IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th July 2017, 04:29 AM   #81
Major Major
Critical Thinker

Now it's getting political, with cries of persecution, secret meetings of True Believers who know The Truth, and all the other familiar appurtenances of conspiracism . . .

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/07...-gravity-hoax/

Major Major is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 05:23 AM   #82
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
Now it's getting political, with cries of persecution, secret meetings of True Believers who know The Truth, and all the other familiar appurtenances of conspiracism . . .

We may be witnessing the birth of a new cult movement. And being laughed at when you say something stupid is not a form of persecution.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 09:11 AM   #83
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
It's caused by refraction, you silly .. light bends up on air density gradient. It also causes the sun to go red, cause blue light refracts more. Simply physics rly ;-)
Too bad that in the real world the density gradient actually bends light down, and that it's a pretty small effect. Flat earthers don't seem to understand that all this stuff can actually be measured, or they think all the measurements are lies in support of the massive conspiracy to hide the truth
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 05:38 PM   #84
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Why is it that these kooks never seen to be able to understand anything, especially the 1st Amendment?

The 1st Amendment protects your speech and beliefs Government action, not from private citizens you idiots! If private citizens want to laugh in your face because you're a moron, that's their protected 1st amendment right!

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 14th July 2017 at 05:47 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 11:26 AM   #85
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Hey, Flat-Earthers! This is why NASA is stealing your children and sending them to Mars! So they can see the global Earth and the global Mars for themselves. And when they return they can come back and make fun of their parents.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 03:49 PM   #86
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Hey, Flat-Earthers! This is why NASA is stealing your children and sending them to Mars! So they can see the global Earth and the global Mars for themselves. And when they return they can come back and make fun of their parents.
Your ideas intrigue me. Do you have a newsletter or pamphlet to which I may subscribe?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 12:44 PM   #87
LongFuzzy
Critical Thinker

How do the flat earthers' explain the 6 months of 'dark' and 6 months of 'light' at the poles?
LongFuzzy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 02:42 PM   #88
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LongFuzzy View Post
How do the flat earthers' explain the 6 months of 'dark' and 6 months of 'light' at the poles?
NASA Lies. Simple.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 01:45 AM   #89
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
I linked to a video upthread, in which they explain the differing lengths of day and night by stating that the sun changes its orbit every three months or so.
There was of course no explanation about how this happens, nor, also unsurprisingly, any experimental evidence to prove it.
It's almost as if it's not scientific at all......

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 04:07 AM   #90
threadworm
Graduate Poster

There is another breed of Flathead that insists there is no period of permanent darkness in Antarctica, all videos and first hand accounts claiming that there is are false and no ordinary mortal can find out thanks to the permanent border force.

Meanwhile, someone's wedding night lasted a looooong time

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news...-knot-13314854

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 06:36 PM   #91
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
There is another breed of Flathead that insists there is no period of permanent darkness in Antarctica, all videos and first hand accounts claiming that there is are false and no ordinary mortal can find out thanks to the permanent border force.

Meanwhile, someone's wedding night lasted a looooong time

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news...-knot-13314854
Funnily enough being from down this end of the planet, I actually know a number of people that have been to Antarctica, among them my Uncle (who was involved in the Erebus Crash body recovery) and a close friend who went down to study the dry valleys. Neither of them reported encountering this border force.

I am guess that they think this was faked too.

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 03:18 PM   #92
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I find this guy entertaining:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I do hope some of the commentators are not serious and nerve actually bread..............

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 18th July 2017 at 03:22 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 05:58 PM   #93
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I do hope some of the commentators are not serious and nerve actually bread..............

I do hope you meant "never actually bred"....
Old 18th July 2017, 06:14 PM   #94
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I do hope you meant "never actually bred"....
........don't you just hate when you miss something this obvious after hitting post?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 06:17 PM   #95
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

........don't you just hate when you miss something this obvious after hitting post?
And speel chequer can't figure out theirs a problem?
Old 18th July 2017, 06:47 PM   #96
Belz...
Fiend God

Maybe we should just buy them a ticket on the Queen Mary II, a pair of binoculars, and let them sort it out.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 07:33 PM   #97
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
That D. Marble guy tried the "vanishing point" apologetic recently, so I did the math to see just how far something 3000 miles above a flat plane would need to be to appear to be 0.5° of arc (about the angular size of the sun) above the horizon. It turned out to be 343,770 miles away from the observer. To appear 0.25° from the horizon it would have to recede to 687,540 miles. When I pointed out the miniscule angular size that a 26 mile diameter circle would have at those distances it was almost comical. It will likely come as no surprise that mathematics tend to make him rather upset.
It's a December day, and not one of you can prepare a counter-argument.
Old 18th July 2017, 08:31 PM   #98
bknight
Master Poster

I AGREE

I don't find this entertaining at all. This does not show well for the level of education to younger people, even the "critical thinkers"
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 02:50 AM   #99
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Better to nerve actual bread than fake bread. Nerved bread goes really well with dicksed potatoes.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 04:59 AM   #100
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
There is another breed of Flathead that insists there is no period of permanent darkness in Antarctica...
You don't even need the permanent darkness inside the polar circles. Just travel north and south and observe the lengths of day and night shifting exactly to what you'd expect from an inclined rotating earth circling a sun. I've not been in polar regions yet, but I've been to central Sweden near mid-summer, and the days were amazingly long. In one Nov/Dec vacation, I hopped from Germany to Vancouver to New Zealand to Hong Kong and back, and low and behold, there was season change, jet lag, and different lengths of days.

Or: Fly long distance from continent to continent, measure speed and time to determine distance, and then try to map it out on a flat map - doesn't work!
Old 19th July 2017, 05:29 AM   #101
Belz...
Fiend God

Or just buy a planet ticket. At 40,000 feet you can see the curvature slightly. Or, go on a boat and look at stuff drop below the horizon. Hell, there's even a test track in Germany that has a long enough straight section to see the effect.

The mere fact that you can travel from one place to the other in both directions should be enough.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 07:05 AM   #102
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Maybe we should just buy them a ticket on the Queen Mary II, a pair of binoculars, and let them sort it out.
I've asked them why it was so important to put the fire control systems on battleships as high up as possible in order to maximize the effective range of the guns. No response.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 08:27 AM   #103
bknight
Master Poster

I've asked them why it was so important to put the fire control systems on battleships as high up as possible in order to maximize the effective range of the guns. No response.
That is, as you know, because the concept completely refutes the "Flat Earth" model.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 10:31 AM   #104
Imhotep
Graduate Poster

Wondering what Flat Earthers think of the idea of a "Polar route"

A polar route is an aircraft route across the uninhabited polar ice cap regions. The term "polar route" was originally applied to great circle routes between Europe and the west coast of North America in the 1950s.

The Soviet pilot Valery Chkalov was the first to fly non-stop from Europe to the American Pacific Coast. His flight from Moscow, Soviet Union to Vancouver, Washington, United States, via the North Pole on a Tupolev ANT-25 single-engine plane (June 18–20, 1937) took 63 hours to complete. The distance covered was 8,811 kilometres (5,475 mi).

From Wikipedia
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2017, 01:38 AM   #105
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
Wondering what Flat Earthers think of the idea of a "Polar route"

A polar route is an aircraft route across the uninhabited polar ice cap regions. The term "polar route" was originally applied to great circle routes between Europe and the west coast of North America in the 1950s.

The Soviet pilot Valery Chkalov was the first to fly non-stop from Europe to the American Pacific Coast. His flight from Moscow, Soviet Union to Vancouver, Washington, United States, via the North Pole on a Tupolev ANT-25 single-engine plane (June 18–20, 1937) took 63 hours to complete. The distance covered was 8,811 kilometres (5,475 mi).

From Wikipedia
This again would be a simple experiment to conduct, to prove the earth is flat. Calculate the distance between two points, as suggested by a flat earth map, and then fly from one to the other. If the distance is as predicted, voila, the flatness is fact!

Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2017, 06:42 AM   #106
Major Major
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
This again would be a simple experiment to conduct, to prove the earth is flat. Calculate the distance between two points, as suggested by a flat earth map, and then fly from one to the other. If the distance is as predicted, voila, the flatness is fact!
Not just that. Take the known supplies of Antarctic traverses from Vivian Fuchs on, calculate the consumption rate, compare it to the required distance on a flat-earth map, and then wonder where they were getting the extra food and fuel and how they managed to hide the effort needed to set it up.

Major Major is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2017, 08:29 AM   #107
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster

I came across D. Marble recently due to a debunk video that featured his spirit level "proof". He seems to have only recently discovered the flat-earth movement, and has made 45 videos on the subject in the last two months.

One of my favorites is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFDo75XeOL0
He proves that the moon is really close... because... something.
I can't even tell what he's arguing.

He can zoom in with his superzoom lens on trees 1.6 miles away. And then he can zoom in on the moon using the same superzoom lens. Therefore the moon is 1.6 miles away?

What?
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2017, 09:25 AM   #108
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
I can't even tell what he's arguing.

He can zoom in with his superzoom lens on trees 1.6 miles away. And then he can zoom in on the moon using the same superzoom lens. Therefore the moon is 1.6 miles away?

What?
I've asked him point blank to explain what he thinks his video proves. Nothing but crickets.

I have noticed the he almost always responds when some other idiot sycophantically praises him, but he seems to be figuring out that attempts to defend his "arguments" generally lead to him cornering himself. The few times I've coaxed him into defending his arguments, or acknowledging mine, he's responded with infantile dismissals and ad hominems that telegraph his insecurity and frustration with a giant gong.

His entire collection of video posts is just one asinine claim after another.
Old 21st July 2017, 10:37 AM   #109
bknight
Master Poster

I've asked him point blank to explain what he thinks his video proves. Nothing but crickets.

I have noticed the he almost always responds when some other idiot sycophantically praises him, but he seems to be figuring out that attempts to defend his "arguments" generally lead to him cornering himself. The few times I've coaxed him into defending his arguments, or acknowledging mine, he's responded with infantile dismissals and ad hominems that telegraph his insecurity and frustration with a giant gong.

His entire collection of video posts is just one asinine claim after another.
Another flathead that can't prove anything in reality, just in his mind. I love the last few sentences in the video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFDo75XeOL0
He thinks he gains some believability with them, hehe, just willfully ignorant.
Old 21st July 2017, 01:01 PM   #110
Major Major
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Another flathead that can't prove anything in reality, just in his mind. I love the last few sentences in the video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFDo75XeOL0
He thinks he gains some believability with them, hehe, just willfully ignorant.
At least the flatheads in Glinda of Oz (1920) had brains, though they carried them around in cans.

Old 21st July 2017, 09:08 PM   #111
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Okay so I know the world is a globe, but I think I have found the absolute proof of it. A lot of math in this, but hey....

So back in the day I was into yachting quite a bit, and the biggest events were the Whitbread Round the World Races (this was before NZ was more involved in the America's Cup.)

In the 1989-90 Race, New Zealand had its first win, Steinlager II, under the skippering of Sir Peter Blake, and the following year under Grant Dalton came our second win with NZ Endeavour. Steinlager II was in fact the first boat to win every leg of the race, which made that win very momentous for the country, and as an island nation with sailing something of a past time for a lot of kiwis, rich and poor, these races were followed extremely closely.

So then what is my point, how does this disprove a flat earth. Well, Leg's 2, 3, and 4 of both these races were sailed from Punta del Este, Uruguay to Fremantle, Perth Australia, then to Auckland, New Zealand, and finally back to Punta del Este. Yes, they basically sailed a circle of the Southern Ocean at about 35 degrees South!

From this we can clearly prove or disprove a Flat Earth because the sailing distances for these three legs would depend entirely on the shape of the planet!

Taking each of these

Punta del Este is found at 34.9369°S, 54.9281°W placing it 8,643 miles from the North Pole.
Fremantle is found at 32.0569°S, 115.8605°E placing it 8,413 miles from the North Pole
Auckland is found at 36.8485°S, 174.7633° E placing it 8,750 miles from the North Pole.

Thus to travel from one port to another around the Southern Ocean as claimed, the yachts would have had to travel in a circle with a radius of approximately 8,600 miles. This means we can work out how far they would have had to travel!

To find the circumference of a circle we use 2πr

so... 2 x π (3.1415....) x 8,600 = 54,047 miles!

But according to the Race Data these three legs are only a total of 16,744 miles! In fact the entire race is only 31,975 miles!

So if the Earth was flat, these three legs would have been three times as long as claimed, and 166% longer than the entire race was claimed to be!

But PW, I hear you saying... Surely it would be faster to travel in a straight line than a curve, and this would make the distance shorter.

Well yes it would, and using the Cosine Rule (a2 = b2 + c2 - 2ab.cosA) we can work this out.

Using the above city information we can work out that Punta del Este and Fremantle are 170.7886° apart. Fremantle and Auckland are 58.9028° apart, and Auckland and Punta del Este are 130.3086° apart. With their distances from the North Pole we can determine that in a straight line, the legs would have to be 17,001 miles, 8,443 miles, and 15,783 miles respectively, for a total of 41,227 miles!

There is another slight problem with this straight line thing... to sail in a straight line from Punta del Este to Fremantle to Auckland, and back to Punta del Este on a flat earth would require the following path....

As one can see, this would be a little problematic.

Finally, the Whitbread 60 class of yacht was at the time one of the fastest mono-hulled sailing vessels with speeds of around 10 knots at cruising. The record, set in the mid-nineties, was an average of just over 15.5 knots over a 24 hour period. Even at this speed the entire way, there is no way that any of the yachts could have completed the entire Flat Earth distance of 54,047 miles for just legs 2, 3, and 4 in the 120 days it took NZ Endeavour to complete the entire race, and of course that isn't counting that they still would have to complete the extra distance for legs, 1, 5 and 6 which we haven't calculated on top of that. The yachts are simply not fast enough to have completed the distances required by a flat Earth in the time that they did so.

These races, which are still going on under the new Volvo brand prove categorically that the Earth is not flat, but rather is a globe, it's the only way that they can possibly sail between points in the Southern Hemisphere fast enough.

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 21st July 2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:54 AM   #112
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Great post, PhantomWolf.
Unfortunately, I assume the response would be some kind of claim that the race was faked. These beliefs can only be sustiained by people who never travel, and possibly who never go outside.

Old 22nd July 2017, 04:53 AM   #113
frenat
Critical Thinker

Great post, PhantomWolf.
Unfortunately, I assume the response would be some kind of claim that the race was faked. These beliefs can only be sustiained by people who never travel, and possibly who never go outside.
Faked or they ignore it completely. Of course from what I've seen on GLP and the Flat Earth Society forum it appears that well over 90% of flat earthers are trolls (including a significant amount of the moderators) with a majority of those left just unable to think critically.
frenat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2017, 05:07 AM   #114
cow_cat
Mr. Parodied

It's ironic - this thread is called "Experimental evidence for a flat earth". I count at least five definitive proofs which supply experimental evidence for a round (spheroid) earth. These can be independently verified with very little effort or with a small amount of honest inquiry, and can only be dismissed if you metaphorically stick your fingers in your ears and shout "LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

Even if some of the flat-earthers are "trolling", they are functionally no different from genuine idiots. Therefore I will simply avoid complication and assume they are all idiots, "trolls" or not.

Used to have another username, but I hated it.
cow_cat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2017, 05:14 AM   #115
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Great post, PhantomWolf.
I am sure that they will, though the funny thing is that 1989-90 was the first time that the yachts actually had camera's onboard and were able to broadcast to the world was was happening as it was happening. There were daily updates and footage of the race from the water even in the southern oceans. As they came near to land these broadcasts were often played live on TV as the boats raced neck and neck towards the finish line of each leg.

There is even a major documentary about the race if you have a couple of hours to spare.

I AGREE

Of course for the Flat Earthers it is just as easy to ignore it all.

Old 22nd July 2017, 05:18 AM   #116
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Originally Posted by cow_cat View Post
It's ironic - this thread is called "Experimental evidence for a flat earth". I count at least five definitive proofs which supply experimental evidence for a round (spheroid) earth. These can be independently verified with very little effort or with a small amount of honest inquiry, and can only be dismissed if you metaphorically stick your fingers in your ears and shout "LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

Even if some of the flat-earthers are "trolling", they are functionally no different from genuine idiots. Therefore I will simply avoid complication and assume they are all idiots, "trolls" or not.
I started the thread in response to thewholesoul's insistence that only experimental (i.e. not observational) evidence was acceptable to prove the earth was spheroid.
I wanted to see what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot- to see if he/she had any experimental evidence of their own that would satisfy this demand.
Interestingly enough, thewholesoul never once posted in the thread, and neither did Daniel, who also popped up to defend the flat earth idea. What I can't decide, though, is whether this makes them bridge-dwellers, who were just winding us up and were never really serious, or whether they simply couldn't deal with the tables being turned on them in this way. They both seem to have run away, at least for the time being, so I guess there's no way to know.

Old 22nd July 2017, 06:19 AM   #117
cow_cat
Mr. Parodied

Well, he/she/it has the experimental evidence that he/she/it demands, and the silence relating to the OP's question is deafening.

In my opinion, bridge dwellers or genuine morons is a distinction without a difference. There's no way to tell which is which, so I have stopped treating the two groups differently. After an initial attempt to educate, they are nothing but contemptuous.

Used to have another username, but I hated it.
cow_cat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2017, 11:04 AM   #118
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

To quote the much missed Dr. Adequate, "The stupid, it burns!".

The latest video from flat earth cult leader wannabe D.Marble addresses the upcoming North American solar eclipse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z5-9RAZbKE

I'd comment to explain how massively he's gone wrong, but the coward has blocked me for pointing out other mathematical proofs that demonstrate the geometric impossibility of the flat earth cosmology. He's a moron (who lives in a van and craps in a bucket, literally) who, like the vast majority of conspiracy nuts, was drawn to this particular load of feces because it makes him feel like he's one of the smartest people around, instead of one of the dumbest. The really sad thing is to see how smug and arrogant he is about his so called proof. He's so far up his own backside that he'd vanish completely if he stood on his toes.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:10 AM   #119
Imhotep
Graduate Poster

We have an RV that I occasionally spot in the area which is all decked out with Anti-Vaxxing art and slogans, it's quite a sight to behold. The Flat Earthers should get one too, and then drive it around across the world.
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2017, 11:16 AM   #120
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
We have an RV that I occasionally spot in the area which is all decked out with Anti-Vaxxing art and slogans, it's quite a sight to behold. The Flat Earthers should get one too, and then drive it around across the world.
D.Marble has his Flat Earth Offensive stuff written all over the side of his van. He's a true believer and he really, really wants people to praise him. He'll be mixing up some poisoned Flavor Aid in within a few years.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories