ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 20th July 2011, 05:22 PM   #1
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

Danny Jowenko dead?

I've seen some reports (on truther fora) that Jowenko died in Holland in a car crash.

Perhaps one of our resident Dutch contributors can confirm this?

Sorry if this has been already reported here. I couldn't find anything with the search option. Mods feel free to merge. #

Compus
Old 20th July 2011, 06:24 PM   #2
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Reported here Don't know the source's credibility.
Old 20th July 2011, 06:33 PM   #3
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

I found it in Engish on Whatreallyhappened.com. Almost word-for-word, I think. But is there some mention in the Dutch version of a dog in the car with him? I only know a few Dutch words.
Old 20th July 2011, 06:51 PM   #4
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

And this had absolutely nothing to do with my favorite kitty.

Nothing.

Understand?
Old 20th July 2011, 06:52 PM   #5
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Seems to be all a'buzz in truther circles, can't find any MSM source. Barry Jennings redux surely forthcoming.
Old 20th July 2011, 06:58 PM   #6
BaaBaa
Semi-literate hench-person

Hit #1 was Godlike Productions, so it HAS to be true.
Old 20th July 2011, 09:50 PM   #7
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

NWO Kitty was in Vegas shooting up a poker room (again). You can't blame him for this one.

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 12:28 AM   #8
soliboy
Scholar

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
I found it in Engish on Whatreallyhappened.com. Almost word-for-word, I think. But is there some mention in the Dutch version of a dog in the car with him? I only know a few Dutch words.
There is.

"Ook zat er een hond in de auto".
soliboy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 01:13 AM   #9
soliboy
Scholar

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Seems to be all a'buzz in truther circles, can't find any MSM source. Barry Jennings redux surely forthcoming.
It's possible to find reports about the accident on some Dutch news sites:

hartvannederland.nl/nederland/zeeland/2011/dodelijk-ongeluk-in-serooskerke/

hvzeeland.nl/Nieuws/Item?nid=17089

but the victim's identity had not been made known by the time these reports were published.

The accident happened though, and a dog was in the car.

I don't think you're likely to find much beyond this in the MSM.
soliboy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 02:03 AM   #10
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

Originally Posted by soliboy View Post
but the victim's identity had not been made known by the time these reports were published.

Thanks for that soliboy.

One of the truthers mentioned an obituary by the crash victims wife (I think) perhaps that could confirm it's the right guy. I can't remember where it was now I'll look it up later......

Compus
Old 21st July 2011, 02:11 AM   #11
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The news site in the OP talks about "Danny Jowenko uit de gemeente Veere" (Danny Jowenko from the municipality of Veere). Veere is indeed where Jowenko's company, Jowenko Explosieve Demolitie B.V., is located.

No report of his death on the company's homepage yet: http://www.jowenko.com (however, that site is very static, don't find any updated pages on anything)

Let me try a translation of this report:
Quote:
Danny Jowenko from the municipality of Veere has lost his life in Serooskerke on saturday evening by a frontal crash against a tree.

The accident happened shortly before half past seven (near?) the commercial area De Zompe at the intersection of Wilgenhoekweg and Hondegemseweg. The victim sat trapped and died on the spot. A dog sat in the car, too. It still lived, and is taken by the animal ambulance.

Last edited by Oystein; 21st July 2011 at 02:19 AM.
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 02:23 AM   #12
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Here is an obituary:

http://i51.tinypic.com/30b0oqw.jpg

I paraphrase:
Quote:
Hope
Man is part of nature
Nature always moves
There is no stillstand, rest or ... (?)
Only growth and change

We are uncurably sad because of the death of our dear husband and dad Danny Jowenko
Born in Middelburg 14th december 1955, died in Veere 16th july 2011
Ingrid Rijkse
Nicky
Layla

Veerseweg 107, 4351 SL Veere (That is the company address?!)

Danny has been taken to the mourning room 'Middelburg', Buitenhoovelaan 1. There will be the opportunity for farewell on wednesday 20th july between 7:30pm and 8:30pm.

The cremation ceremony will take place on thursday 21st july 3pm in the crematory at the Westelijke Oude Havendijk 3 in Middelburg.

After the ceremony is an opportunity to condole the family at the restaurant 'De Tropen' at the Damplein 27 in Middelburg.

If you haven't received a mourning letter, please consider this advertisement as such.

Last edited by Oystein; 21st July 2011 at 02:34 AM.
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 03:42 AM   #13
bill smith
Philosopher

Maybe 'Zembla' who screened his profssional opinion of the controlled demolition of WTC7 on Dutch TV would be interested.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 03:48 AM   #14
MetalPig
Master Poster

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
Maybe 'Zembla' who screened his profssional opinion of the controlled demolition of WTC7 on Dutch TV would be interested.
Why?
Old 21st July 2011, 03:48 AM   #15
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

I think some truther killed him because although his professional opinion that WTC7 was a demolition was helpful, his professional opinion that WTC1 and WTC2 couldn't possibly have been CD pretty much screwed that up completely.
Old 21st July 2011, 03:51 AM   #16
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
I think some truther killed him because although his professional opinion that WTC7 was a demolition was helpful, his professional opinion that WTC1 and WTC2 couldn't possibly have been CD pretty much screwed that up completely.
WTC7 will do fine on it's own. I dare say we will be able to swing back to the Twin Towers at that point for another look.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 04:01 AM   #17
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Folks, maybe we wait a few hours (less than 9, at which time Ingrid, Nicky and Layla will retire to their bedrooms after a day of mourning) until the man is properly entombed, and his family has said their goodbyes? Nothing has changed with regard to Danny's thoughts on 9/11, except that he can no longer be asked. His death is not really a good reason to rehash speculations about how he formed opinions some years ago. We've done all that more than enough.
Old 21st July 2011, 04:09 AM   #18
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Was that just something that gets messed up when you translate it into english or are there actual animal ambulances there?

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 04:11 AM   #19
DC
Banned

Maybe 'Zembla' who screened his profssional opinion of the controlled demolition of WTC7 and WTC 1 and 2 on Dutch TV would be interested.
not that you forget his oppinion about those collapses
DC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 04:39 AM   #20
MetalPig
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
Was that just something that gets messed up when you translate it into english or are there actual animal ambulances there?
Yes, we actually have those.
They're not exactly like normal ambulances; they don't have blue flashing lights, and have to obey traffic laws.

Last edited by MetalPig; 21st July 2011 at 04:43 AM. Reason: removed a line that probably contained false information.
MetalPig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 05:01 AM   #21
NoahFence
Suspended

Quote:
WTC7 will do fine on it's own. I dare say we will be able to swing back to the Twin Towers at that point for another look.
And the Pentagon and Shanksville?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 05:08 AM   #22
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

To forestall any speculation that he was killed to sillence him, I took note of the dog specificly because dogs can sometimes cause accidents when they interfere with or distract the driver. That may explain why he left the road for no immediately apparent reason.
Old 21st July 2011, 05:14 AM   #23
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
I got the impression that Europeans become even more attached to the family pets than Americans do. Their animal cruelty laws are even more stringent, apparently.

From a fire fighter's perspective, it also makes sense to do what can be done to save the life of a family pet after a fire or particularly ghastly traffic accident. The loss of property or of a family member can only be aggravated if a beloved pet is also lost.
Old 21st July 2011, 05:16 AM   #24
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

No, the WTC1 and 2 will do fine on their own. I dare say we will be able to swing back to WTC7 at that point for another look...whoops, too late...it wasn't CD either!
Old 21st July 2011, 09:37 AM   #25
alienentity
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Here is an obituary:

http://i51.tinypic.com/30b0oqw.jpg

I paraphrase:
You're right, the obit includes the same address as that of the company. I just checked his company website
http://www.jowenko.com/index.php/1,3,1

Veerseweg 107
NL - 4351 SL VEERE

Unfortunate news. Certainly unrelated to his views on 9/11, just as Barry Jenning's death was.

I'm also certain that conspiracists will seize upon this and weave it into their twisted fantasies. That's what they do.... hopefully they won't harass his family like they did Jenning's.

PS thanks for the translation Oystein

Last edited by alienentity; 21st July 2011 at 09:38 AM.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 09:48 AM   #26
Wolrab
Illuminator

Now the truthers can abuse his name with impunity, just like they did with (IIRC) Frank Demartini (sp.?). Bastards.
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 10:13 AM   #27
alienentity
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
Now the truthers can abuse his name with impunity, just like they did with (IIRC) Frank Demartini (sp.?). Bastards.
You're right. I just checked a few blog references to his passing, and already a bunch of posts claimed that he thought all 3 WTC towers were CD's, which is not what he said.

I suppose that is what mythology is all about - a grain of truth surrounded by a sea of embellishment.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2011, 03:59 PM   #28
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

How long until they reach the conclusion that we offed him?
Old 21st July 2011, 04:15 PM   #29
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
How long until they reach the conclusion that we offed him?
Well, if we hid the evidence properly, hopefully never...
Old 21st July 2011, 11:17 PM   #30
MetalPig
Master Poster

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Well, if we hid the evidence properly, hopefully never...
Plus, we used a dog instead of a kitty, so they'll never suspect us.
Old 22nd July 2011, 03:04 PM   #31
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MetalPig View Post
Plus, we used a dog instead of a kitty, so they'll never suspect us.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2011, 04:05 PM   #32
Crazy J
Student

Some agent of the Bush/Cheney/NWO/CIA/Mossad/Jewish/Freemason/Illuminati was hired to kill him. Atleast thats what the truthers are going to tell us. Anyhow, if this is true then R.I.P. Danny Jowenko.
Crazy J is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2011, 04:48 PM   #33
soliboy
Scholar

Originally Posted by Crazy J View Post
Some agent of the Bush/Cheney/NWO/CIA/Mossad/Jewish/Freemason/Illuminati was hired to kill him. Atleast thats what the truthers are going to tell us. Anyhow, if this is true then R.I.P. Danny Jowenko.
I echo that last sentence.

It saddens me greatly to see dit sort things, but surprises me not a bit:

deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?7772-Dutch-Demolition-Expert-Danny-Jowenko-Dies-in-Car-Crash/page2

Quote:
I'm not an actuary, but by my count, that is at least two important witnesses or experts on the collapse of WTC7 dead.....perhaps more, I haven't been keeping track like Penn Jones did. Maybe it is time to start just such as list of suspicious deaths related to 9/11.

The remains of no-one can RIP with this lot. Nothing is co-incidence, everything is a plot. The names of the dead will be happily dragged through the mud, anything which keeps the fantasy going.

Not to mention, to be an actuary requires a lot more than being able to count to two or slightly above.
Old 27th July 2011, 06:47 PM   #34
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I echo that last sentence.

It saddens me greatly to see dit sort things, but surprises me not a bit:

deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?7772-Dutch-Demolition-Expert-Danny-Jowenko-Dies-in-Car-Crash/page2

The remains of no-one can RIP with this lot. Nothing is co-incidence, everything is a plot. The names of the dead will be happily dragged through the mud, anything which keeps the fantasy going.

Not to mention, to be an actuary requires a lot more than being able to count to two or slightly above.

How many names of witnesses and experts have been abused by the truth movement since 2001? What was their average age? How many years have past? Ergo: What percentage / how many of them would be expected to die in that time if mortality among 9/11 witnesses and experts was the same as that for any random group of adults in the western world? Or do you expect all of these people to be immortal?
During the same time, 2 of my colleagues died. My company had a total of no more than 50 or 60 diferent employees during those 10 years, most of them relatively young (in their 20s and 30s) in 2001.
Do you think my company is victim to a conspiracy, because 2 of us died? Do you think the TM has less than 50 crown witnesses, total? Or does it dawn on you now that people dying is the most natural thing in the world?
Old 28th July 2011, 10:33 AM   #35
Jono
Graduate Poster

I'm sad to hear it. Sadly, we all know how and what the truthers will respond with.
Old 28th July 2011, 07:22 PM   #36
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Given that post traumatic stress can cause physical illness later in life, it is a surprise that more people haven't just tipped over dead.
Old 27th October 2017, 08:08 AM   #37
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The news site in the OP talks about "Danny Jowenko uit de gemeente Veere" (Danny Jowenko from the municipality of Veere). Veere is indeed where Jowenko's company, Jowenko Explosieve Demolitie B.V., is located.

No report of his death on the company's homepage yet: http://www.jowenko.com (however, that site is very static, don't find any updated pages on anything)

Let me try a translation of this report:

"...
The accident happened shortly before half past seven (near?) the commercial area De Zompe at the intersection of Wilgenhoekweg and Hondegemseweg. The victim sat trapped and died on the spot."
Eery, I passed by that spot where Jowenko died less than an hour ago...
Old 27th October 2017, 10:22 AM   #38
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Was leftysargent there? I miss him, from time to time.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2017, 10:31 AM   #39
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Today, we drove that road again, this time in the direction Jowenko was driving in his last minute, and I filmed from the back seat of the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQf3Dvh2Dq0 (57 seconds)

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I didn't pay attention to our speed, but it felt like we were going slower than the speed limit due to the traffic before us. From 26 s to 52 s, the road goes straight, then there is a slight bend right. It appears Jowenko simply went straigh there and crashed into one of the trees on the other side. I believe that one of the two young trees in the center of the view at 52 s replaced the old tree that Jowenko ran into. Or possibly he died on the bigger tree just before gray car that's waiting to turn onto the main street.

The following links on Google Map to the route we were going in that clip:
https://www.google.de/maps/dir/51.53...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

ETA: We discussed specifics of the accident about 1.5 years after the fact in another thread. In this post, LashL showed photos from the scene of the accident, and it shows that it is the big tree, nearest to the road on which the gray car coming from the left, that Jowenko crashed into. I edit the text above accordingly.

Last edited by Oystein; 30th October 2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 4th November 2017, 03:42 PM   #40
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

ETA: We discussed specifics of the accident about 1.5 years after the fact in another thread. In this post, LashL showed photos from the scene of the accident, and it shows that it is the big tree, nearest to the road on which the gray car coming from the left, that Jowenko crashed into. I edit the text above accordingly.

Is there any further information available (for example a coroners inquest verdict) on Danny Joweko's death?

I would be interested to read it.

Compus

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories