
Graduate Poster

We don't know the full story. This dog could have been pissing on her carpet, re-arranging her knife collection, or even badmouthing her on instagram. Let's not jump to conclusions.
Old 27th November 2019, 06:11 AM   #4
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Why keep the head in the drawer and the heart in the freezer? If she cared about decay she'd have put both in the freezer. If she didn't care about decay, both in the drawer. This inconsistency suggests actual legitimate mental illness to me, rather than headline-attention deliberate cruelty. I'm sad for the dog, of course, but the girl sounds like a victim of mental illness rather than a villain.
Old 27th November 2019, 06:44 AM   #5
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

There might be some hormones going on. Kyoko has boyface.
Old 27th November 2019, 06:52 AM   #6
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Could you expand on this,and what is "boyface"?
Old 27th November 2019, 07:03 AM   #7
rockysmith76
Suspended

No shortage of free time there?
rockysmith76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 07:13 AM   #8
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
A "boyish" face. Kyoko's hormone profile may be "different". It may have relation to cruelty and violence with animals. The doctors and experts may explore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dexd-.jpg (54.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 27th November 2019, 07:14 AM   #9
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Normal looking. Fir Tennessee.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 07:28 AM   #10
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

A "boyish" face. Kyoko's hormone profile may be "different". It may have relation to cruelty and violence with animals. The doctors and experts may explore.
Got a link or something to show that girls with "boyface" have hormone problems? I've never heard of that before.

As far as the rest goes, I hope she faces severe punishment. I'd say this was probably a revenge thing against her mom if she's sending her pics though.

I love dogs more than people, and I have 2 LAS. Love them to absolute death, and people being cruel to dogs sucks.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 27th November 2019 at 07:45 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 07:33 AM   #11
Belz...
Fiend God

[b]Teenage girl is accused of decapitating her grandmother's pet Shih-Tzu and keeping its head in her bedroom drawer and heart in the freezer
Great start for a would-be serial killer.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 07:35 AM   #12
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I love dogs more than people
I don't, but I find animal cruelty angers me to a degree that few things do.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 08:27 AM   #13
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Got a link or something to show that girls with "boyface" have hormone problems?
No. I'm too busy looking up information on girls who decapitate pet dogs and carve out their hearts.
Old 27th November 2019, 08:42 AM   #14
plague311
Great minds think...

No. I'm too busy looking up information on girls who decapitate pet dogs and carve out their hearts.
Judging by your started thread count I'd say you're just googling "* arrested school shooting" but whatever floats your boat.

Now that we've established this is a consistent issue, perhaps we should merge it into a singular "person gets nabbed for planning school shooting" thread, eh?

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 08:48 AM   #15
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Judging by your started thread count I'd say you're just googling "* arrested school shooting" but whatever floats your boat.

Now that we've established this is a consistent issue, perhaps we should merge it into a singular "person gets nabbed for planning school shooting" thread, eh?
Girl decapitates pet dog
Carves out the heart
Saves the pieces

All I can find is information on Korean cuisine. But the name Kyoko is Japanese. Then the boyface.
Old 27th November 2019, 08:50 AM   #16
Belz...
Fiend God

Then the boyface.
What in the blue hell are you even refering to?

Old 27th November 2019, 09:17 AM   #17
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Sadistic killer girl. Atypical behavior. Boyface-girlface. Hormone soup.
Old 27th November 2019, 09:20 AM   #18
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Lemon zest. Upholstery piano. Fiery dromedary. Plush meteorite disco.

Poetry is fun!
Old 27th November 2019, 09:32 AM   #19
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Why keep the head in the drawer and the heart in the freezer? If she cared about decay she'd have put both in the freezer. If she didn't care about decay, both in the drawer. This inconsistency suggests actual legitimate mental illness to me, rather than headline-attention deliberate cruelty. I'm sad for the dog, of course, but the girl sounds like a victim of mental illness rather than a villain.
Depends on what you intend to do with the respective parts.

Plus imma run with cuckoo for cocoa puffs for anyone dismembering family pets and storing the body parts with the linens or food in purdy much any scenario.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 09:34 AM   #20
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Idiotic trans-phobia without even a known transgender person.

Rush to judgement based on obvious prejudices.
But we all knew that
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 09:43 AM   #21
Belz...
Fiend God

Sorry, you seem to have mashed words on your keyboard by accident.

Would you like to try giving an actual response, please?

Old 27th November 2019, 09:17 PM   #22
mgidm86
Philosopher

It's a girl without makeup, in a mugshot.
Old 27th November 2019, 09:33 PM   #23
Hungry81
Master Poster

Dude looks like a lady

Lady looks like a dude.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 09:45 PM   #24
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Sounds more like the beginnings of a recipe.

Remember, in Tennessee, squirrel is not just for breakfast!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 10:01 PM   #25
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post

But we all knew that
Think is more they are trying to twist it into toxic masculinity than transphobia.
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2019, 02:56 PM   #26
Hungry81
Master Poster

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post

But we all knew that
"She has brown hair."

Idiotic anti-brunette bias without knowing if it is even her real hair colour

But we all knew that.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2019, 05:34 PM   #27
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

You're just digging the hole deeper with every post.
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2019, 05:36 PM   #28
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Lemon zest. Upholstery piano. Fiery dromedary. Plush meteorite disco.

Poetry is fun!
Monogamous train! Catwalk lagoon! Paternity fish! Soft bonzo banana!

This deserves its own thread!
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2019, 07:23 PM   #29
Venom
Illuminator

Most people who do this tend to be men. Women who do this do seem to be lesbians with male tendencies.

I don't think the face is relevant.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2019, 11:26 PM   #30
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Think is more they are trying to twist it into toxic masculinity than transphobia.
No, he's one of the posters here that believe that any woman that commits violence is either a Trans man, a Lesbian, or in some other way more male than female.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events