ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 18th September 2019, 01:51 PM   #81
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 12,929
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
...and it looks like I was right as they just upgraded the charges against her and her bond went up to $500k. Why you might ask? Because of what they found on her phone:



Basically this wasn't an idle threat, and she only said it wasn't serious when she got caught. She facing life in prison at this point.

Vague words that she didn't really mean... Uhuh!

Bye bye 1A protection!

Ms Wilson is toast!
__________________
"You can't promote principled anti-corruption action without pissing-off corrupt people!" - George Kent on Day one of the Trump Impeachment Hearings
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list.
This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 02:14 PM   #82
mumblethrax
Species traitor
 
mumblethrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,445
Such a waste. Of a pretty cool t-shirt.
mumblethrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 02:20 PM   #83
Ranb
Philosopher
 
Ranb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WA USA
Posts: 9,949
Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Tough one then given US law (or what I know about it)

If she is a nutter who would actually do it then all good, but how do they actually prove it?
They probably have a statement from the witness saying Wilson wanted to kill people. It seems they have a statement from Wilson saying she wanted to kill people; sounds like a confession to me. They have the gun and ammo.

Any people with actual legal experience want to take a guess at the odds of a guilty verdict or plea deal?
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 02:25 PM   #84
Ranb
Philosopher
 
Ranb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WA USA
Posts: 9,949
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Why is pistol in quotes?
I'm going to guess that those are disgust quotes. But I'll let the Bikewer decide.
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 03:07 PM   #85
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Who the **** was she texting with, and have they been, found, picked up and questioned? Hate to think it, but what if this was only one piece of a larger, "group plan"?
From what I've read they think it's just a solo operation, but that can all change on a whim as they get more data. I've only seen her mentioned.

I really hope there isn't a group plan because that would be terrible. I'm really hoping that this ends with her being locked away in the place that gives her the most help. I don't know that prison would really make this any better.

At least she's shown restraint to stop herself up until now, and she wasn't bright enough to keep her plot to herself.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 03:19 PM   #86
Hungry81
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,281
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Erring on the side of caution saves lives, so yeah, it's better on balance. Even charging her with a hoax, though...doesn't seem the right charge.



Do they have a criminal charge for saying something incredibly stupid? Like yelling at the airport 'this place is the BOMB!'
How about if you have access to deadly weapons don't be immature or psychopathic enough to "joke" or threaten about killing people with them. If you do and get caught, tough ****.

Last edited by Hungry81; 18th September 2019 at 03:29 PM.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 03:38 PM   #87
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected
 
fishbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chilly Undieville
Posts: 7,107
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Maybe the editor is making the point that guns are an equalizer. Even a small, slight girl with big brown eyes can defend herself effectively with a gun.
Effectively defend herself from . . . allowing 400 students to not be dead?
__________________
"When you believe in things you don't understand, then you suffer . . . " - Stevie Wonder.
"It looks like the saddest, most crookedest candy corn in an otherwise normal bag of candy corns." Stormy Daniels
I hate bigots.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 08:16 PM   #88
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 20,866
Originally Posted by Scootch View Post
I think a big take away is she had six magazines and you don’t need that many for target shooting or home defense and I know gun owners and they don’t have six magazines for any of their guns.
Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
I guess you know a few gun owners. I certainly do not think it is unusual to have six magazines for a firearm. In fact for certain competitors, it is normal to have six or more.

Ranb

Originally Posted by HawksFan View Post


I've got that many just for my 1911. Saves time reloading at the range, especially if you're paying by the hour.
I own exactly one pistol and have 12 magazines - Six low capacity and I bought another six standard capacity ones when California's restriction on those was temporarily overruled.
__________________


The better you get, the harder you work.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 06:16 AM   #89
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I don't think you're truly this dense, I think you just argue sometimes to play devil's advocate.
Nope. Well, not really. I'm not interested in Alexis Wilson. I'm interested in the discussion, and how skeptics view it. For instance, it was only reported (initially) that she said she would 'like to shoot 400 people for fun' and that there were lots of people in her old school' that...well, she didn't actually say she would shoot them, or kill them, or anything. It was kind of an implication. She was found to have a new AK in her home and a shotgun.

To my eye, that's enough to raise suspicion, even enough for a warranted search, etc. It is not enough to find guilt or arrest. That's why I was questioning you on the difference between wanting to do something, or saying you would like to, and saying you were going to, or will do the thing. I think the popo might have jumped the gun in actually arresting her. They absolutely had every right to question her, and on the strength of that, to secure a warrant for search.

What did she actually say? We're not even sure, but it seems to be that she would like to do some very bad things. Said in a childishly hyperbolic way, btw.

What did she have at home? Her parents said she has hunted and shot all her life, and being in Oklahoma, I would expect a reasonable arsenal. An AK, that she was showing pics and vids of, and a 12 gauge with a shell sleeve (common, and only holds a few extra shells). Six extra clips. 160 rounds of ammo. Now, I don't know if you are into guns, but that ain't jack **** in terms of firearms and accessories, as other posters have noted. Especially the 160 rounds. Whoopdie doo, ammo wise. You blow through that in a few minutes of plinking. It's not a stockpile.

And now the police say they have something on her phone. Texts, I hear. As Mike! asked, who TF was she texting and why haven't we heard about them involved in a conspiracy? (You mentioned conspiracy upthread; conspiracy requires two or more people, not just one). We don't know what exactly the cops have, as they are vague. So I am skeptical till we can see it. You trust what American cops say unquestioningly? I don't.

Here's a scenario based on the facts: cops know they jumped the gun in arresting her, so they claim to have found the master villain plans on her cel phone. In reality, what do you bet they turn out to be just a bunch of texts where she talks about what a wild and crazy whacko she is, but nothing we would call realistic planning for a mass murder? The only thing the 5-0 said was something vague about being in the advanced stages of planning...because she said something about an area of limited exits?

Odds are, we won't hear much more about this, but I am guessing the charges go way down or are dropped once our Oklahoma prosecutors realize they jumped the gun and don't have enough for a conviction. They might even be inflating the value of these mysterious texts to push a plea while this story fades from the limelight. We'll see. For now, I don't see anything but a lightly armed with low ammo (for an American) twat that poses as a wild and crazy bad girl, who had her posing backfire on her.

Quote:
Which is neat and all, but you're completely wrong on this one. Though, as has been proven in the past, you will never admit it.
Yeah, you can shove the vague 'proving'. Or show specifically where something was 'proven in the past'. Character assassination by unsupported assertion is not a good look.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 06:45 AM   #90
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Nope. Well, not really. I'm not interested in Alexis Wilson. I'm interested in the discussion, and how skeptics view it. For instance, it was only reported (initially) that she said she would 'like to shoot 400 people for fun' and that there were lots of people in her old school' that...well, she didn't actually say she would shoot them, or kill them, or anything. It was kind of an implication. She was found to have a new AK in her home and a shotgun.
Yes, she did say she wanted to kill them, specifically she said that actually. Then again, this whole post is about the biggest load of ******** I've ever read and actually flies in the face of the law. You go out of your way to blame every ******* person but this chick. You make every excuse for her you can and at first I thought you were trying to be funny.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
To my eye,
There's the problem. You're going by your eye and you're grossly and completely uninformed of both the law, the events that happened, and the way investigations go. You are laughably uninformed.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
that's enough to raise suspicion, even enough for a warranted search, etc. It is not enough to find guilt or arrest.
Well, you're wrong. So...

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
That's why I was questioning you on the difference between wanting to do something, or saying you would like to, and saying you were going to, or will do the thing. I think the popo might have jumped the gun in actually arresting her.
Yeah, well, they didn't jump the gun. So...

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
What did she actually say?
Read the ******* myriad of articles and you tell me.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
We're not even sure, but it seems to be that she would like to do some very bad things. Said in a childishly hyperbolic way, btw.
Again, the law, the prosecutors, the cops, etc. don't care if it's hyperbolic. You don't know if it is until you do an investigation. You know, like the ******* one done here. LoL. Seriously.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
What did she have at home? Her parents said she has hunted and shot all her life, and being in Oklahoma, I would expect a reasonable arsenal. An AK, that she was showing pics and vids of, and a 12 gauge with a shell sleeve (common, and only holds a few extra shells). Six extra clips. 160 rounds of ammo. Now, I don't know if you are into guns, but that ain't jack **** in terms of firearms and accessories, as other posters have noted. Especially the 160 rounds. Whoopdie doo, ammo wise. You blow through that in a few minutes of plinking. It's not a stockpile.
I'm not in to guns. I don't give a **** about them and I've never been in a situation where I've wanted or needed one. That being said, whether she did or didn't have a "stockpile" means exactly...wait for it...**** all to the case. Since she wasn't arrested for "stockpiling". 160 bullets is still 160 chances to kill people, and even if it's "a few minutes" worth of ammo, that's enough to have a dozen dead bodies. So I really don't give a **** how many guns or how much ammo you, Ranb, or Jesus H. Christ have in their collection. It means literally less than nothing.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
And now the police say they have something on her phone. Texts, I hear. As Mike! asked, who TF was she texting and why haven't we heard about them involved in a conspiracy?
Because it happened a few days ago and unless they can implicate someone they don't name them. What difference does that make to this dumbass wanting to kill people?

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
(You mentioned conspiracy upthread; conspiracy requires two or more people, not just one). We don't know what exactly the cops have, as they are vague. So I am skeptical till we can see it. You trust what American cops say unquestioningly? I don't.
Did I say I trust what cops say without questioning them? As I've pointed out to you at least 10 times and you refuse to ******* acknowledge it, SHE ADMITTED TO MAKING THE COMMENTS. Be skeptical all you want, but you frequently go beyond into making your own reality. This is your average level 9/11 conspiracy theory thought process.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Here's a scenario based on the facts: cops know they jumped the gun in arresting her,
But they didn't, so at least this is ******** from the beginning. Awesome.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
so they claim to have found the master villain plans on her cel phone. In reality, what do you bet they turn out to be just a bunch of texts where she talks about what a wild and crazy whacko she is, but nothing we would call realistic planning for a mass murder?
You trying to qualify things using words like 'realistic' is tiresome. Again, it means nothing here. You're just really into making excuses for this douche. You're an enabler.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
The only thing the 5-0 said was something vague about being in the advanced stages of planning...because she said something about an area of limited exits?
Do you realize how badly it undermines your argument when you refer to cops by all these ******* stupid pet names? Popo, 5-0, etc.? I'm assuming no, but I just wanted to point it out for you. Anyway, she actually picked out specific parts of the building where she knew people wouldn't be able to exit quickly. That's called strategic planning and shows she's gone much further than just "making lol claims", like you repeatedly say.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Odds are, we won't hear much more about this, but I am guessing the charges go way down or are dropped once our Oklahoma prosecutors realize they jumped the gun and don't have enough for a conviction.
I'll say you're completely wrong, and talking out of your ass. You have no evidence the cops "jumped the gun". It's just more random conjecture.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
They might even be inflating the value of these mysterious texts to push a plea while this story fades from the limelight. We'll see. For now, I don't see anything but a lightly armed with low ammo (for an American) twat that poses as a wild and crazy bad girl, who had her posing backfire on her.
Yeah, like I said, you make excuses for her perpetually.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Yeah, you can shove the vague 'proving'. Or show specifically where something was 'proven in the past'. Character assassination by unsupported assertion is not a good look.
There's a whole thread of it, and this whole post is a direct reflection of it. In fact, this whole post is a ******* fairy tale of your repeated unsupported assertions that fly in the face of the evidence and in the face of reality. Trust me, I know it's not a good look, perhaps you should figure that out as well.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 06:56 AM   #91
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Specific:

Quote:
had pictures of mass shootings, references to graduation crowds, and dates and texts saying she cut her hair to resemble one of the Columbine School shooters, according court documents.
Threats:

Quote:
found messages on Wilson’s iPhone referencing the number of exits at a facility that hosts the McAlester High School graduation and potential dates for the event
Of:

Quote:
numerous messages stating “they would say how they discovered her (Wilson) would be the next mass shooter"
Violence:

Quote:
District 18 District Attorney Chuck Sullivan said. “She had motive, the means, and a definite plan to carry out the threat so we amended the charge.”
Are:

Quote:
Deputies wrote in the affidavit that Wilson texted a McAlester High School student who provided her with alcohol that she told the person not to rip her off or she would “hit” the high school.
Illegal:

Quote:
Wilson texted back that the facility “has less exits to cover and they are crowded together” in the building before messaging about which dates graduation is usually held, according to the affidavit.
But it might be absolutely factual as well that the DA is just going to drop this and we'll hear nothing about it. After all, they did just decrease the charges after looking into her phone and personal life...oh, wait. They actually upgraded the charges and increased her bond?!?!
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 07:25 AM   #92
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,394
Yes, but what was the threat?

Last edited by johnny karate; 19th September 2019 at 07:47 AM.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 08:15 AM   #93
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
plauge311: Gotta snip your rant down a little to avoid wall o' text, but will try to hit the big points. First off, my tone is just discussing a differing possible interpretation. Yours is a ******* hissy fit. Chill tf out gramps.


Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Yes, she did say she wanted to kill them, specifically she said that actually. Then again, this whole post is about the biggest load of ******** I've ever read and actually flies in the face of the law. You go out of your way to blame every ******* person but this chick. You make every excuse for her you can and at first I thought you were trying to be funny.
No. Initial reporting was that she said she would like to. There is a huge difference between saying you would like to do something and saying you are going to. If you calm tf down, maybe you will see the point I am making.

I know a ton of all-talk posers, so I don't buy into every 'I'm such a wild animal' claim someone like Wilson makes. You are lyng to say I am blaming everyone but this chick. I take every news story with reservation, especially because early reporting gets it wrong pretty often. That's what I am talking about: jumping to conclusions versus considering evidence.

Quote:
There's the problem. You're going by your eye and you're grossly and completely uninformed of both the law, the events that happened, and the way investigations go. You are laughably uninformed.
Now this is just funny. You said a few posts up that a lone person can be charged with conspiracy of themselves. The most basic definition of conspiracy requires two or more people. You also said you think charging someone with a hoax means an attempt that was not carried out. Maybe by now you figured it out, but you are painfully wrong on that too.

Quote:
Well, you're wrong. So...
These endless bare assertions are not helping your argumentative case either.

Quote:
I'm not in to guns. I don't give a **** about them and I've never been in a situation where I've wanted or needed one. That being said, whether she did or didn't have a "stockpile" means exactly...wait for it...**** all to the case. Since she wasn't arrested for "stockpiling". 160 bullets is still 160 chances to kill people, and even if it's "a few minutes" worth of ammo, that's enough to have a dozen dead bodies. So I really don't give a **** how many guns or how much ammo you, Ranb, or Jesus H. Christ have in their collection. It means literally less than nothing.
See, you're still not getting it. That's a small amount of guns and ammo for someone who shoots. Her parents said she shot and hunted for years, so I don't think her couple of guns indicates, on it's own, means much.

Quote:
Did I say I trust what cops say without questioning them? As I've pointed out to you at least 10 times and you refuse to ******* acknowledge it, SHE ADMITTED TO MAKING THE COMMENTS. Be skeptical all you want, but you frequently go beyond into making your own reality. This is your average level 9/11 conspiracy theory thought process.
Again with the mindless ad-homs.

Yes, she admitted to making the comments. We don't have full quotes, just news snippets, and she says said they were out of context. So yet again, I am holding back on dropping the gavel till we see a little more. You should be, too.

You ever serve on a jury? Familiar with standards of evidence to convict? I doubt it. My argument here is not that she is innocent. It is that she might not be guilty if we consider alternative explanations. I am posing one: she is like one of the countless punks who like to give a persona of being a cold blooded killer...who never does anything but try to cultivate that BS image.

Just think about it: she is texting plans to mass murder??? To who??? Why aren't they in lockup, and why would police think she was all alone in this if she is texting plans to someone else?

Quote:
Do you realize how badly it undermines your argument when you refer to cops by all these ******* stupid pet names? Popo, 5-0, etc.?
You curse, insult, and throw fits. I use colorful silly terms and hyperbole. We all have our ways of expression, usually to not sound dry and dull. Pot, kettle.

Quote:
I'll say you're completely wrong, and talking out of your ass. You have no evidence the cops "jumped the gun". It's just more random conjecture.
It's also an alternative explanation that fits the facts. Skeptics might be interested in considering that. But not you. You had all the information you needed in the OP. Gotcha.

You are not even considering anything I am saying. Hell, you're not even reading it. It may turn out that she was about to do something horrific. It may turn out she was caught up in a bad-girl fantasy that got out of control. To distinguish between the two, I need more than vague claims by cops like 'she texted stuff on her phone'.

plague311: if you read this far, I'm sure you are still just scanning for gotchas and point scoring, but please consider this:

As I said in my first post, if she was really planning this, thank god she was caught. But this forum is dedicated to skepticism, right? I'm looking at it in different ways, and the version I am lobbying is to prompt skeptical discussion, not because I want her to get off for whatever reason you think that. That's what I meant about your devil's advocate comment, and why I end up DAing on the LWB threads. I think things are not always what they seem. You may have had all the info you need to convict in the OP, but I didn't.

Last edited by Thermal; 19th September 2019 at 08:16 AM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 08:20 AM   #94
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
...But it might be absolutely factual as well that the DA is just going to drop this and we'll hear nothing about it. After all, they did just decrease the charges after looking into her phone and personal life...oh, wait. They actually upgraded the charges and increased her bond?!?!
Sorry, you don't include a link to this and I didn't see this upthread?
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 08:25 AM   #95
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 39,793
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Yes, but what was the threat?
It looks like the combination of aspirational comments about being a school shooter, and details about dates and places of a school event, adds up to a specific threat against that school event. Assuming the details of what they found match the summary of what they found, I can definitely see a threat there.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 08:28 AM   #96
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,394
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
It looks like the combination of aspirational comments about being a school shooter, and details about dates and places of a school event, adds up to a specific threat against that school event. Assuming the details of what they found match the summary of what they found, I can definitely see a threat there.
Yes, but what was the threat?

I'd like it explained to me repeatedly over the course of several pages of this thread.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 08:34 AM   #97
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
It looks like the combination of aspirational comments about being a school shooter, and details about dates and places of a school event, adds up to a specific threat against that school event. Assuming the details of what they found match the summary of what they found, I can definitely see a threat there.
A threat, yes. Definitely warrants investigation and search of her home and devices. Would you consider it implausible that she was not going to do anything, as I posit?
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 08:37 AM   #98
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 29,982
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Yes, but what was the threat?

I'd like it explained to me repeatedly over the course of several pages of this thread.
Perhaps if you were to explain in detail why the concept of a threat is absurd and patronise everyone who disagrees with you, you'd get a bit more traction on that.

Dave
__________________
Inspiring discussion of Sharknado is not a good sign for the audience expectations of your new high-concept SF movie sequel.

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 08:40 AM   #99
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
plauge311: Gotta snip your rant down a little to avoid wall o' text, but will try to hit the big points. First off, my tone is just discussing a differing possible interpretation. Yours is a ******* hissy fit. Chill tf out gramps.
I'll do one better, I'll snip it down to just this because everything you've posted below it was and is absolutely wrong.

Mine isn't a hissy fit, it's a laid out description following the actual available evidence while you've done nothing more than try to hide behind this "I'm a skeptic and you're not" persona.

You openly said you're denying the evidence (Not believing what cops say because they could be lying), while taking what the chick says (she said she was taken out of context) without question and I called it out for what it is, a ******** argument.

But yeah, continue with your awesome skepticism...or whatever it is we're calling it.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Sorry, you don't include a link to this and I didn't see this upthread?
Here is the original link I posted.

But just in case.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 19th September 2019 at 08:41 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 09:15 AM   #100
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I'll do one better, I'll snip it down to just this because everything you've posted below it was and is absolutely wrong.
More bald assertion. Great.

Quote:
Mine isn't a hissy fit, it's a laid out description following the actual available evidence while you've done nothing more than try to hide behind this "I'm a skeptic and you're not" persona.
No. There are two main interpretations. One, she was a mass murdrer about to strike. The facts support that. Two, she was cultivating a bad-girl image and it blew up in her face. The facts also support this, no matter how much you La La La Can't Hear You. The merits of both can be considered. You refuse. Your choice. But why did you join a skeptics forum?


Quote:
You openly said you're denying the evidence (Not believing what cops say because they could be lying), while taking what the chick says (she said she was taken out of context) without question and I called it out for what it is, a ******** argument.
Wrong again. You're not good at this reading thing.

I don't know what the cops have found in enough detail. They say texts about locations and other things. But whoever she sent the texts to is not a suspect? That means to me that I would like to see the exact texts and their context to understand how the hell the recipient could not be a conspirator. Do you get that? I'm not saying they are lying. I want to know what was said (not a cop's blurb, the exact wording), to get why the cops consider her a lone wolf. Their version makes no sense. Who were the texts to?

Sending texts to someone the cops are not treating as a suspect fits more in with the 'I'm a killer' persona. Finding evidence that was NOT INTENDED FOR OTHERS TO SEE would be more convincing to assume she was actually planning this.


Quote:
But yeah, continue with your awesome skepticism...or whatever it is we're calling it.



Here is the original link I posted.

But just in case.
Thanks, I thought you were providing something new. The story you posted shows what I am saying: cops saying 'we found stuff' but not nearly enough context to rule out posing for others. So far, all the evidence is what she put up for others to be, I dunno, impressed with her? One map of the school under her bed would be 10x more convincing to me, as it would be the first thing that was not presented by her for others to be impressed with.

Oh, and I see you don't get the discussion thing, based on your LMGTFY link. The point of a skeptical discussion is to consider materials presented. We are not private investigators tryin to catch our culprit. But I think you've made it clear you're not into the skeptical discussion thing, and even considering other interpretations.. See ya on the next one.

Last edited by Thermal; 19th September 2019 at 09:16 AM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 09:16 AM   #101
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 87,107
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Yeah, nothing is lost on me.
Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 09:23 AM   #102
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
More bald assertion. Great.
Thanks for giving me the warning of what was coming.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
No. There are two main interpretations. One, she was a mass murdrer about to strike. The facts support that. Two, she was cultivating a bad-girl image and it blew up in her face. The facts also support this, no matter how much you La La La Can't Hear You. The merits of both can be considered. You refuse. Your choice. But why did you join a skeptics forum?
I say you're doing the "I'm a skeptic and you're not" persona, and you respond by personifying it again. Thank you for proving my point.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Wrong again. You're not good at this reading thing.

I don't know what the cops have found in enough detail. They say texts about locations and other things. But whoever she sent the texts to is not a suspect?
Had you read what I linked you'd find out that the reason the other person is not a suspect is because they reported it and they also told her not to shoot up the school. Perhaps you should apply your next level skepticism to actually reading the information provided before insulting my ability to read? A thought.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
That means to me that I would like to see the exact texts and their context to understand how the hell the recipient could not be a conspirator.
Seems pretty easy as I pointed out. Just because she texted someone doesn't mean that person on the other end was in agreement.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Do you get that? I'm not saying they are lying. I want to know what was said (not a cop's blurb, the exact wording), to get why the cops consider her a lone wolf. Their version makes no sense. Who were the texts to?
Read. The. *******. Articles.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Sending texts to someone the cops are not treating as a suspect fits more in with the 'I'm a killer' persona. Finding evidence that was NOT INTENDED FOR OTHERS TO SEE would be more convincing to assume she was actually planning this.
Which...of course they did. It's all in the article.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Thanks, I thought you were providing something new. The story you posted shows what I am saying: cops saying 'we found stuff' but not nearly enough context to rule out posing for others.
Again, it doesn't matter if she was "posing for others". It doesn't make her actions any more or less criminal.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
So far, all the evidence is what she put up for others to be, I dunno, impressed with her? One map of the school under her bed would be 10x more convincing to me, as it would be the first thing that was not presented by her for others to be impressed with.
What the hell would she need a map for? She attended the ******* school. She's familiar with the layout, and that's why she described it in detail in her messages. She knew there were fewer exits where the graduation was, and she knew when the graduations were to be taking place.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Oh, and I see you don't get the discussion thing, based on your LMGTFY link. The point of a skeptical discussion is to consider materials presented. We are not private investigators tryin to catch our culprit. But I think you've made it clear you're not into the skeptical discussion thing, and even considering other interpretations.. See ya on the next one.
Yeah, I need to be more skeptical like you. Perhaps you're giving lessons?
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 09:23 AM   #103
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.
Whoa

-Bill, or Ted. or Any Keanu movie, probably
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 09:24 AM   #104
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.
The Destroyer strikes again...

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Whoa

-Bill, or Ted. or Any Keanu movie, probably
It's from Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers. I don't remember which. Bautista says it.

ETA: Oops, I thought you were referring to the quote. My bad.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 09:35 AM   #105
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,532
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Yes, but what was the threat?

I'd like it explained to me repeatedly over the course of several pages of this thread.
Well then, you'll need to put a bit more effort into it.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 09:55 AM   #106
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
...Again, it doesn't matter if she was "posing for others". It doesn't make her actions any more or less criminal.
Repeatedly agreed. Sign o' the times and all. That's the reading thing I was talking about. You are so committed to polarizing this and making ad-homs and point scoring that you can't understand what I am writing.

Quote:
What the hell would she need a map for? She attended the ******* school. She's familiar with the layout, and that's why she described it in detail in her messages. She knew there were fewer exits where the graduation was, and she knew when the graduations were to be taking place.
Again, comprehension fail. I don't think she would need a map I said..wait, let me speak up for you:

I SAID THAT A SINGLE PIECE OF EVIDENCE, SUCH AS A MAP, THAT WAS NOT PRESENTED BY HER TO IMPRESS OTHERS WOULD BE SIGNIFICANT TO ME AS EVIDENCE THAT SHE ACTUALLY WAS PLANNING A MASS MURDER.

Quote:
Had you read what I linked...
Read. The. *******. Articles.
Which...of course they did. It's all in the article.
Yeah, I need to be more skeptical like you. Perhaps you're giving lessons?
Ok. Was not going to bust your chops about this, but here's ya go: You provided a list of quotes upthread, without a source cited. I politely asked where you got them, because I didn't recall seeing them. You responded with a link back to your link in post#73.

Guess what? Not one of those quotes appears in the article. That's how skepticism works.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 09:57 AM   #107
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
The Destroyer strikes again...



It's from Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers. I don't remember which. Bautista says it.

ETA: Oops, I thought you were referring to the quote. My bad.
Gaurdians, when Quill says something went over Drax's head. Fun flick
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 10:07 AM   #108
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Repeatedly agreed. Sign o' the times and all. That's the reading thing I was talking about. You are so committed to polarizing this and making ad-homs and point scoring that you can't understand what I am writing.
The irony burns.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Again, comprehension fail. I don't think she would need a map I said..wait, let me speak up for you:

I SAID THAT A SINGLE PIECE OF EVIDENCE, SUCH AS A MAP, THAT WAS NOT PRESENTED BY HER TO IMPRESS OTHERS WOULD BE SIGNIFICANT TO ME AS EVIDENCE THAT SHE ACTUALLY WAS PLANNING A MASS MURDER.
I read it perfectly. My point was, she wouldn't need a map. What evidence that she would have to keep secret would work for you?

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Ok. Was not going to bust your chops about this, but here's ya go: You provided a list of quotes upthread, without a source cited. I politely asked where you got them, because I didn't recall seeing them. You responded with a link back to your link in post#73.

Guess what? Not one of those quotes appears in the article. That's how skepticism works.
Dood, google the quotes. If you're as skeptical as you claim this should not at all be complicated. I mean, for real. Highlight, right click, "search google for...". I gathered quotes from multiple sources expecting people could literally do the most minimal amount of effort. What specific quote do you want sourced? Are you unable to do searches through google?

Skepticism isn't being spoon fed everything, and every claim I've made has been supported by evidence available in the public realm.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 10:16 AM   #109
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I read it perfectly. My point was, she wouldn't need a map. What evidence that she would have to keep secret would work for you?
If that's your take, then no, you didn't read it. At all.

Quote:
Dood, google the quotes. If you're as skeptical as you claim this should not at all be complicated. I mean, for real. Highlight, right click, "search google for...". I gathered quotes from multiple sources expecting people could literally do the most minimal amount of effort. What specific quote do you want sourced? Are you unable to do searches through google?

Skepticism isn't being spoon fed everything, and every claim I've made has been supported by evidence available in the public realm.
That's true. Skepticism is considering the evidence presented, not requiring every poster to be a ******* PI and research every line because you were too lazy to cite a source.

And you still ducked the point: why did you claim that your article contained the quotes when you knew damn right well you were lying?
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 10:29 AM   #110
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
If that's your take, then no, you didn't read it. At all.
My take is that you used an example that wasn't relevant. Hence why I asked, what evidence would you consider to fit your criteria?

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
That's true. Skepticism is considering the evidence presented, not requiring every poster to be a ******* PI and research every line because you were too lazy to cite a source.
A PI? Right-click > Search Google for...? Is that your impression of what PI's do?

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
And you still ducked the point: why did you claim that your article contained the quotes when you knew damn right well you were lying?
I'm not lying. I'm not lying at all. As I said, everything I've quoted has been sourced at some point. If I put it in a quote box, I copy and pasted it from somewhere. If you want something specific sourced that isn't then provide me with the quote that is unsourced.

After all, I wouldn't want you to have to go through the strenuous effort of up to 3, maybe even 4 clicks. Anything I can do to make your life easier in your pursuit of skepticism.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 10:47 AM   #111
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
My take is that you used an example that wasn't relevant. Hence why I asked, what evidence would you consider to fit your criteria?
For the same reason I said, and repeatedly. Any evidence that she planned to do this THAT WAS NOT PRESENTED TO OTHERS, BY HER PERSONALLY. A map was an example of something that would not have been something that was ONLY BEING SHOWN TO OTHERS.

Quote:
A PI? Right-click > Search Google for...? Is that your impression of what PI's do?



I'm not lying. I'm not lying at all. As I said, everything I've quoted has been sourced at some point. If I put it in a quote box, I copy and pasted it from somewhere. If you want something specific sourced that isn't then provide me with the quote that is unsourced.

After all, I wouldn't want you to have to go through the strenuous effort of up to 3, maybe even 4 clicks. Anything I can do to make your life easier in your pursuit of skepticism.
Still won't come clean on this? I asked you for the source of the list of uncited quotes you posted. You claimed they were in the article you linked. Even got snotty about it. Now you are trying to rewrite history and claim you just expected me to research your claim for you.

But you kept repeating that I was the problem, for not reading your linked articles. The problem was not me not reading. You posted quotes, claiming you already posted them, to make it look like I wasn't reading. And now I'm calling you on it, like I am calling you for not knowing what conspiracy is, or the difference between a hoax and an attempt, while you claim I am ignorant of basic law..

You were full of ****, and you knew it then, and know it now, but won't admit it.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 11:09 AM   #112
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 23,678
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
No-adblock version from usatoday: says she had been expeled from high school for bringing a knife in and having some kind of swastika. Had a 12 gauge, too. Charming lass.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...un/2355821001/
She is a Nazi.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 11:32 AM   #113
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
She is a Nazi.
Don't start
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 11:47 AM   #114
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,963
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
...and it looks like I was right as they just upgraded the charges against her and her bond went up to $500k. Why you might ask? Because of what they found on her phone:



Basically this wasn't an idle threat, and she only said it wasn't serious when she got caught. She facing life in prison at this point.
I guess we'll have to wait until the dust settles, again (sigh).

Further down on your link. Gwyneth Paltrow punched her Grandmother?!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 11:47 AM   #115
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
For the same reason I said, and repeatedly. Any evidence that she planned to do this THAT WAS NOT PRESENTED TO OTHERS, BY HER PERSONALLY. A map was an example of something that would not have been something that was ONLY BEING SHOWN TO OTHERS.
She got arrested for making ******* threats against other people. The statements she presented to others is the foundation of the charges. The fact that she presented that information to others is the evidence. You're asking for something that doesn't exist.

She told people her entire plan, she didn't keep any of it hidden. Now you're saying that since she told everyone that it's not credible and she was just posturing.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Still won't come clean on this? I asked you for the source of the list of uncited quotes you posted. You claimed they were in the article you linked. Even got snotty about it. Now you are trying to rewrite history and claim you just expected me to research your claim for you.
I provided the quotes, if you're too lazy to google them then that's on you. It's not asking you to do the research, I've done the research and presented it to you on a silver platter. If you doubt any of those quotes then tell me which one you find sketchy and I'll prove it further. I'm not rewriting history at all. Everyone here, sans you, seems to have been able to handle this extremely simplistic task.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
But you kept repeating that I was the problem, for not reading your linked articles. The problem was not me not reading. You posted quotes, claiming you already posted them, to make it look like I wasn't reading. And now I'm calling you on it, like I am calling you for not knowing what conspiracy is, or the difference between a hoax and an attempt, while you claim I am ignorant of basic law..

You were full of ****, and you knew it then, and know it now, but won't admit it.
Firstly, I said, and I quote, "I would assume some form of conspiracy." So you're right, I might have been ******* wrong but I wasn't speaking definitively. Jesus christ. You also never proved me wrong wrt the hoax aspect, you just continuously say that I'm wrong (speaking of not providing **** to back you up). I also said your tale of holding up liquor stores, or your claim on raping whoever it was you named, were irrelevant because they are. They have **** all to do with anything and your bringing them up was pointless. I didn't give them anymore than a seconds thought because, again, they had **** all to do with this case. Nothing. Clear enough?
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 11:52 AM   #116
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
I guess we'll have to wait until the dust settles, again (sigh).

Further down on your link. Gwyneth Paltrow punched her Grandmother?!
If you had met her you would punch her too, to be fair.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 11:52 AM   #117
Venom
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 3,359
Well...this page has more redactions than the Mueller report!
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 11:54 AM   #118
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Well...this page has more redactions than the Mueller report!
Yeah, I swear a ton. I try to tell people not to take it personally, that I'm not mad or upset, and that I just type the way I talk. It never works though, people constantly think I'm throwing a hissy fit, or extremely pissed off, etc.

To me, swearing is a feature, not a bug.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 12:08 PM   #119
Venom
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 3,359
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
She is a Nazi.
Ugh.

Pls don't give the politicizers too much ammo. She was a loser, appparently. I pity all of these losers cause they're often victims of bullying or sexual assault.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 12:09 PM   #120
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,894
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
She got arrested for making ******* threats against other people. The statements she presented to others is the foundation of the charges. The fact that she presented that information to others is the evidence. You're asking for something that doesn't exist.

She told people her entire plan, she didn't keep any of it hidden. Now you're saying that since she told everyone that it's not credible and she was just posturing.
7 7


I provided the quotes, if you're too lazy to google them then that's on you. It's not asking you to do the research, I've done the research and presented it to you on a silver platter. If you doubt any of those quotes then tell me which one you find sketchy and I'll prove it further. I'm not rewriting history at all. Everyone here, sans you, seems to have been able to handle this extremely simplistic task.



Firstly, I said, and I quote, "I would assume some form of conspiracy." So you're right, I might have been ******* wrong but I wasn't speaking definitively. Jesus christ. You also never proved me wrong wrt the hoax aspect, you just continuously say that I'm wrong (speaking of not providing **** to back you up). I also said your tale of holding up liquor stores, or your claim on raping whoever it was you named, were irrelevant because they are. They have **** all to do with anything and your bringing them up was pointless. I didn't give them anymore than a seconds thought because, again, they had **** all to do with this case. Nothing. Clear enough?
Dude, I'm calling you out on trying to BS your way through this, while simultaneously blaming me.

You acknowledge you were wrong on conspiracy. Well , you say 'might' have been wrong. There's no ' might" about it. But I didn't say anything at the time, because you're right, it doesn't matter. Bit if you are going to say I know **** all about law while you make errors that basic, I'm calling you on it.

On that topic, you still don't acknowledge that you are wrong on the difference between a hoax and an attempt? When the prosecutors raised the charge to 'attempted', that didn't even clue you in?

You claimed I was not reading the articles repeatedly. Repeatedly, and you linked your cited quotes back to an article that didn't contain them. Any of them. That's dishonest, bro. No excuses. You could've said 'just google them yourself' but instead you pretended that you had already done so., while saying that the problem was me not reading the posts.

But FFS, can we stop this and get on topic? Pretty please? With ******* sugar on it?

Now, do you contend that my interpretation is impossible, or unlikely, or what?

Last edited by Thermal; 19th September 2019 at 12:14 PM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.