ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Michael Flynn , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections

Old 7th December 2017, 07:24 PM   #401
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by logger View Post
I find it fascinating that people on the left cannot possibly see the strategy in filling the State Department and the FBI with their minions. Lucky for the rank and file the leadership understands it.

Even on a skeptics forum.
Uhm, wouldn't Donald Trump be the leadership? Didn't he fire Comey? Wouldn't that be changing it to his "minions"? Are you sure you're doing this right?

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Ten points for plague311.

Would have been twenty, but you weren't clear about the followup of just ignoring when your **** has been exposed.
Obviously because this hasn't, and won't happen.

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
It's amazing how much secret influence liberals have over every part of the government. Not unlike the Jews in the early 20th century. Maybe some brave conservative will propose some kind of solution to this liberal problem.
Maybe a permanent one? One that might come at the end of the line? The last of it's kind? *snaps fingers* hmmm

ďThere are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.Ē - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 07:28 PM   #402
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Not all parts of the deep state are the same thing. All they have in common is that they are part of the deep state. This is how they try to confuse you.
The first rule of Deep State is...
Old 7th December 2017, 08:22 PM   #403
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Fix news is very much selling the idea of a deep state to its audience.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 10:37 PM   #404
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Uhm, wouldn't Donald Trump be the leadership? Didn't he fire Comey? Wouldn't that be changing it to his "minions"? Are you sure you're doing this right?
Lol
Once again youíre not understanding. Trump would be part of the Republican leadership. Iím actually discussing the democrat leadership starting with the Obama administration. Iím glad I could help you.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 10:39 PM   #405
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
It's amazing how much secret influence liberals have over every part of the government. Not unlike the Jews in the early 20th century. Maybe some brave conservative will propose some kind of solution to this liberal problem.
Whatís amazing is how your side thinks it can just hand wave it all away.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 11:32 PM   #406
logger
Philosopher

Muellers investigation is dead?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/07/fr...ead-heres-why/
Old 8th December 2017, 01:46 AM   #407
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Nick James is an idiot?
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 02:54 AM   #408
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Nick James is an idiot?
Just another Trumpster trying hard to convince himself that all is well in Trump world, and that sounds he hears ion the roof are Santa's reindeer and not an FBI swat team

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 04:17 AM   #409
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Is it?
Old 8th December 2017, 04:36 AM   #410
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

That story links to this story.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-trump-is-ent/

Why is it that there is no such thing as a good photo of Trump? Every time someone puts up a sympathetic shot it looks awful. The unsympathetic ones look even worse.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 07:24 AM   #411
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Trump apologists often celebrate own goals. That phenomenon can be observed not only within this subforum, but also in press conferences, campaign events, and (from my own observations) in real life.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 07:35 AM   #412
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Just another Trumpster trying hard to convince himself that all is well in Trump world, and that sounds he hears ion the roof are Santa's reindeer and not an FBI swat team
His "legal perspective" is that the Strzok story "pretty much kills the likelihood of Mueller indicting any other Republicans," so I think Trump or Junior should definitely hire him, immediately. Trump's lawyer claims to be the actual author of an incriminating tweet, and Junior's lawyer seems to have told him he could claim "attorney-client privilege" about his discussions with his father because attorneys were listening in. So Nick James may be an idiot, but it looks like that might be a step up from what they have now. At the least, they could save a lot of money if they hire James and fire the other guys, since James won't actually have anything to do.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 08:35 AM   #413
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Doubt it.
I am not at all surprised.

Quote:
Never said there wasnít, why donít you list those limitations?
Actually, you just did say that there were not any serious limitations about the power of Presidential pardons. However, since you are quite ignorant of the subject, then I will make an attempt to educate you on the subject ...

One. Presidential pardons cannot be used to avoid the President from being impeached. And the numerous Flynn crimes may well be used to process Trump impeachment.

Second. Presidential pardons cannot be used to escape state proceedings. And considering the many illegal things that Flynn was doing, then he may have to face that music before too long.

Third. Presidential pardons cannot be used by the President so that the President can avoid his own legal troubles. Again, considering the numerous crimes that Flynn was involved with, then this could be a serious issue for Trump.

Personally, I think that the reason why Trump has only shown loyalty to exactly one person in his administration [Flynn] is because that one person [Flynn] can actually cause serious legal harm to Trump. Additionally, Trump supporters have got to be the most stupid, idiotic, mindless, and most morally worthless people in the world.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 08:42 AM   #414
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post

Actually, you just did say that there were not any serious limitations about the power of Presidential pardons. However, since you are quite ignorant of the subject, then I will make an attempt to educate you on the subject ...

One. Presidential pardons cannot be used to avoid the President from being impeached. And the numerous Flynn crimes may well be used to process Trump impeachment.

Second. Presidential pardons cannot be used to escape state proceedings. And considering the many illegal things that Flynn was doing, then he may have to face that music before too long.

Third. Presidential pardons cannot be used by the President so that the President can avoid his own legal troubles. Again, considering the numerous crimes that Flynn was involved with, then this could be a serious issue for Trump.

Personally, I think that the reason why Trump has only shown loyalty to exactly one person in his administration [Flynn] is because that one person [Flynn] can actually cause serious legal harm to Trump. Additionally, Trump supporters have got to be the most stupid, idiotic, mindless, and most morally worthless people in the world.
Indeed, and that includes members of his own family.

As Flynn has now flipped, Trump is going to be piqued, and him pardoning Flynn would be rewarding someone who (for very good* reasons) betrayed Trump.

*Self interest, as opposed to, say the sudden discovery of a moral compass.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 09:54 AM   #415
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
His "legal perspective" is that the Strzok story "pretty much kills the likelihood of Mueller indicting any other Republicans," so I think Trump or Junior should definitely hire him, immediately. Trump's lawyer claims to be the actual author of an incriminating tweet, and Junior's lawyer seems to have told him he could claim "attorney-client privilege" about his discussions with his father because attorneys were listening in. So Nick James may be an idiot, but it looks like that might be a step up from what they have now. At the least, they could save a lot of money if they hire James and fire the other guys, since James won't actually have anything to do.
Oh that makes huge sense... I mean if an investigator doesn't like Trump then any emails the FBI may have that Flynn sent or received or any recorded phone calls or testimony Flynn gave is obviously ..er... biased??

I can really seeing a court or judge saying "Well the defence has made a strong case that the investigator was biased against Flynn so you must disregard any evidence he has provided, yes I know Flynn testified in front of the committee but the investigator doesn't like Trump so that can't be used."
Old 8th December 2017, 10:13 AM   #416
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Oh that makes huge sense... I mean if an investigator doesn't like Trump then any emails the FBI may have that Flynn sent or received or any recorded phone calls or testimony Flynn gave is obviously ..er... biased??

I can really seeing a court or judge saying "Well the defence has made a strong case that the investigator was biased against Flynn so you must disregard any evidence he has provided, yes I know Flynn testified in front of the committee but the investigator doesn't like Trump so that can't be used."
Nick James thinks Mueller won't even dare to indict any more Republicans because he's too afraid of any scrutiny of biased investigators. As inevitable as that counterattack is -- what else have they got? -- I'll bet 10-to-1 Internet points that it doesn't faze Mueller.
Old 8th December 2017, 10:22 AM   #417
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Additionally, being pardoned can greatly diminish the ability to plead the 5th amendment.

I disagree, however, with the statement about loyalty between Trump and Flynn. That's been gone for quite a while. Manafort, maybe.
Old 8th December 2017, 10:31 AM   #418
Crossbow

These Trump lackeys are starting to remind me of the 'Black Knight' in Monty Python:

"It's only a flesh wound!"

"I've had worse!"

"Have at you!"

and so on.

Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 10:38 AM   #419
Cleon
King of the Pod People

These Trump lackeys are starting to remind me of the 'Black Knight' in Monty Python:

"It's only a flesh wound!"

"I've had worse!"

"Have at you!"

and so on.
Yes, but at some point King Arthur's able to walk away from the Knight.

Still waiting for that.
Old 8th December 2017, 11:40 AM   #420
Crossbow

Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Yes, but at some point King Arthur's able to walk away from the Knight.

Still waiting for that.
True enough.

I expect that even if it could somehow be clearly documented that:

Trump was planning to lift the Russia trade sanctions lifted after he became President, that
Trump was being black mailed by Russia, that
Trump did indeed pass off Trump Foundation donations as coming from Donald Trump the person, that
Trump was using his businesses to launder vast monies from Russian criminals, and that
Trump did see a few Russian prostitutes peeing on the bed that Bill and Hillary Clinton slept in, that
Putin did help Trump become the President, and that
Many of the people on the Trump team were employed by Russia.

But that wacky Trump would still have quite a few vocal supporters.

Just as happened with Jim and Tammy Baker, Richard Nixon, and so on.

Old 8th December 2017, 11:46 AM   #421
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

I expect that even if it could somehow be clearly documented that:

Trump was planning to lift the Russia trade sanctions lifted after he became President, that
Trump was being black mailed by Russia, that
Trump did indeed pass off Trump Foundation donations as coming from Donald Trump the person, that
Trump was using his businesses to launder vast monies from Russian criminals, and that
Trump did see a few Russian prostitutes peeing on the bed that Bill and Hillary Clinton slept in, that
Putin did help Trump become the President, and that
Many of the people on the Trump team were employed by Russia.
If thatís what it takes to Make America Great Again! Just shows how smart they are!! At least we donít have Hillary!!!
Old 8th December 2017, 03:26 PM   #422
Aber
Graduate Poster

Trump did see a few Russian prostitutes peeing on the bed that Bill and Hillary Clinton slept in.
A new allegation surfaces...

I think you meant Obama.
Aber is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 03:42 PM   #423
rustypouch
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Aber View Post
A new allegation surfaces...

I think you meant Obama.
Why would Trump want to see Obama pee on a bed?
rustypouch is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 08:33 PM   #424
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by rustypouch View Post
Why would Trump want to see Obama pee on a bed?
Why does trump do any of the things he does? No-on really knows.
Old 8th December 2017, 08:43 PM   #425
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Fox and the Republicans are trying to sell the idea that Mueller is compromised so that they can justify not impeaching Trump. This is what authoritarian regimes do.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2017, 09:28 AM   #426
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Fox and the Republicans are trying to sell the idea that Mueller is compromised so that they can justify not impeaching Trump. This is what authoritarian regimes do.
It's hard to miss the fact that The Hair's surrogates are not pointing to factual inaccuracies, only bias. Bias doesn't matter if you're right.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2017, 09:45 AM   #427
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
It's hard to miss the fact that The Hair's surrogates are not pointing to factual inaccuracies, only bias. Bias doesn't matter if you're right.

Even in your make-belief world you shouldn't forget that he's poking around for many months now and hasn't found anything profound regarding the original task of the investigation. Instead he has uncovered collusion with Israel which everybody ignores because when you go down that road you can as well force the whole senate and congress to register as foreign agents.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 9th December 2017 at 09:46 AM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2017, 10:33 AM   #428
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Even in your make-belief world you shouldn't forget that he's poking around for many months now and hasn't found anything profound regarding the original task of the investigation.
The lies and cover up they've found isn't profound?
Old 9th December 2017, 11:01 AM   #429
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Even in your make-belief world you shouldn't forget that he's poking around for many months now and hasn't found anything profound regarding the original task of the investigation.

Why so impatient? You seem suspiciously eager to have this investigation go away as soon as possible. Is it having a negative impact on your quality of life?
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2017, 11:45 AM   #430
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Seriously, what is it with people who keep saying Mueller hasn't found anything because they have not heard that he found anything?

It's not like the public has had a running account of what the investigation is uncovering.

Instead he has uncovered collusion with Israel which everybody ignores because when you go down that road you can as well force the whole senate and congress to register as foreign agents.
While there are a couple kernels here I actually agree with, the totality of this sentence is quite absurd.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2017, 06:00 PM   #431
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Seriously, what is it with people who keep saying Mueller hasn't found anything because they have not heard that he found anything?

It's not like the public has had a running account of what the investigation is uncovering.

It may be a condition of the younger generation that has grown up the Internet and "instant information". For some reason, they refuse to believe that progress in federal investigations aren't posted to a blog every hour or so.

Last edited by Cl1mh4224rd; 9th December 2017 at 06:02 PM.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2017, 06:01 PM   #432
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Instead he has uncovered collusion with Israel which everybody ignores because when you go down that road you can as well force the whole senate and congress to register as foreign agents.

^ I love how everybody took care to cut that sentence out of their quotations.

That's where it ends, folks.
Old 9th December 2017, 06:04 PM   #433
Minoosh
Philosopher

^ I love how everybody took care to cut that sentence out of their quotations.

That's where it ends, folks.
Yes there the quote is, 2 posts above yours.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2017, 06:59 PM   #434
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Well, I've never considered myself to be "everybody:.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2017, 07:37 PM   #435
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post

And a whopping 6 hours 16 minutes before...
Old 10th December 2017, 07:12 AM   #436
sts60
Master Poster

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Fix news is very much selling the idea of a deep state to its audience.
Deep State vs. Derp State.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics