IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 10th October 2022, 03:01 PM   #1121
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Apparently the vaccine will be "activated" on October 10th, today. Everyone whose had it will die. I've just doubled down by getting another booster.
Oh damn. I just filled my oil tank, when I could have spent it on hookers and blow.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2022, 04:37 PM   #1122
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Apparently the vaccine will be "activated" on October 10th, today. Everyone whose had it will die. I've just doubled down by getting another booster.
No super-powers yet. I feel cheater yet again by anti-vaxxers.
Old 10th October 2022, 05:18 PM   #1123
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

Ladapo strikes again

Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo issued guidance against males age 18-39 receiving the vaccine. The analysis he cited is not peer-reviewed and the authors are not known. Kristen Panthagani, MD, PhD wrote an essay in response, "Given the arbitrary selection of cardiac outcomes, the lack of validation, the small sample size, and the failure to control for COVID infection as a confounding variable, overall these results are largely unreliable, and personally I would not base any decisions on them."

Politico reported, "Johns Hopkins Medicine, the Mayo Clinic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the FDA have all stressed that the vaccine is safe and urged the public to get vaccinated."

The Orlando Sentinel reported, "“This decision is flawed and a far cry from the science: COVID-19 vaccines have been proven safe and effective, and severe adverse reactions are rare,” said U.S. Department of Health and Human Services spokesperson Sarah Lovenheim in a statement. “Vaccines were evaluated in tens of thousands of participants in clinical trials and since then, tens of millions of Americans have received COVID-19 vaccines.”" link

I am putting this information into the present thread because conspiracy theorists might cite Florida's guidance.
EDT
I see that Resume has already covered this topic in comment #1119.
EDT2
At the Los Angeles Times Michael Hiltzik wrote, "“This is the first time that we’ve seen a state government weaponize bad science to spread anti-vaccine disinformation as official policy,” wrote David Gorski, a surgical oncologist and veteran debunker of anti-vaccine balderdash. Gorski identified Florida’s action as “a dangerous new escalation in anti-vaccine propaganda.”"

Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 10th October 2022 at 06:08 PM.
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2022, 07:32 PM   #1124
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Nothing so far - ACK! GURGLE!! AAAAAARRRRRRGH...
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2022, 06:15 AM   #1125
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Actually, I'm not feeling well at all. It's a cold . . . I hope.
Old 11th October 2022, 09:59 AM   #1126
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

A study from France

"As recently as September, a French peer-reviewed study looked at cardiovascular events in the country’s 46.5 million adults younger than 75 using medical records; this study found no relationship between cardiovascular events and Pfizer or Moderna vaccination." Orlando Sentinel. Other portions of the article are worth reading as well.
Old 11th October 2022, 12:57 PM   #1127
marting
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
"As recently as September, a French peer-reviewed study looked at cardiovascular events in the country’s 46.5 million adults younger than 75 using medical records; this study found no relationship between cardiovascular events and Pfizer or Moderna vaccination." Orlando Sentinel. Other portions of the article are worth reading as well.
I'm going to quibble about the French Study.
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M22-0988
Their analysis only had 2 age groups, Under 60 and 60-75. And they relegated that data to Table 5 in a supplement. It was well known that heart related issues with mRNA vax (pericarditis and myocarditis) have a much greater impact on males under 30. By aggregating them in the under 60 any signal from the younger group would be much smaller. But they had the info and could have published it. Also, they only published data for Az and Jansen, not Pfizer and Moderna for those groups and they had more data for them! What's up with that?

Supplement:
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/supp...Supplement.pdf

Still, the point values in the supplement are consistently higher for the group under 60 than 60-75. This is consistent with the Florida data.

This annoys me as much as the Florida analysis that didn't publish deaths from covid-19, which they also had and would have likely shown significant benefit in all age groups.

Last edited by marting; 11th October 2022 at 01:09 PM.
marting is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2022, 12:14 PM   #1128
marting
Illuminator

I've been thinking more about the inconsistencies in the Florida study. On reviewing it yet again, there seems evidence that the original paper included data on covid-19 deaths, not just vaccine risks. And then the paper was stripped of the covid-19 deaths but left tell-tale signs of the original. And it starts with the title and objective:

Title:
Quote:
Exploring the relationship between all-cause and cardiac-related mortality following COVID-19 vaccination or infection in Florida residents: a self-controlled case series study
Objective:
Quote:
To evaluate the risks of all-cause and cardiac-related mortality following COVID-19 vaccination.
Where's the covid-19 mortality in that objective? It isn't there. And the data set specifically excluded anyone with a documented covid-19 infection.

Quote:
Individuals were excluded if they (1) had a documented COVID-19 infection, (2) experienced a COVID-19 associated death, (3) received a booster, or (4) received their last COVID-19 vaccination after December 8, 2021 (to ensure each individual had the 25-week follow-up period to experience the event of interest).
Now look at the Table 1 description:

Quote:
Table 1: Relative incidence following COVID-19 vaccination or infection for all cause and cardiac-related deaths during the risk period vs baseline period
Really? How did they do that after excluding everyone with a covid-19 infection?

Oh, wait. Let's look at what's actually in the table:
Quote:
COVID-19 vaccination
Yep. Nothing about infections. Nor anything in the next tables. So lets look at the "Discussion" section.

Quote:
Risk for both all-cause and cardiac-related deaths was substantially higher 28 days following COVID-19 infection. The risk associated with mRNA vaccination should be weighed against the risk associated with COVID-19 infection.
Well, golly gee. No kidding. So they did look at covid-19 deaths in a 4 week period following infection. And the Table 1 heading indicates the actual data was part of Table 1. But it wasn't.

This sure smells like a study that originally included data on both benefits and risks then they removed the benefits. But sloppily leaving traces of the original. Why would they do that? On Florida's Surgeon General's orders?
Old 22nd October 2022, 02:32 AM   #1129
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator

Booster received on Thursday afternoon: still no 5G reception and still no super powers and I'm definitely still alive with not even as much as an achy arm.

This is a distinct swizz, aside from I've not had Covid...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2022, 02:56 AM   #1130
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Booster received on Thursday afternoon: still no 5G reception and still no super powers and I'm definitely still alive with not even as much as an achy arm.

This is a distinct swizz, aside from I've not had Covid...

The explanation is simple however; being that either:

1. You are a lying shill CIA satanic Jewish disinfo agent and you're just saying you got the shot but you never did,

2. The Conspiracy/Cabal obviously gave some percentage of the public fake and harmless shots exactly so that in the future they would be around to pipe up at times like this and say "but I got the vaccine and I'm fine".
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2022, 11:35 AM   #1131
Axxman300
Philosopher

Getting my booster next week. I will live forever.
Old 28th October 2022, 02:05 PM   #1132
ZiprHead
Muse

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Getting my booster next week. I will live forever.
And pick up a strong 5g signal wherever you go. Wheeeee!

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2022, 03:49 PM   #1133
marting
Illuminator

Just got flu and C19 jab. No superpowers. Darn.

Arms are tender though.
Old 28th October 2022, 09:39 PM   #1134
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

I got a COVID bivalent vaccine and a flu shot last week. Is it possible to flue shot cancelled out the COVID vaccine's superpowers? If so, next year I'm going to get them a month apart.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2022, 05:10 PM   #1135
eerok
Quixoticist

Sherri Tenpenny will finally have to explain herself.

Doc who thinks vaccinated people are magnetic is in big trouble with med board (arstechnica.com)
Quote:
"I'm sure you've seen the pictures all over the Internet of people who have had these shots and now they're magnetized," Tenpenny said in her viral testimony. "You can put a key on their forehead—it sticks. You can put spoons and forks all over and they can stick because now we think there is a metal piece to that."
Old 2nd November 2022, 12:36 AM   #1136
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Wife and I remain Covid virgins, or were we the typhoid marys of Covid... our kids and grandkids have had Covid a time or two.

we had each booster, the latest bivalent (she no soreness, I had a sore arm, or thought/imagined I had a sore arm each time)
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2022, 05:18 AM   #1137
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Sherri Tenpenny will finally have to explain herself.

Doc who thinks vaccinated people are magnetic is in big trouble with med board (arstechnica.com)
More from your link:
Quote:
She went on to suggest that there may be an "interface—yet to be defined" between the components of lifesaving vaccines and "all of the 5G towers." She added that the connection is "not proven yet" but that "we're trying to figure [it] out."
Nope.

ETA: Though not much more cement-headed than anything the banned CT-ers* posted here.

*Hey Bubba, I see you still lurk here; you're still wrong.

Last edited by Resume; 2nd November 2022 at 05:22 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2022, 06:16 AM   #1138
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Wife and I remain Covid virgins, or were we the typhoid marys of Covid... our kids and grandkids have had Covid a time or two.

we had each booster, the latest bivalent (she no soreness, I had a sore arm, or thought/imagined I had a sore arm each time)
I haven't had covid, and neither has my sister, but most other people I know have had it at least once, including my anti-vaxx niece and her kids. I've had two Pfizer shots and a booster. The six-month mark for my next booster is mid-December, but I might get it (the bivalent) later this month. My local hospital closed the ER last weekend due to covid, so we're obviously not done with covid yet.
Old 2nd November 2022, 06:29 AM   #1139
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
*Hey Bubba, I see you still lurk here; you're still wrong.
So deeply, stupidly wrong.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2022, 05:13 PM   #1140
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
So deeply, stupidly wrong.
Profoundly, deeply, habitually . . . they visited here just today at 3:28 and one can only imagine their frustration at their inability to disseminate more dangerously ignorant disinformation, and despite the demurs offered up by disinformation defenders, this forum is far better for the current lack of heinous horse ****.
Old 5th November 2022, 12:48 AM   #1141
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Profoundly, deeply, habitually . . . they visited here just today at 3:28 and one can only imagine their frustration at their inability to disseminate more dangerously ignorant disinformation, and despite the demurs offered up by disinformation defenders, this forum is far better for the current lack of heinous horse ****.
This made me idly wonder just how long it will be before he does finally acknowledge he was wrong, but I know the answer is never. As long as there is some crackpot in some obscure corner of the internet "explaining" that the vaccines have in fact killed 90% of humanity but the mainstream media are covering it up, he will carry on believing. There really did seem to be no lie, however blatant and transparent, that he would not swallow if it reinforced his preposterous image of himself as more informed/insightful than us sheeple.

In the meantime, in the real world, this particular conspiracy theory will be forgotten. Sadly another, equally ridiculous, one will pop up, which the Bubbas of the world (including Bubba himself, there seemed no limit to the number of things he could be simultaneously wrong about) will seize on just as eagerly.
Old 5th November 2022, 10:09 PM   #1142
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

The whole "map alignments" thing proved that Bubba is pathologically incapable of admitting error. He parroted a stupid claim that he never bothered to verify, and when it was pointed out that it was blatantly untrue, and he wasn't able to make it work himself, he childishly made up an "expert" who was going to provide the proof at some point in the near future.

I'm sure Bubba is on some other forum making up ******** authorities who are about to prove him right... Any day now... Just you wait and see...

Meanwhile, keep an eye out for new members going by "Abbub" or "notBubba".
Old 17th November 2022, 04:33 PM   #1143
eerok
Quixoticist

I'm shocked, I say.

Right-wing doctor group led by anti-vaccine insurrectionist implodes in scandal (arstechnica.com)
Quote:
The scandal has split the group—aka AFLDS—into warring factions, with its prominent founder, Simone Gold, accused of a slew of wrongdoing, including using the charity group's funds to buy a $3.6 million mansion for herself and her boyfriend. She's also accused of staging a hostile coup of the organization in the weeks since her release from federal prison for her role in the January 6, 2021, insurrection, which the group has defended.
Old 18th November 2022, 09:10 AM   #1144
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Quacks grifting credules . . . whodathunkit?
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:22 AM   #1145
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

Verified Anti-vaccine accounts at Twitter

The Guardian reported, "Under Elon Musk’s new direction for Twitter, several anti-vaccine accounts with tens of thousands of followers are now verified by paying $7.99 a month for Twitter Blue...But “now it looks like Twitter’s giving these accounts some legitimacy”, said Peter Hotez, a vaccine scientist and dean of tropical medicine at Baylor College of Medicine."

Another problem is that this crowd is savvy enough to avoid algorithms that look for key words. "“I [Tiago Henrique Fernandes] basically train the members to … get away from that kind of language and get more into undercover, what I call ‘carnival talk’ – that way the algorithms can’t figure it out,” he said. Group members often refer to the vaccines as food – “cookie”, “peaches”, “cheeseburger” – or use purposeful misspellings, especially for purported side-effects like seizures (“see jures”) or cancer (“can sir”)."

Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 22nd November 2022 at 09:25 AM.
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:03 AM   #1146
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

The Guardian reported, "Under Elon Musk’s new direction for Twitter, several anti-vaccine accounts with tens of thousands of followers are now verified by paying $7.99 a month for Twitter Blue...But “now it looks like Twitter’s giving these accounts some legitimacy”, said Peter Hotez, a vaccine scientist and dean of tropical medicine at Baylor College of Medicine."

Another problem is that this crowd is savvy enough to avoid algorithms that look for key words. "“I [Tiago Henrique Fernandes] basically train the members to … get away from that kind of language and get more into undercover, what I call ‘carnival talk’ – that way the algorithms can’t figure it out,” he said. Group members often refer to the vaccines as food – “cookie”, “peaches”, “cheeseburger” – or use purposeful misspellings, especially for purported side-effects like seizures (“see jures”) or cancer (“can sir”)."
Don't worry, we have it on good authority that this freedom far outweighs the fatal harm done by liberal sentiments.

bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:20 AM   #1147
marting
Illuminator

This is also the downside of censorship. It reinforces the notion that what is being censored is an actual truth that those in power want to supress. The self collapse of the Soviet Union is a good example where the nonsense became palpable. I remember listening to Radio Moscow (Vladamir Posner) over the decades and noticing that, near the end, they became rather sly at aluding to the systemic problems w/o directly saying so whle maintaining the "ain't things great" party line.
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:23 AM   #1148
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Don't worry, we have it on good authority that this freedom far outweighs the fatal harm done by liberal sentiments.
All that acceptance of other human beings will be the death of us.*

Wasn't Musk a C-19 minimizer?

*Also too, Homo books at the public library.

Last edited by Resume; 22nd November 2022 at 11:26 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:28 PM   #1149
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

So the latest toy in the anti-vaxxers fun box is a movie called “Died Suddenly” with lots of footage of people allegedly dying on camera, obviously from the vaccine! Problem is some of the footage is of people collapsing before the vaccine was available…and most didn’t die!

https://twitter.com/thereal_truther/...31003312107522

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:29 PM   #1150
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

All that acceptance of other human beings will be the death of us.*

Wasn't Musk a C-19 minimizer?

*Also too, Homo books at the public library.
Musk defied CA lockdown restrictions and made his Tesla workers go back to their jobs IIRC.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:42 PM   #1151
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
So the latest toy in the anti-vaxxers fun box is a movie called “Died Suddenly” with lots of footage of people allegedly dying on camera, obviously from the vaccine! Problem is some of the footage is of people collapsing before the vaccine was available…and most didn’t die!

Anti-vax nutters lying? You don't say!
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:00 AM   #1152
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post

Caroline13 would have loved that. She probably would have made all sorts of cringe-worthy auto-erotic references to how much she loved it.
Old 24th November 2022, 03:30 PM   #1153
Axxman300
Philosopher

There's some clown saying the rise in COVID deaths this fall is directly related to the boosters we got in the Spring.

I'm boosted. I'm still not dead. In fact, my heart function has recovered from where it was five years ago. If the vaccine and booster did what the nutjobs claim, I should have been worm food last year.
Old 24th November 2022, 07:36 PM   #1154
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

There's some clown saying the rise in COVID deaths this fall is directly related to the boosters we got in the Spring.

I'm boosted. I'm still not dead. In fact, my heart function has recovered from where it was five years ago. If the vaccine and booster did what the nutjobs claim, I should have been worm food last year.
I've had three boosters - I'm as full of death as a drugstore, running on pure cussedness now.

Old 24th November 2022, 09:51 PM   #1155
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
The explanation is simple however; being that either:

1. You are a lying shill CIA satanic Jewish disinfo agent and you're just saying you got the shot but you never did,

2. The Conspiracy/Cabal obviously gave some percentage of the public fake and harmless shots exactly so that in the future they would be around to pipe up at times like this and say "but I got the vaccine and I'm fine".
Or C: he got Adrenochrome
Old 30th November 2022, 09:08 AM   #1156
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Quack who gulled cement-heads gets what she deserves.

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A naturopathic doctor who sold fake COVID-19 immunization treatments and fraudulent vaccination cards during the height of the coronavirus pandemic was sentenced in California on Tuesday to nearly three years in prison, federal prosecutors said.

Juli A. Mazi pleaded guilty last April in federal court in San Francisco to one count of wire fraud and one count of false statements related to health care matters.
Good!
Old 30th November 2022, 11:10 AM   #1157
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...urgery-on-baby

Nope, those parents, who refer to blood tainted by vaccines, are NOT conspiracy theorists. Says their lawyer, who is well known to be an anti-vaxx campaigner.

This is all just an unfortunate coincidence...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2022, 11:34 AM   #1158
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...urgery-on-baby

Nope, those parents, who refer to blood tainted by vaccines, are NOT conspiracy theorists. Says their lawyer, who is well known to be an anti-vaxx campaigner.

This is all just an unfortunate coincidence...
Cement-heads.
Old 30th November 2022, 04:51 PM   #1159
Axxman300
Philosopher

Bill Clinton has tested positive for COVID. I wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the Qanon thread.
Old 30th November 2022, 08:07 PM   #1160
MBDK
Critical Thinker

Bill Clinton has tested positive for COVID. I wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the Qanon thread.
Why not both?
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories